PDA

View Full Version : Blokes World

Alex Callaghan
26-11-2004, 10:57 AM
Do any of you whackas watch "Blokes World" on channel 10?

Bloody tops show!

Anyway.........did anybody see it last night?
They had all these Kubota mowers on and where kinda demoing them.
They took the ZD28 for a spin!

The shows too bloody good!
I just reackon it dosn't go for long enough.

If ya havn't seen it do ya self a favour!

Tonyr
26-11-2004, 01:38 PM
na mate, not up here, too many old geeeeezers, not blokes lol.

Just outa courosity, how did the zd28 go?

Top lookin' rig in mags, if they weren't 28k and I was in an area with lots of open mowing I'd love one. All that nice paneling would get scratched too much here, but they got the looks!

whatis your thoughts on gas verses petrol for us ride on blokes?
Do ya reckon diesels will eventually be more popular to the average ride on lawnie than petrol mowers?

at the end of the day diesel is cheapest by consumption, but mowers are heavier and cost a lot more....you'd almost have to be council or workin the thing 40 hours a week to justify it...

how do you blokes all see it?

Oh well, if that was lunch i've had it....back to conquer a jungle!
True! I'll try to remember to get pics!

Alex Callaghan
26-11-2004, 03:48 PM
G'day Mate,

I reackon you'd get it up your way mate?!
It's on Channel 10 on Fridays at 12.30am.
Only reason It was on last night was cause of that Seinfield marathon rubbish thats on tonight.
Have a look next Friday mate!
Best bit'a telly you'll ever see!!!
IMO without a shadow of a dought its the best show on telly!

ZD28...............Ya didn't get to see much mate.
Just gave the low down on what us lawnies already know........................Hydrulic wheel motors, 28hp, deck assist etc.
They ran it around in some pretty long grass for a bit and it "seemed" like it was cutting well but no real insight into how it goes.
I just though it was pretty tops that they had the ZD28 on blokes world.
V8's, Chicks pole dancing, mowers, dirt bikes, beer and heaps of other top stuff......................Ya can't go wrong!!!

The ZD28 looks great I reackon but I wouldn't wana put me money where me mouth is without a good demo but as ya say they bloody look good!
I reackon diesel is the way to go mate.
They're just very expencive to buy and repair as we know but having said that you'r getting that reliability and low running costs that diesels are know for so IMO if you can afford one even if ya just doing resie stuff and a bit of comercial (no Government) it would pay to put one on ya trailer.
Also ya get more tourqe out of a diesel. In Aussie conditions torque is pretty important if you ask me.
You can have all the power in the world but the tourqe it what eats long grass for brecky.
As I see it you want as much tourqe as you can get for the long stuff cause at the end of the day thats whats gunna keep the blade tip speed up where you want it and stop ya bogging down.

Lot of pros that go with the diesels and with cons that only refer to money it all comes down to what you can afford.
$hit.............I'd stick a diesel on the trailer over a petrol anyday if I could afford one :russ:

Tonyr
26-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Thanks Alex, good reply!

12.30 AM....that is just after midnight ain't it??

How do ya reckon an old bloke like me can stay up that late, LOL!

Just got in, I'll see if the jungle pics are worth posting and do so later if are....found the toro's limit today! Almost had to bring out the goat!! Bloody long ferral couch and wirey bush grasses today made me to half width cuts, 1st time! I was running old mulch blades, and had flow wing baffle off, tooo lazy to set up for the job....i'm getting bloody lazy! ha ha ha.

Alex Callaghan
26-11-2004, 10:29 PM
12.30 AM....that is just after midnight ain't it??

Haa.........You'll just have to force ya old body to stay up that late mate!! :p
Ya wont regret it!!!!

mick
27-11-2004, 09:28 AM
I clicked "New Posts" last night and this thread didnt come up. Starting to not trust that feature!

Diesel, my JD is a 24hp Yanmar 3 cylinder diesel (dont ask for more specs than that) It does bog down in heavy millit/long stuff but with 350 hrs on it and no problems. I love it!

If I could afford a diesel Z then I would get one for sure. I was told by my JD dealler that JD have one coming out for around $24k. See how that goes!

Blokes World..... Never heard of it but will check it out if I can/remember!

Alex Callaghan
27-11-2004, 07:09 PM
Mick, I wasn't saying that diesels didn't bog down (if thats what ya thought :i dunno: )
I was just saying that a diesel engine produces more tourque than a comparable petrol engine.
Diesels also produce their max tourqe much lower in the rev range than a petrol so that has got to be a big plus in the thick n long stuff!

Don't miss blokes world mate!!
You'll bloody love it!!!

mick
27-11-2004, 08:19 PM
Its cool mate. Was just saying mine does in heavy long cr@p! I reckon any mower would sort of stuff! :rolleyes:

Blokes World. I saw it in the guide before. Yep, will check it out.