PDA

View Full Version : Work Pics! Show off ya good/bad!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Tonyr
26-11-2004, 07:42 PM
OK, girls, we hear a lot of talk here, and I read recently those who post through the day must have wifes that work and indicated maybe some of us were keyboard contractors...or something! lol.

My day does have gaps, acreage work is like that at times, so just to prove I do actually work occasionally here are some pics from today, more on my web site...

Tonyr
26-11-2004, 07:45 PM
Here is one I mow fortnightly since winter, mainly carpet grass, couch, green panick...this is a 1 acre back yard.

Tonyr
26-11-2004, 07:51 PM
This place was a jungle, took me 3 hours! Mow and trim...now a reg.

How much would you sheilers charge??

Here are a few before and afters, wish I took ones of the front! bumma!

This is a before side shot and after...

Tonyr
26-11-2004, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I know, that was an easy bit lol.

This was harder! Before and after of rear yard...

Tonyr
26-11-2004, 08:04 PM
Trust me, that was long and wet in most parts, pic doesn't show that! Big job!

This is a before and after of 2 half acre blocks behind back yard, This was Toro's 1st job I had to mother it with, long couch, damp, long wallum grass etc, very tough!

Was like cutting wire the stuff was so tough! Plus real wire, iron, sticks, stumps, tyres, holes etc!

Well this 3 acre mess, how much would you blokes and bloketttes charge??

Tonyr
26-11-2004, 08:15 PM
Sorry to say chickens, no this wasn't done with a yellow canary or flower mower, or an orange mandarin thang, it was done with this mighty goat!

Alex Callaghan
26-11-2004, 08:26 PM
I read recently those who post through the day must have wifes that work and indicated maybe some of us were keyboard contractors...or something! lol.

Wheres that post mate!!
I'm seriose! I'd really like to know!
Do ya remeber what post?

Nice work there mate.
I'll have to get some photos over the next week or so.

RE: the three acre lot...................If it truly is three acres ( can't see ya mower being able to handel that heeeeee) the grass aint that long.
I'd be going in at a $170 - $200 price bracket.

mick
26-11-2004, 08:46 PM
House #1... $100 to 120. Cos I kick @ss and it wouldnt take me 5 hrs! ;)

That second place, did you mow first then trim then mow again?

Cant give a price cos cant see the hole place but if it took you 3 hrs, it would take me 1hr so $100 to $120. (If I did it in an hour,,,, which I probably could cos I'm not mowing with a goat painted dark pink)

House #3... $50 so I could steal it off you!.... Roll me a low ball! ;frosty;

heheeeee :laughing:

Naaaa, they all came out good mate!

So how was the beer money? :wave-hi:

mick
26-11-2004, 10:12 PM
http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/showthread.php?p=7063#post7063

Just got home from worken all day.

Well, I've missed a party & a half of KRAP!

It's a forum, just a forum for mowing guys to try & get some advice b/4 they make mistakes, to give us peice of mind that what we are doing is right.

Lots of carry on - you blokes b_itch about franchising,HA! sooks.... They have the same issues...

Thank you Ebony, this is a great forum Dean, the lady should be congratulated

As for the carryon, you are grown men & by the looks of some of the times you've been on here , it's easy to see some of you blokes have working wife's.

Six years i've been doing this, even teaching Jims guys to run thier business's and survive a couple have- but thie tread takes the cake.

You bunch of soooks..............................

indmowing, you may need to look at charging a annual fee. To help with supporting the forum & other things to make indmowing something special...........

Infighting ---- well, you guys wonder why you can't find any work, I 'll give you some free advice

That gets your attention, dun it!

" Don't bite the hand that feeds ya!"

Pathetic !

As for people like moe, buy a franchise with Jim's- they need another looser, you'd fit right into that mould.

My 2 bobs worth!

Sorry, thats how I felt......now I'm better

Alex Callaghan
26-11-2004, 10:21 PM
Agghhh............that threads been locked up ay!

Unfortunate cause I'd love to have a dig!!

Tonyr
26-11-2004, 10:57 PM
Yep, that's the one mate...guess I'm one of those, wife does work, and somehow I run this little biz and still find times to post ramdomly throughout the day, I live central to my jobs and call in throughout the day and many times check in and post...I usually have lunch at home.

Guess I must be a wannabe with a big mower or somethin'...

anyway...I posted one pic, #1, of a nice new job I have, just wanted to show off a nice job, takes 1 hour unload to load, $80, has a front lawn and gardens etc...good job. Good client.

The before and afters are one I did this arvo, a bloody jungle!
Those pics look tame I agree, it was a rough one, down back was unreal! Lots of trees out front, lots of brushcutting, lots of everything, the stuff out back was thick and 3ft high in back paddock, near paddock was couch and that ****y stuff , sweet miliot, bog a duck that stuff, goes to sap when ya cut it.

And damp long couch, my mower hates it, especially with mulch blades on LOL!

It was all 1 job those before and afters, obviously there was a lot I didn't picture, but those back paddocks with mulch blades and no baffle director really made a difference! this clean up was $200.
I go back this coming week and spray gardens, edges etc...

Big ugly ongoing thang....

One of those jobs ya look at and say WTF!! Jungles! Least it is a bit better and now a reg. One of those where ya wish ya had a networking indy member to help out, but none here want to network...or work ha ha ha

Was gunna call you pair, but thought ya might be too busy :laughing:

I can easily cut that time in half next cut...it's all good as Eb says :)

Now this keyboard contractor is ready for bed, hard week, done a bloody lot of work this last few weeks, those who think I am just a joke here making out I'm a fairdinkim cutter, must remember my part of the industry is a bit different to metro stuff, I mow a ****load of square metres in a week, and in summer make a ****load of bucks, so please don't publically judge others you know /'****all.'/ about.

There are only a few of us large areas guys here, same industry, different niche, and to be critisised by people in other niches is amusing really. If I can still check in here throughout a day and still run a biz means I can, not something I should be critisised about.

Ok, now it's time for this glorified grass cutter (and proud of it) to hit the sack, not much glory in my world I'll admit though, just dust and hard work! LOL!

Alex Callaghan
26-11-2004, 11:23 PM
There are only a few of us large areas guys here, same industry, different niche, and to be critisised by people in other niches is amusing really.

Ya not wrong mate!

I have 50k worth of equipment and vehical and pay the bills the mortgage, loans etc, etc, etc but I'm just a keyboard jocky!
Haaaa

As you say Tony.......the sector of the industrie that we are in allows us to come home for lunch etc.
I know for me, I've been catching up on tax over the last couple of days and have had a couple of my subies taking care of the operations stuff.

If I make a post at 10.30am I shouldn't have to justify it!
Cracks me up that some bloke that runs his a$$ around all day with a 21'' is trying to take the micky out of me :laughing:

I'll run my biz how ever the f@ck I want and that includes when I'm at home doing admin stuff and using subies, when I come home for lunch or when I just wanna take the day off because in this industrie sector we don't have to run around with a 21'' 8hrs plus 5 days a week all the year round to pay the bills.
Different specs and operations for different jobs!!

Gota say though (snicker) thanks for watching my financial/buisness back for me :laughing:
If I ever need someone to help me turn my biz into somthing where I have to work my a$$ of for crap money year round I know who to call :laughing:

Topcat
27-11-2004, 07:59 AM
Got YA!

19" honda toy ;frosty;

don't depend on cutten grass, I't wasn't personnal ;)

We all do our thing, differently

Ya don't have to justify yourself, your the boss- so don't :cool:

If I choose to work my a$$ of, my choise, crap money for a crap job! ya gotta do a crap job, I must appologies as I don't have any crap money jobs." I can walk away!" I leave them for guys who like crap work for crap $$$.beer boys like em!

As ya said- Different specs & operations for different jobs! :rolleyes:

Thanks for your input...another keyboard jocky

Ebony
28-11-2004, 05:58 AM
Great photos (and work of course) Tony.

So where are everyone elses pics?

Tonyr
28-11-2004, 09:08 AM
Thank you Ebony.

Yeah, I gotta say it's hard to challenge a goat powered, goat fixated, goat seduced Torrrrrrrro! LOL!

And more of the same this week!

lookin' forward to winter already, tired boy!

APS_QLD
28-11-2004, 02:44 PM
I will get some photos up soon, been away fishing for 4 days :D :D :D :D and before anyone wonders why i can do that. I'm the boss and i made the time. :D :D :D :D. Phone ran hot while away and one indy member coped a bit of work out of it :) :) he's happy i guess, and i am relaxed and ready to fire.

Of course the amount of work the next couple of months i not want to even think about.

Brian

Alex Callaghan
02-12-2004, 08:46 PM
4 Acre lot this arv/evening.

Not a hard job as far as long grass goes as these plonkas are an every ten day'a but there lots of whipering and tree trimming here as well as some areas needing heavy duty brush cutting.

Been servicing this account for about a year...........$220 a pop.
She's slow to pay but ya get that.
Not a bad account all the same.

Alex Callaghan
02-12-2004, 09:08 PM

APS_QLD
02-12-2004, 09:10 PM
Nice looking job Alex, what mower you running?

Brian

Alex Callaghan
02-12-2004, 09:11 PM
I have more piccys but this site has become a bit of a load of rubbish RE: the amount of pics you can upload!!!

I have seven attachments and It's telling me I can't up load any more.................It's a bloody joke :laughing:

Tonyr
02-12-2004, 09:15 PM
Bloody nice work Alex....looks like ya finally got yaself a new Torrrro eh?? ;frosty;

Nive leave clean up....here they don't call me until it is too long for their rider, bloody pathetic tight asses here mate....so when I get good reggies I really look after them.

Nice work!

Alex Callaghan
02-12-2004, 09:19 PM
Brian,

61'' Great Dane with a mulch kit on the open stuff and running a 52" Great Dane side discharging for all the trim.

Wish the forum would let me post the rest of my pics :(

Alex Callaghan
02-12-2004, 09:35 PM
Cheers Tony.

I've got myself a couple of beasts that are a sh!t load better than a goat..........I mean Toro mate ;frosty; Hehe

One day you'll see the light and be riding a beast thats yellow ...................and NO Iaint talkin Hustler yellow me ol mate :)

Alex Callaghan
02-12-2004, 09:48 PM

mick
03-12-2004, 05:36 PM
Sure looks like a lot of trimming there mate!
How long does it take to trim around all the trees etc.
How long for the hole job with mow?

Good job anyway!

Alex Callaghan
03-12-2004, 05:55 PM
About 1hour 40min to trim.
Includes about 700m of nature strip and a few other spots that ya can't see in the pics.

About 2hrs 30mins to mow including same spots ya can't see etc.

mick
03-12-2004, 06:03 PM
Is that 2.5hrs total or is it 4hrs odd total?

Hell of a lot to trimming! :frightene

Alex Callaghan
03-12-2004, 06:05 PM
bout 4 hours total.

It is alot of trimming but aint nothin compared to some others I do.

mick
03-12-2004, 06:21 PM
4hrs :i dunno:

What, do you take a nap or something half way through it! :p

I know, its those slow azz yellow canaries you ride!

Should try the Green and Yella! Now theres a machine! :wave-hi:

hehe

GregG
03-12-2004, 08:59 PM
Brian,

61'' Great Dane with a mulch kit on the open stuff and running a 52" Great Dane side discharging for all the trim.

Wish the forum would let me post the rest of my pics :(

What do ya mean "for all the trim" with the 52in??? around trees or for overgrown/thick stuff ??

Is the mulch kit on the 62in a full mulch kit and how does it go ??

mick
03-12-2004, 09:25 PM
I would imagine, trim in close to the house, between trees, narrow places that the "big dog" couldnt fit!

Big Dog! hmmmm. I like it! :laughing:

Alex Callaghan
03-12-2004, 09:45 PM
Yeh........Pretty much.

Greg...........The idea is that I trim (whippersnip) first sending all the clippings away from whatever I'm trimming around/along then run around the perimeters, trees, fence lines etc side-discharging into the path of the "big dog" (hehe.......Thats pretty cleaver Mick).
I use the 52" as a "trim" mower.

The 61'' has a fully baffeled kit and I run doubles.
It works great as you can see in the pics but thats what ya get when ya run Danes ;frosty;
Not somthing alot of you whackas would know about....................Having a mower that dose a good job that is...............Haaaa :russ:

Alex Callaghan
03-12-2004, 10:03 PM
Typo:

"Greg...........The idea is that I trim (whippersnip) first sending all the clippings away from whatever I'm trimming around/along then run around the perimeters , trees, fence lines etc ussing the trim side of the 52"er side-discharging into the path of the "big dog" (hehe.......Thats pretty cleaver Mick).
I use the 52" as a "trim" mower."

Topcat
05-12-2004, 08:01 PM
A picture of a job I maintain regularly about every 3 weeks & I mow his lawn :rolleyes:

I have spent most of this winter landscaping their yard, & it looks great!

GregG
05-12-2004, 08:55 PM
Typo:

"Greg...........The idea is that I trim (whippersnip) first sending all the clippings away from whatever I'm trimming around/along then run around the perimeters , trees, fence lines etc ussing the trim side of the 52"er side-discharging into the path of the "big dog" (hehe.......Thats pretty cleaver Mick).
I use the 52" as a "trim" mower."

I understand the whipper trimming bit but if big dog has the mulch kit why can't ya just use it or is it that the puppy (52incher) fits into the smaller spaces better??

If ya use doubles on big dog are they mulching blades??

Alex Callaghan
05-12-2004, 09:52 PM
Greg,
52'' just fits into smaller spaces better etc and easyer to zip around with... plus if all the debris is out in the open arfter I've used the 52'' it's less hassel with the 61.

I double up with Gators and high lifts. Works great but I havn't really tried anything else as far as running doubles goes.
When I get the time and inclination I reackon I might try some other combos.

Dennis,

Looks tops mate nice work on the L/scape.
Did you do all the structual bits or just re-veg?

Topcat
08-12-2004, 11:59 AM
That job there Alex, I just do regular maintenance on, Trimming and general stuff.

Their backyard is where I worked over the last winter pic's will follow later ;)

Alex Callaghan
10-12-2004, 10:11 PM
Vacant blocks

Alex Callaghan
10-12-2004, 10:17 PM

Alex Callaghan
10-12-2004, 10:27 PM

Alex Callaghan
10-12-2004, 10:34 PM

Tonyr
10-12-2004, 11:26 PM
Hey, Nice pics Alex! Top work!

What type of grass is that...don't say green ! LOL!

Alex Callaghan
10-12-2004, 11:36 PM
First lot is mixture of carpet, paspalum, ferns, woody small lantana and a whole lot of other stuff.

Second lots are mainly buffalow with bits of paspalum through it.

Topcat
11-12-2004, 06:07 AM
Alex, when you mow that long grass, does your mower go through using full width of the blades or do you go through 1/2 at a time. Interested, and tony is it the same with your red goat muncher.. ;)

APS_QLD
11-12-2004, 06:15 AM
Damn that grass is as long as i get asked to mow with a bloody pushie :frightene. I can see why they wanted you to cut it ......... apart from being long you found thier dog :laughing: :laughing:.

Nice job.

Tonyr
11-12-2004, 09:21 AM
TopCat, mate sometimes I cut using half the deck if it's say very long /wet/thick etc, all depends on the job and what blades I'm running on the day. Usually on vacant blocks I use my oldest crappiest blades so usually they have little sail left, so they won't clear the deck as good blades would.

Grasses here are very stalky, I cut once to get 99%, then a flat tach run to take off stragglers.

Jobs that are maintained and less than a foot high I bite full decks, 1 pass no probs, regardless of thickness or blades.

In a day I could be doing nice acreage work, then a bush block bashing sticks n stones, then a couple of vacant blocks hitting wood and concrete, palm rubbish etc...and I don't change blades per job, only when blunt. But I will 'try' to batch up rough jobs to run my old blades on though....I will only run good blades on good blocks, never 1st timers.

the answer to your question, whatever it takes, no set rules.

Topcat
13-12-2004, 07:43 PM
Thanks Tony. I was glad to here you all look after your gear like us 19 inch pusher's! LOL

Another job just completed today. Not the best pic the photo was from phone, but ya can work it out. The rock is called "white ice" bluddy cost's $160.00 cub mtr, like gold- what a glare.

Ebony
15-12-2004, 05:33 AM
Great pics there guys

mick
17-12-2004, 08:20 PM
Heres some mowing I did today. Old horse paddock with Kykuyu and other rubbish! Long in places but generally pretty good!

One pass only!

Hope they dont take to long to load for ya's....

mick
17-12-2004, 08:29 PM
........................ :russ:

mick
17-12-2004, 08:33 PM
.................. :laughing:

mick
17-12-2004, 08:37 PM
............... :wave-hi:

mick
17-12-2004, 08:43 PM

mick
17-12-2004, 08:47 PM
....>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :aus-flag:

mick
17-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Last 2..................

mick
17-12-2004, 09:02 PM
Well..... Hope it didnt take too long for ya's to load that lot!
Match think 1st pic to 2nd last or something. Bla bla! :i dunno:

There was more up near the house and under power lines but nothing special! Took 2 hrs! The grass in places was pretty long as you can see from 1 or 2 pics. It was 1 pass only except the occasional spot like in the 1st pic (I think) that was just a quick run back over, had to do it anyway to get back into line sort of thing!!

Came up pretty good I reckon for 1st cut. The owners are ex mowin' people them selves and were happy! :)

GregG
18-12-2004, 08:12 AM
Nice bit of work therre Mick, how big is the property or mowed section that took 2 hours

mick
18-12-2004, 09:15 AM
Greg, the area in the pic is about 1.5acres, theres another area around the house which is sloped so had to take it easy. Theres also an area thats sorta bush that has power lines, I had to mow the track under the power lines, probably 100m long X 4 deck widths.

The grass in the field was pretty long in places and I took it very slow cos couldnt see if there was anything that could damage the mower,(very snakey too :frightene ) In the end there were only a couple of small rocks that I didnt even hit. Was happy about that!

It was cut a half deck height, dont know how many inches, probably around 3-4"

APS_QLD
18-12-2004, 02:14 PM
I'll be rude how much for that job. Look goods. Just want to get approxs so when i get my ride on i have an idea what to charge......... outside of a wounded bull :D :D :D.

Brian

mick
18-12-2004, 02:25 PM
I really didnt know how long it would take so just went on the $60/h... $120 all up. I had to stop a few time to take the pics etc so probably 1 3/4 hrs really. No trimming so mow and go!

Not the best money in the world but was ok for sitting on a mower just cruising around! :cool: No damage to blades etc so all good!

Lawnman
23-12-2004, 09:29 PM
ok guys heres one for yas i mow this every 2 weeks in summer
and 3 weeks in winter ,takes me 2hrs all reel and rotary work.
discard the dates on photos they where taken about 2.5 yrs ago
i had just scalped it was getting too sponggy,and the lines on mounds wernt defiying enough.
try doing that with ya ride on mowers lol ;frosty;

Alex Callaghan
23-12-2004, 11:05 PM
Lawnman,

Top property!!
Yes.........Looks like a tuff job!!
Especially mowing with a cylinder.
Bloody good job by the looks of things.

But.....All that said I'd have absolutly no issues what so ever.............any way....shape.....or fourm mowing those hills and doing a bang up job of it with a 52'' ZTR .

I'd try and I'd succeed and not only would it look bloody tops.. it would be economical for the owner :D

Viceroy
27-12-2004, 07:39 AM
Looks great
Good job mate :russ:

mick
27-12-2004, 10:19 AM
Where are the BMX bikes! Would of loved something like that as a kid!

Whats the thinking behind it! Is it there for a reason? :i dunno:

Is it Lawn Sculpture or something?

The people who come up with this stuff obviously dont mow! :i dunno:

I dont envy you mowing that mate! Looks like a Pain in the azz!

Lawnman
29-12-2004, 09:16 PM
Mick it is sculpture of some sort its a reverse or mirror image of the house and varanda,
and when the sun sets and shadows apear it all stands out really good.The owners are lanscapers.
i do next doors aswell which is lancaped to look like ocean waves rolling in,more looking like golf tees more like it but hey $$$ r good.

mick
30-12-2004, 05:30 PM
Speaking of golf course... He's one I prepared earlier, um , today actually!...

mick
30-12-2004, 05:34 PM
On the 10th :laughing: .............................. :i dunno:

ryancronin
30-12-2004, 06:44 PM
How much was that job

mick
30-12-2004, 07:28 PM
Ryan it was $50/hr with a total of 3.5 hours = $175

There was way more to it than pictured and very long in places. There rough area mower had broken down and they were desperate to get it mowed. People were loosing there balls! hehe

GregG
30-12-2004, 09:05 PM
Hey mick how big an area (acres) did ya do in that time as I would be looking at double that price at least $50 acre

mick
30-12-2004, 10:48 PM
Greg, there was no way of working out how many acres! Thats why I did it per hr! There were no square areas just driving around the fairway. Heaps of fig trees with the roots across the ground slowed me down not to mention the length and thickness of the couch and where it was being thrown. That pic shows really the only open bit of ground if you know what I mean. Also had to pick up some palm frons, wait for golfers to move on, driving out to the fairway, talking etc so it wasnt 3.5hrs constant mowing
This is regularly ferted/watered stuff that hadnt been mowed for a few weeks.

Really wasnt as straight forward as you may think.

If I was to hazard a guess, somewhere around the 3-4 acres or so but dont quote me on that!

Alex Callaghan
30-12-2004, 10:54 PM
Where are the fairways in the pics mick?

I can see one on the other side of the tree line (Thats more golf talk for ya) but is there one in the open area in the open space in the pic...........I cant tell where if thats rough meeting fairway (Golf talk)?

mick
30-12-2004, 11:07 PM
Al, Cant tell where the fairway is? Hmmm, I must be good! haaa

In the first pic, above the mower is the Fairway and the Tee's behind me.
This pic shows it I think! Fairway left, Tee right!

Really wish I'd taken more pics to show properly but thats life!

Alex Callaghan
30-12-2004, 11:19 PM
[QUOTE=mick]Al, Cant tell where the fairway is? Hmmm, I must be good! haaa
QUOTE]

Before pics I cant see the fairways over the long grass................Arfter pics can't see over the piles of clippings ya left everywhere ya grub ;frosty;

Hehe......Nah....that last pic is good. Bit more defenition to where tee, rough and fairway begin and end

So did ya leave clippings all over thier golf buggy paths arfter ya packed up and left mate :confused: ....... Thats a bit dodgy aint it ;frosty;

Also...........Last pic bottom kinda left area..........Whats the deal with all those clippings mate? :p :p

Being seriose now...........It was nicely done ol mate

For a JD :p :laughing:

mick
30-12-2004, 11:28 PM
Cheers mate! I was happy and so was... The man!

I asked him about the clippings and he said theyd sweep em up but I did the reverse blow thing from the deck which cleaned them up some!

Clippings have gotta go somewhere mate and as long as they wernt on the fairway its cool!

I would loved to of left the place with bugger all clipping on the grass etc but I let The Man pick the height and it was so thick they just sat on top.

He just needed it cut whick I was happy to do!

Always wanted to mow on a golf course. Next, an airport then a footy field! hehe Wheres that big Toro thing? hehe

Alex Callaghan
30-12-2004, 11:39 PM
Ya don't have to justifiy ya clipping dispersal...............I'm just playing with ya (friendly dig) and I reakon ya did a top job buddy.

This vacant block I do has an opening that has golf buggy tracks going right onto a golf coarse. I can see the some nice fairways etc from where I mow and I'm always tempted to just floor it down onto the fairways and have a mow!

Tonyr
31-12-2004, 08:56 AM
Ya Lucky Bugger!

Crikey, I don't get nice jobs like that....I get the crap the little mowers can't do and slashers don't want LOL!

My dream is golf courses too, sports fields etc....but got buckly's ha ha ha.

Nice job, green tooo....it is drying out badly here again.... :sad:

I hope now ya got ya foot in the door mate that they will use you more regularly?

Now ya in ZTR territory!

mick
02-01-2005, 09:31 AM
Ya don't have to justifiy ya clipping dispersal1

I know Al, just expainling the situation is all! :wave-hi:

Tony, I've been lucky in the last week, picked up some good bigger jobs but still want more. Thinking of not doing or getting rid of a couple of the pushy jobs that suck. There just a pita really compared to these big ones.

Not sure if its a foot in the door or what but you never know. Like I said he kept my number etc so see what happens. There waiting on approval to get this new mower and hopefully it wont be for a while so I can do it again. hehe There were other areas that needed mowing and if they cant do it soon it will get real long, quick!

Tony, you would of loved this paddock they wanted a quote on. It was about 10acres. It was way to rough for me and only done every 2mths. It gets slashed with a LARGE slasher but they arnt happy with the guy. They dont want to pay much either!
I just took one look at it and said.... NOPE!

Tonyr
02-01-2005, 10:22 AM
10 acres rough....sounds like a typical day only bigger for here lol.

this is true, did a quote last month 30 mins outa town, 2.5 acres, knee high at burrum heads, no probs, $150 I say mow only, cheap yes, but I wanted to get my foot in door of this new acreage estate....nup, owner is an advertising rep for trashy newspaper here he said nup, a tractor would be cheaper! On a once nice freaking lawn, bloody tractor!!??? And the guys I know would charge more anyway to travel there and to do that much. I lost job, they found a freaking slasher to mow their lawn!

I gotta sell up, this biz is killin' me....friggin people here are lunatics, fairdinkim, bloody freak country. Then that witch last week who didn't want to pay me for 4 hours of work cause I didn't give a written quote 1st so no proof she even hired me....I got 200 outa 250 she owed.

Wouldn't mind a tip truck biz, something where ya don't deal with smart arse public, I've been looking since winter, still haven't found anything that returns as good per hour for the investment though. A courier biz would be ok, but they are everywhere like lawnies.

mick
02-01-2005, 10:47 AM
To be honest that slasher property was probably bigger than 10acres, it went off into the distance sort of thing and god knows what was in there. He said they dump alot of tree rubbish etc in there and that the slasher just goes over the top of it!
Not for me that one!

That golf course job, they first tried to get there slaser guy in to do it (the roughs) but he didnt turn up. I mean, I left a bit of a mess but a slasher! There kidding!

See what happens with that anyway!

Only a couple of weeks ago I felt the same way about throwing it in. But what do ya do! I cant do anything else that brings in the good money, when it comes in anyway! I hate dealling with the public as well and some of them are REAL PITAS but I only get them rarely. Everything has pros and cons and right now I'm going ok!
I think I mentioned a girl who owed me money for 3 jobs. Anyway, I get a call from her, she said she'd got called away quickly and that there car had broken down etc etc bla bla could I come and mow the lawn. I said as long as your there with my money and to expect the lawn to look like cr@p when I'm done. She said its cool and that its about 3' in places and she'll double my usual price. I said Duh! So I'm gonna mow it on Tuesday and leave one hell of a mess and get payed! She'd better bloody well be there! ;dealers; :dean:

Grillonz
09-01-2005, 09:22 AM
Just a couple of photos of an overgrown lawn I had to mow. Nice & thick & wet.
This is before I started:
Happy mowing
James

Grillonz
09-01-2005, 09:24 AM
The drive befroe & after. This wasn't as long since it had been mowed more recently than the rest so was a piece of cake to mow.

Grillonz
09-01-2005, 09:28 AM
The back yard after mowing.
Much better.
PS In one of the before shots you can just see the handles of a push mower & to the right of the shot is a wire fence of std height.
Happy mowing
James

APS_QLD
09-01-2005, 10:18 AM
Grills
What mower are you running,how big is the yard and how long did it take you. :).

Brian

Grillonz
09-01-2005, 03:49 PM
Mower as pictured.
I had mowed the property before & it took about an hour. This time 2hrs 15 mins. It consists of the drive as pictured, the back yard as pictured, a front yard about half the size of the back as well as roungd the house garage etc.
I'd say approx 1.5 acres.
Whole propety is 6 acres. Includes a large orchard that we did another day. That took the grillo & a honda hru 215 1.5 hrs to tidy up.
Happy mowing
James

mick
09-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Holey hell! That mower isnt what I expected for sure!

How many HP Grills

Grillonz
09-01-2005, 08:09 PM
18 HP petrol.

Happy mowing
James

Alex Callaghan
09-01-2005, 09:31 PM
Good stuff James.

The flail deck seems like it dose a top job.

What's the deal with the dualys on ya rideone mate?

A local mower shop has been pushing the "Grillo Climbers" latley. They look like a solid unit!
Havn't seen the catcher type like yours on the floor but they are big walker dealers so I spose that makes sense.

Is the deck on ya mower drive shaft driven?

Hustler
23-06-2005, 08:53 PM
Some pavig i have finished

PeteG
05-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Hey this is a great site however some over your pics come up all fuzzy :cool: Could someone tell mw why..... :wave-hi: .... :russ:

PeteG
05-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Hey this is a great site however some of your pics come up all fuzzy :cool: Could someone tell me why..... :wave-hi: .... :russ:

63impala
05-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Yah same here. :mad: :dean: :i dunno:

administrator
05-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Corrupt files through host
Couldnt copy over so all new pics are ok :dean:

PeteG
07-08-2007, 05:44 PM
Hi Guys nice pics all i am getting is fuzzy lines colour though
are you using a special camera or do you need special glasses to veiw them :wave-hi: only kiddig unfortuatly i cant veiw your work is anyone else having problems....Pete :confused:

PeteG
07-08-2007, 05:47 PM
sorry guys can oly see lines(coloured though very pro hart) anyone else having the same problem..... :rolleyes:

ian
07-08-2007, 08:46 PM
the files were corupted on the old host and were unable to be transfered over to this one so all the old pictures are stuffed but any new ones posted since the new host has been running are good at least i believe this is what has happened

administrator
07-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Spot on Ian and thanks for answering his question fantastic :)

kakegc
12-08-2007, 06:59 PM
A small garden install. Before:

administrator
13-08-2007, 09:24 AM
new pics no problems

heggie
15-08-2007, 08:13 AM
nice Spitfire, they make the best sound ever !!!!

if your into WW11 and Spitfires try this site .

http://www.battle-of-britain.com/

ian
15-08-2007, 10:49 PM
at first glance i thought that was a picture of me and the wife shopping but it's the wrong brand of beer

lethal
20-08-2007, 08:01 AM
I can't view the pics, can someone explain why pleeeease??

ian
21-08-2007, 06:17 PM
lethal if your having trouble with older pictures read post no.96 above if your having trouble with new pictures sorry i can't help

twin_cities_lawncare
11-11-2007, 02:16 AM
One of our biggest whipper-snipping jobs so far - Vince had tennis elbow afterwards for some strange reason!

m287j
11-11-2007, 08:18 AM
Now i have worked out how, i thought i would post some before and after shots of some recent work. :wave-hi:

administrator
13-11-2007, 05:54 PM
Lethal u can see the pics

Nice job good pics keep em coming

Islandhead
05-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Just finished this bed today, forgot to take a before pic but it was a mass of weeds and nothing much else.

Mostly do lawn mowing so it was a good feeling to get me teeth into something bigger... and quite pleased with the result :)

P.S. Hope the pic works... first time uploader :laughing:

Born To Mow
06-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Just finished this bed today, forgot to take a before pic but it was a mass of weeds and nothing much else.

Mostly do lawn mowing so it was a good feeling to get me teeth into something bigger... and quite pleased with the result :)

P.S. Hope the pic works... first time uploader :laughing:

Good job Island - how long did the job take

Islandhead
07-12-2007, 04:50 PM

Took me about 5hrs from start to finish... and about 2litres of water, hot day :laughing:

Bgs
18-12-2007, 09:37 PM
a little job i did today
Before
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e29/Dcann/100_3342.jpg

After
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e29/Dcann/100_3344.jpg

m287j
19-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Well done, good job, always good to see the end result isn't it.

twin_cities_lawncare
19-12-2007, 09:36 PM
What a transformation!!! Great job!!!
Hard to believe there was a garden path under all that greenery ;)

Bgs
19-12-2007, 09:43 PM
Thanks for that.

I might do what you do twin cities and send a copy of the before and afters with the invoice. :wave-hi:

glassngrass
10-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Some poor sap lost the plot and the bank ended up repossesing his home. The real estate agent got me to clean up the place prior to auction. Took 20 hours to make presentable, and filled 20 ft by 6 ft deep dumpsters in the process - twice!

Didn't bother cleaning the carpet (in kitchen!). As it was so bad, ripped it up and dropped in dumpster. Shovelled out the rodent cr@p, then put on a face mask and used blower to clear dirt and dust out of hallway thru open door.

Paid well - $735 (two years ago!), and the bank paid for the dumpsters! Nice little off-season earner.

Didn't post any after pictures - can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, hey!

David

mowjoman
12-01-2008, 08:18 AM
Jeeeeeezus! Did people live in there? :frightene

glassngrass
12-01-2008, 09:03 AM
Up until a few weeks before, a single man did live there!

David

danz
13-01-2008, 03:38 PM
i can see was he was single, was he blind and didnt have a sense of smell as well? brothels are cleaner umm not that ive been to one haha

danz
13-01-2008, 03:39 PM
i were meant to write i can see why he is single,

twin_cities_lawncare
13-01-2008, 07:28 PM
A father & son live here...maybe there's more than one reason why men need to have a good woman around the place eh? ;)

Lancat
09-02-2008, 08:00 PM
A warehouse I did last week. Can only show you the side, the front was just as bad with fallen gum trees. The warehouse was one of the mayor Garden hardware suppliers.

geoff
09-02-2008, 09:20 PM
fanastic job lancat .... great work

danz
09-02-2008, 10:10 PM
yeah couldnt agree more, nice job lancat,

SCO
27-02-2008, 07:16 PM
heres a nice before and after....

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc243/bigdroppunt/before.jpg

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc243/bigdroppunt/After.jpg

cut the crap out of my legs but the pay was good :russ:

Islandhead
27-02-2008, 07:29 PM
That looked like a bugger of a job...

Nice work SCO, looks fantastic :)

Lancat
27-02-2008, 09:16 PM
How many of those Black Berry's did you eat SCO

Nice work SCO. I know how hard it is to clean those suckers up. As a child durring school holidays I used to earn extra pocket money clearing Black Berry's along the creek at or farm.

No Round Up in the 70's only this other stuff that came in red & yellow drums (DDT ?)

SCO
27-02-2008, 09:32 PM
How many of those Black Berry's did you eat SCO

Nice work SCO. I know how hard it is to clean those suckers up. As a child durring school holidays I used to earn extra pocket money clearing Black Berry's along the creek at or farm.

No Round Up in the 70's only this other stuff that came in red & yellow drums (DDT ?)

Sadly none :( There were all dried up

this job had almost every fruit tree i can think of,But they were all not ripe or dried up, Have a look at the other pics from this job in the funnest things thred !!!

m287j
25-05-2008, 11:04 AM
About time i posted a few more before and after shots i figured.

m287j
25-05-2008, 11:06 AM
and a few more

twin_cities_lawncare
25-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Great transformations Matt - it makes you wonder how people can let their places run down so badly, tho...

Bgs
16-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Before and after
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e29/Dcann/brisbaebackyards001.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e29/Dcann/brisbaebackyards012.jpg

Bgs
25-08-2008, 07:01 PM
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e29/Dcann/brisbaebackyards028.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e29/Dcann/brisbaebackyards022.jpg

Siddo
25-08-2008, 07:54 PM
very nice work
:)

Bgs
28-08-2008, 08:09 PM
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e29/Dcann/brisbaebackyards037.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e29/Dcann/brisbaebackyards054.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e29/Dcann/brisbaebackyards056.jpg

Bluey
28-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Hey Bgs

Nice work. Simple and neat and really makes the site look good. What did the client have to say?

Bluey
28-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Whit a coat of paint on the fences it would really stand out too :wave-hi:

Bgs
28-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Whit a coat of paint on the fences it would really stand out too :wave-hi:

Great Idea I will have to suggest that :wave-hi:

Islandhead
28-08-2008, 08:38 PM
If I was the customer I'd be chuffed... nice job :wave-hi:

mowjoman
08-09-2008, 04:20 PM
A job I did the other day...Not a big one but a nice little earner

mowjoman
08-09-2008, 04:24 PM
One of my regular and very valued customers.
Just mulched the gardens with sugar cane mulch.
Grass mulched with my 216 and JD 717. :)

Bluey
08-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Nice job and a huge lawn. I can see why they are valued.

Siddo
08-09-2008, 05:38 PM
very nice :)

Mowjoe
08-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Very neat, well done.

lifestyle
08-09-2008, 08:06 PM
A job I did the other day...Not a big one but a nice little earner

What sort of price for a job like that Mowjo, if you don't mind me asking... ?

lifestyle
08-09-2008, 08:10 PM
One of my regular and very valued customers.
Just mulched the gardens with sugar cane mulch.
Grass mulched with my 216 and JD 717. :)

I need you working for me. You do great work... mind you you missed a bit (retaining wall in third picture)... but i won't tell and they probably won't notice ;)

Bluey
08-09-2008, 08:19 PM
I need you working for me. You do great work... mind you you missed a bit (retaining wall in third picture)... but i won't tell and they probably won't notice ;)

Ahggggg........ease up mate.... I reckon for the size of that place one or two blades missed is well within the buffer....again I say....good job son. :wave-hi:

lifestyle
08-09-2008, 08:28 PM
lol... you didn't take me seriously did ya...

I reckon he done a bloody top job too.

Bluey
08-09-2008, 08:29 PM
I have to come in here. This bloke has really good work. And he does it in in sunny down town Innisfail. I worked there for years and most of you guys don't know how hard it is to battle the the tropics.

Too actually be a Lawnie in Innisfail gets my respect straight up. Well done lad.

Bluey
08-09-2008, 08:31 PM
lol... you didn't take me seriously did ya...

I reckon he done a bloody top job too.

No mate I didn't. He did well

lifestyle
08-09-2008, 08:32 PM
phewwww, glad we cleared that up... :)

Bluey
08-09-2008, 08:34 PM
This is what I like about this forum. Many different ppl from many different locations and we are all together. Go Indy

Bluey
08-09-2008, 08:38 PM
This is what I like about this forum. Many different ppl from many different locations and we are all together. Go Indy

Mate you sound like a fair dinkum bloke to me. I just gobbed off . Sorry I gave the wrong impression. Sometimes I act before I think. Again sorry mate

Bluey
08-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Ahhh bugger..... meant to include Lifestyles post not mine... stupid ginger headed bugger.

lifestyle
08-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Ahhh bugger..... meant to include Lifestyles post not mine... stupid ginger headed bugger.

Sounds like that elbow's getting a good workout tonight mate :)

Bluey
08-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Too true mate

mowjoman
08-09-2008, 09:59 PM
Golly...Thanks for the kind words guys. Didn't expect that, it's very appreciated.
For the garden job Lifestyle the bill came to $315 with $180 in materials so I put $135 in my kick for about 2 and a half hrs work. I need to go back this week and put some more rocks down as you probably saw in the pic because the local nursery ran out :i dunno:
Anyway customer was happy and has asked me to come back and do some more work, so thats the result we all chase I guess.
Bugger...you picked me!! I did miss those bits Lifestyle, :laughing: I saw that when I put the pics on the PC.
I struggle a bit with those bricks, they chew the hell out of the whipper cord and those missed bits are in between 2 blocks. Any tips or tricks to get at them? I know I missed those ones but I usually bend down and tear them out by hand.
Thanks again all for the compliments :wave-hi:

Bluey
08-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Golly...Thanks for the kind words guys. Didn't expect that, it's very appreciated.
For the garden job Lifestyle the bill came to $315 with $180 in materials so I put $135 in my kick for about 2 and a half hrs work. I need to go back this week and put some more rocks down as you probably saw in the pic because the local nursery ran out :i dunno:
Anyway customer was happy and has asked me to come back and do some more work, so thats the result we all chase I guess.
Bugger...you picked me!! I did miss those bits Lifestyle, :laughing: I saw that when I put the pics on the PC.
I struggle a bit with those bricks, they chew the hell out of the whipper cord and those missed bits are in between 2 blocks. Any tips or tricks to get at them? I know I missed those ones but I usually bend down and tear them out by hand.
Thanks again all for the compliments :wave-hi:

No worries mate....

mowjoman
08-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Where abouts did you work up here Bluey if you dont mind me asking?
Tis Gods country but certainly will be thirsty work in summer.

lifestyle
08-09-2008, 10:41 PM
This is going to sound like i'm pulling the organic flusher again, but "salt" REALLY is good in between cracks in retaining walls like that. I know a guy locally who uses salt in places like that and he sprays more chemicals in a week than most guys would use in a year... Only a small amount of salt though otherwise you'll end up with a dead patch too far out from the wall.

Hope that helps.

mowjoman
09-09-2008, 07:04 AM
I'll give the ol' SAXA a go. Do you sprinkle it on or mix with water Lifestyle?

lifestyle
09-09-2008, 07:16 AM
Just put a teaspoon in the gaps of each of the blocks. Check it on your next visit and re-apply as necessary. Should last several months and will be permanent with small repeaded applications ove a 6 month period or so.

Costs about $1.50 for a Kilo of "Home Brand" from Woolies.

Bluey
09-09-2008, 07:36 AM
Where abouts did you work up here Bluey if you dont mind me asking?
Tis Gods country but certainly will be thirsty work in summer.

I was a fisheries officer based in Ingham and Cairns. Innisfail is the border between the two districts. And you are right it is a lovely place. I particularly liked the Hinchinbrook Channel at Cardwell

mowjoman
09-09-2008, 08:11 AM
Just put a teaspoon in the gaps of each of the blocks. Check it on your next visit and re-apply as necessary. Should last several months and will be permanent with small repeaded applications ove a 6 month period or so.

Costs about $1.50 for a Kilo of "Home Brand" from Woolies.

Thanks Eric, I'll give that a go a nd hopefully save a bit of whipper cord too.

Beautiful Bluey. I'm hoping to get down to the Hinchinbrooke to do some fishing one of these days. My Dad frequents that area to wet a line.

Bluey
09-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Some of the best Mangrove Jack I have seen have come from the Hinchinbrook

haireyscarie
12-09-2008, 09:15 PM
here are some of mine
http://blufiles.storage.live.com/y1pB1KgeypGSdXQ7O1ClFtvH-Wo2-Jv_py3vj3_0YEREpeXnJ0xJjHv_RMSCiHC25WeZpOONpB76C4

http://blufiles.storage.live.com/y1pDEbUy1CEnLs0PmfsxXxRQeASAxbq2YW3RK4hwdiXGpe7NGF lsA4mAc_BtipctWjxGT-FaIzPQ2M

http://blufiles.storage.live.com/y1pgFNIVmaZXXSJjrPZvjMGJ285Y83JrrKJxQfj8zN7ZEHlN7B 2CiVC2Sm2XNgmr8yyCQX3T2vbbp8

http://blufiles.storage.live.com/y1p7SHXUtsiig-YwT3btHzSD7uUkKY5rNkyczZPhmHb-XsTOO6QLig6PoA6rnefovuORHF-8kfKOSM

http://blufiles.storage.live.com/y1pkVYvSiWYpunKV9ZMxGZAPxuE_cq7A3pQ-8qEe1wmANvZfQ7U7r7IV-vXa1bnntObyZmjg3l_YnY

http://blufiles.storage.live.com/y1pgimiChqzvuepL_ZD_vFFsShFMdVLqmAaR7FBX2ItbbRYJsg lf_ZVFaXJJ3suzBFsdR4ljtoS-YU
i will try and get some more

Shepparton Lawn Care
12-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Very nice work Gary :clap:

mowjoman
15-09-2008, 06:42 AM
Very nice scarie.
I can never get that perfect round shape on shrubs. Do you have to keep them trimmed regulary?

haireyscarie
15-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Very nice scarie.
I can never get that perfect round shape on shrubs. Do you have to keep them trimmed regulary?
3 times a year ..
the bloke calls me out when they need doing

haireyscarie
15-09-2008, 08:46 AM
Very nice scarie.
I can never get that perfect round shape on shrubs.

use a hulla hoop to start it and just go from there :russ:

mowjoman
15-09-2008, 10:26 PM
Excellent...Hulla hoop ay. Fantastic idea.
I'd love to see your accountants face (and mine next year) when they see a tax invoice for a hulla hoop :p

haireyscarie
15-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Excellent...Hulla hoop ay. Fantastic idea.
I'd love to see your accountants face (and mine next year) when they see a tax invoice for a hulla hoop :p

thank god we have had 1 around for years
maybe next tax year :i dunno:

:rolleyes: :laughing: :russ:

Bgs
04-11-2008, 11:13 PM
I Have a customer who had one veggie patch and we decided to build another, then we built another, then I said to her we could use that iron behind the shed to build another and I have started work on the fourth one its a monster just have to fill the bloody thing now

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e29/Dcann/brisbanebackyards017.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e29/Dcann/101_0407_00.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e29/Dcann/101_0403_00.jpg

glassngrass
04-11-2008, 11:16 PM
How do you empty it? Does the end come off easily or does the tin need unscrewing?

Bgs
04-11-2008, 11:19 PM
How do you empty it? Does the end come off easily or does the tin need unscrewing?

You can unscrew one end but we wont be emptying it once its full and trellis put in place we will planting it out, Its being filled with grass clippings. horse poo, mushroom compost and soil.

glassngrass
04-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Potent brew! I add a hand full of mollasses in a bucket of water and pour over compost from time to time - seems to speed decomposition right up! Some one suggested I add yeast too - but I suspect they meant drink beer whilst gardening, he he

lifestyle
05-11-2008, 06:35 AM
I Have a customer who had one veggie patch and we decided to build another, then we built another, then I said to her we could use that iron behind the shed to build another and I have started work on the fourth one its a monster just have to fill the bloody thing now

Thats a great set up.

The only thing i'd suggest is don't plant any tomato trees when its full, you'd need a ladder to pick the bloody things :)

Our vegie patch is built very similar only the iron is roughly in half. ie, about 18 inches high.

glassngrass
05-11-2008, 06:55 AM
... I have started work on the fourth one its a monster just have to fill the bloody thing now

Do you reall need to fill it if you are planting it out? - surely vegies don't need more than six inches?

If you're buildin a 'monster' one, why not divide in the middle so you can fill one side while the other side is closer to being ready to add to other garden beds?

Perhaps you have already arranged with customer to help them by supplying grass clippings as you are able?

Bgs
05-11-2008, 07:20 AM
We agreed to do this months ago so I have been saving my grass clippings for this reason.

You right you don't need a veggie patch that high for the health of the veggies, The reason its that high is to save her back there is no bending required when working on the patch its a perfect height.

Bgs
08-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Nothing Flash I just collected all the struggling bromeliads that were scattered around this customers garden and made a bit of a feature out of them. Just looking for a fast growing tree to give them some shade any suggestions ?

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e29/Dcann/100_3278.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e29/Dcann/101_0371.jpg

Countrymile
12-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Hi Guys,

This is a job we did today in between showers. Just a mow and whippy, customer didn't have the budget for the garden, but didn't the lawns come up a treat, considering.

Countrymile
12-12-2008, 05:41 PM
more photos of the same

Countrymile
12-12-2008, 06:04 PM
With 2 of us - 1 and a half hours

Bluey
12-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Nice job guys. How long did it take you?

Bgs
19-06-2009, 09:34 PM
This is a job I did a couple of weeks ago. I quite liked it as it was but they wanted all gardens removed and replaced with gravel and a few small plants I also get to maintain it every couple of weeks aswell :russ:

before
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e29/Dcann/100_0439.jpg

After
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e29/Dcann/100_0592.jpg

Back to Basics
19-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Bluey do you know Scotty Hillier? I have been fishing with him up there and stayed at his place. Gavin Goodwin alswo took us to pick up some big GT's. I really need to visit again.

Bluey
20-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Bluey do you know Scotty Hillier? I have been fishing with him up there and stayed at his place. Gavin Goodwin alswo took us to pick up some big GT's. I really need to visit again.

Mat I know a Scotty Hillier who used to be and probably still is a Fisheries Officer in Qld. He was based at Ingham last time I saw him. He hadn't been in all that long. He was a bit of a lad though. Nice bloke.

Fred's mowing
20-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Good work Bgs but Im with you, I know which I like best ;) .
Cheers Dean.

cylo
20-06-2009, 10:13 PM
some before & afters

DavidS
21-06-2009, 07:23 AM
Hey Bgs, good job, it's a pity that the people did not stay with the original. I like it.

Good job Cylo, glad you don't have to rake up the grass LOL

Bgs
21-06-2009, 07:46 AM
Hey Bgs, good job, it's a pity that the people did not stay with the original. I like it.

Yeah I know what you mean the garden they had was pretty nice but they had a bad termite problem so they wanted all gardens to be removed as they were growing right against the units.

The customers is happy and it was a good earner so I suppose that's all that matters in the end :)

cylo
21-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Once the plants you'v put in have some growth the new garden will look great BGS, i really like the yucca.

DavidS, yea lucky alright i think id be there for a week.

63impala
21-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Nice job on the hedges.

some before & afters

MikeD
06-07-2009, 04:12 PM
This Hedge was very messy and over grown. It took me 2 hours on this one alone. Tidy up included.
Sorry i did not take a before shot, i was walkign back to the truck and thaught damn ive done a good job on this! Considering how badly over grown it was.
we must not be able to embed youtube video so heres the link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNpQxxR15iQ

SouthCoast Walker
17-07-2009, 06:26 PM
use a hulla hoop to start it and just go from there :russ:

Do you mind explaining the hulla hoop technique?

Thanks John.

Countrymile
18-07-2009, 01:01 AM
Hi Guys,
Some photos of a "jungle" we tamed this week....
Shannon

Countrymile
18-07-2009, 01:16 AM
a few more pics

63impala
18-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Very nice job you would have had a couple tralier loads of rubbish ay.

Stripes
01-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Being a massive Bulldogs supporter, I made this a few years ago during the semis. They lost the following week, so I didnt really look after it for long! The black parts are black mondo grass, the grey is silver Cinerarea, the blue is Lobelia, and the white is just white Cowra pebbles.
I had a lot of people stopping to look at it. Thinking about doing something similar this year IF they make the Grand Final.

The proper logo is alongside it.

Siddo
01-08-2009, 12:10 PM
nice work :wave-hi:

just john
01-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Yes Stripes i think you better wait and don't rush into things after the way they played last week ;frosty;

m287j
01-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Well done with your piece of art work in the garden. Shame a Hills resident supports the Bulldogs though, that is bad. :rolleyes:

Back to Basics
01-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Looks great , a real work of art and as a guy who use to play for the Doggies i fully understand his passion for the team.

As for last week, you do not win the com petition if August!

Go the Doggies!

Scooter... ;)

Stripes
01-08-2009, 11:07 PM
The Dogs had a slip up last week but they'll bounce back tomorrow.

When did you play for the Dogs Back to Basics?

Did I mention I named my son "Mason"? :o

Stripes
01-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Well done with your piece of art work in the garden. Shame a Hills resident supports the Bulldogs though, that is bad. :rolleyes:

haha. I lived in Doggies territory for a few years when I got into footy as a kid, so they were, and will always be my team ;)

m287j
02-08-2009, 08:53 PM
haha. I lived in Doggies territory for a few years when I got into footy as a kid, so they were, and will always be my team ;)

Ahhh well, i will now remember to send you a text message and take the pi*s out of you when they lose a game.

Back to Basics
02-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Stripes I played for the Dogs from 1999 until 2004. Then moved to the Storm. Played a wonderful 101 first grade games for them and I am loving what they are doing at the moment.

Enjoy the rest of the season and "Go the doggies"... :)

Bluey
03-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Had to get the offsider to take a photo of this today. Vacant block we look after for fire orders each year. That's me hamming it up with the big whippy and I am 6ft. We have had a good winter so far.

geoff1969
03-08-2009, 06:53 PM
ha ha way to go bluey :clap:
hows your equipment ging all back in order now ?
cheers geoff

Bluey
03-08-2009, 07:22 PM
ha ha way to go bluey :clap:
hows your equipment ging all back in order now ?
cheers geoff

Yes mate. Got all the major stuff I need so we are back at it full throttle catching up and doing slashing jobs like this one. It is going to be a big spring over here the way things are shaping up

geoff1969
03-08-2009, 07:27 PM
excellent bluey .
dont let those mongerels get you down .

Bgs
03-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Had to get the offsider to take a photo of this today. Vacant block we look after for fire orders each year. That's me hamming it up with the big whippy and I am 6ft. We have had a good winter so far.

whoa that's a serious slashing job you will have to show us the after shot.

Bluey
03-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Yep...here it is

Bgs
03-08-2009, 08:13 PM
well done :clap: :clap:

Bluey
03-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Being a massive Bulldogs supporter, I made this a few years ago during the semis. They lost the following week, so I didnt really look after it for long! The black parts are black mondo grass, the grey is silver Cinerarea, the blue is Lobelia, and the white is just white Cowra pebbles.
I had a lot of people stopping to look at it. Thinking about doing something similar this year IF they make the Grand Final.

The proper logo is alongside it.

Wow Stripes..pretty damn impressive.

ian
04-08-2009, 12:22 AM
hey bluey hope you get paid well looks like a big job

Stripes
07-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Stripes I played for the Dogs from 1999 until 2004. Then moved to the Storm. Played a wonderful 101 first grade games for them and I am loving what they are doing at the moment.

Enjoy the rest of the season and "Go the doggies"... :)

Ahh right. I think I know who you are. Well done on your career. You served the club very well. It must've been awesome to be at the club in 04.
Hopefully they can bring it home strong and put another trophy in the cabinet.

just john
07-08-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm glad you know Stripes but the rest of us layman have not a clue.So who is BULLDOG? :i dunno: :i dunno:

Stripes
07-08-2009, 05:20 PM
I'm glad you know Stripes but the rest of us layman have not a clue.So who is BULLDOG? :i dunno: :i dunno:

I don't want to reveal his identity without his permission :p

I just noticed he left a clue with his nickname in one of his posts. I missed it the first time I read it :)

just john
07-08-2009, 05:31 PM
OK , then we have SCOOTER any doggies fans out there feel free to have a crack at this one :abcfra: :abcfra:

just john
07-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Got him STRIPES any prizes admin :laughing: :laughing:

Andy B
07-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Yep...here it is

Bet they didn't know they had a back fence! :laughing:

redbackmowing
07-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Yep...here it is

i'm glad you got those picks the right way around. otherwise it must of been some good fertiliser! :laughing:

Bgs
03-09-2009, 06:42 AM
This is a job I did the other day all the plants were transplanted from another garden so should look good once settled in.

Before
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e29/Dcann/100_0746.jpg

After
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e29/Dcann/100_0748.jpg

63impala
03-09-2009, 07:06 AM
Did you put the wall up!

Bgs
03-09-2009, 07:21 AM
Did you put the wall up!

I wouldn't really call it a wall lol but yeah, it was a pain too, the existing paving goes up and down in and out, the owners are about to repave and will bring the pavers up to sit flush

Bluey
03-09-2009, 07:39 AM
Good work BGS. I am starting to do a few minor garden paving jobs myself. Big jobs I subby out. Iam interested in what you charge for these jobs as I need to set a rate for these.

danz
03-09-2009, 10:56 PM
great job bgs, that little wall looks really good

Bluey
24-09-2009, 05:13 PM
This job came in late yesterday. The young lass who is at the house is married to a young bloke in the RAAF. He is deployed overseas at the moment. She went to stay at her Mum and Dads for 3 months while she had a baby. A family member was paid to look after the garden. This is what she came back to. To top it off she has an inspection tomorrow. Understandably she was a little upset but we helped her out and she loved the job. Wanted to pay more and even gave us smoko.

Bluey
24-09-2009, 05:15 PM
And here it is after we finished

geoff
24-09-2009, 05:18 PM
well done ....a great post love to see before and afters....they difficulty i guess is telling how much the quote was..cant let out too many secrets

Bluey
24-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Has Tatyana The Love woman made you blind old son?

geoff
24-09-2009, 05:22 PM
i just realised so i edit...actually how much did you charge for that one...or as usual you gunna tell me too get stuffed :p :p :p

Bluey
24-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Have a guess and I will tell you if you are close. Green waste entirely filled an 8 x 5 caged trailer. Took the two of us 22 mins to get it all out at the dump. Thistles and marshmallows were BIG. I love the blade on my big whippy for these jobs. All up including the dump time the job took 5 hrs and 22 mins. Not including driving to the job and to the dump and home again.

Stripes
24-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Did some turfing today. I installed dripline under it all so it should be beautiful for me to cylinder mow next week.

Bluey
24-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Hey nice job Stripes. Looks a nice garden too.

redbackmowing
24-09-2009, 06:15 PM

great job Bluey,

what a jungle that job was. it had to be more than 3 months since it was mowed or weeded. That really would of been a job & a half. love those photos. do you advertise mainly for this type of work? A big paying job.

cheers
rbm

geoff
24-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Have a guess and I will tell you if you are close. Green waste entirely filled an 8 x 5 caged trailer. Took the two of us 22 mins to get it all out at the dump. Thistles and marshmallows were BIG. I love the blade on my big whippy for these jobs. All up including the dump time the job took 5 hrs and 22 mins. Not including driving to the job and to the dump and home again.
big job mate ..mmm well i would reckon you would of charge around 550 for that ....considering you could call it a days work as you would be stuffed and paying the offsider his 150 for the day must be about on the mark bluey :) and that includes GST

geoff
24-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Did some turfing today. I installed dripline under it all so it should be beautiful for me to cylinder mow next week.
could of prunes the hedges :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Stripes
24-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Nice work Bluey.

The hedges will be trimmed soon. I just have to build up the motivation to do them. :(

Andy B
24-09-2009, 07:12 PM
aw cmon' hedges look alright for now. Both great jobs.

63impala
24-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Hey brother how are the new stihl blowers any difference to the old ones,And what model is that stihl 4-mix are they any good?

This job came in late yesterday. The young lass who is
at the house is married to a young bloke in the RAAF. He is deployed overseas at the moment. She went to stay at her Mum and Dads for 3 months while she had a baby. A family member was paid to look after the garden. This is what she came back to. To top it off she has an inspection tomorrow. Understandably she was a little upset but we helped her out and she loved the job. Wanted to pay more and even gave us smoko.

geoff
24-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Nice work Bluey.

The hedges will be trimmed soon. I just have to build up the motivation to do them. :(
great job mate

Bluey
24-09-2009, 07:58 PM
big job mate ..mmm well i would reckon you would of charge around 550 for that ....considering you could call it a days work as you would be stuffed and paying the offsider his 150 for the day must be about on the mark bluey :) and that includes GST

Almost spot on Geoff well done. I quoted her $600 but dropped it down to $500 because she was a defence force wife and in a bind. Plus she had been let down by the bloke who was supposed to do it and she was a nice young girl with a country attitude that I liked. It was $140 for the offsider because he owed me a tenner.

geoff
24-09-2009, 08:03 PM
well bluey thats why you are a mart man...quotes is reasonable and the job was good...many contractors would shy away with this one or charge some unbelievable price..good dollars for a good job..for the newbies this is the way to do it..make good dollars out of it but do a good job ..most important

Bgs
24-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Nice work bluey its hard to believe its the same place well done. :russ:

geoff
24-09-2009, 08:10 PM
come on if you guys blowing him up his head will burst..geez only a clean up :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: and paid very well by the way and you guys keep blowing his ego ..come on :laughing: :laughing:

Bgs
24-09-2009, 08:19 PM
A job I did last week I only did the soft stuff for this job
Before
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e29/Dcann/lucy001.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e29/Dcann/lucy002.jpg

After
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e29/Dcann/lucy022.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e29/Dcann/lucy020.jpg

geoff1969
24-09-2009, 08:33 PM
hey bgs
that looks realy good - :clap:

Bluey
24-09-2009, 08:46 PM
You do excellent work BGS and I do believe you are getting much better at it.

Bluey
24-09-2009, 08:50 PM
come on if you guys blowing him up his head will burst..geez only a clean up :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: and paid very well by the way and you guys keep blowing his ego ..come on :laughing: :laughing:

Hey...I can take it..lol. I felt really good about that job. Probably could have made more money but it was a good earn for a fair days work for the both of us. The client loved it and we picked her up as a reg. But the great part is we added a whole lot more to our reputation. The word of mouth this girl and her family can gives us is invaluable. She is a defence force wife and they stick together.

Bluey
24-09-2009, 09:20 PM
great job Bluey,

what a jungle that job was. it had to be more than 3 months since it was mowed or weeded. That really would of been a job & a half. love those photos. do you advertise mainly for this type of work? A big paying job.

cheers
rbm

Hi RBM

We don't target this work specifically but we do advertise for it. I think the big thing is we actually "do" it. A lot of people say to me you guys are the only ones who are interested in doing the job at a reasonable price.

Now maybe that means we are too cheap or maybe it means other blokes don't want the jobs. At the end of the day it is hard yakka but the more of these we do the better we become at them. I am getting pretty good at working out the time to do them. Got this one job spot on.

One thing I have learned is to actually look at the job properly. By that I mean you have to know exactly how your crew works and what it is capable of. Then look at the job. Look through the big forest of weeds and overgrown grass. Have a look at the soil type in the beds. How easy will the weeds come out. What type of weeds are they. Will it be hand weeding or can you get away with hitting it with a whippy. What is the access like. How much green waste will it generate. What is the lawn like underneath. There's a whole lot more but you get my drift.

You could spend all day mowing lawns for less than we earned today. We worked 5.5 hrs and were knocked off having a cuppa at my place by 1530 money in the pocket paid as cash by a happy customer. Works for me.