PDA

View Full Version : $44.00 To change a light bulb!!!!!

Brad
17-10-2004, 12:47 PM
Did anyone read in todays paper that some guy charges $44.00 to change light bulbs and gets about 180 calls a day?...and we battle to get $30-$35 to mow a lawn(well I do anyway).

Brad

Tonyr
17-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Now that is amazing, and I totally agree, we struggle to get what we do to sweat our buts off clearing jungles and some guy can get $44 to change a bulb...hmmmmmm, if we were smart we would incorporate this service into ours, sure would help in the slow times!

Heck, I'd even change the bulb for $40, I'm not greedy! LOL, LOL

I'd be happy to sell the Toro in a heartbeat to go changing bulbs at $44 each!! sounds too good to be true!

Is he in a franchise?

Brad
17-10-2004, 01:17 PM
No mention of Franchise. But I'm gonna cut it out, laminate it and take it with me on quotes. The next time a client says - "Gee, thats a bit expensive just to cut grass" I'm gonna show em.

Brad

Tonyr
17-10-2004, 01:33 PM
yeah mate, bloody good idea!

sharon
17-10-2004, 03:50 PM
$44 what how high up was it? I heard on the news last night that they want to charge more to go to the doctors, they said if you can pay $100 for a leg wax then you should pay more to see the doc. : :i dunno: What i dont understand is how come we find it hard to get $30 when my sister pays $106 every 4 weeks to have her hair cut.:dean: Sharon

Brad
17-10-2004, 06:36 PM
Did anyone read in todays paper that some guy charges $44.00 to change light bulbs and gets about 180 calls a day?...and we battle to get $30-$35 to mow a lawn(well I do anyway).

Brad

Oops! That should read 180 jobs a week not 180 calls a day. But still amazing.

Brad

craig
17-10-2004, 06:44 PM
Well guys I know trady's who charge 200-250$/hr.70$ to change a washer for god sake,& people pay.& these guys are booked out for months in advance.There's just no guy's out their with hand skills anymore.Since the works department,energex etc started out sourcing no one trains anyone anymore. In the last wk while landscaping I've been offered 3 jobs. 1.Carpenter[building house frames] 2.pool constructer 3.Profit share with landscaper The scary thing is I don't have any trade qualifications.& you contact a builder or landscaper & 9 out of 10 times they just subcontract out to guys like me where's the next generation of tradesmen coming from? Craig :i dunno:

GregG
17-10-2004, 09:12 PM

Brad
No mention of Franchise. But I'm gonna cut it out, laminate it and take it with me on quotes. The next time a client says - "Gee, thats a bit expensive just to cut grass" I'm gonna show em.[/QUOTE]

Can we organise a copy of that as I would like one so that I can laminate it ???