PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki KBL27 problem

Redeye
01-08-2009, 12:44 PM
I have a Kawa KBL27 brushie that seems to have a problem with the carby. It is leaking fuel from the carby, also when I prime the bulb fuel comes out of the carby which in turn floods it & makes it a b**tard to start. Any ideas? I'm thinking it might need a carby kit. I use it commercially. :confused:

GreenHaven
01-08-2009, 12:48 PM
sounds like a seal kit is in order

GQdude
11-12-2013, 03:28 PM
I bought a Kawasaki KBL27c brush cutter about 3 months ago. I am having trouble starting it when it is hot and the day is hot. Sometimes its totally dead and other times it kicks over for about 2 seconds then dies. I've had it back at the shop 5 times so far. They can't fault it as it cools down by the time I get it to them. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

Mick
11-12-2013, 07:20 PM
I reckon its vapour lock. It used to happen to me with Stihl HH blowers if it sat in the sun for any length of time.
I was never able to find a mechanical solution and the dealers said theres nothing wrong. Cracking fuel caps etc did nothing!

I used to cover it with a clippings bag or put it under the ute in the shade before use and it would be fine.

Thats my answer actually. Just try and keep it shaded/cool. It was a pita for sure but its all you can do! I ended up having to buy something else!

Did you get it from Hinterland mowers? Thats where I got my Stihl blowers from. They were like….:i dunno: cos they couldn't replicate the issue.

What you could do is park out the front with the trimmer in the sun. Go have some lunch leaving everything out front in the sun, come back after an hour or so and tell them (mechanic included) to come out and try and get it started. Thats replicating the issue!

Dealers know of these issues but will refuse to admit to them!

GQdude
11-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Thanks for your reply Mick. No it wasn't Hinterland, they were sold out of Kawasaki's.
The shop I bought it from have been helpful, just can't replicate it as they won't leave the brush cutter in the sun for theft reasons. Next step is they are going to try and get a replacement carby for me to try.

Mick
11-12-2013, 09:33 PM
No worries. Let us know if it is the carb though.
Getting back to the Stihl blowers I had… I bought one which I loved the power but as soon as summer hit, it just wouldnt run. I could get it to start but it wouldnt get revs up. I dealt with it for quite a while putting it in shade etc then bought another thinking it was just that blower. Nope, the new one was exactly the same. Same as you, took it to dealer and couldnt replicate it etc.
I'll probably never buy a Stihl product again or buy from that shop. Just hopeless!

I wish you luck and hope it is just the carb.

GQdude
13-12-2013, 11:20 AM
Mick, my Stihl BG85 does the same thing but I've learn't how to play with the choke leaver and throttle, after 5-10 seconds it runs like a trooper. My gear sits in a side mounted metal cabinet on my trailer. Unfortunatly even with a few vents the gear gets quite hot in summer. My blower even does the schweppervescence thing when I undo the fuel cap.

Andy B
28-01-2014, 05:56 PM
I bought my second kbl27c last spring, nothing but a pain in the butt, my first one never missed a beat, probably would start first go if I put it back together. The new one has the problem as stated above. Not sure when it needs choke to start and when it doesn't...

Redeye
28-01-2014, 06:28 PM
haven't looked at my two 27a's for a couple of years, makita all the way now

GQdude
28-01-2014, 07:56 PM
Since my last post I've had 2 different carbies and a new coil fitted. Still has the fault.

BSD
28-01-2014, 08:18 PM
Well I won't be buying one of these things now....I have some cheap domestic stuff and they go like the clappers, just my opinion.
I bought my second kbl27c last spring, nothing but a pain in the butt, my first one never missed a beat, probably would start first go if I put it back together. The new one has the problem as stated above. Not sure when it needs choke to start and when it doesn't...

Andy B
29-01-2014, 05:17 PM
Well I won't be buying one of these things now....I have some cheap domestic stuff and they go like the clappers, just my opinion.

Yeah apparently Kwaka are getting out of the hand tools long term (so I heard?), love the power to weight ratio though. You can cut a hole along the ground to form an edge no worries with the Kwaka but it may as well be a cheapie if it doesn't start after 11am... :) No more cheap domestic stuff for me, great when starting out but always ends up uneconomical to repair within a year.

GQdude
06-03-2014, 06:17 PM
After 5 months of back and forwards with my machine to the shop, they offered me a refund. So today I picked up a new Shindiawa T260x from the same shop. Fingers crossed, can't wait to try it out.

Andy B
25-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Good on them!

I've got mine working on hot days more often than not, it floods too easy I reckon, never more than 2 primes and usually only one after the first go of the day. But my new issue is cutting out when operating with less than half a tank, I give the thing a shake to get the pick up to the bottom but it's happening more than I like to admit. On the bright side I never run out of fuel...

GQdude
26-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Good on them!

I've got mine working on hot days more often than not, it floods too easy I reckon, never more than 2 primes and usually only one after the first go of the day. But my new issue is cutting out when operating with less than half a tank, I give the thing a shake to get the pick up to the bottom but it's happening more than I like to admit. On the bright side I never run out of fuel...

I had that issue as well but again couldn't replicate it in the shop. Loving the new Shindiawa.

VJinTownsville
09-06-2014, 08:22 PM
I got the same issue with the 2nd kbl but very rarely though unless I am turning it upside down when changing cords. Lucky I have everything undercover to keep things cool