PDA

View Full Version : dedicated mulch mower??

The Local Gardener
25-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Thinking about it, anyones thoughts would be greatly appreciated... :i dunno: :wave-hi:

Fred's mowing
25-04-2009, 08:16 PM
Why not??? ;)
Cheers Dean.

tree beard
25-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Hi,

I have a husqvana push mower mulcher 5hp. It either mulches or side discharge.

Top cheap little unit. I use it to do most of the front lawns. Does a reapectable tidy job, no problems with the customers and no clippings to remove. Not to bad on the clean ups if its small and the grass is long.

Use a collection mower in the back yards tho!

Islandhead
25-04-2009, 10:33 PM
I've got a dedicated mulcher, just a masport, nothing expensive but does the job as backup to the main honda.

Treebeard, how come you catch back lawns? is it because of traffic on lawn and then through the house or some other reason?

tree beard
25-04-2009, 11:39 PM
Yes pretty much, a lot of my customers have either lap dogs or children. Both of which drag the grass into the house. So to keep them happy we collect in the rear yard.

The Local Gardener
26-04-2009, 04:38 PM
hello islandhead. Is it a heavy mongrel, what's the decking size? How much?

Hey admin, what can you suggest?

Hey tree beard, you happy with the husky, same questions as islandhead, if I may?

tree beard
26-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Hi TLG

Yes very happy with the husky. does a great job and a good finish on resi lawns (no clumpy grass trail) and is very light! It is the prefered mower by my offsider. She loves it and happily lifts it out of the ute tray on her own. Has been quite durable and reliable. Briggs & stratton 5hp.

danz
26-04-2009, 08:15 PM
The Husky sounds like a ripper,, I hear of alot of people who use masports for mulching,, theres also a green mastport with a honda motor i cant remember the model but it was for mulching,,

The Local Gardener
26-04-2009, 08:33 PM
thanks for that tree beard. I'll follow it up...