PDA

View Full Version : Lawn weeds I Have Their Trade Secret!

The Lone Gunman
10-10-2004, 07:33 PM
5 Years no weeds guarenteed!
Hers how they do it
Newspaper 6-7 sheets No weedmat just the paper overlapping ! Remember no weeds for 5 years I DONT THINK SO!!!!

Frohike :frightene

sharon
12-10-2004, 02:25 PM
5 Years no weeds guarenteed!
Hers how they do it
Newspaper 6-7 sheets No weedmat just the paper overlapping ! Remember no weeds for 5 years I DONT THINK SO!!!!

Frohike :frightene

That is what i do on my own garden but i put straw on top to stop it blowing away. I know they say not to do this, but i find it works best for me. If you want to clear an area this method does work. In the last 5 years i have done it once a year and it seems to work. I have lost a few plants, not to many, so just plant something that does well. I have found in the past that when i spray when the weeds grow back there is so many more. might be the dead weeds help to put back into the soil something the weeds love. Stop the light from getting to the weeds and they should stop growing. :) sharon I should say i still get a few weeds just not that many that it becomes a pain.

glassngrass
09-04-2010, 09:22 AM
The layers of newspapers will block the light and prevent weed growth for some time, however this will also prevent reain and watering from penetrating and soaking in, leaving a concrete hard, dry and lifeless 'soil' underneath. Plants and shrubs will suffer and likely die - BUT at least you've solved your weed problem