PDA

View Full Version : Hate being sick

APS_QLD
03-11-2004, 12:04 PM
Damn day started off well took the good lady to work, started feeling ill on the way there going down hill further on way home, now feel like shi^.

Middle of the day nothing bloody done i'm already behind let alone falling further behind :mad: :mad:.

But what can u do you get sick you have to look after yourself or things could get worse and end up more time off. So may have to do some easy stuff sharpen blades or something so day not wasted. :sad: :sad:

Looks like more big days coming up, problem is i think it is exhaustion thats causing the problem looks like i have to push harder for the ride on or get help.

Anyone else have days like this.

Brian

mojo111
03-11-2004, 06:36 PM
Get the ztr Brian.
Because the works only going to get harder now we have rain . :Rain:
Paying money to an offsider is dead money :mad: , ya can get more done with the Z than an offsider IMO. It works for me. :laughing: :laughing:

Rod
03-11-2004, 06:48 PM
Who can afford to get sick?

mick
03-11-2004, 07:09 PM
First or second year into my own mowing business, I fell off a balcony and fractured 4 vert in my back, broke my wrist and had some internal bleeding and bruised lower bum bone. I took 3 or 4 days off and had to get back into it. Trimming with a broken left wrist is NOT fun, let alone the possible ramifications of lifting stuff with a broken back! I got through it though and only lost a few grand by not being able to take on any more work! :dean: :sad: It put the business back probably 2 or 3 years!

These days, if I fell sick after 10am, back to bed or the video shop!

I remember when I turned 20. I got the flew so bad it put me in bed for 2 weeks straight. I got a cheap guitar for my birthday so at least I learned how to play that thing! EAD EAD EAD EAD EAD GCA GCA GCA................................... :russ: :russ: :russ:

Hope you feel better soon mate.

GregG
03-11-2004, 08:44 PM
Its a plague I woke up feeling 2ND hand and now feeling 3rd hand. Damn sore throat and lethargic, its going thru the whole family.

APS_QLD
03-11-2004, 10:04 PM
I can understand the GET OFF YEAH AS$ and do it but WHY......... if yeah sick reat its the body saying something. I don't mean trival shi^ but when u feel really down and out TIME to RNR otherwise you will regret it in the long run.

I have fould some clients care others don;t give a shi% just do the lawn :sad: :sad: . Just as well i have none of them.

Brian

mick
03-11-2004, 11:18 PM
I wasnt saying Get off ya azz! I'd had a 6'y plus of bourbon and coke cans and told a story is all!

I'm the biggest whinger in the world when I get sick! Luckily I dont get sick very often (touch wood) but when I do, I get real sick and I make sure everyone knows it! hehe

When I get sick, I dont work and if customers dont like, too bad! Everyone get sick sooner or later!

Hope you feel better soon.
That goes for you too Greg!

Alex Callaghan
03-11-2004, 11:51 PM
Sorry to hear ya crook Brian.

Just think yourself lucky ya don't have gastrointerites (spelling :i dunno: )
I got that in NZ and I was keen on knocking me self off over going through more of it.
Spent 36 or so hours either over the toilet bowl or asleep on the toilet floor and waking up evry 10 min to puke.
Not the go!!

Who can afford to get sick?

Me!

Get accident and injury insurance.

Great piece of mind IMO

APS_QLD
04-11-2004, 06:40 AM
10 years approximately i managed to get a strain of Ross River Fever, talk about a weight loss program you not to be on. I lost over 6 kilos in a week and was a very sick lad to say the least. Took over 8 months to sort of get over it enough to work again. Even get relaspes every now and again which lasts for a day or so.

I'm like you i get sick everyone will know about it :laughing: :laughing:

Brian

AJD Mowing
09-05-2013, 08:30 AM
I have just called today off cz feel like sh$t. My worker is also sick. We had a full day today, garden cleanup then mulch all the garden beds. I had 3 m2 mulch delivered yesterday and that's sitting on their drive in big bails. Just looking at my diary trying to work out a re schedule. Every day is full :frightene

Think I will go back to bed and worry about that later when I feel a bit better :)