PDA

View Full Version : Pull cord

leister
25-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Hi all, would anyone know how to replace the pull cord on Stihl BG65 blower?Need the thing to work before tomorrow.. Thanks in advance!! Cheers, Leister :i dunno:

greasemonkey
25-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Normally they are pretty straight forward. Take the pullstart cover off the machine. Normally you can just cut the old cord out, feed the new one in and tie it off. Then you can wind the rope around the pulley to put the tension back on the spring.

leister
25-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Thanks Greasy!! :)

greasemonkey
25-06-2009, 08:58 PM
;) No wucken forries!

Bluey
25-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Well done Grease Monkey. Having you as a member of the forum is invaluable and the fact that you are so willing to help others out is a big gold star for you. :wave-hi:

ian
26-06-2009, 09:36 AM
but be careful not to let the spring pop out as it's a total pain to put back in

greasemonkey
26-06-2009, 03:19 PM
but be careful not to let the spring pop out as it's a total pain to put back in

Haha yeah gotta watch the eyes too. Thats why I always cut the rope and let the tension off the spring before I take the pulley out.

WOO GOLD STARS FOR ME! :laughing:

BLACK BEAR
26-06-2009, 05:24 PM
:confused: About the spring popping out :confused: I have a couple that it happened to before I knew what I was doing. They are spare ones to a blower & brushcutter and would like to know is there any way to put that damn spring back in :dean:

ian
26-06-2009, 06:41 PM
yes you have to wind it up really tight but i usually take it into the shop as my hand cramps up when i try to do it [ carpel tunnel ] and the dealer has to get one of the mechanics to do it as he doesn't have the strength in his hands to do it either so now i am very careful and make sure it doesn't spring out

greasemonkey
26-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Haha yeah that's about it. Some of them can be real P***ks to do and I have to give the hands a bit of a shake :P

Sometimes you can start on the outside and put the hook into the housing and sometimes you can wind it up inside the housing that way.