PDA

View Full Version : Your Ideas Pls

Ebony
30-11-2004, 07:42 AM
Hello all,

Hope everyone is well today. There are a few people here that I are waiting on information for their website design and hosting and I keep promising to have the info for them. My appologies to you for the delays. I am trying to calculate the costs etc.

What I am wanting from you very smart, creative and wonderful people is your opinion on a website name.

I want to register a short, non specific website address. So that those who choose can have their website address as a subdirectory of this website.

For example if the website address was ebony.com.au the options people would have for the website address would be

www.you.ebony.com.au
OR
www.ebony.com.au/you

I am wanting a websiteaddress that is also good outside of our industry, something that can be used by pretty much anyone, or if need be, by any small business.

Suggestions I got recently:

You need a good catchy single word which relates to something people associate with business
the good ones will be gone, but you could try something like,
Value
Quality
Professional
Sell
Sale

Private

Isgood > www.joeblogs.isgood.com.au
Isvalue > Thinking along the lines of www.joeblogs.isvalue.com.au

I don't know, some fool came up with Google and no doubt got laughed at. I believe that fool is now a Billionaire!!!!

I am thinking the important factors is that it's not to long, no-one wants a long website address, something you would use, something non specific. You know what I mean I hope.

So any suggestions ??? :i dunno:

Tonyr
30-11-2004, 08:10 AM
www.you@oz.com.au
www.you@oze.com.au
www.you@aussie.com.au
www.aussie-battler.com.au/you
www.goatz-n-toros.com.au/you
www.***ytoros.com.au/you

;frosty; ;frosty;

Tonyr
30-11-2004, 08:21 AM
OR....

www.gday.com.au/you
www.you.giday.com.au
www.you.gday.com.au

just trying to stick with an aussie theme ....

Ebony
30-11-2004, 10:32 AM
Good stuff Tony,

I was wondering also, do you think it needs a .com.au

ebony.com is so much shorter then ebony.com.au but ".au" really does make it an aussie site doesn't it.

hmmm, decisions, decisions

Sorry tony, www.***ytoros.com.au/you is a no go :laughing: strangely enough tho, it's still available hehe

Ebony
30-11-2004, 01:16 PM
Anyone else got me some ideas? You don't have to know anything about websites, just need a short and catchy name that would work for small businesses in pretty much any industry.

and would take the place of websitename below. So really we probably wouldn't want it to long

yourname.websitename.com.au

or

websitename.com.au/yourname

Had someone suggest discover.com.au

For example tony might have a website apc.discover.com.au or discover.com.au/apc -> apc short for a perfect cut of course

Or Top cat of twin palms garden maintenance (off the top of my head) might have twinpalms.discover.com.au or discover.com.au/twinpalms OR in tony's suggestion it might be twinpalms.aussie.com.au

discover might be on the verge of being to long tho.

Tonyr
30-11-2004, 01:30 PM
Sorry tony, www.***ytoros.com.au/you is a no go strangely enough tho, it's still available hehe

======

Oh Ebony, what are we gunna do with you?? ;frosty;
I only just bought it, it takes 24 hours ya goose! :laughing:
Seriously though, the site would get a lot of hits!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: And who doesn't fantasise about a naked Toro anyway?? ;)

Just wandering, will you be able to register .com.au? Don't ya have to be a reg. biz? So if you are just registering a domain to host sites under, you may have to go .biz etc? Cheaper too?

This example is my pick twinpalms.aussie.com.au
apc.aussie.com
apc.aussie.com.au
apc.aussie.biz

Ebony
30-11-2004, 01:43 PM
Not overly cheaper, if I decide on the .au being necessary then the few extra dollars is well worth it.

Yes you have to have a registered business, which of course I have. I also have the ability and option to register a busines to suit the website. The domain must be related to your business in some way, it can be the name of your business or a product or service your provide.

Nothing stops this lass, you should know that by now.

Topcat
30-11-2004, 01:51 PM
www.***ytoro.com well that put most of us out of the race.... :laughing:

hey Tony how about this...

www.twinpalms_eatroots&leaves.com.au :laughing: :laughing: I'm an idiot!

At a guess,

www.twinpalms_aussiegardeners.com.au

www.twinpalms_aussiemowers.com.au

even www.***ytoro_aussiemowers.com.au

even www.indmowing_aussiegardeners.com.au

I suppose "aussiegardeners.com.au" ;) would cover most of us!

now Discover sounds really good, shame it looks like it's gone...

:rolleyes: not bad being home, we got rain here at the moment, just enough to chuck it in :laughing:

My new stickers just arrived- this weekend they go on..... :aus-flag:

Tonyr
30-11-2004, 01:52 PM
ahhhh ha, good thinkin' 99 :laughing:

all ya need now is a ***y Toro and you'd be invinsable LOL!

Tonyr
30-11-2004, 02:06 PM
aHHHHHHHH you are a dag twinpalms.***ygoatpoweredtoro.com.au

Send rain up 'ere ya plonka, so dusty it isn't nice!

domains....

yourbiz.lovestonys***ytoro.com.au

e.g mick.lovestonys***ytoro.com.au

alex.lovestonys***ytoro.com.au

russ.lovestonys***ytoro.com.au

ebony.lovestonys***ytoro.com.au

you.lovestonys***ytoro.com.au

pbm.lovestonys***ytoro.com.au

patch.lovestonys***ytoro.com.au

stuart.lovestonys***ytoro.com.au

etc, etc. etc! lol, lol, lol, lol

oh well, that was lunch, spray arvo...nice to have a dust free arvo!

catch yas later!

Topcat
30-11-2004, 02:07 PM
:laughing:

your wild toroboy............... :laughing:

Mrs's just asked me why I don't have a Toro. :laughing: She think's your a big boy Tony- I showed her one!!! :laughing:

Ebony
30-11-2004, 02:09 PM
Great site name topcat BUT that limits me only to gardeners and most gardeners are tight (oops, i didn't just say that :p) hehe Just kidding

But yea, how many gardeners want a website? Most of them don't want to have insurance. :i dunno:

If it was something like discover then I could have done the ausled.8m.com website on there as well as struts regassed website and other non related websites. I had someone wanted me to do a site for hot rods (i think they import parts for hot rods, or something, I haven't looked into it properly as I have to get back to people here about websites as they have been waiting) and I did one for someone wanting to sell some items for them to list in the trading post.

HAHAHA tony you are hilarious! I love it!

Topcat
30-11-2004, 02:20 PM
What about www.twinpalms_indymowing.com.au

www.tonys***ytoro_indymowing.com.au :)

Ebony
30-11-2004, 02:29 PM
Website I did recently that I quite liked

www.sell.tz4.com/

See the variety I am after? I am hoping for a site name that does not count out sites like this, but would be as appropriate for this site as it would be for a gardeners site if you know what i mean

All those are still for sale btw :) in Northern Suburbs Victoria (Private sale)

Ebony

Topcat
30-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Gotya,

www.twinpalms.od1.com.au - being outdoor, not over dose :laughing:

www.ed3.com.au

www.mowa5.com.au

www.4ox.com.au i like it! ;frosty;

stop at this think again, go make a coffee :)

come to think of it, a gardener would drive back 2 hours to get their pruners worth $22.00. :laughing:

Indyanswer
30-11-2004, 03:20 PM
tony have u recieved your blades and who did your website

Topcat
30-11-2004, 06:33 PM
Hello all,

Hope everyone is well today. There are a few people here that I are waiting on information for their website design and hosting and I keep promising to have the info for them. My appologies to you for the delays. I am trying to calculate the costs etc.

What I am wanting from you very smart, creative and wonderful people is your opinion on a website name.

I want to register a short, non specific website address. So that those who choose can have their website address as a subdirectory of this website.

For example if the website address was ebony.com.au the options people would have for the website address would be

www.you.ebony.com.au
OR
www.ebony.com.au/you

I am wanting a websiteaddress that is also good outside of our industry, something that can be used by pretty much anyone, or if need be, by any small business.

Suggestions I got recently:

You need a good catchy single word which relates to something people associate with business
the good ones will be gone, but you could try something like,
Value
Quality
Professional
Sell
Sale

Private

Isgood > www.joeblogs.isgood.com.au
Isvalue > Thinking along the lines of www.joeblogs.isvalue.com.au

I don't know, some fool came up with Google and no doubt got laughed at. I believe that fool is now a Billionaire!!!!

I am thinking the important factors is that it's not to long, no-one wants a long website address, something you would use, something non specific. You know what I mean I hope.

So any suggestions ??? :i dunno:

twinpalms_f8.com.au

simply enough to remember, & leave's the door open for anything!

Tonyr
30-11-2004, 08:25 PM
tony have u recieved your blades and who did your website

Hi Dean,

No, not yet...

I PM'd Ebony recently notifying her...I hope they arrive soon, I'm kinda sweating on em! :)

mick
30-11-2004, 11:05 PM
www.mick.can.com.au
www.mick.cando.com.au
www.cando.mick.com.au
www.iwant.eboney.com.au :wave-hi: :p
www.iwill/do.eboney.com.au (shhhhh) hehe
www.youneed.mick.com.au
www.needyou.mick.com.au
www.wouldja.mick.com.au (was going to call my dog "Wouldja!" like wouldja come here, wouldja shut up!
www.mick.would.com.au
www.all.oz.com.au
www.all.aussie.com.au
www.youchoose.mick.com.au
www.youmay.mick.com.au

Do we get a cut if you get rich? :i dunno: hehe

Indyanswer
30-11-2004, 11:27 PM
www.wwwwebbs.com.au :russ:

www.webadd.com.au :laughing:

www.webebb.com.au :i dunno:

www.webstarr.com.au :rolleyes:

www.webcatcher.com.au :Rain:

www.webguest.com.au :who-knows

or if all fails

www.phuket.com.au thailand :mad:

Tonyr
01-12-2004, 07:13 AM
Ha Ha Ha Mick! Your baaaaaad! :cool:

I do like
www.all.oz.com.au
www.all.aussie.com.au

Their great!

Dean...I'm glad to say you surprise me LOL!

www.phuket.com.au

DEFINETY wins! Suits us bunch of wackas perfectly! :cool:

I'm changing my biz name to, www.phuketmowingservivces.com.au

phukek mowing services....much more 'me' than a perfect cut LOL!

Good one old fella!

What about www.aussiewackas.com.au
www.ozewackas.com.au
www.aussie-phukers.com.au
www.phukmowing.com.au
www.toophukenhot.com.au
www.phukthisbiz.com.au

Ahhhhh, ya just a bunch of aussie wacka phukers , to be out cutting weeds and relocating dust for peanuts, the name fits us well! LOL!

btw: aussie wacka phukers is latin or aboriginal for stupid man in tight asss industry who more often asks himself why he even bothers...TRUE, I looked it up in the phuken Wagnall! :p ;frosty; :aus-flag:

Topcat
02-12-2004, 06:12 AM
Guys this could do with some input, please :)

Topcat
04-12-2004, 06:26 AM
Another now yet taken.....

www.web8.com.au

Topcat
04-12-2004, 06:27 AM
Another now yet taken.....

www.web8.com.au ;)

twinpalms.web8.com.au :i dunno: