PDA

View Full Version : Forum Feedback

Ebony
13-10-2004, 10:05 AM
Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on what they thought was a little difficult to get used to with the forum. e.g. I quite often get asked how to post a picture or how to change User CP.

Then of course Alex mentioned in the off topic the use of the "New Posts" function etc.

If I was to do a little help guide on this forum for new people, what would you think was important to include from your experience?

Ebony

Tonyr
13-10-2004, 10:29 AM
yea, no, I like it, no probs mate :)

Only like to see ONE thing....

A LOT MORE mention of "TORO!"

And how they dominate, and intimidate all others, especially yellow and orange ones ;frosty; ;frosty; :p

only kidding....don't hurt me :boxer:

Oh yeah, one thing I'd like to mention....please can we have more smilies, pretty puleeaassseee? :cool:

GregG
13-10-2004, 01:15 PM
yea, no, I like it, no probs mate :)

Oh yeah, one thing I'd like to mention....please can we have more smilies, pretty puleeaassseee? :cool:

How do ya add the smiles ???

Tonyr
13-10-2004, 01:31 PM
To add smilies to ya post just click on them and they auto go on post...is that your question or how does Ebony put more here to choose from?

Ebony
13-10-2004, 01:43 PM
Hi Greg, to add smilies to your post...

1. There is a small list of smilies to the right of your text box. Click on the smilie you are wanting to use and it will 2. add some text to your post.

3. If you are wanting to view more smilies on [More] under the list of smilies and it will open a pop up which with a list of available smilies. Again you need to click on the smilie you want to use and it will add some text to your post.

If this is what you meant, hope this helps :)

Ebony

GregG
13-10-2004, 08:49 PM
To add smilies to ya post just click on them and they auto go on post...is that your question or how does Ebony put more here to choose from? Do you mean like this :wave-hi: or this ;frosty;

GregG
13-10-2004, 08:51 PM
you bloody beauty it works :clap:

Thanks Tony and Ebony

APS_QLD
13-10-2004, 09:47 PM
No Offence meant :) :) but it seems does not matter what club you are in or organisation. Returning to the basic simply to say hey this is what yo0u do if you do this.

I was president of a sport fishing club for 10 years (still member)and while you ran along on your merry way someone would ask, a VERY basic question and we would remember HOW we were when we were newbies.

What i'm trying to say don't think everyone knows how to do basic things. Maybe as people join thye can be given a (this is how the site runs) show down :i dunno:

We gave a booklet which covered the total range of issues. IE how to claim a club record, who are the committee and contact details, ETC ETC.

This was welcomed by all and is now given to ALL new members.

We now hold Refesher nights :)

My two cents worth

Brian

Ebony
14-10-2004, 09:10 AM
APS that is exactly why I am asking. I was going to do a run throught he basics to help new people to the forum. My thoughts were info on registering (always a good start hehe), setting up your user CP or User details, adding an avator (picture that some of you have under your name in posts) adding a picture to your post, how to use the smilies :), Info on teh "New Posts" function.

The way I do things it will probably be slight over kill, but never mind hehe.

So wanting to know what else if anything people could perhaps see as needing information or a guide to doing on this forum.

Ebony

Pinetree
27-10-2004, 10:57 AM
Yep I would be happy to know the full functions of the forum :i dunno:

sharon
04-11-2004, 10:59 AM
seems i was not alone. Might be good to tell people what some things mean like lol. I think i saw another person wanting to know what this means. :) sharon

chaplain
22-02-2006, 08:07 PM
I think its easy to use ;) ;) but im still getting used to the keyboard

My1 Management
23-02-2006, 06:44 AM
lol Chaplain - that is quite Funny! :)

twin_cities_lawncare
19-03-2006, 02:04 PM
Ebony
My query relates to how to post a photo/ av ... it seems the one I am tring to post is too big, so how do I shrink the size of the jpg so it's going to fit into here?
(I know our ute/trailer combo' is a bit big, but I didn't think it was too BIG to fit in here :laughing: )
Thanks in advance
Christine

patch
19-03-2006, 03:25 PM
you can edit them in PAINT If you goto image and clik on stretch/scew you can reduce the size it depends on how big your pics are to start with but trie 50% first and safe as a different name if it is too big go another 10% more hope this makes sense :i dunno:

Bargain Stickers
19-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Thanks patch. I took the advice you gave twin cities lawn care and it worked. Nice to have experience on our side.

patch
19-03-2006, 07:09 PM
mate take it easy I will get a big head then I will need a bigger patch :laughing:

glad I could help :russ:

Bargain Stickers
19-03-2006, 07:09 PM
Patch, you can see the pic on the picture forum now, lol. I'm still waiting for you to e-mail me at info@alrosamowing.com.au so I can give you the details on the trailer. I don't want to post it on the forum in case we promote anyone else who builds trailers. I'd rather not, in order to promote those who promote us.

Bargain Stickers
19-03-2006, 07:16 PM
LOL. If you send me a private e-mail, I'll send you a pic that has the place who built the trailer. I'm pretty sure they are not the same guys though because of the V.I.P. trailer in the background of the pic you posted. In my opinion, those trailers are nice, but mine is slightly different and made more to my convenience.

My1 Management
20-03-2006, 10:41 AM
twin cities, If you want me to resize your image to the full 80x80 pixels (which is what I think it is, or 75 x 75) send it to my email and I will fix it up for you.

Hope you got my email from the other day!

ebony@my1.com.au

twin_cities_lawncare
20-03-2006, 12:44 PM
I've given one of our photos a quick resize using the special pixel software, and it turned out a bit smaller than I expected. I'll give it another go when I have a bit more spare time.
Thanks for all the offers of help - I may need it down the track. It's good to see my query has helped others out too - always the way eh?

Cheers...

Christine