PDA

View Full Version : tip fees

sharon
30-10-2004, 02:33 PM
Here in st leonards vic we have three bins 1. green waste 2. cans plastic 3. house hold. So i can put grass in bins when i cut. Do other places not have this? From what people are saying they don't seem to be doing it in other areas. :wave-hi: sharon

Rod
30-10-2004, 08:23 PM
Tip fees in Townsville Qld.

$ 6.10 for 1m3 green waste
$10.95 for 1m3 mixed waste

I usually (can fit 4m3) in our trailer but only get charged for 1 m3.
The buggers have a weigh bridge installed "beware the future."

It use to be free until October 2002.

Although, we don't catch mulch 99.9% of jobs. Had to catch one the other day with the "Toro" self propelled, bag was on but the Shute was closed "bugger" he he!!!! Customer could not tell the difference and neither could I. Reckons her grass has never looked better!!!!

Alex Callaghan
30-10-2004, 10:22 PM
I pay $17 a Ton for green waste.

Dunno bout this cubic meter $hit!!! :laughing:
How do they measure for a cubic meter......................Eye ball it or what? :i dunno:

mick
30-10-2004, 10:39 PM
I got charged $8.00 for 120kg green waste at the local tip a couple of weeks ago!

A few years ago the council had a free tip trial, it only lasted a couple of months because of the money they were loosing!

APS_QLD
31-10-2004, 08:15 AM
Currently i use vouchers which allows me to drop off 100kg's free. After that its $7.00 for 100 kg 12.00 upto 500 kgs over that is 6.5 c per kilo, watch that excess :dean: :dean:

I look at $25.00 each client for dumping and i try and get two or more loads on so only go once.

Our council sells the green waste to a mob that mulches it and burns it to generate power. Not sure how much they get for it. So they win both ways :cool:

Brian

Tonyr
31-10-2004, 08:47 AM
Councils charging for green waste dumping is BS, here it is free so far, but now have a new beaut super dump with weigh bridge so I guess we will pay soon enough!

But they feed it all through this giant mulcher and sell the bloody crap, typical govn. dept. love double dipping!

So I guess we should all leave our palm fonds etc on the council nature strip out front?

When I was removing green waste a few years ago, clients couldn't understand why I asked to be paid, like time, feul etc, all part of service! Like fark, I now only mulch, and palm fond remove starts at $50 for 1 hour return trip incl. loading. But when I have to pay at tip, I bet I will have trouble passing tip fees on! Can bet on it!

I can live without it LOL! Don't like loading piles of trash, scared of snakes and spiders anyway!

APS_QLD
31-10-2004, 09:52 AM
Its more scary when at the tip you find the snake :frightene :frightene :eek: :eyes: :eyes: WTF who put that in there :i dunno: :i dunno: Only happened once now rake the shi$ out then load.

Brian

Steve Ladlow
31-10-2004, 09:58 AM
Tip fees in Pine Rivers Shire for commercial operators
$13.20 per Ute load
$26 odd for Ute & Trailer
I go on Sunday if i can and tell them its from Home :)
Caboolture Shire which is next door dosnt charge commercial operators so will be going there when it picks up, which it hasnt as yet
Always factor in tip fees when quoting

Been mulch mowing most jobs in the last month or so. They look great and will continue to do so until they dont

APS_QLD
31-10-2004, 11:35 AM
What mower you running Steve. Scag?

bradtez
31-10-2004, 08:09 PM
we dont have any tip fees for green waste here in Canberra, there is a mob where you dump it that mulches it all and sells it back to the public. There would be an iproar if they started charging!!

I charge my clients a $25 tip fee (for time fuel etc) sometimes i can charge 4 clients a day that fee and only do one trip... :russ: (helps if they are not home and they dont know how much crap you are actually removing).

Brad

Steve Ladlow
01-11-2004, 09:24 AM
Brian im mulching with the Honda
HRU196
Dean sold me mulching plug
I have a Snapper ZTR its just got a side shute

great_outdoors
01-11-2004, 02:00 PM
I accually called the SES to come and pick mine up. For a donation!!!! of $1.00 they will pick it up sort through it, put it on the back of the truck, drive around the block 20 times, go to council show them the goods, go back to their yard sort through it again, then go to the tip and pay $15.00 to offload it. Damn hard working guys those SES. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mojo111
01-11-2004, 05:42 PM
Here on the coast its $5.60 for green waste on ute or single axle trailer, $6.80 for general waste.
But I don't go there much. I've got my own dump at my place. ;frosty; :laughing: :laughing:

APS_QLD
01-11-2004, 06:36 PM
So thats what i hit in the back yard testing the ariens your dump. ;frosty; only joking, nice place you got and the rum was fine as well :laughing: :laughing: May just have to pass by again one day and toss a snag on the bbq.

Brian

matder
01-11-2004, 08:27 PM
here in the desert (roma) they charge 8.50 for green waste but when i have accutally got any green stuff a sheila takes all i can give her ,and not that way either :laughing: so cost me nothing but i suppose it will peta off one day untill then live it up. hope it rains shortly for everryone mes think rain is a4 letter word :abcfra: matty

APS_QLD
01-11-2004, 09:09 PM
Never figured Roma to have green stuff. :D :D not at the moment anyway.

Was going to apply for a job there not so long back :)

Brian

matder
01-11-2004, 09:20 PM
bet you are glad you didnt :frightene there is plenty of green stuff here you have got to chase it like every thing :laughing: :laughing: only trouble is cant run fast anymore ;) matty

mojo111
01-11-2004, 10:30 PM
So thats what i hit in the back yard testing the ariens your dump. ;frosty; only joking, nice place you got and the rum was fine as well :laughing: :laughing: May just have to pass by again one day and toss a snag on the bbq.

Brian

Any time brian the door is allways open.

Because I've passed out in the doorway stone cold drunk ;frosty; :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers

mick
01-11-2004, 10:46 PM
Because I've passed out in the doorway stone cold drunk ;frosty; :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers

That reminds me of a girl I once brought home from the local night club. She was real drunk (had to be to come home with me! :laughing: ) Anyway, she went to the toilet for a spew and passed out in there, jaming the door so I couldnt get her out!

No luck that night! :i dunno:

It sh!ts me the way council charges for rubbish. I mean, we/customers pay for the tip in our rates etc and then we have to charge customers on top of that. Thats the council double dipping aint it!

mojo111
01-11-2004, 10:56 PM
That reminds me of a girl I once brought home from the local night club. She was real drunk (had to be to come home with me! :laughing: ) Anyway, she went to the toilet for a spew and passed out in there, jaming the door so I couldnt get her out!

No luck that night! :i dunno:

It sh!ts me the way council charges for rubbish. I mean, we/customers pay for the tip in our rates etc and then we have to charge customers on top of that. Thats the council double dipping aint it!

And then they sell the mulch back to us after we pay to dump it
:dean: :confused:

mick
01-11-2004, 11:09 PM
And then they sell the mulch back to us after we pay to dump it
:dean: :confused:

Tripple dip!

Here, if you want it you have to shovel it onto the ute/trailer yourself! Screw that!

mojo111
01-11-2004, 11:27 PM
Tripple dip!

Here, if you want it you have to shovel it onto the ute/trailer yourself! Screw that!

They do have a free loading up here. and the do have a front end loader to :rolleyes: thank F.F.T.

mick
01-11-2004, 11:32 PM
The only tractor I ever see at the tip is a D100000000000 :laughing: Dozer! hehe

Like you mojo, I dump all my clipping here at my joint! The chickens love scratching through it and it keeps the weeds down!

mojo111
01-11-2004, 11:38 PM
Mines just a rotting heap, out of site out of mind hahahahahaha

The cat ferits for what ever it can find in there, some times its bigger than the cat LOL LOL.

mick
01-11-2004, 11:48 PM
I live on 3 acres and just back the ute/trailer up to a spot somewhere that looks something like a garden and push it off. The chickens spread it out for me and add some poo to it as well.

Heres a pic to show what I mean. (in the red circle) This was from last season and theres other piles in other places and theres more there than it looks.

mojo111
01-11-2004, 11:57 PM
My heap is huge I can only just drive the 4x4 over it without getting stuck. I'd take a pick if I had a digie camera :laughing:

One day?? :laughing:

I'm off to bed stack of work tomorrow.
Tones of work now that the grass is growin :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mick
02-11-2004, 12:03 AM
Its slowly picking up for me as well. Picked up a couple of million $$$$ mansion today that looks over the Gold Coast and ocean. Only got it for the next 2 mths but she wants it done weekly which will be good!

I usually dont bring many clippings home because of the ride on stuff and when using the push I try to leave clippings on site if possible.

Later mate

sharon
02-11-2004, 01:10 PM
Here every house has a green waste bin that is picked up every 2 weeks. I am not sure why other areas are not doing this yet. :i dunno: sharon

administrator
07-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Melbourne Greenwaste, Recycle ,general Waste Bins.

:)
THIS WILL MAKE YOU GIGGLE IN SOME AREAS THE BINS KEEP GETTING STOLEN SO THE COUNCIL WANTS TO MICRO CHIP THE BIN.
MAYBE A NICE STU :mad: DDED COLLAR TO BOOT

haireyscarie
08-03-2007, 08:23 AM
check under the handles of your bin to see if they are there all ready
big bin brother comeing to a town near you SOON ;frosty;

administrator
08-03-2007, 10:11 AM
llolololol i just checked my hand to make sure i didnt have one either

chaplain
08-03-2007, 10:49 PM
I got a chip allready. Its on me shoulder ;frosty;

holdenhead
10-12-2007, 03:10 PM
Hi all, in outer sth east melb I dont need the tip much as our council has green bins at all houses. I did have to go to the tip the other week though and drove the ute with the trailer on the back up to the window and they told me $30. I said but it says $17 on the board and she said no but the comercial price is $30. I told her to stick it and drove back home hooked the trailer up to the family car changed my top and went back. $17 later I unloaded the trailer and left. It probly cost me more than the $13 I saved to go home and change cars but it's the principle of the thing. Theiving tip thinks that comercial green waste is harder to compost than Public green waste. Cheers Rick

heggie
11-12-2007, 07:56 AM
Hi all, in outer sth east melb I dont need the tip much as our council has green bins at all houses. I did have to go to the tip the other week though and drove the ute with the trailer on the back up to the window and they told me $30. I said but it says $17 on the board and she said no but the comercial price is $30. I told her to stick it and drove back home hooked the trailer up to the family car changed my top and went back. $17 later I unloaded the trailer and left. It probly cost me more than the $13 I saved to go home and change cars but it's the principle of the thing. Theiving tip thinks that comercial green waste is harder to compost than Public green waste. Cheers Rick

i know what you mean Holdenhead , i was charged $30 the other day .
the thing is they mulch all the green waste and sell it !!!!!
cheers heggie

ian
15-12-2007, 05:37 PM
holdenhead if your near knox the whitehorse transfer station on burwood hwy vermont sth charges $25 single axle for green waste up to 1/2 ton which i believe is the best price in the area

SCO
01-01-2008, 05:24 PM
I guess it's east for me, cuz ive got some skip bins and i live on a farm, So i just dump all my clean greenwaste onto my evergrowing pile and i stack any other waste into the skips before they go to the tip ;)

i still charge $20 for a load but.

geoff
05-01-2008, 02:18 PM
for one cu metre or a ute load $7.70 and 15.40 for a trailer full like that bearded mans brand at the envoromix dingley .. for that price you can go evry day and not be the bad books with the mrs when grass smells wafts into the kitchen .... :cool: