PDA

View Full Version : cub cadet 42" zero turn problem

danz
24-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Ok guys i were mowing on cub cadet zero and hit a stick or some bloody thing, anyway the cutter deck stopped cutting so i have a look underneath and see 2 wires snapped so bring her home and rejoin the wires and tried the cutter then and she work but as i turned the cutter up the wires snapped again, so i had a look underneath the motor and i see the top belt is fine and the bottom belt fine now in between the upper pully wheel and bottom pulley when theres a square looking thing and it the things the two wires are on, now this square thing im guessing is not meant to spin? and if its not do any of you no how i stop it,,,,,, thanks heaps fellas look forward to a reply or two since i have a big day tomorrow,,,,

danz
24-05-2009, 10:31 PM
please anyone that might have any idea it would be much appreciated,

greasemonkey
26-05-2009, 02:46 PM
If the whole clutch assembly is spinning with the engine then the wires will keep breaking.

There is normally a plate or a piece of rod that fits in a hole or slot in a plate on the electric clutch. This is to stop the whole PTO clutch spinning with the engine. I had it once on a simplicity when the rod was held on by an engine bolt...the engine bolt vibrated loose and the rod fell out which made the clutch spin and snapped the wires.

I would say something has vibrated loose or bent outof the way and the clutch is turning all the way around...

danz
26-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Thanks heaps Grease Monkey, thats correct the wires kept snapping cause the clutch kept spinning, i thoght maybe the clutch might have ceased up or something but i ran new wires and also there was a metal bit that sticks out it looks like a some kindve guard any way i bent that in so the clutch cant pass it if that makes sense im not sure if thats how its meant to be (but ill check out another club cadet when i see one),, i did 2 lawns yesterday and it seemed to be fine, i got it second hand and it looks like its done abit of work says 250 hours, are blades expensive?,, anyway thanks again for the reply i might put up on some ramps and have a squiz underneath to see if anythings missing rod etc

greasemonkey
27-05-2009, 01:24 PM
No worries! It's not always a rod...sometimes it can be a little plate that is welded onto the chassis. I would say the stick you hit has bent it out or something. Might need to be reinforced to stop it happening again. As for blades it depends where you go....normal retail for standard bar blades is around 25. If you hunt around you'd prob get them cheaper through somebody like ASP I'd say.

danz
27-05-2009, 11:02 PM
thanks heaps Grease monkey im pretty sure it was the little metal bit i bent back in which yeah comes off the chassis but yeah i will reinforce it, i tell ya what mate you need your on grease monkeys corner on this site mate, big help

greasemonkey
29-05-2009, 01:25 PM
No worries. Glad you got it sorted out haha. Grease monkeys corner haha...just post questions in this thread if you have dramas :P

geoff
29-05-2009, 03:14 PM
I mentioned some time ago but i am really for " Greasemonkeys Corner " tremendous to gain valuable information instead of the crap that some mowershop put over you...maybe we could give greasemonkey an incentive :i dunno: but do appreciate his knowledge and willingness to share.... :clap: :clap:

greasemonkey
29-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Haha I don't mind answering questions. There's no point putting crap over people like a lot of places do...does nothing good in the long run, (and besides this isn't a shop haha). I'm happy to help out when I can, bugger the incentive :P. If you've got any questions just ask and I'll do what I can to help. :)

danz
29-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Now thats a top bloody bloke, once again i agree with geoff i tell ya what geoff i seem to be always agreeing with you,, great minds think a like lol