PDA

View Full Version : Fuel and oil mixes

APS_QLD
14-12-2004, 10:41 PM
Just wondering due to the heat (qld) at the moment how often do you change your engine oil (pushies i'm talking). Also do you add extra oil in the fuel mix for two strokes so starting is easier?

Brian

Lawnman
16-12-2004, 10:17 PM
id b interested in peoples responce to adding extra oil to 2 srtokes for easier starting,as i have a sthill w/s and is a bugger to start when hot,but my blower also a sthill starts ok when hot.
i change my oils every 2-3 weeks.
i run my 2 stroke mix at 50 to 1,so for 5lts fuel i use 100ml oil.

APS_QLD
17-12-2004, 08:49 AM
I currently run at 33-1 which was reccomended by two mower places, I don't have trouble starting any of my two strokes. I have been changing my engine oil once a month depending on work load of the mowers.

Brian

pacific lawn mowing
17-12-2004, 01:42 PM
I give everything a service once a month oils blades etc.. I run the 2 strokes on 50/1 oil mixture which I find works fine. The edger sometimes is hard to start on very hot days but I find if I wrap it in a wet towel in between jobs it normally solves the problem. :aus-flag:

Indyanswer
20-12-2004, 11:20 AM
add more oil in summer when hot is the go and also add fuel conditioner such as opti-mizer fuel stabiliser.

also keep your 2/ sroke engines exceptionally clean as the breather fins around the motor need to breath it keeps the engine cooler

very high mainternance in hot conditions

do that and you will have no problems :wave-hi:

Alex Callaghan
20-12-2004, 05:17 PM
Try "Opti-2" two banger oil.

Mixed @ 100:1.

Has fuel stabilizer in it.

I have no issues with hard starting in hot conditions when I use Opti-2.