PDA

View Full Version : What do you hate?

pbm
09-12-2004, 07:51 PM
As discussed in another thread I hate dog poop. Another thing that has started to anoy me more lately is when you get to a lawn and the owner has been pruning or weedind and they have left the weeds or branches on the lawn expecting us to either pick it up or mow over it. What else do you guys find annoying? :dean:

patch
09-12-2004, 07:55 PM
WALKER DRIVERS :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wave-hi:

PATCH

collingwood
09-12-2004, 08:07 PM
People wanting freebies...

Was servicing this place the other day....out the front edging with the Atom. The next door neighbour is watching...comes up to me & says...oohhh haven't seen one of those before... do ya think you could do my edge for Xmas. I replied can't right now but next time I'm here no worries. Oh no no she says don't worry. She just wanted me to keep on going up the road a little more & do hers for free whilst I was there ....yeah right :laughing: :laughing:

Lindy

mick
09-12-2004, 08:39 PM
Getting to a property and find there know one home.
Dogs running loose.
Children running loose.
Toys.
Trees in the lawn.
Trees that are to close together that you cant use the rider.
Sewerage brown water pipes. They always start to spray when I'm mowing. Rolling up the pipes. Etc Etc!
Getting hit in the face by dog poo.
Forgetting my ear muffs.
Having to drive 10km + to get fuel.
Slopes
The price of ZTRs.
Hitting news papers.Rubbish on the lawn.
Sticks and branches on the lawn.
Garden furniture.
Trampolines.
Clothes lines.
Clothing on clothes lines.
Drought, rain (too much anyway), wind, humidity.
Customers that talk to much.
Customers that treat you like second class citizen.
Cars on the lawn.
Arriving to a property to see its been done with a neighbors mower.
Customers who buy there own mowers after quoting as a long term customer and doing the first mow thats usually over grown the same price as weekly.
Customers who pay late.
Having to take away clippings.
The price of petrol.
Customers that are never happy.
Customers who lie about being un happy but actually found a low baller who will do it cheaper.
People who pull out in front of you on the road when you have a heavy trailer on.
People who take of driving really fast then pull in front of you then slow to a crawl. (NSW drivers) hehe Alex!
McDonald's drive through driveways are sometime to narrow to easily negotiate the trailer around.
My radio stations.
The price of radio ear muffs. $500 for Husky's! Yeah right!
The fact that there isn't a "Perfect" ZTR/mower.
Couch
Bougainvillea
Roses
Acacias
Broken bottles
The fact the oil companies/service stations are quick to raise there prices but very slow to lower them. (like now)
My house.
Wire in long grass.
Hoses in long grass.
Hoses in short grass.
Mowing all week just to come home and have to mow my own 3 acres. At least I can do that while drinking!
Wasps
Those sons of b!tches jumping ants!
Back/neck problems.

I'm sure theres more but I need a coffee! :wave-hi:

collingwood
09-12-2004, 08:52 PM
Mick

That's some list you've got there.....I'm very intrigued about the 'getting hit in the face with dog poo'....Is that a regular occurence for you when mowing??? can't say I've had that pleasure yet. ;)

Lindy

peter
09-12-2004, 09:04 PM
Hey Mick tell us what u really hate !! i hate it when u book a job and when u go there a week later they tell u they got someone else cos they diddnt think u were interested ! :mad: other things hmm people who think your trailer is there for them to throw stuff in ! :i dunno: Crap on the lawn :frightene Husbands and wives that dont communicate and double book now that gets me mad!! ;dealers;

Viceroy
09-12-2004, 09:26 PM
Well i have had the dog poo in the face :mad:
When cutting lawns the 2 things i hate are
Dog Poo
Kids toys all over the place

mick
09-12-2004, 09:34 PM
Well pbm asked! :i dunno:

Lindy, been hit probably 20 times! Mostly when I first started but still get hit occasionally. Dogs just love cr@pping next to the fence! :i dunno:
I think its twice I've been hit in the mouth, eyes(got between shades and face. very small gap) , up my nose in one shot.
Kinda like being hit with a machine gun up ya front.
Really puts a dampener on the rest of the day!

Always trim with mouth shut!

If you trim long grass near fences, it will happen!

Another one similar to yours Peter, two many bosses! Probably what you meant!
Dog bones.
Unfriendly other mowing guys.
Rude dealers.
Waiting for a non commercial repair job before they do mine.
Not being happy with a purchase.
Dealers that will tell you anything to make a sale.
The mark ups the dealer put on the stuff.
Not having the right tool for the job.
Buying the right tool for the job but only using it rarely.
Cleaning palms. (done no more)
Those tunnel ants that make mounds on the grass. Clogs up the deck!
Red soil.
Wet spots. (on the grass) hehe
Customers that want different things done every time.
Pools with turf running up to the edge.
Not having one poison that kills everything but the lawn.
Potential customers who ring and dont leave a message.
Customers who think you have nothing better to do.
Trimming under fruit trees (rotten oranges for example)

hmmm ranting again! :i dunno:

Viceroy
09-12-2004, 09:37 PM
Really puts a dampener on the rest of the day!

:
Sh!t yea Mick

Tonyr
09-12-2004, 09:45 PM
Er....What Mick said....you guys don't play fair, left me nothin'! LOL!

I'm sure I'll think of some...tomorrow!

ya bunch of plonkas...great thread! Love the list! ha ha ha ha

Topcat
09-12-2004, 10:02 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Mick

That's some list you've got there.....I'm very intrigued about the 'getting hit in the face with dog poo'....Is that a regular occurence for you when mowing??? can't say I've had that pleasure yet. ;)

Lindy

You haven't mowed till you've been hit in the face with dog poo! :(

Funny thing is it always, get you somewhere around the lip area or just under the nose! ;)

soon! :o

You will find out! :laughing:

We've all been there.

I ask each client that has a dog to pick it up. or they now know I will just mow around it- thats theirs & they can keep it :laughing:

Mick , thanks mate that covers everything- make our job sound CRAP! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Stuff it, I'm not going to work tommorrow-Thanks Mick :laughing:

pbm
09-12-2004, 10:05 PM
Mick....great list...made me laugh :)

pbm
09-12-2004, 10:06 PM
WALKER DRIVERS :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wave-hi:

PATCH
Husky drivers with big yellow trailers :laughing: :laughing: ;frosty;

mojo111
09-12-2004, 10:07 PM
Having to finish a ride on job in the rain :Rain: and no umbrella. ;frosty;

Cutting a lawn at the same price when it's twice as long because it's rained :( ( and ya can't get at it ) :(

People that ask to pay by check after ya done the job already ;frosty; ( and I said cash over the phone ) :confused:

Jo bloges duma$$ whanna be know it all dip stick ;dealers;

Horse poo rebounding off fence post. :i dunno:

The dog don't bite but there's a hole in my dam tyre ;dealers;

Alex Callaghan
09-12-2004, 10:11 PM
Don't hate much ay Mick

#1 hate would have to be... Mick :laughing: :p

#2 Micks mower

Aghh...........I'm crackin myself up here.

Nah really.......The ONE BIGGEST HATE would have to be :i dunno:

QLD blue Couch Grass. (F*ckn QLDers trust a QLDer to develop such a load of rubbish gennus! :dean: ...........ay Mick! HEEEEEEE)

Blue Couch............It'll be the death of me!!

Also PBM.

What you'r saying about the weeds and crap on the lawn really $hits me!! I'm talkin really get me to the point where I just start doing a **** job once I see a pile of "strategically" place crap (and thats what the frigers do............STRATEGICALY PLACE IT so ya can't miss it.
$hits me to tears :mad: :sad: !!

Mick mate....................There aint no prizes for seconds buddy!
Ya can't rip off one of my "How to drive like a QLDer in 10 easy steps" lines mate! :p
I'll have to patent it so no good qlders like ya self can't use it against us Livin in gods country and bloody good blokes and love drivin and we're bloody good at it NSWlers.

HERE IS MY ORIGINAL POST FROM ANOUTHER SITE THAT MICHELL RIPED OFF

G'day all!

Just got into Cooktown and im knackerd so I thought i'd come'n say G'day.
So far trips been great. Simpson, Eyre, Arnehem land. All truly amazing. Makes you really apreciate this great brown land for all its worth. Lots of pics and storys to post when I get back.
We leave to go up Cape York tomoz. Some DEEP water crossings and some technical 4x4 ahead of us. Should be good!

Tony......noticed a couple of pages back you giving us southern drivers a bit of $hit. Fair go mate! I'll tell ya , you Qld's are the bloody worst by far!

Somthing I've noticed on my travels is you QLD's seem to think it's your god given right to drive like a moreon and I now know how to drive like a Queenslander in 10 easy steeps. (not that I'd bloody well want to!)

1/ Pay no attention to whitch lane you should be in. Doing 90Km/h in the outside lane on the freeway is your god given right.

2/ Do not accelerate to merg (I can hear you guys asking yourselfs "whats this merg word he speaks of") Simply slow down and move rapidly across the lane. Indicate only if you fell like it! Everyone will conveniantly bunch up behind you.

3/ Never let anyone in. If their lane is running out, be a prick and close the gap! letting anyone in front of you just demonstrates your less of a man.

4/Tailgating is fun! It breaks up the monotomy on long trips and you only requires as little as one other car.

5/ Never stop at stop signs! slow down, check and roll through.
However......always stop completley and pause for a minimum of 10 seconds at give-way signs.(It takes a fair-dinkum Qld'r 15 seconds to read the words "Give way" in any case.....hehehehe)

6/ Speed up around dangerouse road works, otherwise the council workers don't get their danger allowance.

7/Indicate only when you merg or turn, not before! Indicating only gives your road using adversateries the opertunity to stop you changing into their lane. Screw that!

8/ If your going to pull out infront of someone (and up here you should) always get out there real quick and then slow down otherwise they wont be fully aware that you just screwed them. Then drive at least 10 kays under the speed limit (This is when I would apply rule 4 and the only time I would do so)

9/ Creep forward at trafic lights. It might force the odd pedetrian into on coming traffic but QLDers seem to be under the impresion that lights just simply don't change if you wait paitiently.

10/ Duno what ten can be but i'm sure somone with one of those green plates will show me before I cross the boarder!

Anyway enough of that. Mates just got back with a case of cooldies. Four X too! Duno bout that. I'll have to see if your beer is as bad as your driving skills. Hope not!
HEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!!!

See Ya's.

BTW. be back home in 15 days or so.

Ava good one!"

UNQUOTE

HAAAAA :p Bloody QLDERS!!

Too many cooldies this arv!

mick
09-12-2004, 10:34 PM
Sorry Topcat!

It was just so easy coming up with all that!

Getting hit with poo, first or second job of the day! Now that really stinks!

I've driven a long way home to shower and change at times. Bugger smelling like sh!t all day!

Horse poo.
Gates.
Forgetting to make up water bottle.
Making water bottle but leaving it behind.
Forgetting electronic gate remote controls.
Barking dogs.
Leaves.
Hitting skink lizards. Feel bad!
Working sick
Working when the surfs pumping.
Working hung over.
Calls between 8.30pm and 7.30am
Calls on Friday arvos/night, Saturday/night, when I'm drunk.
Calls when hung over on Saturday/Sundays.
Waiting in line for fuel at the servo.
People in the servo who take up so much room that you cant reach the pump.
Filling the ute with fuel. Its a bugger and always stops the pump cos it thinks its full.
Forgetting to undo the air intake on the fuel can.
Spilling fuel cos the trimmer slips of the side of the ute.
Getting the push mower onto the ute.
Getting hit on the legs, lips, tip of the nose with pebbles.
Mowing a hot girls lawn knowing you'd never have a chance.
Mowing next to a pool on hot days.
Mowing next to the beach when there boobies just 10m away.
Bird feeders hanging from tree branches.
Plovers (phyco birds)
Customers who move owing money.
Breaking a window because they did some gardening and left a rock on the lawn.
Not being able to speak on the mobile while driving.
My speaker in the ute that had a loose wire and crackle the speaker until I crank up the radio.
Starting the ute only to find out that I hadn't turned down the radio.
Knowing that one day the bearing's on the trailer will one day seize.
Knowing that one day I'll get a flat tyre on the trailer and I dont have a spare.
The fact that my trailer is rusting apart and I cant afford a new one yet.
The stress involved in walking through long grass looking for stuff that can damage the rider and knowing there is a deadly brown snake somewhere in there.
Missing something that damages the rider.
Electric fences.
Not knowing if the electric fence is off.
Chain link fences.
Customers who wont let me use round up on chain link fences
The inside bit next to a fence post that you can never quite seem to get with the trimmer.

mick
09-12-2004, 11:10 PM
NSW drivers.... Alex, why do you think I added that little dig? I remember the little rantings of a Banglow hippy land, dog riding, fool from way back!

Now stop picking on me!

By the way, I added couch to my list or couldnt you read that far? .. It goes like.. Cooo ch! :laughing:

Bloody wally! :i dunno: :laughing:
-----------------------
#1 hate would have to be... Mick

#2 Micks mower

Good on ya! What sort of girls name is Alex anyway? A bloody ugly girls name is what it is! ;frosty; :wave-hi:

Reaching with that one hey! haaaaa

Alex Callaghan
09-12-2004, 11:13 PM
Rantings!!

They aint ranting mate................Calculated and educated first hand expreriances and observations is more like it ;frosty;

peter
16-12-2004, 10:50 PM
Here i was quietly laughing to myself when u guys mentioned dog poo in the face ... well i aint laughing no more .!!!!! :mad: copped my first yesterday ........now where is that mongrel !!! :boxer:

odin
16-12-2004, 11:28 PM
Micko ,that list could depress a bottle of Prozac :laughing:

Dose the grass get so high there it hides the dog poo? Figured ya just wouldn't trim that close to it mate.Anyway ya should try and find a better way to haul it away. :laughing:

And whats with the brown water pipes sprayin.Dont they bury the things there ?

And those little brown snakes shouldnt be a bother ,just little garden snakes ,right mate.

And WTF are jumpin ants.they brown too?

Dang Mick ,you shouldnt be thinkin on spendin for a z ,but for a job change.

Have ya tried the peltor work tunes?I have a pair and they work great.About 50.00 yank bucks for a pair. :russ:

Ill send ya some of me Lexapro mate. :russ:

--------- ---------------
Down East Beast :cheer:

odin
17-12-2004, 09:14 AM
ebony would you let the down east beast from cape cod also known as cape cod todd ......in your prestigous forum:D

APS_QLD
17-12-2004, 09:26 AM
Well i can say i have NEVER been hit with dog poo......... I now only have two places that have dogs. One picks it up the other has a few high spots in the lawn I DON"T mow dog poo.

I cannot say the same about my son.......... he wanted to use the whipper snipper for a change so him and cousin out back all was cool then there was this screaming :frightene :frightene , i figured someone got hurt.

I run to the back and there they where swearing and abusing :dean: :dean: :dean: BOTH covered in dog shi$...................... :eek: :eek: :eyes: I don't know how or what he hit the amount they had on themselve was something else........ I was no good to them i was :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: which i mite add did not help the situation :laughing: :laughing: the death glares i was getting would turn you pale.

Lawn finished i made a bee line for the car and locked them out CLOTHS off boys, jocks is the go, everything else hosed off and put in trailer. A trip home for new cloths. I can say here they were not happy with this option i mite add :dean: :dean: :dean:

All my son could say was ............ you knew about the dog shi$ thats so so wrong and not funny. What could i say, I just figured he would see it :laughing: :laughing: I guess i was wrong :laughing: :laughing:

As they say one must have a little fun in life.

Brian

odin
17-12-2004, 09:49 AM
Peltor work tunes 50.00

Whipper snipper 250.00

Locking two sh!t covered kids outta the car ?

PRICELESS :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

---------------------------------

mick
17-12-2004, 07:16 PM
Peltor work tunes 50

Send me a pair mate and I'll return a cheque for ya! No worries! Good music muffs are very exy(expensive) here!

I'm serious, pm me and we can sort it out! :i dunno:

Those pipes are from in ground, on property sewerage system. The pipe lets the liquid out and stinks real bad sometimes! Good for the lawn though! Grows hair back on ya boots though! hehe

Jumping ants are the 3rd most ferosous animal on the face of the planet after 1..Brown snakes, 2..mowing people covered in dog cr@p then 3.. the jumping ant. There a big ant up to an inch long and can realy flog ya if they get a good bite happening. They dont run, they sorta skip or jump around when p!ssed off. Had one on me today actually but got him off before he killed me! :ebony: hehe. Really, they have a very painful bite that gets into ya glands next to ya old fella or arm pit depending on when ya bit (leg or arm/hand). Ask Alex!

No Z for a long while now! Was very depressed yesterday and almost threw it in! Sick of customers who think we shouldnt make any money whilts risking our lives! Got over it though, might of been the Bourbon thinking for me! ;)

Long grass and poo! Yep! Thats how it happens mate. You see here, the grass generally gets cut short and well.... You figure it out!

Prozac, yeah, send me some of them too, with the Peltors. I'm almost out of Valium! :laughing:
-------------------
APS... Classic! I have to agree with the boys though. If YOU aint had it happen to you, you can laugh all you want but when it does...... ;dealers; You'll be p!ssed FOR SURE! ;frosty;
--------------------
Peter.... Suck it! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :laughing:

Lawnman
17-12-2004, 07:38 PM
Dogs running loose.
Children running loose.
Toys.
Trees in the lawn.
Sewerage brown water pipes. They always start to spray when I'm mowing. Rolling up the pipes. Etc Etc!
Forgetting my ear muffs.
Slopes
The price of ZTRs.
Garden furniture.
Trampolines.
Clothes lines.
Cars on the lawn.
Customers who buy there own mowers after quoting as a long term customer and doing the first mow thats usually over grown the same price as weekly.
Customers who pay late.
The price of petrol.
Customers who lie about being un happy but actually found a low baller who will do it cheaper.
People who pull out in front of you on the road when you have a heavy trailer on.
People who take of driving really fast then pull in front of you then slow to a crawl. (NSW drivers) hehe Alex!
McDonald's drive through driveways are sometime to narrow to easily negotiate the trailer around.
My radio stations.
Couch
Bougainvillea
Roses
Acacias
Broken bottles
The fact the oil companies/service stations are quick to raise there prices but very slow to lower them. (like now)
My house.
Wire in long grass.
Hoses in long grass.
Hoses in short grass.
Mowing all week just to come home and have to mow my own 3 acres. At least I can do that while drinking!
Wasps
Back/neck problems.

oh Mick i think you need a Bourbon not a coffee after that lot mate :laughing:
but have to agree with all above comments.
but must add 1 more
WORKING in general while retireies r out fishing on a 35dg day and im sweeting my ASS OFF!!!!!! :sad:

mick
17-12-2004, 08:13 PM
Lawnman, I have a heap more since I wrote that but I want others to have a go!.....................

Come on! :i dunno: :dean:

Your right about the Bourbon, I'm on it now and cant think of a single one (NOT) I hate right now! Except having to wake up in the morning (lunch time) full seedy and have to got Xmas shopping, mow my 3 acres with a hang over and clean up, (new/sharpen blades etc,) the mowers etc! :( :frightene

Might mow Sunday actually! :russ:

Might send the missus shopping too! They love that sh!t dont they!

Things I hate.......... Shopping! I once heard its as stressful as a fighter pilot flying a plane into battle! Well thats what I heard anyway! :rolleyes:

I believe!

odin
17-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Micko, I have a pair of the yellow work tunes.Had them for a few years now aint let me down yet.Think the reds were digital but aint sure.they were more expensive last I looked,about 100.00 yank bucks.The yellows are around 50.00 maybe a few buck cheaper.

Sure I could hook ya up with the yellows easy enough,they got a pile of them at the lumber yard.

http://www.peltor.com/peltor.com/comm_main.cfm?platform=FM%20Stereo%20Protector

The Alert model is the 100.00 ones.,least they was.

-------------------------------

mick
17-12-2004, 09:43 PM
Micko, I have a pair of the yellow work tunes.Had them for a few years now aint let me down yet.Think the reds were digital but aint sure.they were more expensive last I looked,about 100.00 yank bucks.The yellows are around 50.00 maybe a few buck cheaper.

Sure I could hook ya up with the yellows easy enough,they got a pile of them at the lumber yard.

I get pics of Red muffs and whites ones from that link! I wouldnt have a clue. Bit drunk at the minute though! :russ: :laughing:

What do you lot wear or whats most popular?
Digi might struggle with all the hills and stuff around here! I dont want to spend a million $$$$$$$$$$$$ either! hehe

You tell me..... Whats the go? :o

odin
17-12-2004, 10:03 PM
Thing about the alert(red ones) model is that it has a jack .Think you could hook a cd player or phone to it.But double the price.

Yellows are the most common and analog.Ive had the yellows for a few years.Dependable.

So less you need the jack I think that I would pick the yellow work tunes.Cost less and do the job.

APS_QLD
18-12-2004, 08:17 AM
Most likely been said,

Being asked to mow a lawn, go out of way cause you said you would do it and find they had it done by someone else. Happened yesterday.

I can say a few words where spoken :dean:

Brian

mick
18-12-2004, 09:24 AM
Most likely been said,

Being asked to mow a lawn, go out of way cause you said you would do it and find they had it done by someone else. Happened yesterday.

I can say a few words where spoken :dean:

Brian

Especially when they are 30mins away! Feel like hitting them up for a "waste my time" payment!

GregG
18-12-2004, 09:40 AM
Things I hate.......... Shopping! I once heard its as stressful as a fighter pilot flying a plane into battle! Well thats what I heard anyway! :rolleyes:

I believe!

I LOVE SHOPPING

THe auto shop, hardware store, camping store, snow ski shop, 4WD Shop and Naughti and Nice (i am a S$x starved married man)

mick
18-12-2004, 10:17 AM
Greg, thats not shopping...

Guys know what they want, go to the shop and get it!

Women have no idea what they want, wonder around aimlessly checking everything in every different shop and they have no intention of buying anything unless its an over priced "insert what ever" piece of rubbish, bring it home and ask us what we think... "Looks good dear"... I should of got the other one, dont you think... "Yes dear" I'll take it back tomorrow. "Ok, dear but I'm going to the pub." Ok, dont drink to much, we have to save for Xmas!

GregG
18-12-2004, 10:27 AM

Hey Odin those ear muffs sound like a great idea, have you tried the racetunes one as it has a jack for a phone, CD etc and from sites I see they are the same price . It would mean not missing a missed call as I can never hear it or feel the vibrator alert.

THat Alert function sounds good if you are in areas where the noise levels change often

How good is the AM function on the worktunes My Sony Digital walkman can have difulcty 30 km away or even 5 km on the other side of the transmitters hill.
Tradeconnect in Sydney have the Worktunes for $149

Dean sells a set as well don't know brand or how effective on AM I like me local ABC for local news and issues

GregG
18-12-2004, 10:31 AM
I know what ya saying Mick
But I love new gadgets and technologies etc. so I do like to look ( and I like to watch to :laughing: ). But as ya say mostly I know what I want and go in buy it and out

odin
18-12-2004, 10:40 AM
http://www.peltor.com/peltor.com/comm_detail.cfm?prod_family=Worktunes&ind_prod_num=HRX79P3E%20GU001

See if this link works up.Look like you can get these work tunes to fit on a helmet .Im gonna call them and find out what helmet they attatch to.If its the forestry one that would be good for you guys that gotta wear them when about with subs .

------------------------ :cheer:
Down East Beast

collingwood
18-12-2004, 11:55 AM
Customers with feral yards (and want them cleaned up for Xmas)

Just did 2 jobs & they hadn't been mowed for 6 months or more. Complete with 5 dogs, dog s*** galore, wire, branches, balls, a big black rubber spider (scared the crap outta me) :frightene a dragon/lizard that jumped out of a tree & landed on top of my mower (had to stop & change me undies for that one!!) :frightene :frightene & of course more dog s***.

Had my whinge now :)
Lindy

odin
18-12-2004, 12:28 PM
Hey Odin those ear muffs sound like a great idea, have you tried the racetunes one as it has a jack for a phone, CD etc and from sites I see they are the same price . It would mean not missing a missed call as I can never hear it or feel the vibrator alert.

THat Alert function sounds good if you are in areas where the noise levels change often

How good is the AM function on the worktunes My Sony Digital walkman can have difulcty 30 km away or even 5 km on the other side of the transmitters hill.
Tradeconnect in Sydney have the Worktunes for $149

Dean sells a set as well don't know brand or how effective on AM I like me local ABC for local news and issues

Greg,

Are you calling the red peltors with the jack ,the racetunes or are the racetunes a different brand?

I have only tried the yellow work tunes.The FMworks great indoors, or out.Just tried the AM and was not good.I will put new batteries in and see if it improves the AM.AM generally sucks and is staticky around here anyway.

Dependable though.Had them about three years now.Dropped them,throw them in the truck,treat them basically like any hearing protection.Treat them a little better than regs but dont have to baby them.

The red ones with the jack were a pita to locate last time I tried a year or so ago.I will give it another go.Ill call peltor as they are in my state.Just got to get off me arse and do it.

You say you have seen the reds or the yellows for the same price ?

------------------------

Andy B
03-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Dogs running loose.
Children running loose.
Toys.
Trees in the lawn.
Forgetting my ear muffs.
Slopes
The price of ZTRs.
Garden furniture.
Trampolines.
Clothes lines.
Cars on the lawn.
Customers who pay late.
The price of petrol.
My radio stations.
Couch
Bougainvillea
Roses
Acacias
Broken bottles
My house.
Wire in long grass.
Hoses in long grass.
Hoses in short grass.
Wasps
Back/neck problems.

I was looking up threads with the words stress as I was thinking about the stresses we face and how we overcome them. Then I came across this, this guy is a crack up! Can I'd add to his list but I can't stop laughing. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

redbackmowing
03-02-2010, 08:04 PM
i thought i might as well post it here.

gave a quote the other day to an old customer i haven't heard from for about 18 months. she lives in a unit so only a small back yard(about 4 x 8mtrs). quoted $10 more than last time. she put up a real stink about the price - only a small yard bla, bla, bla. so told her to get other quotes she said no she will still stick with me. she phoned next day to cancel my mowing. GOOD. i was happy. PITA. The hide of her. she phoned again tonight to see if i can still do it. told her not ever! she must of got other quotes & were more expensive. well ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty;

hate when that happens.

geoff
03-02-2010, 08:12 PM
reckon this post will get a roll...
hate..
customers that race out after you have started mowing the lawn , and thats after you have edged and whppered and say oh its not need doing..in that language you love..WTF
customers that say oh i forgot to go to the bank fix you next time then when next time comes agrue that they paid last time ;frosty;
customers that leave crap all over the place including dog s@it and when you mow around it they complain you havent mowed the lawn
you have missed a bit....duh dont you get it i dont mow dog crap
potential customers that say " oh its not that long only did it 4 weeks ago...yeah and what do you get when you arrive ;frosty;
this could go on forever :laughing: :laughing:

Bgs
03-02-2010, 09:15 PM
I hate weeding by hand

geoff
03-02-2010, 09:17 PM
I hate weeding by hand
especially when u have stiches in a finger :p

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
03-02-2010, 09:58 PM
I Hate facebook I refused to go on it for years now my misses has started going on it and all i seem to do is argue with morons on there

GreenHaven
04-02-2010, 02:52 PM
people that bail me up while im trying to work to complain about something that doesnt matter(small amount of lawn clippings on road etc), people that will walk in my way as i cant see them (lwhile whippersnipping) just so they can say something retarded and when i call or text the day befor i come to do their lawns and theres still cars on lawn or gates locked!

GreenHaven
04-02-2010, 02:53 PM
in short... morons

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
04-02-2010, 03:05 PM
people that bail me up while im trying to work to complain about something that doesnt matter(small amount of lawn clippings on road etc), people that will walk in my way as i cant see them (lwhile whippersnipping) just so they can say something retarded and when i call or text the day befor i come to do their lawns and theres still cars on lawn or gates locked!

Yes i agree with all of the above kids toys are the worse why dont people make there kids pick them up

simo
04-02-2010, 04:21 PM
People who only pay half of what they owe...People who cancel a job 2 days early because they herd it was going to rain in 2 days time..rocks..ants.. ant mounds..People who dont want there lawn mowed after rain but its dryed up..poeple who want more shrubs pruned after all the tools are packed up..people who park there car right behind the trailer leaving no room.. :rolleyes: there must be a zillion..

GreenHaven
04-02-2010, 04:40 PM
a block of units i did had an old guy do the "gardenng" he shoveled the edges and inch or so away from the curb so the was a nice trench for people to snap ankles in and the pop ups he would shovel a two foot circle around every sprinkler removing the lawn from around it......moron i tried to tell him it dangeerous, there pop ups theres no need but he just wouldnt listen

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
04-02-2010, 04:51 PM
a block of units i did had an old guy do the "gardenng" he shoveled the edges and inch or so away from the curb so the was a nice trench for people to snap ankles in and the pop ups he would shovel a two foot circle around every sprinkler removing the lawn from around it......moron i tried to tell him it dangeerous, there pop ups theres no need but he just wouldnt listen

Would be fun to sit there and watch everyone trip up

Stripes
04-02-2010, 04:51 PM
People that won't de-thatch their couch lawns or at least let me cut them short in Spring, then complain when the lawn looks **** in mid Summer because its on the highest setting the cylinder mower goes each week and scalps it most of the time. :i dunno:

People that say I brought lawn grubs in to their lawn from someone else's lawn on my mower.

People that only pay their bills just before the next bill is due to be given to them.

geoff1969
04-02-2010, 05:06 PM
potential clients that have the attitude but your just a gardener $15 / $20 per hour should be more than exceptable for your line of business - thats all the last 10 guys charged me .......

GreenHaven
04-02-2010, 05:09 PM
ah yeh thats a classic ive had that a few times where theve blamed me for bringing in weeds to their lawns and lawn bettles "whens the last time the lawns was treated for weeds" ummmm never" ahhhhhhhh or the lawn looks patchy after ive mowed it and they think it me cutting it to low but they say they havent checked the retic fertilized in the past decade or used soil wetter ever ahhhhhhhhhhh

i need a happy place to go to after having conversations with some customers sometimes

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
04-02-2010, 05:44 PM
potential clients that have the attitude but your just a gardener $15 / $20 per hour should be more than exceptable for your line of business - thats all the last 10 guys charged me .......

Yes i hate this and they dont figure in the fact you have 6000 dollars worth of equipment that needs to be paid off maintained and then eventually replaced.

Bluey
04-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Customers that watch your every move like a hawk

geoff
04-02-2010, 06:59 PM
the customerfrom hell that follows you and decides to do a bit of weeding whislt you are whippering nearby , always getting in the way and trying to tell you a story , moving your bags when you have them set up ..god u love em but please go inside and pay me when ive finished...just love it when no one is home :)

Stripes
04-02-2010, 07:04 PM
When you are almost finished a lawn and have about 10 seconds of blowing left when granny next door wants to come down to have a chat and is standing where you are about to blow. Stop the blower, take the ear muffs off, talk for a while then when you're done, take the backpack blower off, start it up, put it back on just to do that last few metres. Give me 10 more seconds Nan!

geoff
04-02-2010, 07:06 PM
When you are almost finished a lawn and have about 10 seconds of blowing left when granny next door wants to come down to have a chat and is standing where you are about to blow. Stop the blower, take the ear muffs off, talk for a while then when you're done, take the backpack blower off, start it up, put it back on just to do that last few metres. Give me 10 more seconds Nan!
yeah dont you hate that with the back blower..really need an electric start..nothing worse when someone want to say some thing and you spend heaps of time getting off restarting and putting back on

Redeye
04-02-2010, 07:06 PM
I Hate facebook I refused to go on it for years now my misses has started going on it and all i seem to do is argue with morons on there

Yep,despise it and the w*nkers on it - get a life
;frosty;

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
04-02-2010, 08:05 PM
I hate those places where some intelligent person has decided to put stones in their garden beds as mulch and no defined barrier between the garden bed and the lawn :mad:

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
04-02-2010, 08:13 PM
I hate those places where some intelligent person has decided to put stones in their garden beds as mulch and no defined barrier between the garden bed and the lawn :mad:

Yes i have several clients like that and think it is just a matter of time and a window is gone or worse a car driving pass. good point what happens if a car driving passs gets a rock in the windscreen.

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
04-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Yes i have several clients like that and think it is just a matter of time and a window is gone or worse a car driving pass. good point what happens if a car driving passs gets a rock in the windscreen.

Just throw the brushie into the nearest bushes and make yourself scarce ;frosty;

redbackmowing
04-02-2010, 09:54 PM
those customers who keep interrupting (mostly pensioners) it good just to put the blinkers on sometimes. they'll soon get the hint.

BLACK BEAR
04-02-2010, 10:07 PM
I reckon there is a fair chance they would get a shattered
windscreen :laughing: :i dunno:

The Local Gardener
05-02-2010, 12:14 PM
I reckon there is a fair chance they would get a shattered
windscreen :laughing: :i dunno:

I hate jumping fences, running over dog crap. Hate it when the mower runs out of fuel and you have about 5 sec of mowing left, hate it when the client says, "'but the other gardener said he could do it for 25 dollars..

Most of all i hate it when a particular ethnicity think you are a piece of what not and think they can get things done for free. :frightene

Andy B
05-02-2010, 12:18 PM
When a second person damages my car in two days! For crying out loud how hard it is to drive in and out of a car park and not hit anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

geoff1969
05-02-2010, 02:47 PM
the dick heads at the local tip who try to double charge you = 6 cubic meter trailer green waste at $22 per meter = $132 thanks .....look again love your trying to charge me for a 6 cubic meter trailer full i have a 3 cubic meter trailer = $66 max her reply $132 or take it back others are waiting ... ;dealers; arhhhh go get your frigging manager , her :frightene gets him ,he takes a look and replys ,no probs mate not much there all fluffy loose stuff $40 bucks will do .... thay realy **** me down there some days .....................

geoff1969
05-02-2010, 02:52 PM
d*** heads that work at the local tip and try to charge you for 6 cubic meters at $22 per meter when your trailer holds just on 3.5 ;dealers; ... get your friggin manager he looks at it arhhh $60 will do mate = better than her insistant attitude of $130 or take it back where you got it from .

geoff1969
05-02-2010, 03:10 PM
d*** heads that work at the local tip and try to charge you for 6 cubic meters at $22 per meter when your trailer holds just on 3.5 ;dealers; ... get your friggin manager he looks at it arhhh $60 will do mate = better than her insistant attitude of $130 or take it back where you got it from .

why did the post come up twice ???????? first time i didnt think it logged in

geoff1969
05-02-2010, 03:28 PM
When a second person damages my car in two days! For crying out loud how hard it is to drive in and out of a car park and not hit anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

sounds like your having as much luck as me andy ....
my last 24 hours = some one broke into my car took phone charger and about $20 in coin , argument at the tip , second last job for day pull starter cord on mower it starts but cord left dangling in my hand , call into mower shop to pick up blade carrier for utility mower only to find thay ordered the wrong one , :i dunno: i need a holiday .........

Andy B
05-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Chin up Geoff1969, can't let it get us down.

Which tip was it? The one on ferntree gully road had a rager the other week just before I was there, apparently guy took out boom gate and also two cars were damaged. I was spewin cause I got charged 3 times more than the day before for 2 extra white bags. I bit my tongue cause I thought it might put lady over the edge.

geoff1969
05-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Chin up Geoff1969, can't let it get us down.

Which tip was it? The one on ferntree gully road had a rager the other week just before I was there, apparently guy took out boom gate and also two cars were damaged. I was spewin cause I got charged 3 times more than the day before for 2 extra white bags. I bit my tongue cause I thought it might put lady over the edge.

hi andy
no wasnt that one i usualy use coldstream but my local one is up near warburton .. was one of those days i shouldnt have got out of bed done every thing twice , got kicked in arse for every thing ... :i dunno:

Bgs
11-02-2010, 07:00 PM
I hate clotheslines that don't wind up.

63impala
11-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Hey did you get them phos I sent bgs

Andy B
11-02-2010, 07:14 PM
I hate clotheslines that don't wind up.

Me too! Take em apart and fix them, and charge! Won't hurt your head then.

Andy B
11-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Or take the whole top off and throw it over back fence. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bgs
11-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Hey did you get them phos I sent bgs

Yes mate I will post them shortly :)

63impala
11-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Thanks man......

Andy B
25-02-2010, 12:44 PM
I tell ya sometimes... I shouldn't leave home without a coffee in the morning.

Off I go to the servo this morning and apparently put 11.191L @ $1.209 into my 10L plastic jerry can (as quoted on my receipt). Fair enough it's plastic and the walls bend but it didn't even get up to the 10L mark :mad:

Now partially cranky I say to the attendant how I just put 11L into a 10L can I don't know. He says "I don't know either" and laughed ha ha ha. So by now I'm about to lose it. I'm usually pretty calm but seriously cut the crud dude. I hand him an "avocado" ($50 note) and he says $36.45.

I say you've got be freakin' kidding mate I just put 11L into that jerry can. ;dealers; :mad: He said "no that's your change." :o :o

geoff1969
25-02-2010, 02:04 PM
if your positive of that andy that the pump said 11 litres and your can only holds 10 = the calibration of the pumps are out = wheights and measures need to be informed , = there not checking there equipment to save on costs = big trouble for them .... very hefty fines if proven ...

Bgs
25-02-2010, 03:44 PM
I hate sticks and branches that do impersonations of snakes

redbackmowing
25-02-2010, 03:55 PM
I hate sticks and branches that do impersonations of snakes

but its the snakes that impersonates stick & branches that you need to look out for. :p

Eastwood
25-02-2010, 04:04 PM
ain't that the truth bro, had a stick today that scared the s**t out of me.

chatza
25-02-2010, 05:30 PM
About the petrol.
10L is your safe storage limit for that container. All containers and fuel tanks are bigger than what the manufacture says so its up to the individual to make sure there doing the right thing.

MowerRob
25-02-2010, 05:52 PM
Dust-summer-heat-summer-dust-heat

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
25-02-2010, 05:58 PM

Off I go to the servo this morning and apparently put 11.191L @ $1.209 into my 10L plastic jerry can (as quoted on my receipt). Fair enough it's plastic and the walls bend but it didn't even get up to the 10L mark :mad:

Now partially cranky I say to the attendant how I just put 11L into a 10L can I don't know. He says "I don't know either" and laughed ha ha ha. So by now I'm about to lose it. I'm usually pretty calm but seriously cut the crud dude. I hand him an "avocado" ($50 note) and he says $36.45.

I say you've got be freakin' kidding mate I just put 11L into that jerry can. ;dealers; :mad: He said "no that's your change." :o :o

Im not sure on the rules down there in mexico but up here in queensland that happened to me once i put 55liters in a tank that was not quite empty on a lancer that held 45 liters was a reliable car did exactly 10k/l and i worked out should have been 43. told people about it they said ring fair trading. did that and recived cheque for the whole tank of fuel. this was a few years ago when petrol was about 80c a liter. any way was nice to get the $40 odd dollar cheque. I would see if there is a similar body in your area they apparently have a special tank that has a ball in it and it floats at 10 liter mark any more or less and there in trouble.

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
25-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Police that want to stick there nose in everything but a real crime. Have had the same copper here three times trying to tell my other half to put a dvo on me cause we had a argument in the yard.

Bluey
25-02-2010, 06:26 PM

Each and every time I fill my jerry I check the amount I put in. Never been wrong yet but I am sure these b*astards are ripping us off. I would push it top the hilt Andy. Ring anyone who will listen.

Redeye
25-02-2010, 07:22 PM
As stated before a 10 lt plastic can will hold 11+ litres, they have room left for expansion

Bluey
25-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Back on topic.

Idiot brain dead fools who think it is cool to drive at 100 kph in a residential area and burr up when you yell at them but are too scared to actually get out of the car to make good their threats. I love my big mean dog. :laughing:

The Local Gardener
25-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Each and every time I fill my jerry I check the amount I put in. Never been wrong yet but I am sure these b*astards are ripping us off. I would push it top the hilt Andy. Ring anyone who will listen.

I hate contractors, especially members of this forum, who don't wave when you drive past. Next time take a break mate and say g day. It wont kill ya...
You know who you are, and smile, that wont hurt you either... ;frosty;

BLACK BEAR
07-03-2010, 08:57 PM
Dont worry TLG, you know we all still love you :cheer:
I dont think it was me :rolleyes: but at my age my eyesight is starting to go :laughing:

SouthCoast Walker
07-03-2010, 09:07 PM
I hate having a big day mowing where everything is running smooth and then smashing my ute windscreen on the last job of the day, especially when I nearly left the job for the following day but decided to knock 1 more over. :mad:

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
07-03-2010, 09:12 PM
I hate having a big day mowing where everything is running smooth and then smashing my ute windscreen on the last job of the day, especially when I nearly left the job for the following day but decided to knock 1 more over. :mad:

I had this happen to me two weeks ago except it was a glass door instead of a ute windscreen. The real estate wanted to charge my credit card 900 to fix it but i told them no i have insurance to cover these things talk to them.

GreenHaven
07-03-2010, 10:06 PM
900 hundred bucks!!!???!!! i did a door window a few weeks back( my first since working for myself) and it was 330 i think and that was a frosted sand blasted pattern fancy style sounds like a scamola to me

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
08-03-2010, 02:15 PM
900 hundred bucks!!!???!!! i did a door window a few weeks back( my first since working for myself) and it was 330 i think and that was a frosted sand blasted pattern fancy style sounds like a scamola to me

Thats what i reckon and it was only a small door about 12 inches wide as there was 6 3 either side that constantened out.

Bluey
08-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Thats what i reckon and it was only a small door about 12 inches wide as there was 6 3 either side that constantened out.

Depends on the door. As I have said before they should claim it on household insurance if it wsa not directly caused by you. Don't pay if you don't have to.

Andy B
11-03-2010, 10:47 PM
Looking like a boof head... again. :)

I put my honda in for a service while I went away, never had a problem with her so thought I'd treat her to a pro. Got it back yesterday and second job today the fn' thing wouldn't start! I finished the job with my 21year old rover and went off to abuse the shop... the guy (a fella with a great name, incase you're reading) says give it here and starts it first go. :dean: :dean: :dean:

I must of flooded it as I attempted to start it while walking up the path instead of stopping. :mad:

Andy B
14-03-2010, 07:37 PM
Looking like a boof head... again. :)

I put my honda in for a service while I went away, never had a problem with her so thought I'd treat her to a pro. Got it back yesterday and second job today the fn' thing wouldn't start! I finished the job with my 21year old rover and went off to abuse the shop... the guy (a fella with a great name, incase you're reading) says give it here and starts it first go. :dean: :dean: :dean:

I must of flooded it as I attempted to start it while walking up the path instead of stopping. :mad:

It played up again on Saturday, turned out to be the 'Stop Switch'. It was sticking and wouldn't open up sometimes. My new best mate looked after me.

Mick
12-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Ahhhhhhh, the old "What do you hate" thread!

My lists still stand however, I dont use the pushy much anymore!

63impala
12-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Man push mowers are so out mabe in the 80s it was the thing Self drive is the way if you want cartlige in your knee caps when you are old....

Mick
12-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Pushy/self propelled are basically the same thing IMO! Both pita's!

ian
12-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Ahhhhhhh, the old "What do you hate" thread!

My lists still stand however, I dont use the pushy much anymore!
your list what list would that be :laughing:
and welcome to the site :laughing:

Mick
12-04-2010, 10:03 PM
your list what list would that be :laughing:
and welcome to the site :laughing:

Posts 4, 8 and 16 are the lists I wrote back then. I still hate most of the same but Im obviously still cutting grass!