PDA

View Full Version : My New AD! :)

Tonyr
08-11-2004, 02:02 PM
Putting this ad in a lawn and garden promo in 2 local papers, waddareckon??

How can I make it better??

Ebony
08-11-2004, 02:04 PM
haha, very good Tony - quite amusing ;)

With the website & Email addy, I would consider making the website larger (spread it out, no need to go higher tho) as they can get your email from there type of thing. Really no need to put both, just a thought

Ebony

Tonyr
08-11-2004, 02:13 PM
Thanks Eb!

They said it would shock me! LOL!

I have asked for email and www to be enlarged/clearer...and the spelling mistake in MOVING! LOL!

That is $180, 2 newspaper promos and 1 editorial of my little goat biz! Not cheap, but grass ia a growin' here, and got in with a developer this morning, no quote, just start cuttin' son! Wow!

wouldn't be dead for quids !

Ebony
08-11-2004, 02:17 PM
Illustration of what I was thinking...

You will see that it is the same height, it’s just more spread out and therefore looks bigger

Ebony
08-11-2004, 02:19 PM
Oops, the website in the left hand example was meant to be black text, was an accident, I clicked on the link and as a result it obviously showed the visited link color.

Great to hear it's going well there Tony, grass should be growing pretty much everywhere now I would Think

Ebony

Stuie
08-11-2004, 06:23 PM
Nice add Tony.
Like it so much im gonna steal it!
LOL :rolleyes:
STUART

Tonyr
08-11-2004, 06:29 PM
Thanks guys!

Good point Eb, I'll call em 1st thing tomorrow and see if they can still do that, looks much better....but it may be too late, dunno, can only try.

Stuart, mate, anything for you.... ;frosty;

should of seen what the little red lawnmower did today, of all days to forget the camera! even i was surprised!

Stuie
08-11-2004, 06:49 PM
Great price you got for the paper with a bit of an advertorial in it.Should be a ripper! :)
My local paper THE ST GEORGE AND SUTHERLAND SHIRE LEADER that would be about $10 K.Well not that much but a pricy paper :sad: as Ebony can testify as she sorted out our initial adds in it years ago.
STUART

mojo111
08-11-2004, 07:29 PM
Mate that goat looks like its been eating hooch grass not cooch LOL :laughing: he looks spaced :laughing: :laughing:

Good Add mate, very funny. :laughing: :laughing:

Tonyr
08-11-2004, 07:48 PM
That little fat fella is really me, and that spaced out goat is really my 'Toro', I been B.S ing yas for a long time lol!

Well I am in the country yas know! :laughing: :laughing:

Least it ain't no sheep, then yas would be asking what "exactly" am I doing behind it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

APS_QLD
08-11-2004, 08:10 PM
I still will tony LOL What you doing behind that goat hmmmmmmmm :i dunno: oh yeah ...........managing the fertilzer spreading ....... what a "perfect mowing service" goat eats ... shi$ fertilzer and the little fat bloke behind is full of it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Eye catching at least Tony :)

Only kidding Tony about the goat shi$ing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Brian

Tonyr
08-11-2004, 08:37 PM
Ha Ha Ha! Bloody hell....Are you over at Stuey's place on the piss tonight ya plonka??

Ahhhhh, I knew I could could count on you to take the pizz outa me LOL! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Stuie
08-11-2004, 08:56 PM
Better be careful what section the goat appears under.Dont want it to accidently appear under the Personals! LOL :laughing:

Geez too hard a day .Im losing it!

GregG
08-11-2004, 09:01 PM
Great ad tony but the goat must be red if it is to be authentic :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tonyr
08-11-2004, 09:12 PM
Hey, unlike these other turkeys here tonight, you make a valid point...unlike me other great ol' mates! ;frosty; ;frosty; :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :help:

What about a red side stripe?

Make the goat go faster! :p

The goat should have a straw hat too!

Hey, much rain down the coast mate?

Been dry for a few days here now, got my trenches done and cables etc put in on my block the other day, just waiting for bloody council inspections before we can fill em in. Got my 9k enviro sewerage system all finished, bloody rip off, took 200 sm!

sharon
09-11-2004, 07:34 PM
How did you train the goat? It did pass my mind once to hire out goats to eat the grass :wave-hi: sharon Oh it does look good. :wave-hi:

Tonyr
09-11-2004, 07:41 PM
LOL Sharon, oh what a clever goat that one! ha ha ha.

Tonyr
12-11-2004, 12:27 PM
This is the final version of the goat, please people stop emailing me saying it is ya bloody cousin too!

Crikey!

Moe
12-11-2004, 06:30 PM
Thats a bloody top ad tony, I hope you do well out of it.

Tonyr
12-11-2004, 08:21 PM
Thanks mate!

Yeah, the goat seems to be popular, quite a few sudden calls since the goat introduced itself! LOL!

So much for the big manly brutal Toro!! :)

APS_QLD
12-11-2004, 10:33 PM
Tony,

Let me guess the GOATS name is TORO and little fat fella is rid...hmm errrrrr steering her.......... nice goat :D :D :D nice goat :D :D :D. Where does the fuel go ...............hmmmmmmmmm its ok no need to answer that :o :o :p :p .

Better leave now before i get disbarred :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Brian

Tonyr
12-11-2004, 10:45 PM
ahhhhh ya plonka, everyone knows nothing can beat a TORO POWERED GOAT!! :laughing: :laughing:

That little fat fella is really me, I posed for the arteeest....need to get a faster goat to burn the calories! ha ha ha.

But ya do know, the bloke and goat are supposed to mimmick the client doin it the the hard way, so call knucklehead me to do it faster and easier right?

I have to ask as everyone is thinking the pic is of me and goat as mower, it is client....seriously I'm hoping people know that otherwise the ad isn't sending out the correct message...

How do the rest of you wackas see the ad?

Do yas get the intended meaning I mean?

Stuie
13-11-2004, 06:59 AM
How do the rest of you wackas see the ad?

Do yas get the intended meaning I mean?

I think i get it.... :i dunno:
You are calling your customers goats? Ive called my customers many things but never a goat! Have i latched on to the real meaning? :i dunno:
Stuart

Rod
13-11-2004, 07:09 AM
Tony,

I have enlarged your ad in "Photo shop."

Looks like the guy is wearing "Gumboots" and the Goats back legs are in the "Gumboots" too!

It also looks like he is trying to push the goat towards/over a cliff?

Thats why the goats eyes are bulging!

Is this what you saw Stuart?

Ha Ha just stirring "Ya Plonka."

Stuie
13-11-2004, 07:39 AM
Tony,
I have enlarged your ad in "Photo shop."
Looks like the guy is wearing "Gumboots" and the Goats back legs are in the "Gumboots" too!
It also looks like he is trying to push the goat towards/over a cliff?
Thats why the goats eyes are bulging!
Is this what you saw Stuart?
Ha Ha just stirring "Ya Plonka."
Dont know what i saw? :ebony: Im trying not to use my imagination now its too corrupted.
I just had a thought could this be the basis for the new indy stickers? :confused: EB? or are you staying out of this? :p

Tonyr
13-11-2004, 09:37 AM
This Plonka Pay Back or What?? :laughing: ;frosty;

The little fat bloke who looks like me is meant to be client, goat is meant to similate slow, rough cut mower of client, (some of my competion has ride ons here that I reckon that goat could out perform!)

BUT I did get hired by that client with goat, he couldn't pay, said I could have goat for 1/2 hour instead! ;frosty; :p hmmmm! LOL!

Unlike you blokes I chose to take goat home in payment of debt, no not for that reason!!!!!!!

So now I've got a ***y goat! I am trying to cross breed the Torrrrro and Goat to breed a faster more efficient ***ier goat though! :p :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

APS_QLD
13-11-2004, 06:45 PM
Tony,

I got the meaning of the add, i was just having some fun if i knew this would get you thinking have i done the right message, I would have given more **** to play mind games wiff yeah :D :D :D. Only joking.

In my humble opinion for what its worth. If it was me i would of had the client (you) looking a lot sadier and say some sweet coming off the face, redder face like it was a real chore, not a happy person (client) with evil intent on the goat oppppppsssssssssss sorry :o :o ;)

I may have even had the client pushing a mower and it, with say a few puffs of smoke coming out of the motor, wheels wobbling and looking like it was really struggling to mow the grass.

But hey tony you have already said you have had calls if i am correct so the add is working so run with it.

Brian

Tonyr
13-11-2004, 10:07 PM
I may have even had the client pushing a mower and it, with say a few puffs of smoke coming out of the motor, wheels wobbling and looking like it was really struggling to mow the grass.

=======

yeah, i hear ya mate.

their idea was to come up with something different, this feature had me and other mower seller on it, so lots of mower pics, to to stand out they did something different.

i would like to of seen the goat with straw hat and eyes and heat stressed client working the goat to mow his yard, funny, some yards i do are that bad!

Yeah, the ad ain't meant to be me and goat, it's client doing it the hard way with a goat sayin', 'there is an easier way' or something...
ad is working nice, so is yellow pages this season so far, bout time!
i'm now even spanning my radious of the bay city 25 kms now to do mow only acreages, 15 tops previously, this has opened up a lot of work. charge 1 dollar one way travel, 60 to 80 per acre mow only, great results.