PDA

View Full Version : What equipment to buy

bluedog
26-05-2009, 08:13 PM
G'day all,
Im sure this Q has been asked many times,but here goes.
As im just starting out,i need to buy a catcher mower,brushy,hedgy and blower,just wondering what all you guys use or recommend.
Ive been using a tanaka brushy and shindiowa blower at my pevious job and they are great but they dont get used every day,so im not sure if they are good for continued use every day.
So let me know what you think.

Cheers

Precision Gardening :aus-flag:

ian
26-05-2009, 09:07 PM
i use the honda mower,tanaka hedger,shindaiwa t260 brushcutter and a honda blower i have a shindaiwa blower but i had trouble starting it when hot were the honda starts 1st time everytime the shindy i use at home and as a backup

total turf management
26-05-2009, 09:12 PM
John Deere Z mower X 2 (717a best machine ever)
Toro Z mower with catcher (parts r dear)
Toro personal pace and honda Buffalo pushie (honda the best)
Shindiawa whippy (cant kill it)
Stihl multi combo with hedger whippy head and edger and chainsaw attachment (4 machines in one)
Stihl Bg 85 blower (goes hard)
Stihl hedger

tko lawn care
26-05-2009, 11:25 PM
Honda 216 mower
Tanaka snipper
Shindaiwa hedger
Stihl BG-85 blower

haireyscarie
27-05-2009, 07:10 AM
hey bluedog
have a look at indy shop dean has some good deals there on gear
http://www.indmowing.com.au/equipment_deals.htm

cheers scarie

63impala
27-05-2009, 07:27 AM
Do what I did if you have the cash go to stihl or shindaiwa dealer and say you wont mower,hedger,blower,and brushy say to him if I bought this all to day with cash what kind of deal would you do me I saved $300 doing it that way all name brands of corse.

bluedog
28-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Cheers, Thanx for the help guys. Impala im gunna do just that on the weekend to see wat deal i can get then ill compare it to Deans packages.

Was also wondering if anyone knows of any good storage systems for mowers ect for the back of my ute, i was thinking somthing along the lines of a steel cover over the equipment and have the flip down sides of the ute lockerable so the only way to get the mowers out is to flip the side down, i hope that makes sense. Iknow most of u would use a trailer for equipment, but i want my trailer for rubbish. let me know if u have any ideas.

Thanks
Paul.

BLACK BEAR
31-05-2009, 10:41 AM
If you have $$$ :eek: to spend you may want to see these guys or others similar!
http://www.blueys.com.au/

Cheers, Thanx for the help guys. Impala im gunna do just that on the weekend to see wat deal i can get then ill compare it to Deans packages.

Was also wondering if anyone knows of any good storage systems for mowers ect for the back of my ute, i was thinking somthing along the lines of a steel cover over the equipment and have the flip down sides of the ute lockerable so the only way to get the mowers out is to flip the side down, i hope that makes sense. Iknow most of u would use a trailer for equipment, but i want my trailer for rubbish. let me know if u have any ideas.

Thanks
Paul.