PDA

View Full Version : low allergy plants

BLACK BEAR
14-04-2009, 09:21 PM
I have a client who is replacing all his grass areas with mulch and then wants some low maintenance, low allergy plants. He and his son have some allergies to the grass/weeds that were growing (up to 2mtrs high in places :laughing: ) Any ideas from those with knowledge would be welcome- :p even my friend from RSA :cool:

BLACK BEAR
15-04-2009, 07:51 AM
I have a client who is replacing all his grass areas with mulch and then wants some low maintenance, low allergy plants. He and his son have some allergies to the grass/weeds that were growing (up to 2mtrs high in places ) Any ideas from those with knowledge would be welcome

Wattle GC
15-04-2009, 11:22 AM
I have a client who is replacing all his grass areas with mulch and then wants some low maintenance, low allergy plants. He and his son have some allergies to the grass/weeds that were growing (up to 2mtrs high in places ) Any ideas from those with knowledge would be welcome

I love these ones.. Firstly you need to identify the weeds they have. if they are about 2m tall it could be Canadian Fleabane or sow thistle ,thickhead etc.these types are prolific seed producers and can agravate allergies especially this time of year with lots of wind born seed about..
Find out if the family do suffer from asthma or other type of respiratory illness as once you know what they suffer from you can generally link it to the plant / weed problem.(The internet will help you here).Its a little trial and error but you will get there and they will love you forever..