PDA

View Full Version : The Weather

Alex Callaghan
03-12-2004, 10:47 AM
We're getting some good rain here today.

It's looking and felling like it's going to be a ripper season!

I saw a long term forcast on tele th other day and the bloke was saying that we can expect regular intervials of rain over until Febuary.

mick
03-12-2004, 05:57 PM
Had the slightest bit of drizzle on the wind shield on my way out this morning. Cleared up before I got to the job though!

Grass is starting to dry up now. If we dont get some more good rain soon there will be trouble!

Alex Callaghan
03-12-2004, 06:01 PM
Good rain here.

Pretty much constant since late lastnight and just stoped earlyer this arv.

It must "just" be missing you mate!?

mick
03-12-2004, 06:07 PM
I really looked like we'd get some this morning. No go though! :dean:

We were supposed to get a storm last night so I did a few extra jobs yesterday thinking these lawns are buggers when wet.
Made it an easier day today!

Topcat
08-12-2004, 12:38 PM
Not a great day to mow at the moment...it's pouring down here!

The good thing is I'm just left of MelbAP, now I can go back out! cya

And home in the middle of the day...LOL :laughing:

mick
08-12-2004, 04:41 PM
Looks like alot of rain there mate.

mick
09-12-2004, 10:38 AM
More rain here today! I'm going stir crazy now and getting a flat bum!

Did a push mow job yesterday arvo. Was only able to do the front yard and even that was soaked and really shouldnt of been done.

Doubt if ill get out there again till next week now. Just mush under foot. The rider would tear it all up!

Ah well, what ya gonna do? :i dunno:

Topcat
09-12-2004, 05:38 PM
Same mess here, you just get stuck into it, then it pours again.. :Rain:

Xmas is coming, it's getting hard to put thing back :sad:

I wanna finish on the 21st, heres hoping ;)

APS_QLD
10-12-2004, 04:35 PM
The rain has caused me grief to say the least. I had a full book to xmas with a number of must haves. The weather has been raining most of the week and i am now way behind. So will have to work the next two weekend :( :( to even come close to getting the work done. Of course thats if it stops raining, which from all accounts its going to be raining next week :( :(.

I even had one client ask me to mow the lawn in the rain :i dunno: :i dunno: Sorry i don't mow in the rain, I will get to your lawn asap thats all i can do.

I stop on the 24th and looking at two weeks off hmmmmm may only get one get some lawns under control and take another week.

Oh well i have been wanting rain for ages and now i get it still not happy :i dunno: :cool: :cool: all i gotta work out now is how to turn the weather control on and off as required.

Brian

mojo111
10-12-2004, 05:22 PM
Feast or famine. :i dunno:

When it rains :Rain: it pours.

I new it would come with a vengenca ;frosty;

It will be a good season-- but dam hot and sticky :laughing:

Alex Callaghan
12-12-2004, 10:43 AM
From pi$$in down rain for days to filty bloody stinkin humid hot :i dunno:

These are the days I wish I could afford pool!
Even a little plung pool would be good :(

Zaps your energy this weather and ya add a beer or six to the eqation and it's game over for the day :aus-flag:

mick
12-12-2004, 10:49 AM
I hear ya mate! How bloody hot and humid is it today :(

APS_QLD
12-12-2004, 12:45 PM
I feel like a dim sim out there today, came home get out of the heat for an hour or so. Get out later do a few more to try and catch up on the week of wet weather. The last thing i needed at this stage was a week of wet. Oh well never happy pray for rain, get good rain, now complain bad timing :laughing: never happy i guess.

Even if i work every day till the 24th i will not get all my customers lawns done before Christmas.

I am already looking at who is going to miss out, LATE payers are not looking good at this stage thats for sure. Still will not give me enough time :i dunno:

Brian

mick
12-12-2004, 03:13 PM
Had a nasty little storm come through just before. Heard theres trees down on the coast and hail!

If you in QLD check the news tonight.

Hustler
12-12-2004, 03:58 PM
HOPE YOU DONT NEED THE SES HA HA
MENBER OF THE SES IN VICTORIA
ITS BEEN A WHILE BUT THE TIME CAME> HA HA
REGARDS NEV :laughing: :dean:

mick
12-12-2004, 05:52 PM
HOPE YOU DONT NEED THE SES HA HA
MENBER OF THE SES IN VICTORIA
ITS BEEN A WHILE BUT THE TIME CAME> HA HA
REGARDS NEV :laughing: :dean:

Had the SES come and cut a tree off my roof last summer. They ended up smashing a window and causing more damage that the storm!
"No it wont, I know what I'm doing" Bloody idiot! :dean:

No offense to you though Nev! :ebony:

Have to be in big trouble before I call them plonkers in again!

Hustler
12-12-2004, 06:05 PM
Those Boys in Qld are not as clever than us victorians .
Not having ago at you im just putting my two bobs worth in ;frosty; :wave-hi:

mick
12-12-2004, 06:20 PM
Thats funny, I'm sure they get most of there volunteers from down south. They have to have a negative IQ dont they, and the women should have to shave there backs? Could of sworn! ;frosty; :wave-hi: hehe
Better stop this. Gonna get out of hand, I can tell!

Hustler
13-12-2004, 11:41 AM
Thats funny, I'm sure they get most of there volunteers from down south. They have to have a negative IQ dont they, and the women should have to shave there backs? Could of sworn! ;frosty; :wave-hi: hehe
Better stop this. Gonna get out of hand, I can tell!

Yeh mick you only get plonkas in Q.L.D .
YOu can just go on you may get deeper.hA hA

Ebony
13-12-2004, 12:14 PM
Yes the whole Qld'er factor does explain a lot ;frosty;

Ebony

mick
13-12-2004, 03:46 PM
Yeh mick you only get plonkas in Q.L.D .
YOu can just go on you may get deeper.hA hA

See, this proves my point! I wrote...
"Thats funny, I'm sure they get most of there volunteers "from down south." They have to have a negative IQ dont they, and the women should have to shave there backs?"

Now how did you come to the reasoning that I was talking about QLDers? Hmmmm!

Like I said, Negative IQ! :i dunno: :frightene
And ask Eb about the shaving rash! ;frosty; :p

hehe

APS_QLD
13-12-2004, 11:20 PM
Sits back and ponders the dribble flowing ............. from the southern hics :laughing: :laughing:

Brian

mick
13-12-2004, 11:39 PM
Sits back and ponders the dribble flowing ............. from the southern hics :laughing: :laughing:

Brian

Support! Thats what I like to see! QUEENSLANDER!
By the way Brian, how'd you go with that storm today. We only got the slightest edge of it. Raced to finish a job and get home before it hit. Got home and 2 mins later it was fine again. :i dunno:
Could of stayed out and done another damit.

APS_QLD
14-12-2004, 07:19 PM
I can say it poured, blow and so i could see what i was doing bolt lightening to add some spice.

I was ok up till the bolt lightening started, found cover then.

Brian

twin_cities_lawncare
20-03-2006, 12:10 AM
I'd like to hear how everyone handles the delays in scheduling, etc that arise from wet weather. Any more than a full day of rain and I start stressing, especially if the schedule is already full.

The rain usually brings on another growth spurt in untended lawns, and the weeds grow like they're on steroids, and there are so many extra calls to get jungles under control...

Our regular customers get preference, but it's hard to fit all the jobs into an existing schedule....how best to prioritise the jobs based on *favourite* days, lawn types, soil/drainage issues, etc.???

Having cyclone Larry on the radar at present means it will proabably be another wet week here + we might have to find a safe place to park the work vehicles if the trees across the road break up in the strong winds. Logistics !!! :confused:

Christine

bigG
20-03-2006, 03:43 PM
all the best to you vince and christine

twin_cities_lawncare
20-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Thanks bigG - all's well here and apart from being exhausted from moving lots of loose gear into safer storage and keeping an eye on the weather overnight, we're preparing for the week ahead by getting a relatively early night tonight to ease the weariness of body and mind. The rain's eased off a bit now, too, so unless the second cyclone that's still out to sea comes our way later in the week, we should still be able to get a fair bit of work done...hope so!!!

bigG
21-03-2006, 06:55 PM
i know what you mean about stressin .as you know here in queensland the whether can be unpredictale.those clients that dont understand ,they can get.... thats what i have been doing .there are some that say "what are you diong here,i didnt expect you after all this rain.they are the ones i look after.....................go figure

twin_cities_lawncare
31-03-2006, 11:05 AM
It's been raining...pouring
and the old man is snoring
He's gone to bed with a throbbing head
and it's 11 o'clock in the morning...

Another day of wet weather and more jobs to be rearranged.
- no wonder he has a throbbing headache!
At least the cyclone threat has past here, so that's a relief,
and the rain associated with it has kept the grass growing
so we have heaps of work to do, in 'tween the showers.

We've gotta look on the bright side...

Christine

bigG
31-03-2006, 04:57 PM
yeah here we go again...im on the blower explaining to people why im not there,as if they didnt know.but well yhis is the career i chose .i stress about this all the time but you know what,i always get through it.................its raining money out there :i dunno:

Hustler
31-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Same down south here raining again not much we can do but just put up with it if we did not get it we would still be complaining so let not loose any sleep over it if you dont do it today you do it tommorrow. :wave-hi: :wave-hi: :who-knows

bigG
31-03-2006, 07:13 PM
thats right nev ,there is always tomorrow :wave-hi:

Hustler
31-03-2006, 07:19 PM
If it rains cats and dogs for a week they all have to wait the week thats my motto thats life ;frosty;

Hustler
01-04-2006, 04:17 PM
Yes its raining again here in port fairy but got four hrs in today will try again tomorrow ;frosty; ;frosty; if not monday thats the way the cookie crumbles

patch
02-04-2006, 04:30 PM
your cookie will crumble if you touch that car on Monday

Hustler
02-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Meet me there then and we will fight it out buddie as alorsa will be there if your to busy i will take it but its going to rain so you wont get much work done

Bargain Stickers
02-04-2006, 08:57 PM
I will be there and that car ain't goin' nowhere. It's stayin' in Melbourne.