PDA

View Full Version : Tsunami

APS_QLD
05-01-2005, 07:21 PM
Of people A lawn mower man have put the challange up for all mower persons to donate a days cut the affected people.

This is rushed together as i have to go out ASAP.

I was looking at setting up an account for people to donate to and in say 30 days forward on to red cross or what ever.

The amounts to be donated can be whatever you elect. Me i was going ask each client i run accross and ask for a few $$$$. After 30 days I'm sure we can come up with a good amount of $$ which will help the effected people.

View points thanks.

Will look after i get back and give more ideas.

Brian

Viceroy
05-01-2005, 07:29 PM
As i havent put any money foward yet .
Yes i will put some money in.
Ta
Paul

Topcat
05-01-2005, 09:13 PM
This is a good idea- something that indmowing should use to promote.... members ;)

And we orta jump on the bandwagon quick and use talkback radio to promote it in each capital city... :ebony:

Alex Callaghan
05-01-2005, 09:46 PM
I've already donated a 100 to the poor bugers!

Give me the AC details and I'll see what I can do.

APS_QLD
05-01-2005, 10:17 PM
Give me a chance to organise bank details for the account, I will try and get it organised for Friday. Will look at at least one other member person to have access to account so is above board.

I will be asking all my my customers for a donation big or small does not matter it will add up. I will also donate my own monies.

I agree with Topcat lets get behind this and yes if we can promote ourselves in the process so be it. All for a good course.

Any views ?

Brian

Topcat
06-01-2005, 06:15 AM
2nd person.....to view account, give Dean of Ebony a call, ask them to put something they can fax or email that we can give our clients.....

Good work Brian ! ;)

Nifty
06-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Happy to donate what I can.

One word of advice though, for the donation to be an eligible tax deduction the following Must be included in a receipt:

The name of the Fund, the funds ABN, a statement that the receipt is for a gift, the amount & the date.

I'm happy to construct an electronic receipt that contains this info & post it on this site somewhere for all to download & use if it's any help, but will need to decide on a fund to support. All you'll need to do is put in the amount & date & hand it over to the customer. Will probably just be in MS Word format if that suits everyone?
Let me know if anyone's interested.
Nifty

Indyanswer
06-01-2005, 03:08 PM
I think one billion that may be donated by the government should be enough dont you

i see one person walk past a poor person in australia and kick him whilst hes down or if i hear of another dying because he couldnt get a hospital bed or on time treatment or a mental patient stuck out in the cold with now where to go .
makes your wonder where the billion came from .
was it the prophits from grog or smokes or perscription drugs

tell me where all of a sudden do u find one billion dollars

as doctor evil says one billllllion dolllllars

APS_QLD
06-01-2005, 04:02 PM
Niffy,

I was aware there were a few things that would have to be organised so as to make it legal and tax deductable. I will contact my mate in the tax department and get his input. The last thing i need is hassles if not set up correctly. Will let everyone know the outcome ASAP.

Indy,

I was only looking at doing it and have one big donation made from everyone than lots of small amounts. I beleived it was for a good cause and also be excellent PR for the Independent Mowing Contractors.

I was not aware we were donating that much the last i heard was $500 mil. I also know where the Billion Dollars comes from, lord knows I just gave another $54.55 in GST to the governments money pit :o :o , from my new hedger.

Brian

Indyanswer
06-01-2005, 04:11 PM
brian yes i know what u mean but even if it is 500 milllion

500 million get this 500 million where the hell is that money been all this time

fine give it
but where the hell does that sort of money come from
when we sit there bleeding in the streets lookin for help for our own people
what the

no no no something quite wrong here with the decision makers in 10 days they can make a decision to give 500 mill to one billion dollars
yet they cant make a decision on our hospitals and aged and mental instututions
doesnt any body else see what i am seeing
or iam i a foot loop

they reckon we are doing so wel gotta slow down the economy well i think it will stop real quick lol

Hustler
06-01-2005, 04:28 PM
IM with you Dean on this ....... :mad:

APS_QLD
06-01-2005, 04:31 PM
Indy,

I can see what you are saying I was wondering the same for the 500mil, its seems it was easy as to slip out 500 mil and now 1 billion dollars like its spare change burning a hole in your pocket. I would like to see the powers to be put more monies towards our own Hospitals, schools, and needy people as well.

I was not looking at the donation from the contractors to be likened to the government in any way. This was only an idea to do what we can as individuals if we so elect to.

Brian

Indyanswer
06-01-2005, 04:42 PM
democracy is at work here in the forum people can do what they want to do all for that no probs

I figure i run for pm and when i get in i give the 25 million people that live here one million each then they can do or give what they want to any one or what ever .no more children in poverty all probs solved i will do what hawke couldnt do in two seconds

Vote 1
DEANO

Viceroy
06-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Great Someone broke the Ice
I woke up this morning to hear about 1 Billion dollars WOW.
Then i changed my tune. Thats about $500 per Man,Woman and Child in the country. Now that is a lot of money .
So now a little unsure :i dunno:
:aus-flag:

mojo111
06-01-2005, 06:06 PM
I think one billion that may be donated by the government should be enough dont you

i see one person walk past a poor person in australia and kick him whilst hes down or if i hear of another dying because he couldnt get a hospital bed or on time treatment or a mental patient stuck out in the cold with now where to go .

The one billion dollars will be donated over the next 5 years

Not in one lump sum.

They have to tax us first ;frosty;

Indyanswer
06-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Thanks Mojo I Needed That
Lolololol

mojo111
06-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Thanks Mojo I Needed That
Lolololol

No worries :wave-hi:

At least they are not going to hit us all in one bang.

Thanks mr Johny H ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty;

Alex Callaghan
06-01-2005, 07:48 PM
Geez.

Talk about bloody heartless.

Dean............Your coments are uneducated (like most of the time) and they only bring me to belive you'r more of a moreon than I originally thought!
You've out done yourself here.

I spose your an expert in disaster relive, logistics, rebuilding utilitys etc etc etc?
Do you have any idea how much these things cost!! Obiously not! Your ignorance and shortsightedness astounds me.

Also....who do you reackon will be contracted to rebuild alot of.........Buildings, sewer, water, roads, electrical, telephone etc etc etc?
Aussie Contractors!

I would like to think if somthing similar happened here we would have people willing to help finacially and in anyway posible! And they would!
I'd just be thanking my lucky stars that blokes like you weren't running nations that were in a possition to help.

APS_QLD
06-01-2005, 08:56 PM
I must have been misguided in thinking all people would have supported this, off course i am wrong.

I have my own views on this issue as everyone does and some maybe more effected than others.

I simply beleived WE as Contractors could do our bit, but it seems its going cause issues, so to be honest i'm not interested in something thats going to PIS^ some people off.

I think i will just give my monies or whatever to Red Cross save any bull**** I feel will come from the site over starting this up.

For people that were going to donate please still do so :) :wave-hi:

Brian

Viceroy
06-01-2005, 09:46 PM
Well said Brian.
We have sat down as a family tonight i will be putting forward some money next week.
As for some of the other posts.
Does the lines from this movie ring a bell ?
NISUS WETTUS:
Next. Crucifixion?

PRISONER #1:
Yes.
NISUS:
Good. Out of the door. Line on the left. One cross each. Next. Crucifixion?
PRISONER #2:
Yes.
NISUS:
Good. Out of the door. Line on the left. One cross each. Next. Crucifixion?
MR. CHEEKY:
Ah, no. Freedom.
JAILER:
Hmm?
NISUS:
What?
MR. CHEEKY:
Eh, freedom for me. They said I hadn't done anything, so I could go free and live on an island somewhere.
NISUS:
Oh. Oh, well, that's jolly good. Well, off you go, then.
MR. CHEEKY:
Naa, I'm only pulling your leg. It's crucifixion, really.

Topcat
06-01-2005, 10:01 PM
Maybe

Johnny Howards just been watching "Austen Powers"! Someone orta sit down & tell him what his just said! :wave-hi:

Give where it's needed!

Indyanswer
06-01-2005, 10:11 PM
Alex whats your membership number have you got one

Indyanswer
06-01-2005, 10:39 PM
this is what you posted b4 alex
So when yas boot me because I don't want to become a member of Indy Mowing and you'r charging people to read my posts, am I gunna get a cut of the money?!
Or are yas gunna erase all my posts for me?

I really dont think I fell comfortable knowing that you'll charging people to read my words of wisdom...........and stupidity!!!!

"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all."
- Sam Ewig

Indyanswer
06-01-2005, 10:44 PM
so alex please boot your selve

Indyanswer
06-01-2005, 10:55 PM
Brian it hasnt caused any problems i think its a good idea .

Tonyr
07-01-2005, 08:51 AM
What is also peeving me is hearing about how the rock spiders are coming into it talking children for their sick little reasons, poor kids just don't have a chance over there!

Instead of orphanages, why can't the govn't develop a practical system, shorten the waiting period for aussie kids and these kids for adoption?

Kids need good homes, plenty of good people able to supply this, not some outdated religeous mob with their own agendas....

What happened over there overwhelms me, too big to take in, like it couldn't of happen!

I reckon life is tough here, sure puts things into prospective seeing every family losing all or a large part of their family, friends, homes....I don't think I'd be as strong as them. Buring your kids under trash etc....heart breaking stuff!

On the news last night on channel 7 it said australia was giving 500 mil for immediate aid, plus another 500 mil for rebuilding, redeveloping their societies, infrustructures etc over the next 40 years.

Now I agree with the donation thing it it is your choice.

I also agree with Deans comment about how come australia lives so tight, yet can find a billion bucks so quickly, we have not enough police, not enough teachers, too many polititions lol, crappy roads, buggerall aussie doctors nowadays, all bloody imports!

While the govn't is always cutting back public services to us who pay the taxes, we are lucky to see a doctor in a hospital even if delivered in an ambulance nowadays, towns of 50.000 people hospitals only have one doctor, usually a traineee on at nights, and they don't lift a friggin finger!

We get taxed left right and centre, having things always reduced and made harder by our government, but they love to screw us down and give to others....so much for local loyalty from our govn't.

E.g we provide an oversupply of fruit, vegies, meat, tough market, Howard will allow cheap crap imports here to wind down our quality and send farmers broke to look after another countries trade deal, what about us??

I know I am getting off track, just trying to paint a picture as how I personally see how Howard can give away so much yet rob us so much and give nothing back!

I do support his decision, but wow, that much?

Why can't the bigger countries donate more??

I thought Indonesia had a large percentage of the population as rebels who actually hated australia, and now we are best buddies?

Maybe I have my facts wrong then :)

So....I don't think I would be so saddened if a big wave came in and washed the terrorists out of Iraq though, only the baddies though, so it would have to a clever wave LOL!

Raining here 2 days now so I can't get me slab poured, got 3'' so far....bad timing.

Tonyr
07-01-2005, 09:03 AM
A question....

These countries we go to to help rebuild, if Australia had a disaster or something would Iraq, Indonesia, Bali etc come here and rebuild us, or invade/ pillage?

Food for thought....we are a struggling country with a small defence force, poor community health systems, yet we can always find money to help other countries when so many issues here aren't fixed to the never enough available funding excuse!

Pul-ease!

Yes, helping other countries is good, but generosity should start at home, fix up our issues before overseas countries especially corrupt and ones we have conflicts with, just my uneducated bias opinion of course. :)

Indyanswer
07-01-2005, 09:31 AM
Tony the big wave is going through iraq its called americanarmy little bit different to the soonarmie go yanks

Indyanswer
07-01-2005, 09:42 AM
Tony spot on
i see doctors going over for free fantastic
but in australia we are short of doctors nurses as we dont have the money for the beds our police are paid less than a lawnmowing contractor
nurses are allways on strike
teachers allways striking
lawyers and solictors paid more than the prime minister

But i can tell you now he promised a billion and i bet you ten bucks
he gives them a third of that because as usual the pollys are fuull of it
nothings changed in two thousand years
i call them puppets of the day crowd pleasers let the people hear what they wanna hear thats what they do best but they never fullfill there promises
so expect 2-300 million going out of the treasury thats all the people will give that much in three years
mark my words
as Captain Jack Sparrow once said

Tonyr
07-01-2005, 09:52 AM
Tony the big wave is going through iraq its called americanarmy little bit different to the soonarmie go yanks

LOL, I'll pay that! :laughing:

So to bring me up to speed, is usa at war in an attack sense, or more the passive sence of tring to keep peace?

like, are they over there to wipe out terrorists with aggression or trying to sort stuff out gentler and rebuild etc?

Tonyr
07-01-2005, 10:02 AM
Tony spot on
i see doctors going over for free fantastic
but in australia we are short of doctors nurses as we dont have the money for the beds our police are paid less than a lawnmowing contractor
nurses are allways on strike
teachers allways striking
lawyers and solictors paid more than the prime minister

But i can tell you now he promised a billion and i bet you ten bucks
he gives them a third of that because as usual the pollys are full of it
nothings changed in two thousand years
i call them puppets of the day crowd pleasers let the people hear what they wanna hear thats what they do best but they never fullfill there promises
so expect 2-300 million going out of the treasury thats all the people will give that much in three years
mark my words
as Captain Jack Sparrow once said

Yep, it is a shame, but I think ya right, I just have no trust for pollies, I'm very sure the main purpose most get into politics is for the money, not for us...they forget they are the public servants, yet we are made to think we are their servants, like peasants unde them.

the time everyone gets a cut it will be interesting to see just how much REALLY gets delivered....

we have far too many problems here that should be fixed before going and giving so much away to countries that I personally doubt would ever return the favour.

I have to say, I do support people donating, a personal choice thing and should be encouraged, and I'm happy for govn'ts to lend help etc, but when we are struggling why toss us to the side to help these poor countries that can/would never help us?

OR are we indirectly BUYING them, hmmmmm, makes ya wander?

Indyanswer
07-01-2005, 10:04 AM
Tony
as i see it the Americans are there because of 9/11 that tipped over the edge
the cia fbi ufo etc etc know more than we will ever know all i know is what ive seen on the tele in the comfort of my own home
All i can say is good on them they will stand up and be counted for what they believe in there is allways critics about everything i know if i was in iraq and i was living under saddam i would be glad that 18 year olds and up put there life on the line for my freedom there may be under currents higher up but down below as usual the troops are doing it for the right reason and that counts more than the under current

Praise those troops THE Australians Americans ENGLISH AND THE REST
And bless the familys

I am surprised how ever that the other freak is still alive (osama)
now theres a rock spider

Indyanswer
07-01-2005, 10:11 AM
Tony
People said that about the Americans they said they where there only for the oil
in Iraq
maybe the American pollys think that way who knows
and use things as an excuse
but i dont think so
only 30 percent of the world is evil
the other 70 per cent keep them in check lol
People like to do good generally
thank goodness or this planet would really be a **** hole lol

Tonyr
07-01-2005, 10:35 AM
Tony
as i see it the Americans are there because of 9/11 that tipped over the edge
the cia fbi ufo etc etc know more than we will ever know all i know is what ive seen on the tele in the comfort of my own home
All i can say is good on them they will stand up and be counted for what they believe in there is allways critics about everything i know if i was in iraq and i was living under saddam i would be glad that 18 year olds and up put there life on the line for my freedom there may be under currents higher up but down below as usual the troops are doing it for the right reason and that counts more than the under current

Praise those troops THE Australians Americans ENGLISH AND THE REST
And bless the familys

I am surprised how ever that the other freak is still alive (osama)
now theres a rock spider

I agree Dean, well said!

Osama....with the worlds resources, how can this one pshco not get caught?

Sorry if this offends anyone, not meant to...but ain't it "funny" how most of the terror is born in these highly religeous countries?

Ain't religeon about peace etc? (never read bible, only guessing)

Still raining...while that is great, slab won't get poured till next week now, and we gotta be outa here by next Monday, Yikes!
10.30 and I'm bored crazy, miss my morning jungle bash with the red goat LOL.

Might read paper see what is going on in the world apart from our conversation lol.

Viceroy
07-01-2005, 10:57 AM
Some great posts Dean and Tony.
Some good reading and you both didnt have to put down or crucify any of the fellow members.
:wave-hi:

Tonyr
07-01-2005, 11:15 AM
Thanks mate...

Gosh, I never mean to put anyone down, my posts are usually just havin' fun, personal digs n such are meant as fun, but i understand what i think can be in light humour whilst typing, could be taken different by the reader.

Still reckon red goats are bestest of all the goats out there LOL!

odin
07-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Lol: Where to begin on this thread.

First off I feel bad for the people over there in Indoneisia.The countries /peoples of the world should help.A collective effort.

I think that the oil rich Muslim countries should be bucking up some serious money as they are their people so to speak.I have not heard of huge donations comming from the richer Arab countries.

I am not donating any more money than what I put in for taxes.Lots of money will make it and lots of money will be pocketed by the who's who in the suits world.For you people I would dig deep,but not for them.

I dont look at the Indo's as being my friends.I also remember a few years back looking at the crisis in East Timor,They were not being very nice to the non muslims in the region.I do believe they were some of the people cheering on 9/11.Not for us either.

I dont believe they or many other nations, specially muslim nations would send us or you squat in a simular situation.Some dont have it ,and most wouldnt even if they did have it.

Looks like our polititions are cut from the same cloth. lol. Where do they pull this money out from. Amazing ,at the snap of a finger
hundreds of millions are allocated for these things,like nothing.

All our tax donations are going into the debt collum with the war.Money that our childrens children will be paying off.Money that could be for our failing retirement system.The money our gove is sending is small change actually ,compaired to what the war is costing.Last I heard it was 350 mil.Peanuts around here,as the gov goes anyway.

Iraq: Was a big f*cking mistake.Bush either got his head up his a$$ or his hand in the money.I think the latter.That place is nothing but a huge money pit.The reason we are in Iraq is not because of terrorism.Has to do with Israel,oil,and having a foot hold in the middle east.That place is smack in the middle.Can hit any one from there.If you have not seen the movie Fahrenheit 911 see it.I know the guys at the yank sites knock it.Most of it is good though.For a country of people that could have a democracy they dont seem to be doing sh!t to help.Anyway its good for the people who make money off war.Not so good for all the rest.

Osami is hanging out in western pakistan they say.See any U.S troops there ?Only a handfull in Afghanistan.Our own goverment admits that Iraq had nothing to do with 911,and no weapons of mass destruction have been found either.Bush used 911 to get into Iraq which is something the U.S has been trying to do since they blew the chance in the first gulf war.He used fear and hate.He knew the people would want pay back and that Iraq would do.Iraq has been on the menue for along time.Clinton kept them soft for 8 years by bombing.Thousands of sorties were flown during his time. Alot of Iraqis died in Gulf War 1 thinking the US was going all the
way to Bahgdad. The shiates rose up in mass thinking we were comming,only to be slaughtered by saddam when we didnt .Ten years of sanctions also took their toll.

Both Bush and Clinton had chances to get Osami before 911.Both declined the offer.Maybe osami was more valuable on the loose than dead or in jail.Things that make you go hmmmmn.

Anyway enough rant for the moment.

---------------------------------
The Down East Beast :cheer:

Tonyr
07-01-2005, 11:51 AM
I thank you Jack for that post, very informative, made sence to some of my questions.

i am sure we humans will eventually kill ourselves out, no need for a planet crash etc lol.

odin
07-01-2005, 11:57 AM
About the kids.Here is an interesting article about that and adoptions.

http://kevxml2adsl.verizon.net/_1_8E4T2402YUJJH6__vzn.dsl/apnws/story.htm?kcfg=apart&sin=D87ER3080&qcat=usnews&ran=1509&passqi=0&feed=ap&more=1

Seems many muslim countries don't like to let orphans go to non muslim countries.Seems the are afraid they will be converted.So looks like a no go for now.Lots of interest from the people of the western countries to adopt.

Also the west says that people have to be counted for and made sure they are infact orphans.

They can take our money ,but they cant take our people or religions. lol :i dunno:

-------------------------------
The Down East Beast :cheer:

Alex Callaghan
07-01-2005, 12:15 PM
this is what you posted b4 alex
So when yas boot me because I don't want to become a member of Indy Mowing and you'r charging people to read my posts, am I gunna get a cut of the money?!
Or are yas gunna erase all my posts for me?

I really dont think I fell comfortable knowing that you'll charging people to read my words of wisdom...........and stupidity!!!!

Yeh.......I did post that in anouther thread.

So whats ya point :i dunno:

Indyanswer
07-01-2005, 02:08 PM
Alex
i didnt think u would get the point
so here it is in plain english if u put any one else down attack some one elses character

i will boot you of

now do u get the point

or do me a favour
just boot your selve of

and grow up

is my point clear enough

Alex Callaghan
07-01-2005, 03:21 PM
Boot me ya self if ya want me gone.

How what I said in that other thread traslates to......"if u put any one else down attack some one elses character" I'll never know!

Your point is clear............you cant handel some bloke calling you a moreon because you jump into a thread about helping people that have just had everything they know taken away from them and many people having their dear ones die and you start talking about the pollatics of it all and how what the governmant has given them is enough etc and generally being an unsypathetic butt head and turning what should be a thread about human compashion into somthing else.

Brain was trying to orginise a good thing and you jump in with some uneducated coments about polatics and how much money you think they need.

It heaved me right off!!

So if you can't handel it..............boot me dean.
Your choice mate........I'm not going to stop visiting the forum because I spoke my mind!

collingwood
07-01-2005, 03:26 PM
Hey all

I'm not going to get into this whole govt donating too much money, pollies suck issue etc etc. I haven't really got an informed opinion on the whole thing as yet.

I purposely haven't been watching too much of the news because it is overwhelming & depressing & it's in ya face all the time.

I have done uni study on Asia & lived in China for 2 years so I have some idea about Asian culture, their standard of living etc.

Asia is our direct neighbour-we are a western country located in the Asia Pacific. A lot of what is going on with the money donated is about/could be about foreign relations, strengthening the ties with Asia because we need to. Indonesia could be, if we are not careful,a great threat/enemy with the Muslim/Islamic tension & terrorist groups.

We are always so busy pissing in Americas pocket & chumming up to them but if push comes to shove are they going to help us out if we need them. Who knows?? Besides they are far away on the other side of the world...Asia is on our doorstep. It wasn't so long ago that we faced the threat of Japan on our shores.

I know we have a lot of problems in this country and there is a lot of injustice, but compared to the poverty & corruption in parts of Asia it is nothing. Indonesias govt is one of the most corrupt in the world & a lot of the country live in terrible poverty with very high unemployment while the govt/military suck them dry.

Indonesia has a new President so Johnny is probably also trying to make a good impression with him as he couldn't even get to see the previous pres- Megawati Sukarnoputri- let alone work on the foreign rels.

Is it too much money? Will it be put to good use?...Will they even see it????? I don't know. But a lot of these people lived in conditions we wouldn't even dream of living in before the Tsunami hit let alone now.

Indonesia, Sri Lanka govts etc also need to pull their heads outta their own butts & help their own people, but they do need the help of developed countries like us because they have vast populations & just don't have the resources, infrastructure, technology, economy etc to do it themselves. They are hopelessly ill-equipped to deal with something like this & their standards of hygiene & living are much lower than ours so the threat of disease is high.

Maybe the worm is turning & we will become more Asia orientated & less Americanised.

So if you guys wanna go back & forth with this that's fine-**** still happens & people are still gonna be sick, dying & in need both over there & here. I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

Just my two bobs worth

Lindy

NLALM
07-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Thats dead right that billion is paid by every one who pays tax thats all of us.

Topcat
07-01-2005, 06:14 PM
With all said,

I will now consider my donation as part of one billion dolllars.

Now I will get on with life as we know it :)

A good thought, But I have no opinion on this matter, taxes seem to be taking care of it.....

Enjoy yourselfs

I off for a week on the Murray

Indyanswer
07-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Alex this is what i posted

Alex this is what you posted

Dean............Your coments are uneducated (like most of the time) and they only bring me to belive you'r more of a moreon than I originally thought!
You've out done yourself here.

Alex now explain why u said what you said about what i posted

Indyanswer
07-01-2005, 07:45 PM
where does it say dont give money

i asked a question and made an observation

Alex
you seem to think i was a moron b4 i posted and more so after
why would you think that there is nothing in the posts to even up set you

i think ive made a couple of posts in the last 6 months bar the ones when i made it a closed forum

now why would you think im a moron

Indyanswer
07-01-2005, 07:50 PM
And Alex
dont use this as an excuse

I can be a bit of a plonka arefter a couple of beers as you know.

Alex Callaghan
07-01-2005, 08:18 PM

If you can't see how you have jumped in with nothing in mind but a negative perogative YOU should be the one that looks at ya self in the mirror and grows up.

Get a grip dean.

Go and do a search on how we can afford 1billion (500mill of wich is a loan)
Ever heard of world debt?

Go and educate your self before you run your mouth :rolleyes:

You say "I think one billion that may be donated by the government should be enough dont you"
Really dean............do you have any idea how much it's going to cost :laughing:

Go and do a search on the subject and learn somthing!
Shure beets talkin out ya bum!!

Topcat
07-01-2005, 08:50 PM
This seems to be getting out of hand.

Time to grow up :laughing:

and remember the money's going through their army, for they run the country. So lets just watch! :rolleyes:

So, lets just get on with it - Members, use the forum for it's purpose not to b-i-t-c-h.

We mow lawns for ______ sake! :aus-flag:

mick
07-01-2005, 08:55 PM
I've done very well I reckon keeping quiet about all this. I will how ever say that everyone has very valid points. I sort of agree with everyone but I think Collingwood got it... Most right!

I personally hate "ALL" governments and trust KNOW ONE! However, after seening the poverty in some of these countries first hand, you youd have to be a dead set b@stard not to want to help out in some way. If you want to leave it to OUR tax dollar donation, thats fine but you will not get a lolly when you go to heaven! haaaaaaaaaaa

What ever .... Really! Everyone to there own!

All that aside, heres a copy and paste of an email I got from an older family friend who lives in Sri Lanka!..............

Just a brief sit-rep, will get back to you with more detail ASAP.
The phone system here isn't worth diddly. We've been waiting for six weeks for Sri Lanka Telecom to fix our phone and then this. Guess we'll be waiting a bit longer, not really a problem considering the level of catastrophy all around us.
Enough of the excuses.
Bonny and I are OK, battered and bruised along with numerous cuts and abrasians, but no broken bones or anything else major.
We were both at a new resort, owned by English friends of ours, for Christmas and stayed the night, were actually all outside about to have a cup of coffee when the Tsunami hit. We were all amasingly lucky. Verena got to high ground in the restaurant (no injuries); Steve, her husband spent his time hanging off the roof guttering with his pants and underpants around his ankles, probably not a pretty sight and one we were all spared, being otherwise engaged (bruised ribs and a couple of cuts); Bonny got washed into the Kitchen, couldn't get out and was washed around with all of the kitchen equipment, furniture and debree and was pinned underwater beneath a fridge for a while, then got out the back door, which promptly closed on her arm, which she gradually worked out from between the door and jam (bruised ribs, arm, fingers and right breast) and was able to hang on to the door frame of an outside toilet at the rear of the kitchen; I got washed into one of the guest rooms through a closed exterior door and couldn't get out, so was bashed about with the furniture, bricks and glass from the front wall of the unit and eventually was washed out the toilet window (minor cuts and bruises).
Until it was just about over, none of us could see anybody else so we were each more concerned about each other.
All in all, our little group came out of it very well.
A lot of people weren't so lucky, both locals and tourists.
After the Tsunami, Bon and I spent a couple of nights on the outskirts of Tangalle with friends and this became a gathering point for other foreign survivors as well. We are back home in Rekawa, which is totally undamaged. Bon's been back into town each day to help out, whilst I've stayed home. I wouldn't have been of much help as I couldn't walk much for the first couple of days.
Hope this alays the fears a bit and Bon and I will send more detail ASAP.
I weant to send this while the bloody phone is still working so will finish now.
Best regards to all from both of us.
Bonny & Nigel

I'll add that Bonny is a hotty!.... For her age! heeeeee Very cool on the wine too! haaa

Just thought you might be interested with a FIRST hand account of it was like!

Indyanswer
07-01-2005, 09:20 PM
well see ya Alex you have a couple of days then your booted

collingwood
07-01-2005, 09:40 PM
[QUOTE=mick]I've done very well I reckon keeping quiet about all this. I will how ever say that everyone has very valid points. I sort of agree with everyone but I think Collingwood got it... Most right!
[QUOTE]

Aw shucks Mick.........gee thats awful nice of you......I just feel all warm & fuzzy inside now ;)

Lindy

mick
07-01-2005, 09:43 PM
well see ya Alex you have a couple of days then your booted

You have got to be JOKING!

Alex disagreed with what you posted, perhaps strongly but does it really have to go that far? :i dunno:

Why dont you just argue your point and see where it goes!

Dean, honestly, we dont see you for months on end and then you come in with pretty harsh words sometimes, then your gone again! Sh!t mate, you seem to bait people sometimes and even me once that I recall! I kept quiet about it though and coped sh!t from others on here for not arguing further!

If you have an opinion about.... anything, make it but you have to stick around to converse/defend/argue about it if you feel strongly enough about it! Its only human for us not to agree sometimes but you shouldn't just cut and run!

mick
07-01-2005, 09:48 PM
[QUOTE=mick]I've done very well I reckon keeping quiet about all this. I will how ever say that everyone has very valid points. I sort of agree with everyone but I think Collingwood got it... Most right!
[QUOTE]

Aw shucks Mick.........gee thats awful nice of you......I just feel all warm & fuzzy inside now ;)

Lindy

I'm serious mate, been to India, and Indo and they have .... nothing but dirt filth and god! And dogs! Thats goD spelt backwards by the way! Is the evil? :i dunno:

Indyanswer
07-01-2005, 09:52 PM
again i dont care if you agree or not thats fine
havent baited any one havent said any harsh words

As i said to alex you can say what you like but you dont attack people call them names and so on and i wont stand for any one doing it to any one that its a form of bullie ism and what just because its me this time i should say thats ok

And i have allways said its here for people to use not to abuse
now do u get it.

Indyanswer
07-01-2005, 10:00 PM
I hAVE MADE 172 POSTS
MOST OF THE TIME TO BUSY TO BE HERE
YOU CAN GO ON MY NAME AND LOOK AT THE 172 POSTS
I CANT SEE ANYTHING THATS NASTY OR OTHER WISE

mick
07-01-2005, 10:10 PM
I think someones a little crankey!

I think you need one of these!..... Or 10! haaaaaaaaaaaa :laughing:

Obviously I dont!

Indyanswer
07-01-2005, 10:14 PM
Dutch Courage I Dont Think So

mick
07-01-2005, 10:17 PM
I was just sittin here playin a bit of guitar and realised.... I Baited Dean! Oh NO! haaaaaaaaaaaa :russ:

Indyanswer
07-01-2005, 10:18 PM
mICK alex can disagree all day long any one can

thats is not the problem

Heres A Tip dont come into my house use my stuff eat my food and drink my drink and call me a wanker on the way out because i will wipe my feet

mick
07-01-2005, 10:19 PM
Dutch Courage I Dont Think So

Mate, that was the last thing I was thinking of!

For f@rks sake, its Friday night! Lighten up would ya! Thats what I meant! :i dunno:

Indyanswer
07-01-2005, 10:23 PM
Yes youre right too busy to be in here chatting

mick
07-01-2005, 10:23 PM
Alex is my mate and I dont want him to be banned! :i dunno:

Thats All!

Indyanswer
07-01-2005, 10:24 PM
gotta get things put on ebay site

collingwood
07-01-2005, 10:24 PM
I'm serious mate, been to India, and Indo and they have .... nothing but dirt filth and god! And dogs! Thats goD spelt backwards by the way! Is the evil? :i dunno:

Mick....Hey I know about dogs...... in this filfthy little country town I was living in China they used to slaughter them in the markets in front of you & you could buy puppy heads skinned on plates with the tongue stickiing out. When I got dogs paws served up to me at a friends dinner party I had to pass though....I think it was the claws that put me off...yikes!!!! :eek: Dogmeat and turtle I wouldn't touch.......Oops!!!! sorry off track here people....just leaving

Lindy

Indyanswer
07-01-2005, 10:25 PM
Mick

sorry mate

u can talk to him via email lol

Indyanswer
07-01-2005, 10:26 PM
more people will start joining in soon so u can make some more friends

Topcat
07-01-2005, 10:26 PM
Good Night boy's

Lets all get into bed ;)

Before it hits the fan...

Good night...! ;)

mick
07-01-2005, 10:29 PM
Mick....Hey I know about dogs...... in this filfthy little country town I was living in China they used to slaughter them in the markets in front of you & you could buy puppy heads skinned on plates with the tongue stickiing out. When I got dogs paws served up to me at a friends dinner party I had to pass though....I think it was the claws that put me off...yikes!!!! :eek: Dogmeat and turtle I wouldn't touch.......Oops!!!! sorry off track here people....just leaving

Lindy

Saw a sick thing on tele one night! In China I think! Had a big white german shepard looking dog hung up on a tree by its back legs, beating it to death with a club! Fear and stress is supposed to make it taste better!

Felt like diving through the tele and killing that c*nt! Real bad sh!t mate!

mick
07-01-2005, 10:31 PM
more people will start joining in soon so u can make some more friends

What do you mean by that?

Indyanswer
07-01-2005, 10:33 PM
The administrator is on holidays so no one else can be let into the forum so when he gets back we should have a few :who-knows

mick
07-01-2005, 10:37 PM
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm playin guitar!

Indyanswer
07-01-2005, 10:38 PM
yes i turned me speakers off god awful noise :russ:

Topcat
07-01-2005, 10:39 PM
What do you mean by that?

Mick- go to your room & close the door :laughing:

No supper!

Alex Callaghan
07-01-2005, 10:40 PM
Dean

Someone disagrees and has a dig at ya and ya boot em!

Big man.

Talk about a power trip for ya!

Topcat
07-01-2005, 10:42 PM
Mick went in to bat for you!

Why can't you leave it alone...............

mick
07-01-2005, 10:44 PM
Mick- go to your room & close the door :laughing:

No supper!

No! I will not! Im gonna get more drunt now! :russ:

AND PLAY LOUDER!

Topcat
07-01-2005, 10:46 PM
No! I will not! Im gonna get more drunt now! :russ:

AND PLAY LOUDER!

:aus-flag: LOL

Alex Callaghan
07-01-2005, 10:47 PM
Mick went in to bat for you!

Why can't you leave it alone...............

Just speaking my mind Dennis.

I'm not just gunna sit here mate.

Indyanswer
07-01-2005, 10:48 PM
I will try again
I am not booting you because you dis agreed

I am booting you for attacking someone personally for no reason

its not the end of the world

mick
07-01-2005, 10:49 PM
Just remembered, I spoke to me mum the other day about donations. She gonna give to a charety that helps animals! :i dunno:

Ummmm come to think of it, isnt that the ....... No I wont say it!

mick
07-01-2005, 10:50 PM
I have a solution! DELETE this hole thread and start fresh! :i dunno:

on edit.. With out the Alex boot off! Simple!

Alex Callaghan
07-01-2005, 10:53 PM
I will try again
I am not booting you because you dis agreed

I am booting you for attacking someone personally for no reason

its not the end of the world

As I said before.............Your comments heaved me right off.

Was a good reason for an "attack" for me!

Yeh.............it aint the end of the world..............Ya not bloody wrong! Your the one booting someone for having a go at ya :rolleyes:

Topcat
07-01-2005, 10:53 PM
Alex- what do you think..................

Mick's idea, or phone a friend :laughing:

I was alway taught, if you can't say something nice- then she'd hit, come to think of it she never did finish...lol :laughing:

Alex Callaghan
07-01-2005, 10:57 PM
Eddie.............I'm pretty sure it's A/.....Micks idea.

Topcat
07-01-2005, 11:00 PM
Closed tread - Thank you all for your input. :)

mick
07-01-2005, 11:04 PM
DELETE IT!

But dont Delete Alex! Not yet anyway! :wave-hi:

pbm
07-01-2005, 11:14 PM
I thought this thread was started to help people affected by the biggest tsunami the world has seen so far............this thread is still making waves eh eh :laughing:

Tonyr
07-01-2005, 11:14 PM
Well that was fun reading several pages catching up!

I agree with ya Mick, delete this thread which has gone way outa hand and start again.

I personally think dumping good active members is wrong, forums like this need guys like Alex, even if he has no taste in mowers LOL!

This issue is pretty contreversial, and obviously we can't all agree, and heated moments happen, but we all need each other for this forum to work, imo.

This isn't the 1st thread where members have been shown the door, which I dissagree with, especially over trivial stuff, or questioning the forums owners about something...I think the forum benefits us contractors AND Indy mowing as communication with members is direct to promote etc, helps bring traffic to the main web site....it is in my opinion not just a favour from indy mowing to us for recreation, it benefits both sides.

unless I'm wrong....my point is, lets move on and stop the suggestions that members leave when moments heat up please.
We are all grown ups....this thread is garbage, hostility over the internet is garbage, just words...

Indyanswer
07-01-2005, 11:18 PM
Alex was a guest

mick
07-01-2005, 11:31 PM
Alex may not be a member of Indy but has been a great contributer to this forum, and has also been here from the start!
Which has to count for something!

I'll tell you something about Al, he traveled 1.5hrs in a thunder storm to give me a go of his Little Dog. I dont know too many people who'd actually put there money where there mouth is!
Alex is one and in my books, A damn good guy!

It would be a loss to this forum if he goes!

Tonyr
07-01-2005, 11:43 PM
Is that pic accurate??

Bloody hell, my goat wopuld be sliding down, lots of skiddies!

Mowing down that steep....done well, I wouldn't like to.

Could go up and accross fine though, but truthfully, I don't like the steep stuff, not like in that pic anyway!

Alex is a good bloke, I agree, a plonka yes, but good. lol.

Look, best we can do is stop posting in this thread, it is only keeping everything heated, waddayareckon?

Dean, please don't remove he who rides yellow chickens, just just put it all behind us?

mick
08-01-2005, 12:04 AM
Tony, see the little stick tree sorta at the top? Well thats straight!

Al amazed me with what he did (Im sure you saw the pics!) but....... He was goooooooooooooooooooooooooooone a couple a times coming down! heeeee He sh!t himself one time! (can still see his face) Goooooooooone I say! :frightene

(Tell me otherwise Al!) haaa

There be my point! I could stop half way down and reverse back up again!

That hills usuallay done with the same mower as mine but with a 60" deck!

Tonyr
08-01-2005, 12:09 AM
Thanks Mick.

Soooooo...

If Alex's big yellow chicken had those gator J.D tyres on, what differences if any would they of made?

If they spun they would either dig a hole faster or grip and prevent sliding...waddayareckon?

Alex Callaghan
08-01-2005, 12:20 AM
(Tell me otherwise Al!) haaa

It was a moment thats for sure :frightene

Still got the skidies in me daks to prove it :o :laughing:

Nah Tony............I don't reakon those knobys would make much of a diff really........couldn't say for sure though :confused:

Put some agg tires on and It'd be a slope mowing weapon!

mick
08-01-2005, 12:21 AM
No diff mate but probably gouge out some dirt!

I've lost it a few time going down some hills when not in 4wd!

Like I said, weight in the tyres makes a heap of diff but can stress the running gear (for want of a better word)

mick
08-01-2005, 12:23 AM
Those bar tyres are the go! Like these...........

mick
08-01-2005, 12:26 AM
It was a moment thats for sure :frightene

Still got the skidies in me daks to prove it :o :laughing:

Nah Tony............I don't reakon those knobys would make much of a diff really........couldn't say for sure though :confused:

Put some agg tires on and It'd be a slope mowing weapon!

Mate, there still trying to grow lawn where ya did the skiddy! :laughing:

Alex Callaghan
08-01-2005, 12:31 AM
Yep...........Those tires are the shot for rough stuff and hills!
Get grip out to ying yang with a set of those boots on ya mower!!!

I bet there still trying to get the grass to grow there mate!
The mrs is still trying to get the bloody skid mard outa me daks :D

mick
08-01-2005, 12:40 AM
That was a fun day! Will do it again soon if ya like! Just waiting till the silly seasons over!

Tony, you bring ya faded red pink poof goat mobile too! I'll get some low cal, no fun beers for ya! (and slip ya some molasses) hehe

Got the makins of a show down I reckon! ;frosty;

Alex Callaghan
08-01-2005, 12:47 AM
That was a fun day! Will do it again soon if ya like! Just waiting till the silly seasons over!

Tony, you bring ya faded red pink poof goat mobile too! I'll get some low cal, no fun beers for ya! (and slip ya some molasses) hehe

Got the makins of a show down I reckon! ;frosty;

Sounds like a goa.

Ever seen a chicken sqaush a goat? :russ:

Get russ the ol sheep rooter down too!
Now that would be a show down!

Goat sqaushes orange on wheels..............Chicken squashes goat...............Sounds tops to me :russ: :laughing:

mick
08-01-2005, 12:52 AM
Goat sqaushes orange on wheels..............Chicken squashes goat...............Sounds tops to me :russ: :laughing:

And the Booger is crowned ..... KING! :russ:

Alex Callaghan
08-01-2005, 12:58 AM
And the Booger is crowned ..... KING! :russ:

No mate................Then chicken eats booger!
Game over ;frosty;

odin
08-01-2005, 09:11 AM
Getting a little wild here are we boys ....maybe a little odin rubbing off on the rest of the forum lol.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Reguler odin .......can there be two :D

Tonyr
08-01-2005, 10:21 AM
G'Day Odin...yep, ya rubbin' off on the young blokes! LOL!

Mick, Alex, in winter I'd love to come down, organise Russell, even Greg if it ain't too far! Then ya got Paul and Brian, they might have something for the game by then I heard quietly :) The more the better.....BeerX....bugger GreenX LOL!

Sounds great to me!

Odin, get ya butt n family over 'ere in winter, we got a show down, you'd love our mild winter!

Topcat
08-01-2005, 11:08 AM
I'd agree with the boys,

Alex can be a loadmouth BUT! He's young :) Once he's grown up :rolleyes: he'll settle down & think b/4 he says anything-Bul--it! ;frosty;

he does contribute a lot to (our) forum...

So Give him another go- but make him a member :wave-hi: lol ;)

Indyanswer
08-01-2005, 11:46 AM
i have no problem with Alex

I DONT MAKE PEOPLE MEMBERS ITS NOT A KNIGHTHOOD HE BECOMES A MEMBER BY JOINING AND PAYING A FEE

aLEX DOESNT WANT TO JOIN

SO AS A GUEST YOU ACT LIKE ONE

YOUNGSTERS NEED TO LEARN

THIS IS GOOD FOR HIM

YOU PAY YOUR DUES

Indyanswer
08-01-2005, 11:48 AM
bUT BECAUSE YOURE A MEMBER U WILL STILL BE BOOTED FOR ATTACKING SOME ONE PERSONALLY

PEOPLE CAN LEARN TO BEHAVE

collingwood
08-01-2005, 12:01 PM
Sorry but I just gotta ask....just how young is Alex?? :i dunno:
The way everyones talkin' sounds like he's just outta nappies :laughing:

Lindy

Alex Callaghan
08-01-2005, 12:33 PM
Sorry but I just gotta ask....just how young is Alex?? :i dunno:
The way everyones talkin' sounds like he's just outta nappies :laughing:

Lindy

25 mate.

===============================

"YOUNGSTERS NEED TO LEARN

THIS IS GOOD FOR HIM"

LMAO..........What do you think, your me ol man or somthing :laughing:

Let me tell you somthing about myself dean.

I left home when I was 16 and went out and got a job.
A year latter I started in biz for myself with a viking push mower a ryobi trimmer a wheel barrow and a broom!
I made do with what I had and built the buisness up from nothing at 17..............A year latter I got a loan out from some better eqiupment. Dug my heels in and worked my a$$ off for 4 years. I moved up north and put a deposit on a house when I was 21.
I own my own home and run a succesfull biz.
I'm well lived for my age and have had a pretty tough stint!

ANYTHING more that I have to learn aint coming from you buddy!

collingwood
08-01-2005, 12:50 PM
[QUOTE=Alex Callaghan]25 mate.

===============================

Ah yes..... 25..... I remember back then.....a good year (I think) :laughing:

All is cool Alex.....at 25...you're old enough to know right from wrong. Hell... I thought you must of been 19 or something when I read the 'youngster' bit :wave-hi:

Lindy

Topcat
08-01-2005, 01:09 PM

thats young- Alex we all have our stories mate the day before I turned 15 the old lady said "your old enough to get a job- out on my ass, along with one hell of a SH=T childhood== I had to leave school- I never wanted to.

But at time mate u are young, loose the chip ;frosty;

Im now 36, my 2 kids love me,my eldest is 14,I was married at 19 & still are married- I've been in boys homes, i've had no home.

I know what the salvation army is for, so loose the chip and you will be better for, your problem here is your attitude ;frosty; That gets you deep water..

Good that now your on your feet- But there is no need to push other people's heads under water. Loosen up!

go and put a can on a post & through rocks at it! :i dunno:

youv'e said you know whats its like to be down, well

Just remember then- don't keep attacking- GROW UP!

In 5 years when you look back at this i hope you have changed your attitude a lot.. a 25 y.old shouldn't act 19 sometimes...

Thanks for your input

Thank you and my responce is just that! :rolleyes:

Denis

Now i will go to my room!

Alex Callaghan
08-01-2005, 01:44 PM

thats young- Alex we all have our stories mate the day before I turned 15 the old lady said "your old enough to get a job- out on my ass, along with one hell of a SH=T childhood== I had to leave school- I never wanted to.

But at time mate u are young, loose the chip ;frosty;

Im now 36, my 2 kids love me,my eldest is 14,I was married at 19 & still are married- I've been in boys homes, i've had no home.

I know what the salvation army is for, so loose the chip and you will be better for, your problem here is your attitude ;frosty; That gets you deep water..

Good that now your on your feet- But there is no need to push other people's heads under water. Loosen up!

go and put a can on a post & through rocks at it! :i dunno:

youv'e said you know whats its like to be down, well

Just remember then- don't keep attacking- GROW UP!

In 5 years when you look back at this i hope you have changed your attitude a lot.. a 25 y.old shouldn't act 19 sometimes...

Thanks for your input

Thank you and my responce is just that! :rolleyes:

Denis

Now i will go to my room!

#1......Thats great Re: We all have a story. It wasn't meant to be a pizzing contest.

#2 Who do you think you are mate? Telling me I have a chip on my shoulder etc and giving me a lecture.

# Look at ya self ya smartass. Read your post.
It's very condesending and the tone is one of you being better than me. I'd say you had an "attitude" from reading that.

Listen Dennis..........I like you mate..........you seem like a good bloke but you don't know me from a bar of soap :rolleyes: so don't talk to me like you've been my psyc in the past or like you'r speaking to a child.
I don't appreciate it in the slightest being lectured about what issuse someone might think I have that has only known me from the bloody internet.
Way out of line mate.............way out!

Also.......I know I probably shouldn't have gone in guns blazing but I still fell firmly about my point.............The way I conveyed it was the issue.
I have a short fuse. Thats just me mate.
I know it, my mrs knows it and it's somthing that me, my mrs and my friends have to deal with.
We all have our short comings my friend...............so DO NOT sit there and speak to me like you are perfect or better than me cause you arn't mate.

I'm far from perfect but who isn't.

You talk to me like you have nothing more to learn in this life.
Well mate............Life skill check isle 4..............thats a life skill check on isle.................Non of us stop learning till the day we die.

Sorry Dennis.
Your post upset me is all.
I know what my short comings are..............Anybody that dose not know me well dose not.

Alex Callaghan
08-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Also,

Mabey I didn't make it clear enough that I regret the "way" that I put my point to dean but the point I will not appoligise for. Some of the content was not a nice thing to say and I regret it.

Who hasn't gone off when they shouldn't have or waited till the cooled down to express their veiw!?

mick
08-01-2005, 01:55 PM
G'Day Odin...yep, ya rubbin' off on the young blokes! LOL!

Mick, Alex, in winter I'd love to come down, organise Russell, even Greg if it ain't too far! Then ya got Paul and Brian, they might have something for the game by then I heard quietly :) The more the better.....BeerX....bugger GreenX LOL!

Sounds great to me!

Odin, get ya butt n family over 'ere in winter, we got a show down, you'd love our mild winter!

Sounds good! More the merrier!

Winter it is. Work it out properly when it gets closer but I reckon some time between June 1 and Sept 1 ! :laughing:

Be interesting! :frightene

Now that will be a pizzin contest! :laughing:

Topcat
08-01-2005, 02:37 PM
Cool mate.

No drama, it's been said.

Now, enjoy your weekend :laughing:

Tonyr
08-01-2005, 02:43 PM
Sounds good Mick!

Why is 25 considered so young?

It is about life experiences too, not just age....if I knew as much as this biz as Alex does I'd be a lot better off and I'm 38 and owned and run a successful farm. Actually I was married at 25, big drinker, lots of pub fights, drove trucks for $$ blah, blah, certainly wasn't level headed enough to build a biz and own a house like Alex.

Bought the farm just after, that made me grow up....

I'm not pizzing in Alex's pocket here, but I do think yas are being a bit hard on him, c'mon....does this **** thread need to continue?

Do we really need to sit behind computers judging each other's characters?

We all have pasts, most tough, chest beating in a serious way in this thread is something that is getting nasty, why can't we all stop this thread, forget it, start over, get on with it??

Everytime we try to change direction it gets pulled back to dean and alex, and while alex shouldn't got aggressive, lets move on, re read the thread guys, imo dean has feuled this as much in return, not passified it in any way....and dean does post a lot of very blunt posts but no one seems to confront him about his flaws do they?

Alex is the way he is, this ain't a dating game , so except it, like or hate him, but no need for the issues.
Dean is the way he is, blunt, and many times confronting, aggressive with all caps etc....like him or not, that's him, but should it be an issue?
And me....well I'm just plain great, with a ***y red goat ya all dream about! lol.

My point is, apart from me lol, we all (you) all have faults, but qualities who make yas individuals, and most here I like and respect greatly, lets shut this thread as it is gone to the gutter now, and not proving anything, and I can say, though Alex likes yellow chickens, I respect him and would hate to see him not here, even if he is a plonka at times, it makes him who he is.

Critisism from us on internet about Alex is not going to help him, he is young, geesh, acts pretty good for a young bloke I reckon!!

Banning a member is a poor form of punishment over crap in one thread when the other party kept feuling it equally as much....

The only thing that leaves should be this thread, period!

I can't believe this thread ever got this far...pul-ease guys, lets **ALL** bloody grow up and stop this nonscence!!

Topcat
08-01-2005, 03:03 PM
I agree Tony

to run a business at 25 the calabur of Alex is great! I never had the balls till I was 30, so, good work Alex.

I will apologies for my carryon- don't take it to heart, we all like to bate other on a boring arvo, just for a stir- deal with it

:wave-hi:

Can I offer this

Indymowing as a member, could this thread be deleted and all forgoten,

quite easy

Just do it ;)

:rolleyes: So we can grow up & stop this nonsence; Thanks Tony for the kick up the a-s-s

Tonyr
08-01-2005, 03:10 PM
Nicely said Top Cat, I agree 100%, the crapp has gone on long enough, we all are who we are and should show the maturity to be able to except this and do what we came here to do, learn and have fun!

Too many great people here, and this stuff just winds everyone up and imo is un necessary.

Thanks for posting Dennis, appreciate that....

So, all in favour of killing this thread, raise ya hand and not be counted, or don't post in this thead any more and have ya vote appreciated, it is now in indy's hands....waddayareckon blokes and sheilers?

Alex Callaghan
08-01-2005, 03:10 PM
Well said Tony.

I'm over this and I'm moving on!

Ava good one ya bunch of plonkas!!

Viceroy
08-01-2005, 03:57 PM
We all have balls if we are doing this job :laughing: :laughing:
More so at this wonderful time of the year.
****Chest Beating Alert***
I was in a great stable job $80k per year 2 morgages and a car lease.
Come home 1 day to my wife of 2 months and say "I am going to quite my job". I laugh about it now.
But holy sh!t Aug Sep Oct last year i cam very close to loosing the lot. Wife and the lot. :dean:
She was 110% behind me from the start but we all know that $$$ pays the bills . Now things are great business is going good (not just becauce of summer) and the wife she is still around and her 2 kids and my 1.
Our little network group (NBN)is going great with a great bunch of people. We all get on very well (i think) :laughing: :laughing:

We all must remember to "PULL OUR HEAD IN" at some stage. We are all entitled to OUR point of view even if we think its worng.We cant go around calling people a "Moron" (thats how its spelt) and not expect them to bite back.
Anyway as above lets cut this thread.
More good can come from this Forum than bad . :wave-hi:

Alex Callaghan
08-01-2005, 04:33 PM
We all have balls if we are doing this job :laughing: :laughing:
More so at this wonderful time of the year.
****Chest Beating Alert***
I was in a great stable job $80k per year 2 morgages and a car lease.
Come home 1 day to my wife of 2 months and say "I am going to quite my job". I laugh about it now.
But holy sh!t Aug Sep Oct last year i cam very close to loosing the lot. Wife and the lot. :dean:
She was 110% behind me from the start but we all know that $$$ pays the bills . Now things are great business is going good (not just becauce of summer) and the wife she is still around and her 2 kids and my 1.
Our little network group (NBN)is going great with a great bunch of people. We all get on very well (i think) :laughing: :laughing:

We all must remember to "PULL OUR HEAD IN" at some stage. We are all entitled to OUR point of view even if we think its worng.We cant go around calling people a "Moron" (thats how its spelt) and not expect them to bite back.
Anyway as above lets cut this thread.
More good can come from this Forum than bad . :wave-hi:

As I said.......I got fired up and I should not have called Dean a "Moron" (I'll remember that.....not Moreon :laughing: ) as well as other things.

By the way mate,

morgages...........Mortgages

becauce............Because

worng...............Wrong

(Thats how they're spelt ;frosty; )

Heheheeeee..........Sorry matey........couldn't resist ;)

Viceroy
08-01-2005, 04:37 PM
:laughing:
Good work you should get a job as a proof reader !!!
Bout time someone took the p!ss out of me.
Pulling my head in right about now .......... no now

Topcat
08-01-2005, 04:39 PM
:laughing: LOL

Alex Callaghan
08-01-2005, 04:49 PM
Hahahaaa :laughing:

Got ya!

OK.

This thread has had it!! It's been draged through a pile of dung and now it needs to rest in peace!

Please.........No more posts here!!!!

Viceroy
08-01-2005, 04:52 PM
Why
;frosty;
Sorry had 2 do it.

administrator
11-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Another Earthquake 8.4 and tsunami this time Japan China also had eathquake
Darwin and qld on alert.

Just in Pacific warning allready downgraded alert for Darwin and qld Phew

administrator
11-03-2011, 06:54 PM
utube vids allready coming in from people in japan

administrator
11-03-2011, 07:00 PM
Japan 8.8 earthquake and tsunami - March 11th 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcaFBlH8tjM

Rolling coverage on news channels

PaulG
11-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Wonder if that bridge went under?

Which country will be next to have a huge natural disaster!

administrator
11-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Hawai 30 thousand low lying residents are evacuating to higher ground sirens are echoing through the towns petrol stations have huge lines of cars waiting to get fuel
20 past 11 pm tsunami expected to hit 3am

5 nuclear plants shut down in japan

PaulG
11-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Live coverage on Al Jazeera.

Entire Pacific Basin has been put on alert - even West Coast of USA. Some Pacific Islands will be completely submerged.

http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

administrator
11-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Found this on a forum
March 9, 2011
by Anonymous, 1 day 20 hours ago

Honshu, JAPAN IS THE MOST ACTIVE THIS WEEK IT WILL BE DESTROYED IN SERIOUS OF EARTHQUACKES FROM 6 TO 8 RICHTERS...

http://fromtheold.com/news/earth/study-next-major-earthquake-might-hit-california-soon-20309.html