PDA

View Full Version : New Members...look Inside

Alex Callaghan
04-10-2004, 01:16 PM
Seems like we're getting a new member almost every day over the last 5 days or so.

It's great but I wish we could see more people participating :i dunno:

Come on all you newbies.......Join in!! We may seem like a bunch drunken whackas and we are (bar a few of the more sensible, well adjusted souls :laughing: ) but we also love what we do and I think we are all very good at it and collectively we are a wealth of knowlege as I'm sure all you lurkers are too so add your knowlege to the forum!

Join in guys Once ya get to know us were not that bad :i dunno:

Give us your opinions, tell us you think we're wallys, ask ya questions, Tell us your storys....... Please participate....It'd be tops!!

Ebony
04-10-2004, 01:19 PM
:laughing: That's it Alex !

All are welcome :wave-hi:

Tonyr
04-10-2004, 01:25 PM
What Alex ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Said!!

C'Mon, learn more if ya participate, that's how it works...

Also, please can yas consider when yas fill in your profile to fill in where it asks where you are from, it makes it all the more interesting to see where everyone is from.

Don't be scared to jump in and say G'Day and introduce yaself, tell us about your biz etc, like goin to the pub and having a few coldies, you have a choice to drink on ya own or drink and be sociable, up to you.

Now, yas all get together and do a :Rain: dance for us Qlders, Iraq is looking greener at the moment LOL! :frightene

Topcat
07-10-2004, 06:59 AM
The thing is, this is the best thing for our trade.

The people on here are all different :rolleyes: . good for all of us, cos when you need advice- you get assorted opions, that at the end of the day- is your dissision.

The advice is priceless........and endless.

The support you get from experianced people on here will save you thousands$$$, believe me.

:russ: I have been with ILMCoA for about 4 months now- business is booming. read the manuel- threat it as a bible, confess on here :wave-hi:

Enjoy
Denis

dvmcmrhp52
07-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Seems like we're getting a new member almost every day over the last 5 days or so.

It's great but I wish we could see more people participating :i dunno:

Come on all you newbies.......Join in!! We may seem like a bunch drunken whackas and we are (bar a few of the more sensible, well adjusted souls :laughing: ) but we also love what we do and I think we are all very good at it and collectively we are a wealth of knowlege as I'm sure all you lurkers are too so add your knowlege to the forum!

Join in guys Once ya get to know us were not that bad :i dunno:

Give us your opinions, tell us you think we're wallys, ask ya questions, Tell us your storys....... Please participate....It'd be tops!!

You are correct Alex.........drunken whackas!
Once we get to know y'all your not that bad??????........Eh??????
Give us your opinions???????.............Do you really want mine????????????????????? ;frosty; :ebony: :who-knows
How's them for some opinions?
Where's the red rider Tony?????????????? HaHa...............

Just kiddin with ya Alex.....................
Participation is a good thing.

Topcat
29-10-2004, 07:49 AM
:laughing:

I think for Xmas we orta sneak into tony's & paint the red toy, Johndeere. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tonyr
29-10-2004, 08:03 AM
Now how did poor little frail skinny Tony get bought into this!!????? ;frosty;

No need for a paint job blokes even though I know yas all mean well n all LOL!

Actually sold the Toro....

SES (social evil scabs who take commercial work for a mere donation) offered me 5 bucks to but the Toro cause they realised they bit off more than they could chew, and being a positive member of the community who loves to help those who poach my income, I said ''sure!!'', no probs...

Afterall they only work for 5 bucks a day per group!
So to give em a chance I thought I'd look after em...

WELL????

ONLY BLOODY KIDDING YA BUNCH OF DRUNKEN WACKAS!

I actually go to the job now and approach them and say. 5 bucks each or I'll put ya under the Toro...nice sideline LOL!

Funny how things work out in the end!! LOL! :frightene ;frosty; ;frosty;

dvmcmrhp52
29-10-2004, 09:21 AM
I'm liking that Idea Tony, Just think what they'd look like after coming out from under the rotary side of an Exmark deck!

Hmmm, gonna have to try that approach.............LOL!

By the way, I'm thinking more like scag yellow rather than giving the john deere greene a bad name.................... :laughing:

Tonyr
29-10-2004, 03:57 PM
Scag yellow eh? Now Davey thems is fighting words!

I'm so hurt, I'll need theoropy now! LOL!

Well at least ya didn't wipe me right out and say Dane yella!! :laughing:

Your profile says ya a wacka yank, but ya sound more like a wacka aussie....UNTIL you talk latin, e.g Scag? Exmark???

What are these things you speak of grasshopper??

Toro excretions after wild night on turps and mexican food LOL! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Alex Callaghan
30-10-2004, 07:59 PM
Well at least ya didn't wipe me right out and say Dane yella!! :laughing:

Easy tiger :mad:

Thems fightin words :laughing:

Yeh Dave.............We're Alco whackas alright but we're bloody well good at it!! :russ:

Can't go wrong with the fresh aussie air mixed with Peter Jackson Extra Mild and washin it down with coldie..................Bloody solid gold combo!!

Heeeeee :aus-flag:

Tonyr
30-10-2004, 08:02 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tim from HMS
29-07-2006, 10:16 AM
OK OK I'm a new member and here I am...posting! :wave-hi:

My name is Tim and I am new to ILMCA and to the industry. Decided at 40 and having just been sacked that if I didn't do this now I never will.

Almost ready to go....equipment purchasing next week (waiting for a cheque to clear), ads in and flyers distributed next week so hopefully I will have a customer (or ten??) in my first week.

Am as nervous as hell and get the impression that a large portion of my family are waiting for me to fail....keep hearing "oh well....if it doesn't work you can always go get a real job" ....WTF is THAT??? Thanks for the faith family....not my wife and kids tho, they're really excited.

So nice to be here and I plan on it being for a long time!

Regards

administrator
29-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Well done Tim and congratualations.

Family u gotta love em lol

You will do fine just get out there and do what you do.

Everybody says this in this country ,dont worry mate if u wanna work theres heaps of work out there for for people that wanna work .

ITS ACTUALLY TRUE.

Mowjoe
30-07-2006, 10:10 AM
Congrat Tim, we all started somewhere, enjoy the journey.

3 things to remember in this business, Customer Service, Customer Service, Customer Service.

Remember that the Customer pays the bills, so keep them happy (no matter what) and you will have success. ;)

Regards, Darrel Foster
Joes Lawn Maintenance

Mowjoe
30-07-2006, 10:19 AM
Hi all,

Thought I might introduce my self as I have only just joined the forum. Only found out that there was a forum last week after a mate told me.

Been mowing on and off for the past 10 or so years, started as an independant after 21 years in the Army, then had a Jim's Franchise and then back into independant.

Currently running Joe's Lawn Maintenance on the NSW North Coast.

I am looking forward to participating in the forums and if any one has a question (particulaly relating to Jims) I will be only to happy to answer them.

To all the new members just starting up, well done and enjoy the journey. :wave-hi:

Darrel Foster
Joe's Lawn Maintenance

Tim from HMS
30-07-2006, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the welcome Darrel and the admin team!

I have been a sales rep for 20 years so know all about customer service. I hope this will give me the "edge" over the competition in my area. In fact my initial customer base is coming from those clients who have been my customers (in a previous life) so already know and trust me. It was nice to have a base of over 250 people I could personally hand out fliers to and chat with about my new business. Letter box drops to as-yet-unknown faces are impersonal, although a marketing tool that I haven't overlooked.

Cheers

twin_cities_lawncare
30-07-2006, 05:39 PM
Tim:
Welcome and all the best with your very own business. I'm sure you'll find the independence an enjoyable thing, and most of decisions being made by you means *the buck stops here* which is a good thing too.
Don't forget to make yourself known to the local real estate people in your area...we've been surprised how much work we get from them here...
Cheers

administrator
05-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Good to see Tim doing gangbuster :russ:

Ian1
01-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Hi everybody, been lurking for a couple of years now and decided to take the plunge.I`m one of these blokes who works on the other side of the fence. i.e. The mechanic at the dealership who sees sees the problems you contractors bring in. Hopefully I can offer a different perspective on things from time to time. I don`t have much spare time so bear with me if I don`t reply quickly.

chaplain
03-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Well done Ian allways good to get a pros perspective :wave-hi:

forevergreen
21-07-2007, 12:13 AM

Hi All, I only joined two days a go and wish i had
found this site when starting up i have been going for about a year
doing it part time at the moment building it up this site is great it
would of saved me a lot of time and money and the storys yes i can relate to some of them looking forward to joining in well by for now
Thanks MARK

oscar
09-09-2007, 07:23 AM
Hi all,

I'm also a new member and I've found this forum quite informative.
I have been doing rounds for about 9mths now and I'm really enjoing it. Can anyone advice me on what to use to fertilize lawns without having to water after as we are going through water restrictions and I'm scared of burning the lawns.

cheers Oscar

ian
09-09-2007, 10:24 PM
check out bunnings or k mart as there are a few products now on the market that do not need to be watered in but remember fertilizing a lawn that is stressed due to lack of water will in most case's only add further stress

bigG
10-09-2007, 12:52 PM
welcome oscar :wave-hi: