PDA

View Full Version : Gettin Ya Gear From A to B....

Ben
08-01-2005, 03:15 PM
After much success in my new business, I have decided to look for some new (2nd Hand) wheels... I had borrowed the farm ute from my mother who has decided that I'm moving along nicely and she wants the ute back.... Fair enough too...

I am throwing many idea's around with my wife and I'm pretty keen on getting a van. We have the family Commodore S/Wagon to cart the kids around in... so this is purely for work.

I'm curious as to what everyone else uses and their set up. :i dunno:

Topcat
08-01-2005, 05:49 PM
Ben, since your still new the Falcon XF ute go good and are fairly priced.

The wreckers in somerton road had a nice one out the front.

Ya don't need to spend much yet set yourself a budget & through it back in here the guys & gals will all help ya!

mojo111
08-01-2005, 07:05 PM
Hi ben :wave-hi:
Depending on your buget :i dunno:
I'd go the toyota hilux 4x4.
Mines 25 year old now and repowerd now with a 202 holden not long ago,
Heaps of grunt for towing and having fun in the mud :laughing:
good luck ;)

APS_QLD
08-01-2005, 08:46 PM
I guess it will depend on if you need to secure your gear in the vehicle or the trailer, and size of trailer etc etc. Me i have a rodeo ute and it does the job well, of course the hilux to a great set of wheels as well.

I had a madza 1500 ute years ago it was unstopable and did things no vehicle should do and it kept on going for years.

Brian

Viceroy
08-01-2005, 11:20 PM
Well if and when, I would like to get a Van etc Hi Ace, no windows in the back. Everthing locked up and able to see it. Plus more signage on the van as well.

mick
09-01-2005, 12:18 AM
99 Rodeo here! 2wd with LSD. Tows great with plenty of grunt. Sucks the fuel though but ya cant have everything.

Saw one the same as mine the other day at a deallers, $13000 I think.

My dream set up would be a big diesel in a short wheel base Landcruiser and a big lock up trailer like they use in the US.

odin
09-01-2005, 02:03 AM
The only problems with a van, is storing the gas powered equip in it while your driving.Unless the cab is closed off the fumes can get to ya.Not very pleasant.

Not so bad if you take the power equip out and put it on the trailer for the day.Still will have some lingering smell from the gas.

Also cuts down on your ability to haul debree,and your mowers at the same time.

If storage is a problem then like Mick says, the enclosed are good.

Could get a ute and put a cap on it.Still a pita to take on and off. :i dunno:

----------------------------------

The Down East Beast :cheer:

bradtez
09-01-2005, 03:21 PM
All depends on how much coin you wish to spend really. I opted for spending a bit more than average to have something nice and professional looking when you turn up to a job. A 2003 Nissan STR turbo diesel, has a 3 tonne towing capacity and being a dual cab, easy to throw the rugrats in the back.

Brad

APS_QLD
09-01-2005, 04:04 PM
Way to go brad, i don't have the ruggies to worry about so vehicle was set for two.

Brian