PDA

View Full Version : Ride on Lawnmowers Dumb Question + extras

APS_QLD
25-09-2004, 08:36 AM
I know this is a dumb question but what is a ZTR? I assume it means Zero Turn Radius but :i dunno:.

I have interest in getting a ride on as i can see enough benifit in getting one mainly to increase my output and to be a bit more refreshed at the end of the day.

Do owners complain about using a ride on on there lawn? I know i took over a property where the other person used a ride on ..... dug holes everywhere with it. I'm guessing a bad operator.

The questions is now which one........... EASY tony :laughing: i know the TORO is there and from all account so is the Great Dane and Walker are there any others.

I will be mostly doing domestic work but want to get into more larger blocks and commercial stuff.

There is i guess a great number of models to select from including cutting widths also to get one with catching ability or not.

What about the maintenance on the equipment and what pitfuls should i look out for when buying.

Brian

Rod
25-09-2004, 08:42 AM
Brian,

ZTR's dig holes and take divots especially when any moisture ie" rain or irrigation. I use a ZTr on almost all our domestic jobs you do learn to be careful when "chucking a donut" as it were to do it slowly if the circumstances warrant.

As for pitfalls, seem to cost a lot to service all the usual issues. I suppose all ride ons are never cheap to maintain.

I have only had one complaint for using a ride on.

Tonyr
25-09-2004, 01:10 PM
I haven't had any complaints yet....

If ya chuck a "donut or wheely" being a machine that has 2 independant hydro pumps one for each drive wheel, then you can tear up grass, obvious.

you can mow in laps, go one way turn come back along previous cut without a worry if you are careful and take it steady.

It depends a lot on the grass....

If you are starting out I suggest 3 point turns, still faster than a garden tractor type but no damage is done.

Maintenance....every 50 hours I chuck in fresh engine oil....big deal.

I have a 2 stage air filter system, checked weekly, get over 100 hours easy out of an $80 filter. I also have a Donalson pre cleaner , best $60 I spent!

General maintenance is greasing every 25 hours, and blade maintenance, and overall visual checks for wear, blade wear, belt wear etc.

I weekly spray wd40 over every rustable thing, every bolt, linkages etc just to keep things as new.

Check tire pressures every couple of weeks...

not much more to it really....just common sense, ZTR's are not expensive to maintain, at least not my Toro anyway, and only takes 10 mins a week....

But as ya know not all Z's are made for the same work, e.g the Walker is for finer manicured and smaller areas and wear grass collection is desired, very popular on small to med lawns.
good machines, can be costly when aged....but like all, keep in good nick a great mower for their designed use.

Midmounts like scags, danes, and toro's like mine are for rougher work, but can leave as good of a cut as a walker, but don't come standard with catcher, more suited for lawns 1 acre up where covering a large area fast with a neat cut is desired.
They are also built to handle impacts, while walkers etc with timed gearbox decks have overlapping blades side by side and use shear pins, hit something, you get blade damage as they hit each other. Also you can damage gearboxes, my toro has a belt drive system, blades are offset but cut overlaps so no blades can hit each other, and the belt drive can absorb impacts, cheaper to replace a belt than gearbox.

But these midmounts are not as good as walkers in tight, manicured areas, front decks float better that hanging midmounts, walkers are called fuinish mowers, midmounts, commercial general purpose.

As far as which is the best mower out there....we all know the answer, check my sig. file LOL!

Feel free to bring beer and come up and you can play on a real mower, no probs!

Alex Callaghan
25-09-2004, 01:18 PM
It's an operator issue if a Z is making divots in a lawn!
Making sure both wheels are turning in sink and the machine is not pivoting on a stationary wheel is the key.
If it's wet..........do a three point turn.

I never leave divots unless its a crap lawn and I/ client dosn't care or I'm doing a steep gutter or somthing.

Zero Turn Radius is right Brian.

ZTR's are very easy to service you'r self.
If you know how to change...Oil+filtter, Bleed hydrulic lines and RnR filtter, attach a grease gun to nipples and pump grease in, change an air filtter and use you'r eyes to look over the machine it won't cost much at all.
All pretty striaght forward stuff but it can be time consuming

How big are the propertys that you already have that you'll be thinking about using it on?

mojo111
25-09-2004, 01:42 PM
I know this is a dumb question but what is a ZTR? I assume it means Zero Turn Radius but :i dunno:.

I have interest in getting a ride on as i can see enough benefit in getting one mainly to increase my output and to be a bit more refreshed at the end of the day.

Do owners complain about using a ride on on there lawn? I know i took over a property where the other person used a ride on ..... dug holes everywhere with it. I'm guessing a bad operator.

The questions is now which one........... EASY tony :laughing: i know the TORO is there and from all account so is the Great Dane and Walker are there any others.

I will be mostly doing domestic work but want to get into more larger blocks and commercial stuff.

There is i guess a great number of models to select from including cutting widths also to get one with catching ability or not.

What about the maintenance on the equipment and what pitfalls should i look out for when buying.

Brian

1--- ZTR. stands for zero turn radius ;)

2---Definite increase in out put of work and not so whacked at the end of the day ;)

3---- can't please everyone all the time :confused:

4----Size of machine and cut good question??
For me the 40'' cut suits well for domestic and acreage.
Nimdel enough for tight lawns and fast enough for acreage
I can get 5 acres of lawn cut in 2.5 hours not bad for its size ;)

5---As others have said maintenance is no sweat if ya do it on regular intervals

Rod
25-09-2004, 01:43 PM
Thanks Alex,

"Operator issue leaving divots." Sound like I need to take the "nitrous oxide" tank off the Toro. I was getting a real rush with zero to 100 in eight seconds. I could do a 800m2 in around 60 seconds Ha Ha :laughing:

Like all good operators you look over the side on the first turn to make an assessment if you suspect a potential problem.

Your right, if you start to to "churn when you turn" then you need to be careful. Does not happen a lot and your right crap lawns churn quicker.

I will post some pictures of it.

Tony,

Your two stage air filter system? I am not at all happy with my intake system on the 74701 (17hp/52" cut.) Any ideas how to modify??? I would like to improve on it?

Tonyr
25-09-2004, 02:33 PM
Hi Rod,

don't know how yours is set up....

mine has a canister, inside is a primary filter, then a paper type.
there is an outlet on top of the canister where you normally have a useless Nelson weather cover thing, I removed that and fitted the Donalson, saves lots of dust, get one!

here is a pic, the donalson fitted perfect, and like the nelson just tighten the hose clamp.

APS_QLD
25-09-2004, 09:19 PM
Well I had a look at a Toro today ........ one must bare in mind most of my lawns are domestic 700 - 800 but want to get into commercial stuff real estates etc.

While it maybe a baby to most i feel either the Z Master 14 hp 38 or 16 hp 42" cut will do the trick at this stage, priced around $6300 - $7000 or the 18hp 44 at $8500. All with catchers and all were easy to slip off to allow open cutting.

The two smaller versions are more suited to the domestic market as they will fit through most gates, well at least the 38 will.

As for the maintenance I expected as most of you have indicated a regular check over and oil and filters, i do that now with my push mowers, so guess will simply take a little longer.

I want a mower that will do the job but be fair on maintenance as a long term thing.

I have considered the walker however there are to many people complaining about the problems and costs in maintenance issues at at fairly low hour rates.

The fun is yet to start :laughing:

I may just take you up on that Tony, We will be hoping to get away for a few days covering the weekend of the 9/10 Oct.

Brian

mojo111
25-09-2004, 11:59 PM
Well I had a look at a Toro today ........ one must bare in mind most of my lawns are domestic 700 - 800 but want to get into commercial stuff real estates etc.

While it maybe a baby to most i feel either the Z Master 14 hp 38 or 16 hp 42" cut will do the trick at this stage, priced around $6300 - $7000 or the 18hp 44 at $8500. All with catchers and all were easy to slip off to allow open cutting.

The two smaller versions are more suited to the domestic market as they will fit through most gates, well at least the 38 will.

As for the maintenance I expected as most of you have indicated a regular check over and oil and filters, i do that now with my push mowers, so guess will simply take a little longer.

I want a mower that will do the job but be fair on maintenance as a long term thing.

I have considered the walker however there are to many people complaining about the problems and costs in maintenance issues at at fairly low hour rates.

The fun is yet to start :laughing:

I may just take you up on that Tony, We will be hoping to get away for a few days covering the weekend of the 9/10 Oct.

Brian

Brian are you looking at the toro timecutters???

I looked at them before I bought the Ariens but thought the had to much plastic on em.
By that I mean the mulch baffles underneath.
It didn't preform as good as the Ariens either .The Ariens had a better cut and was faster. If ya want to come up sometime and take it for a run just to compeer to others just say when.
I've got 2.5 acres to run on
cheers!

Sorry tony not tryin to nock your toro----- its just the timecutters are a bit sad :( for what we do.

Alex Callaghan
26-09-2004, 01:58 AM
From what you've said in the last post Brian, I would seriously be looking at a Scag Cougar.

Bearing in mind that you don't want complaints from you'r already regular clientel and that your props are smallish and you need to bag but would like to move up to some larger comercial stuff I really think a Cougar could provide you with waht ya need and more.

I'd have to say that the Cougar is the best built and most versitile purpose built bagging mower on the market IMO.

The fact that you can bag into a hopper as large or larger than a walker, mulch and side discharge with the one deck and the build as far as frame, deck drive is as close to or as good as a true ZTR is a real asset IMO. And they will cut and bag as well as a Walker too.

If you demo and have a good look at one you will see what I mean.

Pain in the Grass
26-09-2004, 08:01 AM
Hi ...re the sgag cougars..any ideas on how much you'd pay for a 42" model????? :i dunno:

APS_QLD
26-09-2004, 09:22 AM
Yes i was looking at the "toro time cutters" as this dealership was close by.

I have located an Areins dealer but cannot find a Scags dealer in Brisbane any one know one?

I will be looking at a number of things and i guess i should list them and score each mower on that. I must have the ability to catch grass.

My list,
Realiability, Ease of operation, How good is the cut, Cost, ease of maintenance, Cost of replacement parts (air filters, belts etc general basic stuff) Catcher capacity and ease of emptying, Dealership location, warranty, running costs, Servicing costs by dealer, Back up, Weight and Noise level.

I will say the Toro was noisy and as i said to the dealer going to need a VERY good set of ear muffs if on this all day of course with the motor behind you noise will be an issue on all i dare say.

The above is only a few things i want to be looking at, they are not in any order of importance if you can thing of others please add or place in order of importance.

Brian

Viceroy
26-09-2004, 10:51 AM
Check this link out,
http://www.trakhonda.com.au/products/index.cfm?fuseaction=product&cat=31

Alex Callaghan
26-09-2004, 12:02 PM
Cougar 42", 25HP

Weighs (kg) 584

$22,876.00 (as quoted on the link in viceroys post)

http://www.scag.com/cougar.html

Theres a Second hand Cougar for sale on the Indy for sale page I think. I think it might be the 52" 27HP model 15 months old?

Go and Demo one Brian.

mick
26-09-2004, 12:03 PM
If you want a small Z then check out the little Fastrac Super Z or what ever its called. I know they had a few problems with them but they should be sorted out by now.

Tonyr
26-09-2004, 12:56 PM
Brian are you looking at the toro timecutters???

I looked at them before I bought the Ariens but thought the had to much plastic on em.
By that I mean the mulch baffles underneath.
It didn't preform as good as the Ariens either .The Ariens had a better cut and was faster. If ya want to come up sometime and take it for a run just to compeer to others just say when.
I've got 2.5 acres to run on
cheers!

Sorry tony not tryin to nock your toro----- its just the timecutters are a bit sad :( for what we do.

LOL Phil, no worries, I'm certainly no fan of time cutter/waster things either! The new Z450 range which I don't know anything about would be worth a look, better decks...smaller and cheaper than my thing.

Brian, you are welcome....bring beer! LOL!

mojo111
26-09-2004, 01:02 PM

I have located an Areins dealer but cannot find a Scags dealer in Brisbane any one know one?

I will be looking at a number of things and i guess i should list them and score each mower on that. I must have the ability to catch grass.

My list,
Reliability, Ease of operation, How good is the cut, Cost, ease of maintenance, Cost of replacement parts (air filters, belts etc general basic stuff) Catcher capacity and ease of emptying, Dealership location, warranty, running costs, Servicing costs by dealer, Back up, Weight and Noise level. nead to bag

I will say the Toro was noisy and as i said to the dealer going to need a VERY good set of ear muffs if on this all day of course with the motor behind you noise will be an issue on all i dare say.

The above is only a few things i want to be looking at, they are not in any order of importance if you can thing of others please add or place in order of importance.

Brian

Brian do you really need to bag?? because if most of your properties are only
700 / 800 sq then why not mulch?? with the right set up it can look like it was baged. Some people are skeptical they ask me does it bag?. No don't need to it I'll mulch up to 6'' nicely. and the proof is there when the job is done. It makes for a more compact unit as well. no big catcher on the back, blower attachment on the side it all takes up room plus extra weight and load on the motor. heaver machine to compress ground, especially if its wet and a full load of grass, that you have to still get rid of .

$14000 / $22000 to bag grass???

$.8000 / 10000 not to bag grass??

all on domestic with a possibility of commercial??

know what I would chose ;)

Tonyr
26-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Good advice Mick, the Fastracks should be good for Brians needs!

Scag Couger....Not trying to dump on Scag likers, I researched them a bit on Lawnsite awhile ago....most feedback wasn't great, top 2 front mounts for finish mowing were Walker and Toro Z355, but walker was the clear winner, couger most solid but had issues.
but ya can onlt demo...our industry is very different to the yanks.

Brian, don't get anything bigger than a 48'' at most mate, bigger ain't always bigger, but a 36'' could defiet the purpose lol...fine line eh LOL!

Cerainly don't get a brute like mine!

Did you say you needed to collect grass or can you mulch instead, this question quicky narrows the field.

Alex Callaghan
26-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Scag Couger....Not trying to dump on Scag likers, I researched them a bit on Lawnsite awhile ago....most feedback wasn't great, top 2 front mounts for finish mowing were Walker and Toro Z355, but walker was the clear winner, couger most solid but had issues.

Yeh........Well mate there are hardley any people that own Cougars on LS and Heaps of guys there run walkers.

I demod a cougar a while back Tony if you can remeber and I thought it was great but I didn't need to bag.
I gave a full run down on it in a thread in LS

There a sevral big lawn and l/scape mobs down in Sydney that run alot of Cougars for Domestic and when I lived down there thats just about the only machine that I saw mowing the big 5 acre comercial office blocks like Microsoft and other big corps with acres of manicured lawn.
I often spoke to these contractors and know one of the mangers for these companys well and they all loved them apart from the odd break down thats true to any mower.

So Tony mate .....I soo think you'r wrong with ya comparo. You should know that someone that has accounts that are mowed with a 21'' will get complaints if they start putting a Z on the lawn. And the best compromise would be a purpose built bagger. Even if ya bagging on a Z ya havent got much bag capacity compared to the purpose builts and ya gota get out of the seat every time ya dump and they arn't designed for replacing a 21'' where as a purpose built bagger is the closest thing you'r gunna get to a 21'' that you can ride. I'll Agree to disagree though just my opinion mate.

Brian,
Mate.....I can garentee you that you'r not going to get the same finish as a 21'' if you'r going to a ridder no matter what you get but the the machines that would get you as close as possible to that standard would be either a Walker or a Cougar.

I you want to speak to a bloke that runs more than 10 or so PM me and I'll give you his phone # and I'm sure he will answer you'r questions.

If you have the money mate go and demo and if you want get the phone# off me. I'm not trying to push this onya! I would just really like to see you demo if its in ya price range and demo a Z with a bagger too. Then YOU can make the educated decision at the end of the day. Try mulching on ya lawn that you've been mowing with a 21'' as well :rolleyes:
See wich mower provides the closest standard of work to what you gave your existing clients with a 21''.
The fact is that if you can afford it a Cougar, Walker or even a Hustler is gunna be a far better machine in the long haul in all aspects than a Time Cutter or a Airens.

Just my opinion.

APS_QLD
26-09-2004, 03:40 PM
I was assuming i needed to bag the grass however it sounds likely I could get away with a mulshing kit.

I have full intentions on trying them, spending a few $000 I will be test driving them not just going to listen to a salesman.

Maybe i gotta visit a few people with beer :laughing: and check em out. Thansk to all whom have offered me a test on thier respective machines, if possible i will try and organise a visit.

It maybe well worth me going to the show in melbourne where i'm sure most will be on display.

Is it the blade set up (2 blade - 3 blade) on the machines that is making some cut better lawns? or the why the particular machine is
set up?

I have not looked at a walker because i have heard it has problems and it appears is a lot more expensive to purchase.

Does anyone know of a scags dealer in Brisbane?

Brian

APS_QLD
26-09-2004, 03:46 PM
Tony

I was only looking at a 38" as i felt that would get through most gates I would like to get a 42" as a min. But i do need to consider access issues to places.

Fun and games a plenty.

Brian

Tonyr
26-09-2004, 03:49 PM
So Tony mate .....I soo think you'r wrong with ya comparo. You should know that someone that has accounts that are mowed with a 21'' will get complaints if they start putting a Z on the lawn. And the best compromise would be a purpose built bagger. Even if ya bagging on a Z ya havent got much bag capacity compared to the purpose builts and ya gota get out of the seat every time ya dump and they arn't designed for replacing a 21'' where as a purpose built bagger is the closest thing you'r gunna get to a 21'' that you can ride. I'll Agree to disagree though just my opinion mate.

=========

WTF!!??

Did I give a comparo??

I was trying to give sound advice, ie demo, find the right machine for the job, I asked whether he needed to bag or mulch, question still ain't answered.

If he doesn't need to bag but can mulch, why buy a bloody dedicated or primary designed machine like walker or toro or couger??

If he is going to be doing and bigger stuff which I had the feeling he wanted to (maybe I'm mixed up) than I'd go for a midmount.

I have owned 2 front finish mowers and 1 midmount, though my work capacity is not as large as yours, I feel my view is worth at least something, midmounts in med plus jobs profit more and easier to maintain.

I know nothing about cougers, never said i did, never gave a comparo, and i said where i read posts by users, i wasn't giving bad advice, and i'm sure you have read threads on users saying how the couger was not as good as walker as a bagger, but their 3? way deck was good generally.

They are apparently bigger, heavier than a walker, and finish mowing in confined areas, lighter is better...imo.

Mate you can rip me a new ass and think my points/views are crap, but i remember you demoeing a toro like mine early this year and ya said is was a piece of **** and couldn't cut long grass etc, yet i know this thing is one of the most capable mowers on the market, all i'm saying is we can only ive our opinions, every operator is different, but i thought my reply to Brian was sound, I was only trying to be honest and even non bias.

But, like we all agree on, mowers aren't designed to be great at everything, never said mine was in serious talk, but i'm stuffed if i know why ya having a shot a me, you obviously know more about cougers, great. I couldn't tell him what to look at until he explained more about his exact needs.

but if ya reckon couger is the best alrounder, and toros are ****, you are welcome to your opinion....

======

Good advice Mick, the Fastracks should be good for Brians needs!

Brian, don't get anything bigger than a 48'' at most mate, bigger ain't always bigger, but a 36'' could defiet the purpose lol...fine line eh LOL!

Cerainly don't get a brute like mine!

Did you say you needed to collect grass or can you mulch instead, this question quicky narrows the field.

=======

What the hell did I say wrong??

There is no comparo, I read lots of posts over 12 months on lawnsite, I did not make this **** up, and I mentioned toro z355 because many yanks love the NEW models, and most ZTR's on the sunschine coast are Z355's, Quote from "Big Mower" at Beerwah, huge dealer. And I have seen it with my own eyes, haven't seen a couger yet! Then we wacko queenslanders wouldn't know **** about mowing would we! Or it seems me anyway....

No I'm not trying to start anything with ya, just having some fun with your post, you made interesting points about Your comparos in the past...I don't mind people dishing on me mate, as long as they can accept the same back, LOL.

Tonyr
26-09-2004, 03:56 PM
Is it the blade set up (2 blade - 3 blade) on the machines that is making some cut better lawns? or the why the particular machine is
set up?

=======

I don't think it makes a difference, 2 blades timed like walker are designed to throw clippings out the rear through a chute, blades spin opp. directions, break a shear pin can damage blades.
3 blades are for side discharging, the bagger chute fits on side to catch grass than a fan blows it up chute into bagger.

That's all I can say that I know for a back, best check with my ol' mate for better advice.

You are still welcome to come up to see what these things are all about, but mine is a 60'' deck, and will be very different to a smaller one, and mine does not bag.

sorry I can't help ya more....

Alex Callaghan
26-09-2004, 04:44 PM
"My list,
Realiability, Ease of operation, How good is the cut, Cost, ease of maintenance, Cost of replacement parts (air filters, belts etc general basic stuff) Catcher capacity and ease of emptying, Dealership location, warranty, running costs, Servicing costs by dealer, Back up, Weight and Noise level."

Too me this means he wants a mower that catches and I reackon the deditcated baggers are better at this and the fact that that the Cougar has the 3 in one deck would also be great with medium comercial stuff but I spose the million dollar Lawn L/scape companys in Sydney that I've spoken to about them when I used to live there that use these mowers on large 5 acre comercials anyware down to smaller domestics don't know what the're doing!
Mabey thats you'r new job mate...............Going and telling people with 40 years experiance what mowers go well where :i dunno:

I didn't say to Brian at anystage that I reakon a midmount would be crap for him but from reading his posts carfully witch is obiouse that you didn't seeming you missed the Bold and underlined section in the qoute either that or I don't understand what he's saying? ^ I though that he should try a cougar. But you bagged them the first chance you got and said Walker was the clear winner.

Ya say in words that the Cougar isn't a good mower cause ya heard some disgrunteled yanks having go at it.
Their grass variatys and height they cut em at etc etc etc might have somthing to do with it or mabey they are just moreons like me for not liking the way the Toro cut in long grass when I demod and I'll also add that from looking at you'r pics of long grass you've cut the Toro dose a very good job.................... But mate.................Your cutting mainly green panic, couch and other rye type grasses up in that climate? Am I right?
What I cut mainly is Buffalow and it has a very different way of growing when it gets long. It gets to a certain hight and then just starts growing into it's self and becomes very very thick.
The dane is completly baffeless so the deck volume and is bigger.
And thats what worked for me in Buffalow but agian WTF would I know..............Your Toro is the best and anything else is inferior compared to any other mower.
Thats the way you make it sound with the way you go on about it mate!

You pretty much told Brian that the Cougar is a heap. No education on it what so ever apart from some yanks horror storys ( BTW I think you'll find that there are always people that aint happy with their mower no matter what it is.........Even a MIGHTY TORO mate)

Just heaved me a little Tony.

I fell like you were patrinising me and making out like........"Nah don't listen to Alex.....WTF would he know........I heard from some yanks that they have had problems with Cougars"
and Mick suggests a Mid-mount and it's "Good advise Mick" like my opinion on the Cougar dosn't mean D!ck cause you read on lawn site that some people were having issues.

I would imagine there are thousands of happy Cougar owners and as I said I've spoken to some Aussie LCOs that think they are great. Just like I'm sure there are people that really don't like em and thats true to any mower.

mojo111
26-09-2004, 06:05 PM
I was assuming i needed to bag the grass however it sounds likely I could get away with a mulching kit.

I have full intentions on trying them, spending a few $000 I will be test driving them not just going to listen to a salesman.

Maybe i gotta visit a few people with beer :laughing: and check em out. Thanks to all whom have offered me a test on their respective machines, if possible i will try and organize a visit.

It maybe well worth me going to the show in Melbourne where I'm sure most will be on display.

set up?

I have not looked at a walker because i have heard it has problems and it appears is a lot more expensive to purchase.

Does anyone know of a scags dealer in Brisbane?

Brian

Me personally I prefer the 3 blades. Seem to do a better finish. I believe my Z cuts better than a 21'' and my clients love it, gives it a flatter more even cut

Brian The only scag dealer I know of is up here. At the Caloundra Mower Centre 134 Bulcock st ph 54911055 . Don't no about brizie :i dunno: The smallest deck they have in the 3 way is a 42'' . Looking at your posts I think it might be a bit big in overall size for the work you do. ( and expensive )The cougar is longer and heaver than the average ZTR. Anyway Give Caloundra a bell they might no of another dealer near you.
cheers.

Tonyr
26-09-2004, 06:46 PM
Alex,

you make very good points, for which I stand corrected, I did not know or bother to research this thread before finding whether catching was a must.

I do not mean to patronise you generally, but I do admit I did bait you because I felt like you were patronising me lol.

I am no expert, I often say that, my toro is not the best thing for all jobs, we all know that, I only in fun go around saying how great it is etc, like you and russ do about your mowers, i thought that was our humour that we've carried for a long time.

I thought Brian wanted a small ride on, I suggested walker as they come with small decks, toro z355 48'', I did not know the couger came this small or would be suitable for smaller props.

But as you say, and you are right, the big guys who actually know their stuff are the ones to listen to, makes sense.

Just because you mentioned couger is not why i dissagreed, nothing about you, it is about the mower, which i admit i know nothing about, i didn't mean to dump it, just passing on what i read, but as i have owned a walker, toro front, and midmount, for smaller props i thought from my trivial experience i could say with some accuracy that a front mount mower with dedicated bagger is a true rotary finish mower, a midmount is more general purpose.

That was the point i was trying to make and the fact that to date i have not seen or heard or met etc anyone who owns/owned a couger.

If my sense of humour about my toro ofends you, i'm sorry, if I can't post pics or joke around about it, what is the point of me being here....or are ya saying i should take my heap of **** toro and fuc.k right off because i'm some stupid misinformed idiot with a crap mower?

For fck.s sake if yas all are so ticked at me and my stupid posts, line up and put in in type, and i'll be happy to get outa ya hair for good.

I thought we were all mates here, say our opinions, right or wrong, and have some fun, glad i got into this thread, i know where i stand now....should paint me ****box toro yellow.

I am very sorry for not researching my facts Alex, but i never said i was any guru or expert, everyone knows that, just a dill with a ride on....i dare not dissagree with you or anyone here again, you guys are all experts, i know nothing.

Alex Callaghan
26-09-2004, 07:20 PM
No mate.

As far as I can tell ya didn't dissagree with me Tony.
Ya posted about how some guys in the states on the Lawn Site forum didn't like that mower.

I'll tell ya what mate............I reackon I can find lots of bad words about evrey mower that was ever made on Lawn Site if I spend some time searching. When people ask about a certain mower here, I can say.....I don't want to bag the people that like XXXXX mowers but there are blokes up in the US that don't like them and cause of that these other ZZZZZ mowers are the winners.
Just don't think it's right pumping out second hand yankee rubish to a bloke whos mowing in Aus that needs as many different opinions as posible to make a short list.

""""I thought we were all mates here, say our opinions, right or wrong, and have some fun, glad i got into this thread, i know where i stand now....should paint me ****box toro yellow."""""

I neaver said "I'm not ya mate anymore" Tony. No need to get childish about this. I thought It was more of a heated argument between two mates but you obiously took it as a.........." Get F#cked matey ya mowers ****" kinda thing but I never siad that mate.
Didn't mean to convey that either.

"""""For fck.s sake if yas all are so ticked at me and my stupid posts, line up and put in in type, and i'll be happy to get outa ya hair for good."""""

What are ya talin bout mate?

I went below the belt and chucked in
"Your Toro is the best and anything else is inferior compared to any other mower.
Thats the way you make it sound with the way you go on about it mate!"

No body else said anything to that effect mate.
I was having a dig mate.
Giving ya abit of a serve.

In the original post by me I said I thought you were wrong and I disagreed with ya. and went as far to say that I'll just agree to diagree.
Then mabey ya couldn't handel that and came in with a big long winded post saying you thought I was trying to rip ya a new asshole.
If ya reakon I was trying to rip ya a new poopa mate you were very wrong and you'r idea of an aggresive post is very different to mine.
I've had people "rip me new bungoles" in the past mate and can tell you it was alot worse than "I reakon ya soo wrong and I will just agree to disagree" . Much worse.

No hard felling me ol mate (ya smart ass lol) Just a misunderstanding.

Alex Callaghan
26-09-2004, 07:49 PM
Tony,

Also......as far as me giving you an idea of what I thought of the Toro demo ages ago. I think you'll find I said that I liked evrything about it apart from how it went in the long grass we have here and the fact that it didn't shoot the clippings as far.Buffalow holds alot of water compared to couch and rye grass, green panick etc. Its very very fleshy grass and along with it growth habbits I think that had alot to do with my opinion.
The way it mulched was tops and I said that and the only complaint I had about it was the long grass thing.

I never said it was a heap ya whacka!!

I don't mulch and I needed a mower that was going to preform in my conditions.

Dunno how ya came up with thinking I said it was crap?!

Tonyr
26-09-2004, 08:03 PM
You are right I did jump back childish, ya hit a nerve and I'm only human.

The points yopu quoted is exactly how I took your comments, obviously I'm just being a silly prick tonight! :)

Quote: Thats the way you make it sound with the way you go on about it mate!"

Mate, I'm sorry, but I have not told one lie or anything and have supplied pics, what I say about this mower is the truth, I am obviously Bias, only human, a lot of the stuff I say here about this mower is meant to be Humour, when I'm asked serious questions I try to give accurate as possible answers.

You promote Dane, Russ promotes his Scags, Mick loves his Deere's, what is wrong with what I do??

This avatar, was done for me, not asked for, my sig line is a bloody joke, and as far as me believing it is one of the best midmounts on the market, sorry Alex, this is my personal opinion and that's what people know I give.

The humour has always been how we rubbish each others mowers, so, question is what do you want me to do as ya don't like me "going on about it?"

I remember a whole thread recently about ya Dane....

OK, I'm happy to end this, but you have an issue about me carrying on about my mower, please suggest what I should do to keep harmony here.

Of course, if I can't go on about Toro, you other blokes can't talk, joke, carry on etc about yours.

Ya reckon I'm childesh.....I was, but am I the only one here taking things to extreme?

Mate, I like you, I enjoy your posts, you have a lot of knowledge in this industry, lets move on....but if yas don't like the way i carry on about my mower which is meant to be humour or honest advice then not much point me being here.

let me know guys.

mick
26-09-2004, 08:03 PM
Just shut the hell up the pair of ya's! We all know that "MY" JD X595 4x4 24hp Diesel 54" deck machine is the best in the world for everything bar none. haaaaa Gee's sounds like you lot had too much to drink this morning! haa
Oh, and all other mowers suck sh!t! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :i dunno:

I cant remember what sort of grounds he want to mow but does it really matter anyway? The best mower in the world is the one thats right for you at any given time.

I just cut and pasted some of the things he needed to do.......
---------------------------------------------------------------

What about the maintenance on the equipment and what pitfuls should i look out for when buying.

my lawns are domestic 700 - 800 but want to get into commercial stuff real estates etc.

Brian
-----------------------------------------------------------

To me it sounds like an all rounder is whats needed. I reckon a med size ZTR with a small deck and a catcher is the go! Catchers are easy to put on and take off! I'm not sure about mulching etc. The Scag Cougar sound the go if you wanted to do all three with out much effort but the look at how much he wants to spend....around $7000! The closest to that in a true commercial is the Hustler Fasttrac and there about $10k and I'm not sure if thats or without the catcher.
Lets put this back in prospective.... Under $10k! Now what are the options!

Ohhhh, enough of this, The Cowboys lost and I'm not happy!

Tonyr
26-09-2004, 08:46 PM
Well all I can say to all of the Wallies, Plonkas, and Wackas who frequent this thread is,

=====

TORO's are better than Danes, Deere's & Scag's etc, and Tony has a mighty 80 series Cruiser!

=====

There......feel better now! LOL! :laughing: :laughing: ;frosty;

APS_QLD
26-09-2004, 10:00 PM
Bloody hell what did i start :laughing: I appreciate all the comments and i guess i am at a disadvantage of never having tried a ride on before. So i guess i tossed out a very broard open question. I have been invited to test drive a few and as i said before i hope to take people up on that.

I have just seen on this site people talking about there respective ride on's Scags, Ariens, Toro's etc etc and figured this was the way to go for what i was looking at. I in all honesty cannot Justify at stuff much over $10,000, not at this stage anyway if down the track i get a lot more work for a ride on I can then look at getting something bigger.

Everyone has there own respective reasons for selecting thier mowers and that can come down to thier particular area, size of yards and there own comfort requirements plus many other considerations.

I agree all mowers are not suited for all applications. Tony's is designed for big properties and looks to produce the goods at that but is useless as tits on a bull if I got to get through a .9 - 1.2 metre gate. But Toro as with a number of mowers suggested produce some great equipment and built well. I am looking at mowers the same way I looked at my power tools before I buy them, I ask "What are the tradesman using and why".

So i asked the same here basiclly what is everyone using and why.

This allows me to gather as mush information as i can and check all brands suggested, short list to my requirement. Then go test driving at the dealers places. Hopefully i will have had a beer with a few of you first after mowing a bit of grass and seeing what your machines can do :)

I know this may sound strange but in all my time in brisbane i have yet to see a mowing contractor "mowing" with a ride on. This is not including the big council tractors. Strange but true. So really i don't even know what the cut is like.

I have a big learning curve from a pushie to a ride on. So all the advise is MOST welcomed.

Brian

GregG
26-09-2004, 10:05 PM

Brian
G'day
In the Groundsman Magazine International Mowers ( the importers ) have 2 ex-demo scag cougar's 25/42 or 25/48 for sale from $16,808 inc GST with new warranty Phone 03 9799 9511. They will ship to you, I think to Maitland NSW was around $200. They have had them for a while so screw em for a deal, from what I remember they sais that if you have no scag dealer local ring them and they will authorize warranty work.

Stuie
26-09-2004, 10:18 PM
I get a mailing thru Walker i think that has second hand mowers in it if your interested i will dig it out.
STUART

Stuie
26-09-2004, 10:40 PM
heres what they have for sale 1800250258 manetek

Stuie
26-09-2004, 10:44 PM
Sorry the scans so big............ :mad:

mojo111
26-09-2004, 10:54 PM
I know this may sound strange but in all my time in Brisbane i have yet to see a mowing contractor "mowing" with a ride on. This is not including the big council tractors. Strange but true. So really i don't even know what the cut is like.

I have a big learning curve from a pushie to a ride on. So all the advise is MOST welcomed.

Brian[/QUOTE]

So true here as well Brian. I've been mowin on the coast for 4 years and there are few that use a ride on for domestic. One or two have Walkers and the odd scag. Sure their are more with ride on tractors
and rear engine riders but they do more ruff stuff, not suited for domestic. Alot of the council work is subed out to operators with ZTRs and the council here have more John Deere out front mowers so different applications for different machines.

When I whent from pushie to ZTR it only took a day to get the hang of it enough to have a go on some poor unsuspecting clients lawn and cut it like id been using a Z for years, I've had no complaints so far just questions on were does the grass go ( DUH )

So far I'm the only contractor using a mid mount ZTR on the sunny coast for domestic lawns ( that i know of ) I don't see any one else hauling one on there trailer.

I just wish I new then what I know now. When I first started I would have bought a ZTR back then FOR SURE!
Its soooo much easyer and faster and does a peeerrrrfect cut, it amazes me every time I use it at the difference it makes and how much better it is than the pushie.

Once you get use to one theres no turning back :laughing: cheers

Tonyr
26-09-2004, 11:47 PM
I would suggest getting the mag called "groundsman" if you need contact details let me know, it's a mag full of 2nd hand mowers and gear.

well worth having for pricing research.

Like I said somewhere earlier, Beerwah has a big toro dealership, there are bloody heaps of toro z355's around the coast, these are a bagger/mulch mower like walker only better, many contractors down there have these, seen lots myself.

The front decks float therefore supposingly giving a more contoured cut, deck is lighter, less chance of scalping or deck gouges, downside is more moving parts and not suitable to "paddock" mowing which I personally believe can be lucrative.

But like said, a mower like mine is not for ressie lawns, especially when gates are an issue. (unless I get a big run up LOL)

10,000 limit gives you toro time cutters, even with catcher, not bad entry model thing, new 400 series toros out, dunno anything about them except better deck than time cutter, heard it is turbo force?
Price of ??

comes to a point....what percentage of your clients have gates under 48''?

you can get a 42'' walker, but light duty machines...

toro time cutters....

check out the scag couger....i've recently heard they are great. :)

I personally would buy a 48''er and use it where ya can, then at least you can replace the small gate jobs with bigger jobs??

If you did not have to bag all of the time, but thought about more general ride on work maybe a midmount with attachable catcher is worth a thought? then you can catch, mulch, side discharge, where a walker is primarily designed to catch unless you buy other decks. Or spray the clippings out of the rear of the catcher....

i'm not trying to be a smartarse here, but if you want a cheap, and very narrow rider that can catch and mulch there are these little green things out now called 'lawn bugs' a little ride on for home owners, certainly not for anything other than getting into yards with narrow gates, saves walking, but these sure aren't fast or commercial, but a way of saving ya legs...only a thought, cheap too.
(watch me get a rev over that suggestion!)

I'd still talk to Chris Adams at Hustler in Brissy, let him know exactly what your jobs are and see what he can do for you.

just call some dealers of different brands, might be surprised what you can find out.

sorry this thread went to crap mate, largly my fault, i appologise mate, my intentions were good, i just messed up my points and stuff went down the gurgler, i pretty much have come to my limit of knowledge now with advice/comments, didn't take long eh lol

I will bow out now and let the guys with more experience jump in and guide/assist you.

I'd suggest asking over at lawnsite too...

if ya need to contact me you know how.

don't forget the groundsman mag, top mag!

Pain in the Grass
27-09-2004, 06:51 AM
Hi all.After reading these posts I did some of my own research....

Checked out Sgag Cougars, Walkers etc etc...Like Brian I am still wondering whether to take the plunge and buy a ZTR. Again like Brian, I only do mainly domestic with some commercials.....

I certainly cant justify spending $20,000 or more for aWalker or Scag....dont think I'd make the money back any time soon.....

However, from what I could see, the Hustler Mini Z's, Super Mini Z's and Fastraks seem a pretty good option...I noticed the U.S prices range from around the $4,000.00 mark for the Fastraks to about $7500.00 for the Mini and Super Mini Z's...These have decks that side discharge and mulch and have catchers available as an option.

They sound as if their fairly heavy duty....I note you guys thought there had been a problem with them...Apparently earlier models had been recalled in the States to repair a problem with the fuel line being too close to something on the engine which may have caused the line to break (or something like that)

They dont seem like a bad proposition and entry level Ztr...I think I'd rather pay that sort of money to start with rather than the big bucks or even spending less on a 2nd hand mower with heaps of hrs.

Anyway just a thought.

Also,,,I noticed most if not all ZTR's will only cut as low as an inch and a half.....Hell a lot of my clients expect the lawn as short as possible (half inch or more :laughing: ) so they dont have to get it cut so often....So how the heck can you use ZTR's on those type of lawns (buffalo mainly)??????

Cheers :rolleyes:

APS_QLD
27-09-2004, 07:11 AM
I will contact Hustler and see what they can supply, thanks Tony. Pain in the grass i had not considered the cut height as you i have clients that want me to cut the grass so short it gives ants a crew cut. :sad:

Then again it maybe worth selling these cleints off or passing on to someone else.

A big run up Tony " I'd like to see that" :laughing:

I have lots to sort out and plan to take the step to ZTRs i will have to adjust my business plan and pricing.

Least of all i have a lot of machines to look at and give consideration to. I must check out the mulshing machines if not need a catch i maybe able to go slightly bigger in machine.

More fun times

Brian

Tonyr
27-09-2004, 07:37 AM
imho, clients who require super low cuts, i.e under 1.5 or 1'' may not be suitable for Z's on their props, they are heavier etc than a 21''er, not as 'soft' on turf you could say in these fine conditions, i think walker goes down to 1'' off memory, but personally i don't believe Z's were made for cutting this low, also with Z's, and their huge under deck vacumn etc, cutting low only sucks up dust, sand etc and wears the crap outa everything fast, blades for Z's ain't cheap.

If in doubt, don't buy....but having a good Z opens up a lot more opportunities, catch 22 again.

I personally would not buy another dedicated bagger mower, I love the industrous mid mounts, more versatile, and if ya want you can add a catcher....not using extra parts to run blowers when not needed.

Why I bought the toro z355 was because like walker it had a front deck, and bagger bin, plus it was a great mulcher, top mower. cost around 23k, probably around 18 to 20 now....same thing as walker, timed gear box with shear pins on blade saddles, hate that.

but these are 48''ers....

the hustler products are good, they are having an issue with their super z's, but the fast tracks could be the answer for ya, good price.

like most things today, remember...you get only what you pay for, but saying that if it is light work a light ztr could be ok...good luck.

mojo111
27-09-2004, 02:56 PM
Also,,,I noticed most if not all ZTR's will only cut as low as an inch and a half.....Hell a lot of my clients expect the lawn as short as possible (half inch or more :laughing: ) so they dont have to get it cut so often....So how the heck can you use ZTR's on those type of lawns (buffalo mainly)??????

Cheers :rolleyes:[/QUOTE] pain in the grass

My ariens can go down to Half inch no problem. but most are cut at 1 inch, looks better ;)

Thing is ya have to train ya clients into what you want :laughing: :laughing: makes life easyer! :laughing: :laughing:

Tonyr
27-09-2004, 03:08 PM
In MY area I cut at 2'', bit longer gives more green leaf and helps not scalp, shaving dries the grass out, browns quicker IMO.

If lawn is manicured and irrigated etc then short is ok, but rarely are these the lawns you put a rough ass ZTR on lol.

1.75'' is lowest i've ever cut, that was with walker, job was fantastic, but with large areas cut a bit higher protects ya gear a bit more too, plus softer to walk on. then i guess different grasses and different areas all have different requirements, note, i'm talking my area not giving advice etc, only saying what i do.

I would guess the lawnies here would cut between 1 and 1.5 inches with 21'' pushies, they like to see the sand through the browing grass lol. i like a lusher looking lawn over a shaved lawn, but they love shaving em here too....

they reckon the shorter ya cut it the less times ya need to cut it :i dunno: not sure i agree.... :i dunno:

Almost forgot, Toro's Rule! ha ha ha

APS_QLD
27-09-2004, 04:17 PM
While i was in the building industry i ALWAYS bought the best i could afford and today i still have majority of my electrical and hand tools from 20 odd years ago.

So i am looking at taking this approach into buying a ride on. The question i have asked has opened up even further to a wide range of ztr's with various options i assumed all ztr's came with.

I know i NEED to get on a few to demo and see what they can do at least then i can understand what is being said about them.

The commercial stuff i am taking about mostly has footpaths and little lawn areas inside as most is carparks. The rest is gardens, hedges etc :cool: (hate hedges) but look great when finished.

Most of these a mower with cut of 38 - 48 would only take one pass or two on the foot path and not a lot more on the inside areas. Where a pushie would take at least 4 runs and more time.

So i'm not after a monster. My work covers lawns and gardens where at the moment i spend three days at least mowing If i could use a ztr i will maybe able to cut that to two and look at some commercial work to increase my output and if that works out hopefully i can increase the commercial work and decrease the domestic garden work for greater $$$ return.

Brian

patch
27-09-2004, 04:40 PM
While i was in the building industry i ALWAYS bought the best i could afford and today i still have majority of my electrical and hand tools from 20 odd years ago.

So i am looking at taking this approach into buying a ride on. The question i have asked has opened up even further to a wide range of ztr's with various options i assumed all ztr's came with.

I know i NEED to get on a few to demo and see what they can do at least then i can understand what is being said about them.

The commercial stuff i am taking about mostly has footpaths and little lawn areas inside as most is carparks. The rest is gardens, hedges etc :cool: (hate hedges) but look great when finished.

Most of these a mower with cut of 38 - 48 would only take one pass or two on the foot path and not a lot more on the inside areas. Where a pushie would take at least 4 runs and more time.

So i'm not after a monster. My work covers lawns and gardens where at the moment i spend three days at least mowing If i could use a ztr i will maybe able to cut that to two and look at some commercial work to increase my output and if that works out hopefully i can increase the commercial work and decrease the domestic garden work for greater $$$ return.

Brian
Have a look at the Husqvarna rider pro 15 I use one with a mulcher deck and a rear discharge deck they can get in to small places.

Regards Patch

mojo111
28-09-2004, 04:49 PM
Heres one for ya Brian its a Dixon 30'' under $7000 with catcher.
res model but don't know much about them. Worth a look :i dunno:

Pain in the Grass
28-09-2004, 05:40 PM
Hey all, Bought a Jim's mowijg trailer from a Jim's franchisee the other week. (He was buying a new one) Nice guy, heaps of info from him...Wish they were all like him.

anyway getting to the point...He had a Dixon ZTR in the back of his new trailer....Said he'd had it since last season and was now using it on almost all the lawns he could get it into....Swore by it he did.

No problems even though it's classed more as a residential mower...Same as the one in the pic above. Cost him around $9,000gs but they have come down somewhat to around $7.000.00 and you can even haggle over em.

Just a suggestion....... :wave-hi:

APS_QLD
28-09-2004, 06:52 PM
I will look at anything at the moment ... of course with a heap of GREAT mowers with REPs and around the same price they would want to sport a deal. Have you a contact for them?

Brian

GregG
28-09-2004, 09:04 PM
Hey all, Bought a Jim's mowijg trailer from a Jim's franchisee the other week. :
G'day
Where was the trailer advertised as i am in Maitland and looking out for a similiar trailer but have not seen any in the trader papers etc. ??

mojo111
28-09-2004, 09:50 PM
Try this brian www.cunninghamshome.com.au/category62_1.htm

Diferent models of Dixons

APS_QLD
28-09-2004, 11:06 PM
Look like tinka toys ....... but i must keep an open mind i guess.

Will check them out.

Brian

Pain in the Grass
29-09-2004, 03:30 PM
Jim's trailer was advertised in the Sydney Trading Post a few weeks ago....It's a year 2000 model and in perfect condition....Paint is fine but I bought a can of the same colour for $50bucks...Gonna spray it myself and get it signwritten...Plus I'll get the mower box fully enclosed at a cost of around $350.00....Fully set up then.

You dont see many of the Jim's trailers for sale in the papers. The guy I bought it from said their trailers and equipment usually get sold with the Jim's group itself....

The Jim's trailers are made by Clarke trailers and I think they might be in Melbourne??? not sure....but a little research might be able to locate them.......

Hey here's an idea.....I wonder if they would make up trailers at a discounted price through the Indy Lawn Mowing group...Hmmm worth some research i'm sure eh Eb.. :cool:

GregG
29-09-2004, 11:32 PM
Jim's trailer was advertised in the Sydney Trading Post a few weeks ago....
You dont see many of the Jim's trailers for sale in the papers.

The Jim's trailers are made by Clarke trailers and I think they might be in Melbourne???

Hey here's an idea.....I wonder if they would make up trailers at a discounted price through the Indy Lawn Mowing group...Hmmm worth some research i'm sure eh Eb.. :cool:
I must have missed that one in the Trading Post.

Clarkes Trailers are at Medowie which is 10km from Raymond Terrace. So only about 1.5 to 2.5 hours from Sydney. I only live 25 minutes from them and last month checked them out. They seem well made and as they do lots of different mower trailers have lots of good ideas ie. tool boxes aswell as a great spring loaded folding ramp. The ramps are 2.1metres long/high and cost $254.00 but for an extra $289.00 they can make it folding so that in transport mode it is not sitting 2.1metres high. Apparently these are the same prices if you take your own trailer there for a ramp to be fitted.
BTW I am reading off a price list that they gave me.

A 7x5 or 8x5 with all the cages and toolboxes and elect brakes that would make it perfect for Zero turns is around $4500. It was the same or cheaper than other trailer places for similiar spec's but better made.

I am thinking for my next trailer not to be a traditional "Jim's high side Style" but more of a low side as I am thinking that if people can see the big Zero Turn plus trailer signage that it would have more impact and I reckon I will make my next one as well.

But a discount price with our buying power would be good as well

APS_QLD
30-09-2004, 06:15 AM
I have put on hold my idea of caging in my trailer until I sort out what i'm doing for a new mower. I like what Tony has done with his and that would sit over my pushies.

I am looking at a bigger Toro today and they also do Ariens so will get a look at both.

Brian.

APS_QLD
30-09-2004, 06:16 AM
Mojo what size mower is yours ?

Brian

Rod
30-09-2004, 06:28 AM
Trailer size (with rubbish removal on mind.)

Do many of you guys take garden rubbish away. I see a lot talking about caged sides and low sides. Our trailer has 4m3 capacity and is usually filled at the end of each day, I wish it were bigger.

Qld is different to the southern states as almost all customers have palm trees that drop fronds all year round and they won't compost.

Curious, I go to the tip 5-7 times a week, in fact my tip bill was $340.00 for last month (around $6.00 a visit or $10.00 for non green waste.) Naturally I pass this cost on.

How often if at all do most of you do a tip run?

APS_QLD
30-09-2004, 07:10 AM
That is one of the reasons i am sitting back and looking at my options. My trailer is not caged at this point in time. I do take rubbish away and i may have to look at setting up my trailer and ute to better accommodate this situation.

It may even come down to one day a week set aside simply to pick up green waste. This option will allow me to leave the mower out of the trailer.

I hope to have the trailer set up that allows my ute to be free of equipment so i can if the need arrises take some waste away while on site.

As it is as i don't take much grass away because most clients keep it. I would only go to the tip 2 - 3 times a week.

I am looking at getting my mulcher also set up and running which will chip majority of things to 30 odd mils with little effort and does not take very long at all.

Brian

mojo111
30-09-2004, 02:57 PM
Mojo what size mower is yours ?

Brian

Hi Brian :wave-hi: 16hp 40'' cut with mulch kit.

I've got all my gear on the trailer and the ute tray for rubbish.
The drop sides are 300mil great for carrying heaps of grass + rubbish.
Mind you now that I use the Z for most of my lawns the tray just gets more palm frons.

Rod.

Trips to the dump depends---when its busy 1 / 2 times a day
right now 2 / 3 times a week.
But the other day did a big clean up and whent 6 times in one day.