PDA

View Full Version : When is Geejay going to be let back

DavidS
12-06-2009, 05:30 PM
Hey Admin,

When are you going to let Geejay back into this forum.
I feel that he has served his time and would like to let him back in. We can't afford to lose such a wealth of knowledge, it is so hard to learn what he knows, he always was willing to share his knowledge with us. Yes he was a bit over the top on somethings but then again some people also wound him up and kept giving him s##t until he reacted. I for one just ignored it and continued to learn from his tips. I have been gardening for over ten years as a professional and have completed courses, but I still don't have the knowledge that Geejay has.
Anyway it's up to you admin I just thought I would put my thoughts to you.

Cheers David

haireyscarie
12-06-2009, 05:52 PM
:talk2hand
but that is just me
so if it was up to me ..
i say no

63impala
12-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Let A Brother Come Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

geoff1969
12-06-2009, 06:27 PM
i asked the same question long ago . :i dunno:

Bluey
12-06-2009, 06:53 PM
I think he should be let back in if he wants to. The idea of a ban is to reinforce that some things should not be done. I still don't know what he did to deserve a ban but surely he has paid for it by now.

GeeJay is one of those colourful characters that come along from time to time and like DavidS said I think he has a wealth of knowledge we can all benefit from.

Let bygones be bygones is my view.

geoff1969
12-06-2009, 07:15 PM
hey lets be honest we can all get our backs up a times , and rant or rave on - or talk dribble and **** - but he had a vast knowlege of plants and such and he knew how to get people up and talking and involved in entering there views on the forum , also came across as a very proud man of his herritage and family and enjoyment of the industry,

Sandgroper
12-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Yeah bring him back,, but he must serve some sort of time for bad behavior if he plays up in the future,,i think 3-4 week ban is a good penalty for serial offenders,,,gives folks time to think about what they did,,,,,

Bluey
12-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Yeah I agree but maybe he doesn't want to come back now :i dunno: I reckon I came close to getting banned for having a shot at a certain webhost on the forum. I learnt my lesson from my rebuke lol :cool:

The Local Gardener
12-06-2009, 09:07 PM
Don't let him in. He may know a bit, but he is rude, offensive and he will only do it again and again and again.

BLACK BEAR
12-06-2009, 09:31 PM
;) And now that RSA is winning in the 20/20 cricket we definitely don't want him in :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: but i amsure he sneaks a peek or two ;frosty; ;frosty;
:frightene at least wait for this 20/20 cricket to finish, or i will never hear the end of it :o :aus-flag:

geoff
12-06-2009, 10:10 PM
hussler would love him to come on , he loves geejay :who-knows :laughing: :laughing:
its a free country and anyone should be allowed to say its a democratic society , now i dont care a lot for him at times but thats him , i must admit the forum is quiet without him ,,,xxx kiss and make up admin but thats your choice your forum????

abncraig
12-06-2009, 10:48 PM
It maybe admins forum but as I see it you are the members with no members no forum so you should get the vote not the Kim Jong Il's of the internet, I am not a paid member so I have **** all say but you guys are some of the most active members and should get a say. just my 2 cents

The Local Gardener
12-06-2009, 11:41 PM
support the cause, and become a member abncraig.... :wave-hi:

Scooby Steve
13-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Abncraig your right it is admin's forum and as such you play by there rules. If you don't like "em" make your own site . I dont have a problem with the ban, he can go crazy with the amount of posts he does sometimes so maybe its a good thing now he can cool his heals and then come back bigger and stronger than ever.

geoff
13-06-2009, 06:47 PM
well said scooby :)

Bluey
13-06-2009, 06:51 PM
I think what makes this forum a good one is that everyone can have their say and opinion on issues. Others may not like what a person has to say or even agree with it but we can discuss these issues with some decorum and often a little banter.

GeeJay is not the only member on here who has upset others at times and he won't be the last. How many times have we seen one member or another make a post that they have had enough and were never coming back. Yet these same members have a rethink after other members have a bit of a chat to them and we welcome them back with open arms.

Bans are unfortunately a needed thing on forums because we are people and people don't always get along with each other or like each other and the Admin really does need at times to reinforce that certain behaviour won't be tolerated. However it does not mean that the ban has to be for ever and we leave the member in purgatory.

As Indies we are pretty much loners and I for one value this forum and the solidarity it gives me knowing were are a band of brothers and sisters doing the same job.

I think we all need to be able to forgive and forget little indiscretions and move forward but that is my personal opinion.
The end decision rest with Admin and obviously they are watching this thread with some interest.

Perhaps it is time Admin that you let us know if there is a possibilty of GeeJay's ban being lifted or not. If the answer is No then so be it.

administrator
14-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Hi Guys the ban will stand as all banned members of forum will stand .

Thanks for the input as for the future the banning rule may change .

Bluey
14-06-2009, 10:54 AM
Ok thanks for the clarification Admin. I guess that ends this discussion

glassngrass
14-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Some of us miss him, however, consider this.

We did not pay for entry.
We have no rights here, other than those 'given' us by the owner of the 'house'.

I respect the right of the owner of the house to set his own rules.

I think we all agree on that point - hard to argue around...

just john
14-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Whilst he is away ,I hope he is taking some Inglish Lesons :laughing:

chaplain
15-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Good to see you stick by the rules otherwise why have them .

Geejay had been banned once before .
Just because he had good info doesnt mean you get special privlages lifestyle was banned and nobody kicked up a fuss to have him returned .Admin you cant please everyone .Being an umpire is never easy .

Hustler
20-06-2009, 04:08 PM
he is gone dont bring him back no s-it on here any more its normal ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty;