PDA

View Full Version : ZTR's

APS_QLD
30-09-2004, 08:56 PM
Well i had a look at a few ZTR's today albiet Toro and Ariens only boy is there some difference between models and brands.

These 4 are all Toros first one was the 16 hp 42" powered by Briggs OHV with catcher comes in at $6900.

Next 18 hp 44" powered by a Briggs only difference was in cut size motor size and tyres all the rest was the same contruction with catcher $8800

Next 17hp 44" Kawasaki OHV this is the first step into the full commercial range and that shows in the contruction etc etc and is built for a bit of rough stuff.with catcher $11 200

Then i got excited and looked a Z Master Z 150 comes with either a 20 hp Kohler or 23 hp Kawasaki but at $17000 :rolleyes: :frightene

A bit hard to justify spending that sort of monies at this stage.

The Ariens

Only managed to get the price of one he did not have one for me to look at but would do so no probs. it was a 16hp 40" cut and with catcher scored $10800.

Boy Oh Boy am i getting a headacke trying to sort my way through all this. I'm trying tp keep feet on the ground and not get to excited and go past the responsible thing i have this bad habit off stepping in the deep end and work my way out of it. Tim the Tool Man comes to mind for the power plant part of things. :laughing: :rolleyes: l

mojo111
30-09-2004, 10:08 PM
Hi Brian :wave-hi: where did ya get those prices?? I know that the dealer I got my Ariens from this years model is $8900. You can get away with the catcher no prob just mulch especially on dommestic,
commercial too of course'
Most people wouldn't no the differance between catcher or mulch.
when ya do it right

APS_QLD
30-09-2004, 10:20 PM
I had an idea when i got the price it was quoted out of a book where as the Toro he checked the books and did some figures. I want to try and get up hopefully around the 10th and check yours out, if all goes to plan.

The Toro's where good I just want to see options:)

Brian

mojo111
30-09-2004, 10:29 PM
I had an idea when i got the price it was quoted out of a book where as the Toro he checked the books and did some figures. I want to try and get up hopefully around the 10th and check yours out, if all goes to plan.

The Toro's where good I just want to see options:)

Brian

The 10th will be no problem ;)

Might even have some grass to mow :laughing: :laughing:

If it rains :Rain: :ebony:

APS_QLD
10-10-2004, 04:13 PM
Thanks Phil for showing me over your trusty stead, the Arien went well and preformed well. As i have never seen one (any ZTR for that matter) in action it was good to get out and have a play. I was very impressed with the mulshing capabilities even though i was told there was no mulshing blades on the unit as yet.

If people have followed this thread i was looking at a unit with catching abilities although now i will reconsider and look at just a mulshing kit.

Not having taken one for a spin before it made for an interesting time :frightene :frightene :eek: Maybe next time less RUM :laughing: :laughing: before play.

I managed to come out without incident and the ariens was in one peice as well :D.

Two levers hmmm pull or push simple :cool: ok lets do this both forward full steam ahead down the back yard i going soooooooooooo :cool: heading for tree now what was it back left forward right or forward left back right WTF :frightene :i dunno: :help: ................. now facing back towards the house :frightene :frightene :eyes: ok that was different, never did that wiff a pushie :o , maybe i should slow down and work this thing out, a short tiime later i sort of had the idea and was buzzing about, even the trees while still :frightene :frightene managed to survive, i dare say with a little time on the ztr i would feel a lot more at ease and would do what i want in a ride on.

Thanks for dinner, a spot to crash and your time.

Now i can at least take a Toro or what ever out and compare.

Will catch you up later i'm sure Phil. :wave-hi:

Brian

mojo111
10-10-2004, 04:28 PM
Yeah thanks Brian :) no worries mate. Yes the rum flowed well and the OP rum got a nuge as well .
Whent to the markets today brought home a new long handle spade.
I'm a sucker for punishment LOL.

And a few rums this arvo as well ;)

Yes Brian a few more turns on the Zd an you'll be an expert LOL ;frosty;

And its good to compeer modles to get a feel for wat your needs are,
then ya can make a more informed decision.

sooner or later LOL :laughing: :laughing: