PDA

View Full Version : Drip irrigation

Hills Lawncare Services
01-10-2004, 08:05 PM
Hey all,

Been asked to convert a system over to drip (getting quite a few requests), I used to work for a guy that did this so I am OK with doing it (they are all manual systems anyway) but have no idea on how to word the quote and price it. I went to Dural Irrigation told me everything I needed so i know my cost, but I as to what I should be charging. I am curious as to roughly what people expect the price would be for 1000m2 block with established gardens and with an existing system so all path crossing are already done. By the way it only in the garden beds no drip in the lawn.

Thanks,

Charbel

bradtez
01-10-2004, 08:59 PM
Hey all,

Been asked to convert a system over to drip (getting quite a few requests), I used to work for a guy that did this so I am OK with doing it (they are all manual systems anyway) but have no idea on how to word the quote and price it. I went to Dural Irrigation told me everything I needed so i know my cost, but I as to what I should be charging. I am curious as to roughly what people expect the price would be for 1000m2 block with established gardens and with an existing system so all path crossing are already done. By the way it only in the garden beds no drip in the lawn.

Thanks,

Charbel

if you already know your costings for the dripperline & connections, then you can either charge an hourly rate or a job lot.

With your conversion, are you using individual drippers or going for a pressure compensating dripper line?

For great prices and technical advice try these guys ..... www.irrigationwarehouse.com.au

Brad

Hills Lawncare Services
01-10-2004, 09:45 PM
Hey Brad,

I am using non compensated dripper line, its called minscape.

Thanks,

Charbel

Topcat
28-10-2004, 08:05 PM
I've just finished laying a techline system..

VERY IMPRESSED, they really work well

I'll give em a big push, this summer, once the grass is dead :laughing:

Steve Ladlow
31-10-2004, 09:47 AM
How long did it take you to lay how much techline??

Topcat
05-11-2004, 03:39 PM
How long did it take you to lay how much techline??

Took about 3 hours to lay,
15 minutes to connect,
2 hours to mulch & clean up.

That left me with a nice return, on a days work ;)

ps. I thought it would have been a difficult job ended up being easy, it worked out real well to :( . now he's showed his friends, i may have more work...

Steve Ladlow
05-11-2004, 05:14 PM
Good Poo!!!!!