PDA

View Full Version : Lastest project

APS_QLD
30-09-2004, 06:14 PM
It never ceases to amaze me builders or owner builders whom continue to use oregan for pergola's. While it is fantastic to use because its light you need to be on top of it for maintenance such as painting etc which NO one ever does. I have in the past replaced the batterns a few rafters but now the whole thing needs rebuilding.

The result being

Stuie
30-09-2004, 06:40 PM
Bit of fencing wire should fix that right up! :cool:

APS_QLD
30-09-2004, 06:47 PM
That second shot is the main front support beam. You can in fact grab the beam and squeese it together. :frightene :eek:

The front beam is being replaced and the rafters will be 2nd hand timber BETTER than majority of new hardwood timber. Harder to use but will last much much longer. Not only that is a lot cheaper.

Brian

Alex Callaghan
30-09-2004, 07:15 PM
Yep...........Some of these home owner DIY types are reeeal whackas.

Nothing a bit of H3 pine and some wood bolts wont fix.

Kinda reminds me of this monstrosity of a retaining wall I replaced with a treated pine sleeper wall bout 6 months ago.
I rocked up at this house to qoute and was led out the back and found this ret wall that was 2.1m high and chocka block full of fill behind it and had been made out some wierd, crap wood (not hard wood not pine!?) that was roting out all over the shop but the kicker was that thier deck was holding it up...lol.
I said to the bloke arfter the closer inspection........."Aghhh....Matey....... do you rellize your deck thats attached to your house is holding the entire weight of the wall and what its retaning.

He asked me if that was a bad thing :laughing:

Some people ay?! :i dunno:

APS_QLD
30-09-2004, 07:36 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: no not a real issue :rolleyes: then again if it falls it will be very emotional for you OH and very very expensive. :cool:

Quote him well :)

Brian