PDA

View Full Version : New Hedger

APS_QLD
06-01-2005, 09:12 PM
Well i finally took the plunge and purchased a new hedge trimmer. I secured a Komatsu (out of the Shindiwia stable) it was a 610DT.

It weighs 4.8 kgs and has a twist handle so can be moved to suit what you are doing. The power plant is 22.5 cc with a cutting length of 509 mm not to bad and i can get a longer blade if required (630mm).

I used it this afternoon and sorted out my mock orange plant (it now has shape) The unit cut very well with no effort at all and made short work of 16-19 mm stems (not that i want to cut them all the time).

I am now looking forward to a hedge have to do, about 100 + metres to see how it really performs. If i remember i will take photos.

All in all I am happy with it as is my son who will own it in time.

Cost $600.00 the best price i could get was $579.00 but bought it from my loacl mower dealer who looks after me VERY well. If something goes wrong with my gear (not often) will fix on the spot and in many cases does not charge to get me on the road ASAP :) so opted to support him.

Brian

Viceroy
06-01-2005, 09:53 PM
Have you got a camera ??
Post a pic for us all.
Twist handle is a must i think . The models i have looked at in shops the only ones i liked had the twist handle.
Hope it serves u well
:)

Viceroy
09-01-2005, 10:35 PM
There is a write up on the Komatsu range in todays Sunday Mail, Home and Living section.