PDA

View Full Version : Broke A Window

mojo111
23-09-2004, 09:24 PM
Yep dam crap! on peoples lawns hiding in the grass. Don't know what it was. Took out a fixed window the size of a sliding door. Didn't see it happen the lady rang about half hour latter.I went around had a look?? BUGGER! Got a bloke on the phone (a mate) how much?? screwed him down to $150.00 not bad I thought. I said to her it was a waste of time me getting out of bed to day Then she said don't worry about it sh1t happens. I'll pay for it you've had a hard winter! you don't need the extra expense. Bugger me! good on ya sweet hart (old girl 80+) I offered her 4 mows in exchange. she! wouldn't here of it my fault she said didn't check the lawn properly.

What would you guys do??

I think I'll do the exchange lawns anyway

APS_QLD
23-09-2004, 09:29 PM
Still do the lawns free ................. best good will you will get.

Brian

Topcat
23-09-2004, 09:32 PM
Dig a hole in her vege patch....

An through er in......... :laughing:

but, Just fix it $150 ain't that bad ;)

I throw a rock from under the mower into a car Monday morning, cost me about $400, ya reckon that didn't stuff the hole week...

I hated everyone for about a month......... ;frosty;

robscl
24-09-2004, 03:22 PM
i'd still do the lawns for free, easier to wear $35 bucks a fortnight than$150 in a week and it's great customer service..

Rob

mick
24-09-2004, 04:25 PM
Yep, free lawns! Just do the lawns and dont bill her for them. Then she cant say no.
Had a simular thing happen to me.

mojo111
24-09-2004, 05:41 PM
When ya think about it--------its not gonna cost me $150. In real money its about $5.00 in gas,trim line, insurance and about 20 min in time per mow. No extra travel because I mow another two in the same street ;) LOL :clap:

mick
24-09-2004, 11:25 PM
When ya think about it--------its not gonna cost me $150. In real money its about $5.00 in gas,trim line, insurance and about 20 min in time per mow. No extra travel because I mow another two in the same street ;) LOL :clap:

Exactly mojo! When I smashed a car window, I didnt even know about it till the next time I went to mow. I offered her money etc but in the end I more or less went halfs with her. I mowed her lawn I think 2 times or so and she was happy with that.
I still have her as a customer to this day!
With the price of Insurance excess, its cheaper to do it like this some times IMO.

mojo111
24-09-2004, 11:33 PM
Insurance is only worth claiming on when ya stuff up BIG time. eg shop front windows. not that I've done that. Touch wood. :laughing: :laughing:

mick
24-09-2004, 11:44 PM
Exactly mojo, just makes sence really! I havent broken anything worth more than maybe $200 yet......."touch wood!"

I should mention the window I broke, they'd been doing some gardening and must of pulled up a rock or something and left it there. Therefore, not entirly my fault but I still went halfs to keep them happy.

emu bill
05-10-2004, 07:27 AM
its there duty of care to make sure the lawn is clear of rubbish . so her house insurance pays not you . :aus-flag:

mojo111
05-10-2004, 02:13 PM
its there duty of care to make sure the lawn is clear of rubbish . so her house insurance pays not you . :aus-flag:

Hi emu bill and welcome to the site :wave-hi:
Not sure about that one. worth looking into .

She has accepted liability so I don't have to pay ;)

What part of OZ are ya in mate??

Indyanswer
07-10-2004, 08:43 PM
Every Contents Cover Policy Generally Has A Ten To Twenty Thousand Public Liability Included In Th Econtents Cover Of The Customer