PDA

View Full Version : mulchdeck

NLALM
21-11-2004, 05:04 PM
Do any of you guys know anything about mulch decks for walker mowers Id like to know how well they work before I take the plunge any help would be much appreciated :

pbm
21-11-2004, 07:45 PM
I have a mulch kit for the 42 inch s/d deck. Does a good job but I must admit I don't use it much, I tend to catch or side discharge as we have had such a wet winter and spring in Melbourne I was getting too much build up of wet grass under the deck. When summer comes around I will use it more. Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Tonyr
21-11-2004, 08:36 PM
Hi Mark,

I almost bought one way back, they run with 6 blades, lower and upper set on the 52'' (?) decks off memory...

I've heard a lot of comments about them, love hate stuff, back then walker in brissy couldn't give them away, and lots were traded near new.

On the american site I read comments as well, lawnsite.com for the dollars I'd like to test one before buying one put it that way!

But, they may of improved them since 2000 when I looked at them, walker are pretty inventive bunch, I'd say if they could be improved they would of been, they have improved their mowers over time.

Yeah, so mate all I can say as goes with mowers goes for decks, demo, demo.

Mulching is the way to go though, a goods mulcher is the only way to go!

good luck.

Grillonz
22-11-2004, 03:51 PM
For what it is worth Walker 42" & 48" decks are now being made as side discharge/ mulch combo decks here in NZ. The mulch system is the best I have seen. They were built to run on the model MS Walker so use very little hoursepower.
Happy mowing
James

Indyanswer
01-12-2004, 01:34 AM
walker would be happy to let you try there machines b4 buying surely ;dealers;

big company like that makin a fortune of there mowers and spares surely they would let us demo there stuff b4 buying maybe we should ask
what do u think :russ: