PDA

View Full Version : Scary moment

Redeye
17-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Just reading another thread made me think of scary/stupid things that have happened.
I was mowing the "council strip" out the front of a holiday rental at xmas time,just started, when I heard /felt something pass between my legs (I was using a Rover 560 ,drive disengaged, with the flap held up & the cuttings flying all over my legs ).It was a heavy duty tent-peg that flew out between my legs and lodged itself in the paling fence.
I still shudder to think what it could have done to my leg.
This was many years ago & was my wake-up call that led to me starting a "proper" business with the right gear & right approach.I was a hort'ist but treating it as a drinking money side-line back then.
Old enough to realise I'm in the best office in the "city" now :wave-hi:

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
17-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Just reading another thread made me think of scary/stupid things that have happened.
I was mowing the "council strip" out the front of a holiday rental at xmas time,just started, when I heard /felt something pass between my legs (I was using a Rover 560 ,drive disengaged, with the flap held up & the cuttings flying all over my legs ).It was a heavy duty tent-peg that flew out between my legs and lodged itself in the paling fence.
I still shudder to think what it could have done to my leg.
This was many years ago & was my wake-up call that led to me starting a "proper" business with the right gear & right approach.I was a hort'ist but treating it as a drinking money side-line back then.
Old enough to realise I'm in the best office in the "city" now :wave-hi:

Man thats lucky i would hate to have had that go through my leg I think it would tickle a bit.

Glenofcarwoola
17-09-2009, 08:45 PM
probably sounds lame but my scariest moment (on the job) was pulling a big weed out of some ones garden, only to have it give way all of a sudden causing me to fall back over a retaining wall onto a concrete path. Sure did daze me for 30 seconds after hitting my head but there have been no side effects so far far far far far ieowepor osdfno osdfohjo.

Arfa Brayne
20-09-2009, 11:06 PM
Following wisteria runner under a rock border, hooked the fingers around a thick "root" and pulled out a thankfully sleepy little black snake. Lucky it was cold weather. Lucky it wasn't a brown.

63impala
21-09-2009, 07:49 AM
I remember whene I was younger I was doing a lawn and my dad helped me I was wpippin and dad on trhe mower,this lady had golf ball everywhere dad lifted up the back to empty the catcher and bing there goes the golf ball right in front of my face must have been 40cm away.scary **** brother no more theeth for kev.

simo
21-09-2009, 08:51 PM
a couple of yrs ago i stood beside my sp mower it was on a high setting and was taking the catcher of when i felt a numb feeling on my toes when i looked down the top of my boot was gone thankfully all my toes where still there... :o

twin_cities_lawncare
21-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Like a lot of women, I'm not to keen on snakes, and we have seen a couple of big ones in feral lawns over the years, both of which got "damaged beyond repair" by my whipper-snipper-er hubby. One of my latest scary moments was when I was weeding around a low feature tree in a garden bed, only to catch a glimpse of a snake dangling over one of the tree's low branches a few centimetres away from where I was working. I reversed out of that garden bed so fast that I was out-of-there before I could even say "snake"...only to find out it was one of those fake snakes that people use to scare birds, etc. It sure did scare this old bird, but it also reasssured me that I would probably be quick enough to handle the real deal, if ever I got that close again :)

I'm not really mechanically minded either, so strange machine sounds can freak me out, like when the clutch went in the ute last wet season...and the other day when one of the tyres on the ute nearly fell off (because it seems when we had new tyres put on and the others rotated recently, they didn't do the nuts up properly.) There was an obvious grinding noise and when we pulled over to check it out, I found one of the back tyres on the ute only had one nut holding it on and 3 of the 5 studs were totally snapped off. Thank goodness we have RACQ insurance - we got a free tow to the place where we bought the tyres from and they repaired everything free of charge (and checked the other tyres while they were at it as well). I shudder to think what would have happened if that tyre had fallen off in busy traffic/high speed...I'm sure there is a guardian angel watching over me :ebony:

Andy B
21-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Back in the nursery days, I was bleeding a high pressure hose and being a stupid teenager decided to unplug it from the power point above me at the same time. Barefeet standing in a puddle, got shocked for about 5 seconds before I let go. I didn't even know it was happening, my parents came running when they heard me shouting aargh aargh aargh. It hurt my shoulders so bad and gave me a very healthy respect for electricity!

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
21-09-2009, 10:12 PM
Like a lot of women, I'm not to keen on snakes, and we have seen a couple of big ones in feral lawns over the years, both of which got "damaged beyond repair" by my whipper-snipper-er hubby. One of my latest scary moments was when I was weeding around a low feature tree in a garden bed, only to catch a glimpse of a snake dangling over one of the tree's low branches a few centimetres away from where I was working. I reversed out of that garden bed so fast that I was out-of-there before I could even say "snake"...only to find out it was one of those fake snakes that people use to scare birds, etc. It sure did scare this old bird, but it also reasssured me that I would probably be quick enough to handle the real deal, if ever I got that close again :)

I'm not really mechanically minded either, so strange machine sounds can freak me out, like when the clutch went in the ute last wet season...and the other day when one of the tyres on the ute nearly fell off (because it seems when we had new tyres put on and the others rotated recently, they didn't do the nuts up properly.) There was an obvious grinding noise and when we pulled over to check it out, I found one of the back tyres on the ute only had one nut holding it on and 3 of the 5 studs were totally snapped off. Thank goodness we have RACQ insurance - we got a free tow to the place where we bought the tyres from and they repaired everything free of charge (and checked the other tyres while they were at it as well). I shudder to think what would have happened if that tyre had fallen off in busy traffic/high speed...I'm sure there is a guardian angel watching over me :ebony:

Who was it you brought the tyres off? my father in-law rang me one day saying could i come and give him a hand I went to where he said he was to find him standing beside his hilux with the front passenger side tyre missing I said to him what happened. Same deal as you the guy at the tyre shop had not put it on properly. He said he had no controll but it just slowly went left any way luckly and along the road where all these groves starting as small ones with big gaps getting bigger with smaller gaps. ground half the hub away we had to replace it with a new one. His reply about replacing the hub was the bearings need to be replaced any way.

lenny
22-09-2009, 02:11 PM
when I was an apprentice greenkeeper many years ago, i was cleaning one of the ride on cylinder mowers. There were problems with the mower and you could not turn the engine off, but to engage the cylinders there was a seperate switch to turn them on.

Well the switch to engage the cylinders was off so I started to turn one of the cylinders by hand so I could give it a good clean. The cylinder has engaged with one of my fingers still in there and has taken a big gauge out of my index finger. I nearly passed out as I could see my bone in the middle of this hole in my finger.

Got stiches and all ok. My finger still can't bend it properply and in the cold weather it aches a bit.

Very lucky!!!

63impala
22-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Man I hit my leg with my hedgetrimmer and gut the **** out of my self I was like sweet,Americans bilt tough to carry stuff lol ha he ha.I got a very high pain tollerince That why I alway wanted to be a US MARINE.

Bluey
22-09-2009, 05:30 PM
As a fisheries officer in Thursday Island I often went on patrol of the west coast of Cape York by boat. Just the two of us and we would patrol halfway to Weipa and back. Well we were in a creek picking up this illegal net we found one afternoon. It had a a little stingray in it about a foot and a half across. If you grab them hard in the front of the eye socket it sort of paralyses them and you can get them out of the net not probs.

We were in our tender boat a 12 foot RIB and pulling in this net so I grabbed the stingray and gave him the stingray version of the Christmas hold. All was sweet but I must have relaxed my grip because the next thing I knew....WHACK....I look down and he has skewered two of my fingers together with his barb.

Ohhh my goodness that smarts say I....or the Aussie version of it anyway. So there I am with a 4 inch barb through my fingers and a none to happy stingray flapping around on the other end. I dispatch the stingray with a knife through the head but that doesn't stop him from flapping for a while.

My oppo takes a look and together we try to see if it will come back out. MAJOR PAIN...strike that out as an option plus their barbs have little serrated edges that stops that anyway. The sting is kicking in now too and if you haven't been hit by a stingray let me tell you it bloody hurts...big time.....double big time.

We end up cutting the barb off the body of the now thankfully dead ray. More attempts to push it through and pull it out. Bloody thing is stuck fast in my fingers and won't budge. Pain is increasing by the minute and my fingers are now twice their size.

We are a full 2 day steam from TI and at least a day to Weipa. What to do. Oppo gets on the HF radio and gets hold of the Police on Thursday Island who get the doc on the radio. Questions are asked and answers traded as I my hand swells more and faint little red tendrils start spreading up my wrist. I am of course taking this in my stride with a manfull attitude....not....thank christ the Navy taught me to swear because it came in handy that day. All the time the minutes are ticking away.

They ended up flying the Coastwatch helicopter down to us and medi vacced me back to TI but that was just the start of my woes. By the time I got there I was in enormous pain and literally seeing stars. My entire arm had swollen up to a massive size and my hand and lower wrist were purple. Big tendrils were all up my arm. Pain was coming is waves and my arm felt like it was on fire.

I got this half smart but pretty pommie nurse who insisted on whacking my hand in hot water. This is the immediate treatment for a sting ray hit but she failed to comprehend it had happened 6 hrs ago. The water was bloody hot and I told her in no uncertain terms what I thought of her and her hot water torture. She in turn told me to stop being a wuss and take the pain. Me a wuss. How dare she. I grinned and took it until the doc came in and told her to bugger off much to my delight. Turned out I was right though because the next day all the skin on my hand peeled of because she had burnt it .

So there I am. Arm the size of my leg, pain like nothing I had ever experienced shooting right up it and being boiled alive by the Nurse Nazi. Oh well in safe hands now the doc is here. Ohh how wrong was that. He looks at my arm sh*ts himself and immediately orders a shot of pethadine for me. Nurse Nazi whacks it in like it was a javelin and her target was on the other side of the room all the time smiling sweetly. I promise to kill her under my breath.

Now the doc starts to tug and pull at the barb. I gently tell him it hurts somewhat and that we have already tried these manouvers several times over. He just has to have a go doesn't he. After about 5 mins he sagely states it is stuck. NO SH*T SHERLOCK.

He then looks at me strangely. Asks me if I am feeling ok. Oh yeah I am fine doc. I have been skewered by a killer stingray, boiled alive by Nurse Nazi, my arm is in danger of dropping off. Couldn't be better. How are you.

But now he asks I must admit I am feeling pretty crook all clammy and sweaty and really sick in the stomach. Ooops before I know it up comes lunch. But I do have a small win because half of it gets Nurse Nazi. A small win but it is a win. Take that Nurse Nazi.

The doc asks me if I am allergic to pethadine. Don't know says I never had it. Turns out I am. Made me really crook. Worse part is they cannot give me any more or any other pain killers until it wears off. There is of course the small business of this barb in my fingers.

The pethadine is working though and the doc decides he has to cut it out so we sit there as he separates it into 3 pieces and finally manages to get it all out after a fair bit of cutting and pulling and swearing from me.

I spent the next day in hospital under observation from Nurse Nazi who was surprisingly cute when she was not trying to boil me to death. The doc gave me the barb bits as a momento. They let me out and I was under strict orders not to drink but the first thing I did was have a good belt of rum. My oppo got home a day and a half later having made the trip back by himself.

So that was it. Pretty scary for me at the time but I laugh about it now. I ended up going out with Nurse Nazi for a while until she left the island. She was pretty cute actually and forgave me for spewing on her. I never let her near me with hot water though just to be on the safe side.

Arfa Brayne
23-09-2009, 11:21 AM
Looks like your fingers healed up pretty good Bluey
They seem to be able to handle a lot of typing !!

Top story.

I managed to take my left thumb mostly off when chainsawing the crown out of a tree. Didn't realise it was rotted out till too late, and it pushed the saw down over the left hand.
Hard part was climbing back down the tree.
Never even dropped the saw!
The local doc sews pretty good, and did a great job at putting it back together again. The customer fainted when she saw the mess, and my wife just shook her head.

Bluey
23-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Looks like your fingers healed up pretty good Bluey
They seem to be able to handle a lot of typing !!

Top story.

I managed to take my left thumb mostly off when chainsawing the crown out of a tree. Didn't realise it was rotted out till too late, and it pushed the saw down over the left hand.
Hard part was climbing back down the tree.
Never even dropped the saw!
The local doc sews pretty good, and did a great job at putting it back together again. The customer fainted when she saw the mess, and my wife just shook her head.

Ouch that had to hurt. I am real careful with chainsaws

Mrs HMS
23-09-2009, 06:42 PM
As a fisheries officer in Thursday Island

Hey Bluey, when were you on TI? Used to know a couple who lived and worked there. She was a nurse in the local hospital!! He was the TI ambo. (Margot and Stan).

Bluey
23-09-2009, 06:47 PM
I worked in the Torres Straits first on the fisheries patrol boat Wauri from 1988 to 1990. The I came back as the District Officer on TI in 1996 to 1998. I don't recall them up front but if they were there at those time I probably knew them. When I lived on TI I was a committee member of the Boat Club and the president of the fishing club. The names sort of ring a bell though.

Mrs HMS
23-09-2009, 07:31 PM
They would have been there when you were. They left TI and came to Melbourne in 1990 when I started working for them as a nanny.

He was a tall, lanky pommy bloke and she was a short, dark haired Aussie.

Their last name was Allen I think.

Bluey
23-09-2009, 07:37 PM
I didn't actually live on TI during those times. We had 2 crews and used to fly one up and the other back and did 10 day patrols out in the straits. Sometimes we didn't even come back to TI but changed over at one of the outer islands. When we did come back in we only ever stayed a night before we flew out the next day. We normally had a few beers at the Royal or the Boat Club or the Police barracks.

I only lived on TI for the last stint from 1996 to 1998. It was during that time I fell victim to the sting ray terrorist.

begreen
03-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Geez talk about everyone with a scary moment or ten. Do think about it, did fall of a ladder cleaning some gutters and knocked the wind out of myself. Makes you think though when you do, do jobs on your own and the customers are not home. Insurance!, unfortunately.

Sandgroper
03-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Someone just fell off the Prime minsters roof cleaning the gutters.

The first post about the tent peg reminds me off the other day,,a lawn had a few lieing in the grass (a regular mow), lucky i found them all,,very dangerous.

Arfa Brayne
03-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Geez talk about everyone with a scary moment or ten. Do think about it, did fall of a ladder cleaning some gutters and knocked the wind out of myself. Makes you think though when you do, do jobs on your own and the customers are not home. Insurance!, unfortunately.
Did something similar about 10 years ago getting madiera vine out of a mulberry tree. Standing on the to step of a 2.4m step ladder and it went out from under. Landed on my back on a sandstone boulder.
Managed to clean up the rest of the job and go home with difficulty breathing.
3 broken ribs and a collapsed lung.

Arfa Brayne
03-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Scariest moment was when I used to run a Service station. We used to dip the tankers on the side street because the station wasn't level.
Stinking hot day, almost empty chamber on the tanker (full of fumes) and while I was dipping it I felt the dip rod touch something ?? What the??
Looked up and saw the dip rod had touched the power lines.
2 were insulated, 5 weren't.
I was SO lucky.

ian
03-11-2009, 09:47 PM
remember this and if you are still going to do gutters quote for the danger money and make it worth your while

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
25-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Putting the spray pack in the trailer today still half full of glypho 360 when the trigger must have pushed against something. Copped a full squirt in the eye and some in my mouth needless to say it was on my face as well. Was a tap right near me so spent about 5mins washing my eye out as best as I could and rinsing out my mouth (that stuff tastes like ****). Scared the crap out of me, Thought I was going to go blind til I rang the poisons number. Turns out in diluted amounts it shouldn't do much if you rinse it out, can cause slight conjuntavitas. But all is good. I dont think anyone in the street saw what happened. Some bloke tripping over himself trying to get to the tap as fast as he could. :laughing:

mowjoman
26-03-2010, 08:14 AM
I believe you need to ingest about 1 litre of neat round up to kill. Still not desirable to get any on ya but. On my nap sack the seal was stuffed on the lid and sometimes would dribble onto my back. Got a new seal straight away but it did give me an uncomfortable tingle/itch. I'd change straight away.

mowjoman
26-03-2010, 08:25 AM
My scariest happened not long into this game. I was mowing across the face of this large slope. At the bottom it leveled out bout a metre and then was a 10 foot straight drop into a creek so was going steady. Was a bit wet and was going along fine when I lost tracktion. Those with ZTR's will understand, I felt the front swing around to the down side of the slope and suddenly I lost it, to late to jump off was commited and tried like hell to screw it around. Got hold of her right at the bottom just in time. Had to stop for a bit cause was a bit shaken and had to change my jocks and I found that my bum had taken a big bite out of my jocks lol.
Stupidest thing I've done is cut the end of my finger to the bone with a hedge trimmer. Mind just wasn't on the job I guess and a lazy ring finger ventured too close and BANG. That hurt for a few weeks.

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
26-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Putting the spray pack in the trailer today still half full of glypho 360 when the trigger must have pushed against something. Copped a full squirt in the eye and some in my mouth needless to say it was on my face as well. Was a tap right near me so spent about 5mins washing my eye out as best as I could and rinsing out my mouth (that stuff tastes like ****). Scared the crap out of me, Thought I was going to go blind til I rang the poisons number. Turns out in diluted amounts it shouldn't do much if you rinse it out, can cause slight conjuntavitas. But all is good. I dont think anyone in the street saw what happened. Some bloke tripping over himself trying to get to the tap as fast as he could. :laughing:

A vet told me a dog needs to drink a liter of straight round up to die from it. I dont like getting it on me.

VJinTownsville
27-03-2010, 02:35 AM
I was mowing this crappy lawn and felt something tug at my pants leg but I just ignored it. I checked it later because of the "tap, tap, tap" on the side of my leg.

I looked down and I have a nice all metal fishing lure stuck on the inside pants leg just hanging there (bumper bar lure I believe).

Phew just imagine the thought of ya dilibags with a dirty rusty lure swingin around it.

Back to Basics
28-03-2010, 06:41 AM
Had to stop doing a yard clean up today early in. Was a shame because it was going to be a good payer for not too much hard yakka!

Started trimming some trees and hedges and it seemed like every tree or shrub I touched a swarm of either wasps or bees attacked.

I tried numerous strategies against these little buggers a I thought surely being six foot two and 110kg I had their measure, I was wrong. After being stung 6 or 7 times I thought the client could jam it up their bum.

I have sent them a email stating the need to get them removed before I commence the job again.

OUCH!!!!!!!

Stripes
28-03-2010, 07:15 AM
Had to stop doing a yard clean up today early in. Was a shame because it was going to be a good payer for not too much hard yakka!

Started trimming some trees and hedges and it seemed like every tree or shrub I touched a swarm of either wasps or bees attacked.

I tried numerous strategies against these little buggers a I thought surely being six foot two and 110kg I had their measure, I was wrong. After being stung 6 or 7 times I thought the client could jam it up their bum.

I have sent them a email stating the need to get them removed before I commence the job again.

OUCH!!!!!!!

Spewing! Once you know they are there, they just play with your mind. Every little thing that flies past you, whether its a fly or wasp makes you drop the machine and run as fast as you can to avoid another sting.

I have had a few jobs in the past where there are really aggressive Magpies swooping me all day. One of them used to actually hit me. I didn't know it was there until I got smacked in the back of the head!

Where I used to work, there was one job in particular where the Magpie hated us gardeners. There was one guy that it just wouldn't leave alone. He came over having a sook about it and I just said we all have to put up with it and told him to put on a hard hat if it bothers him that much.

I couldn't help but piss myself laughing as he walked back across the paddock, the Magpie come straight back at him and just bombarded him. About 10 minutes later the guy came back crying and throwing a tanty, grabbed his bag from the truck and left.
:i dunno:

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
28-03-2010, 07:21 AM

OUCH!!!!!!!

I brought wasp killer from bunnings the other day that stuff is awesom its like shooting a water pistol of stuff that kills them at them and there neast. Sprayed a nest in this tree 10 minutes later i was mowing underneath it like they where never ever there.

Bluey
28-03-2010, 07:48 AM
I brought wasp killer from bunnings the other day that stuff is awesom its like shooting a water pistol of stuff that kills them at them and there neast. Sprayed a nest in this tree 10 minutes later i was mowing underneath it like they where never ever there.

Like I said before use pyrethum spray at double strength. Best wasp killer I have found. It works on them instantly. They don't even make it off the nest in most cases.

geoff
28-03-2010, 06:58 PM
I would think meeting some people on here would be scary :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Andy B
28-03-2010, 07:26 PM
I would think meeting some people on here would be scary :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Better wear your brown jocks on the 18th of April. :)

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
29-03-2010, 05:11 PM

Who would it be scary to meet from on here.

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
29-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Who would it be scary to meet from on here.

Admin.... he might make you disappear. ;)

Just joking admin. :frightene

Mrs HMS
29-03-2010, 07:37 PM

The indi store has wasp killer!

http://www.indmowing.com.au/html/equipprtstr_recentspec.htm

About half way down the page :ebony:

Arfa Brayne
29-03-2010, 08:55 PM
One of my customers had the builders in doing additions. One chippie in particular thought he was the crows toes, mouth on full volume all day, ute always in the way, materials spread everywhere - you know the type.
Anyway, found a good size bluetoungue in the yard and was showing him to some of the blokes when big mouth rocks up wanting to know what's going on.
I turned around with a smile and said "got a present for ya", then dropped the bluey in his nail belt pouch.
The result was as surprising as it was funny!
Not sure what he opened wider - his mouth or his eyes, He threw his arms in the air and high pitch screamed like a hysterical 6 year old girl, while trying to run backwards to get away from bluey in his nail pouch. This went on for about 10 seconds (screaming all the time) untill he tripped backwards over some of his junk in the yard, and the bluey flew out of the nail pouch and landed on his neck. The scream turned to bloodcurdling murder as every part of his body decided to fend for itself, His arms tried to beat his neck to death, his legs tried to hide in his ears, and I reckon there was a couple of furry lumps in his throat as well.
The other tradies by this time were rolling on the ground laughing with tears in thier eyes, one bloke could barely breathe he was laughing so hard. My sides were still hurting next day.

Saw one of the tradies next mow. Apparently "mouth" never said a word for the next 2 days, and left the apprentice to finish off the rest of the job by himself.
Honestly, all I wanted to do was show him a bluetoungue. :i dunno:

Bluey
29-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Bugger me AB..I nearly fell of the chair andbroke me neck I was laughing so much. That got the wifes attention and she laughed so hard she had to go to the toilet. Funny story mate. Best one I heard in a while.

redbackmowing
29-03-2010, 09:59 PM
I have had a few jobs in the past where there are really aggressive Magpies swooping me all day. One of them used to actually hit me. I didn't know it was there until I got smacked in the back of the head!

Where I used to work, there was one job in particular where the Magpie hated us gardeners. There was one guy that it just wouldn't leave alone. He came over having a sook about it and I just said we all have to put up with it and told him to put on a hard hat if it bothers him that much.

I couldn't help but piss myself laughing as he walked back across the paddock, the Magpie come straight back at him and just bombarded him. About 10 minutes later the guy came back crying and throwing a tanty, grabbed his bag from the truck and left.
:i dunno:

heaps of butcher birds around here in spring. as soon as you turn your back their onto to you. had a couple in my backyard when i moved into the house. drew blood on the kids faces. anytime i had to go outback, on went the cricket helmet. after the breeding season i got a dog & haven't had any butcher birds since. the dog kills about 2-3 birds a summer.

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
29-03-2010, 10:24 PM
heaps of butcher birds around here in spring. as soon as you turn your back their onto to you. had a couple in my backyard when i moved into the house. drew blood on the kids faces. anytime i had to go outback, on went the cricket helmet. after the breeding season i got a dog & haven't had any butcher birds since. the dog kills about 2-3 birds a summer.

Mmm... Have had a close encounter with one of these. Got me just behind the ear...twice in the same spot in about a minute. Mongrel made me bleed like a stuffed pig :dean:

Arfa Brayne
29-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Bugger me AB..I nearly fell of the chair andbroke me neck I was laughing so much. That got the wifes attention and she laughed so hard she had to go to the toilet. Funny story mate. Best one I heard in a while.

Yeah, they reckon the South Australian Bluey's are even more scarier :eyes: :wave-hi: ;)

Andy B
29-03-2010, 10:47 PM
Yeah, they reckon the South Australian Bluey's are even more scarier :eyes: :wave-hi: ;)

The first bluey's I ever saw were on the 1st hole at the Sandy Gallop Golf course when I was about 4, told my Dad I wasn't playing golf any more because there were crocodiles on the course. Thirty or so years and I still haven't lived it down.

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
29-03-2010, 10:55 PM
The first bluey's I ever saw were on the 1st hole at the Sandy Gallop Golf course when I was about 4, told my Dad I wasn't playing golf any more because there were crocodiles on the course. Thirty or so years and I still haven't lived it down.

Those little blue crocs can be scary Andy :laughing: :laughing:

Redeye
30-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Time to grab the 410