PDA

View Full Version : Pics

Alex Callaghan
02-12-2004, 09:15 PM
The amount of pics I can upload is a joke!! 7 pics at about 115KB each and It says I'm full!

Ridiculas!!!!!!

I've had to delete all my old piccys just to beable to upload seven new ones :i dunno:

Whats the go??

Ebony
05-12-2004, 06:00 PM
:i dunno: Please explain yourself a little better Alex as I personally have no idea what you are talking about?

If you are refering to this forum you are doing a lot better then me as I didn't realise you could delete pictures (attachments I am presuming oyu are talking about)

You know if you are having a problem you just let me know and I will look into it for you. There is no need to suggest that anything is a joke or get upset.

Ebony

Alex Callaghan
05-12-2004, 07:40 PM
Sorry Eb...........I can be a bit of a plonka arefter a couple of beers as you know.

I was uploading a few pics in the "Show your work" thread the other day and the forum told me that the preset ammount of pics that I can upload would be beyond the limit.
So this box thing came up and showed me all my attacments (kinda in the same format as the inbox that ya P.Ms go into) so I deleted a couple and I was still over the "limit". Ended up that I had to delete all my old pics that I had posted to beable to upload about 8 new ones and now those 8 pics are up in the afformentioned thread the forum is now telling me that I'm at the limit again.

If you go into your "user CP". Look at the bottom of the option collum on the right and you will see attacments.
This is the box that keeps poping up arfter the site tells me my ammount of attacments is beyond the limit.

Dose that make sense?

Ebony
06-12-2004, 10:43 AM
You are kidding me, that is actually pretty cool lol, I didn't know this forum did that.

I will look into the settings and get it fixed up. Not sure where to start, as I said, I didn't know this forum did that. But I will work it out and let you know when I have and if you could just let me know if it works fine after that.

Thanks Alex

Ebony

Tonyr
06-12-2004, 11:23 AM
Hey, I just checked it out too, cool feature!
reckons I'm using 5mb for 75 pics....nice way of filing pics!

Must be a glitch with yours mate, be a good feature once Eb sorts it out for ya!

Dunno if this forum is set up to do this, but my pet peeve is bloody lawnsite's stupid rule of only 1 pic, to repost a previously posted pic ya gotta renanme the file or reduce the image to trick the software.....that sucks!

I guess they are trying to save bandwidth by reducing pics, but I love pics! Oh well...

Ebony
07-12-2004, 05:45 AM
hmmm, I am not sure to be honest Tony. Lawnsite now uses the same software as we do here.

I will check that out also.

Ebony

Ebony
07-12-2004, 05:54 AM
Just tested it under the test thread in the "Forum Announcements" area Tony and I had no problems posting the exact same picture twice

www.indmowing.com.au/forum/showthread.php?p=7414#post7414

mick
07-12-2004, 10:34 AM
I've had to rename pics to repost pic on LS too!

Ebony
07-12-2004, 10:51 AM
Alrighty Alex...

The problem was that you were limited to 1000000 bytes worth of space that your total attachment usage may consume. It had nothing to do with how many, but the amount of space your attachments were taking up.

I have fixed this, you are free to continue adding attachments!

Ebony

P.S. Let me know if you have any probs!

Ebony
07-12-2004, 11:09 AM
I am not sure why lawnsite would restrict posting of the same images, It happens often enough and in such a large site is definitely logical that someone may need to post the same pic more then once. As you guys said it is very easy to work around it.

Ebony
07-12-2004, 11:15 AM
While I was at it I also added the Quick Reply Option, so simply you can press the little icon next to "Quote" with the feather and paper and it will do a quick reply in the box at the bottom of the page, rather then opening a new page etc.

I have also changed the settings so now when you reply to someone it will automatically fill in the Title Line with Re: (whatever their title was) this way people can better see who you are replying to, if you are infact replying to one persons post. You can still enter in your own title, this setting will not over right that.

Ebony

mick
07-12-2004, 11:17 AM
It is easy but just a pain!

Hope your well Eb!

I have a question for you. Ill post it somewhere else. Keep an eye out!

Ebony
07-12-2004, 11:18 AM
What's A pain Mick???

mick
07-12-2004, 11:19 AM
Quick reply... Cool! No smilies! Bugger! hehe ( . )( . )

mick
07-12-2004, 11:32 AM
What's A pain Mick???

Just to rename pics to post in LS. Not a biggy but another step to do it! Know what I mean? :i dunno: hehe

Ebony
07-12-2004, 11:37 AM
Yea I can't have the images on Quick Reply, but what you can do is type your message and then if you want to add a pic just press the "Go Advanced" Button. Your text will stay there and it will open the advanced page (kinda defeats the purpose I guess)

When I get the chance, I really should show you all some other features on this forum... have you ever had a play around with the Display Modes at the bottom of the page... Gives you the option of Linear Mode, Hybrid Mode and Threaded Mode

Most will be on Linear Mode

Hybrid mode gives you the list of posts at the top, showing who replied to who type of thing. Then shows the posts in detail as with Linear Mode. Some other forums work more on the threaded mode so this helps with those who are used to that format.

Threaded Mode shows the list of posts then below that the post you are looking at, to view the other posts you need to click ont heir heading.

Try it, you'll see what I mean, it's hard to explain

Ebony
07-12-2004, 11:37 AM
Ah yes, I am with ya now, Sorry about that Mick, Getting lost in my own cloud of dust :)

mick
07-12-2004, 11:51 AM
I like the normal Linear! Easier to follow. For now anyway!

mick
07-12-2004, 11:52 AM
Ah yes, I am with ya now, Sorry about that Mick, Getting lost in my own cloud of dust :)

ZooooooooooooooooooooM! :laughing:

Alex Callaghan
07-12-2004, 12:12 PM
Cheers Eb!
I'll have to give it a go later

Posting pics on LS is a major PITA I reackon!

Dunno bout those other modes Eb?!
They look a little confusing to me.

Ebony
07-12-2004, 12:22 PM
Yea I am all for the linear mode myself, just some people are used to having the thread mode.

Ebony

QLD turfcare
14-12-2004, 07:05 AM
If you want to post picvs online, then go to www.photobucket.com and sign up for a free account.

Once you upload your pictures, you can then link to them on this board, or anywhere else for that matter...

Hope that helps someone...

David

Ebony
15-12-2004, 05:22 AM
Thanks for the link David