PDA

View Full Version : Blowers

bradtez
10-10-2004, 09:27 PM
Guys,

need some input into what blowers you guys use and if you think they have been value for money.

I use both the Echo PB2155 & the stihl BG85. Im happy with both these units but like to know what else there is that you use.

Thanks

Brad

odin
10-10-2004, 10:13 PM
if you have redmax over ...ebz8000 is the strongest blower on the market right now.

If you can wait until next spring ..or at least our spring here in the states ..april may timeframe ...sthil is gonna bring out 3 new 4 mix modals ..the best oner will no pun blow all the other blowers away ...redmax echo all of them.

GregG
11-10-2004, 08:28 AM
Guys,

need some input into what blowers you guys use and if you think they have been value for money.

I use both the Echo PB2155 & the stihl BG85. Im happy with both these units but like to know what else there is that you use.

Thanks

Brad

Yes I am in the market for a blower. One advantage that I have heard about the Sthihl's is that for right handed people ( the majority ) that the air intake is on the right hand side ie. away from your leg, this means that the air intake is not next to your leg and does not suck your pants against the air intake therefore cutting down the amount of air and I guess output air speed.

All other blowers seem to have the air intake on the other side. Do people have a problem with this, am I making an issue out of nothing???

bradtez
11-10-2004, 09:53 PM
I ended up buying another echo PB2155 today. I havent had a single problem with my other one, and got a great price ( even beats Dean's price)

Hmmm, as the for inlet sucking your pants against it to slightly block off airflow, its summer time now, so you will only suck in leg hairs and not your pants now! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Brad

QLD turfcare
15-10-2004, 07:14 PM
I use the Makita unit, got it for a good price from my power tool dealer... :laughing:

It blows well, and vacuums too, plus with a couple of home-made accessories, it can clean gutters from down on the ground... etc.

Not sure how it rates with other "garden care equipment' brands, but I am happy with it... light, powerful enough to blow wet grass away... but it sucks itself against your leg like described... always starts...

My 10 year-old son can take one section out of the pipe, and it is just the right size for him... don't worry, I pay him... but not with beer... :laughing:

I am a typical batchelor, I even use it for 'sweeping' the downstairs of my Queenslander style house, and my sheds... :laughing:

David

Topcat
15-10-2004, 10:08 PM
Makita - a wild unit, i've used one for 5 1/2 years now it's been retired to home use. It was a great unit ;) .

Now, I just purchased a stihl BS65, this machine is wild almost takes the paint off ya car.

Don't waste ya $$$ on anything else, except maybe the echo.

Anyway you go into the store & try all of em :( your the boss now! ;)

Topcat
08-01-2005, 05:43 PM
I purchased a shihl blower early spring

I was happy to put it in for a FREE service, the first time only.

Sthil now seem to offer a free service in a time period on sales of new gear, so, the brushcutter went it to.

If it's free, I can afford that...

APS_QLD
08-01-2005, 09:09 PM
I have an echo Blower which is fantastic and i also have a echo vac and again is great.

I only got the 2nd unit as clients wanted areas vaced not blown. I am also lazy and was not going to change from blower to vac and back again.

Of course now i am looking at a bigger vac unit :i dunno: :cool:.

Brian