PDA

View Full Version : ????

sharon
15-10-2004, 02:25 PM
Is there any way to stop wet grass sticking to the wheels of a push mower? :i dunno: sharon

SunM
15-10-2004, 04:06 PM
Take the wheels off?

sharon
15-10-2004, 05:13 PM
Take the wheels off?
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: sharon

Pain in the Grass
15-10-2004, 06:00 PM
Mow it when dry :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Sorry Sharon you're gonna cop it on this post...(pnly messin wiff ya!!!)

QLD turfcare
15-10-2004, 06:58 PM
Is there any way to stop wet grass sticking to the wheels of a push mower? :i dunno: sharon

What sort of mower..? You can get a heated wheel unit, that dehumidifies the lawn as it mows, and the heated wheels are adjustable in the range of 30-65 degrees celcius... for fine or broadleaf grasses...

try a flymo... hover mowing, or wait until the grass dries...

I have to ask, why is this a problem...? surely a quick hose down of the mower after use is warranted... :laughing:

David

sharon
15-10-2004, 07:50 PM
What sort of mower..? You can get a heated wheel unit, that dehumidifies the lawn as it mows, and the heated wheels are adjustable in the range of 30-65 degrees celcius... for fine or broadleaf grasses...

try a flymo... hover mowing, or wait until the grass dries...

I have to ask, why is this a problem...? surely a quick hose down of the mower after use is warranted... :laughing:

David
I am in victoria and it rains a lot here. I have a honda mulch and catch and because the grass is fine and wet it seems to build up and the wheels pick it up and after awhile it leaves long lengths of grass on the ground. If i could wait till the grass was dry i would. :Rain: today and hail :) sharon

QLD turfcare
15-10-2004, 07:59 PM
Rain...?

Please explain that concept... :rolleyes: :laughing:

have you got kids...? Get them to go out afterwards and roll the strips up like little hay bales... :laughing: Tonka Contracting might need to get involved... :laughing:

David

pbm
15-10-2004, 09:05 PM
The wheels are picking up the grass because it is not being caught cleanly in the catcher. Make sure you have new blades when it is wet that may help.

APS_QLD
15-10-2004, 10:04 PM
I was going to say sharp blades but .......... as said new blade should do the trick.

Brian

PS: explain rain :i dunno: :i dunno: :eyes:

sharon
15-10-2004, 11:03 PM
thanks guys, will get some new blades. How often should they be changed? Rain is a great thing when it comes. Mowing dust is a strange thing but it does happen here as well :russ: It is a strange thing when it rained and hailed here today and on the news bush fires. sharon :)

APS_QLD
16-10-2004, 06:23 AM
Looks where Sharon lives :wave-hi: :eyes: :rolleyes: Vic hmmmm rain, hail, bush fires, you still to get sleet, snow and floods in one day for typical melbourne weather ;frosty; :laughing: :D. Must be the El Nino causing you only to get 3 out of 6 :laughing:.

Of course u can slip up to Brissie with some of that rain. Qld dusty one day dustier the next :sad: :sad:.

Brian

APS_QLD
16-10-2004, 06:29 AM
That will depend on the number of lawns and what you are hitting (rocks sticks etc) Me i check my blades each week some times less or when i notice the catcher not catching the grass properly.

Sorry no easy one just check them on a regular basis. I carry a new set for both mowers on board at all times. Only take a few minutes to change if needed (prefer to do at home) but shi% happens sometimes.

Brian

Topcat
16-10-2004, 07:34 AM
Try This....

Tow your gear to Queensland :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If that won't work, take the catcher off, run over it quickly with no catcher.

Put the catcher back on, then you will only pick uf 20% of the grass- this takes the same time as catching all the grass.

Then ya ganna have to fish tail it a bit, to get the grass off ya wheels ;) , then ya can cross the paths.

I've notice lately the front wheels seem clean- So I just lift the back off the ground, then cross the paths, It don't leave tracks..

Good Luck Miss