PDA

View Full Version : How much do you spend on promoting your business

Topcat
08-01-2005, 05:33 PM
How much a year do you spend on promoting your business & how do you get work.

APS_QLD
08-01-2005, 09:15 PM
I spent close on $4.500 and generated $$it loads from that. Mostly local papers. Mind you that did include flyers and delivery of them, stopped them cannot take the work on, just use local paper which seems to be the best return for the money. If you can get a local group together you can save.

Brian

bradtez
09-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Including white pages, shop flyers, letterbox flyers and Business cards, i would have spent no more than $600 for the last financial year. No complaints as to how much i made from it either.

Brad

APS_QLD
09-01-2005, 03:57 PM
Very well done Brad, i have over spent i will say as I did flyers up so that included the cost of them and delivery of a few 1000. I still have 1000's here not game to put out.

Even if i took that out and stuff (which i am not really using) i still came out around $ 3000.

I will say at this point as the back log of work see's me to end of Febuary, even with Viceroy helping.

I will now sit down with my son (his business) and where he wants to be in 12 mth.

Brian

APS_QLD
09-01-2005, 04:01 PM
PS.

"I will now sit down with my son (his business) and where he wants to be in 12 mth."

Hopefully without MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, (may need lots of prompts :laughing: :laughing: cattle prob maybe will open his eyes) i can go fishing etc etc etc :D :D

Brian

APS_QLD
09-01-2005, 04:02 PM
How much do you spend Topcat??????? :) :)

Brian

angela & tony
26-02-2006, 11:59 AM
I would say the best value for our money so far has been the local paper advertising. When we first started we placed a flyer (about 500) in the local paper. We got about 2 responses.

Lancat
05-03-2006, 11:24 AM
When I put my business plan together I allocated 10 percent of my estimated turn over to advertising. I started to advertise in my two local papers, each paper having different result.

I found that I was getting a lot of calls from two particular areas. I then slightly changed my advertising and using a local phone number diverted to my mobile phone.
Bingo the results were outstanding and I now I no longer advertise and have just enough work to keep me going. Most of my new work comes references and other Lawnies.

Lancat
05-03-2006, 11:35 AM
Forgot to say.
When dealing with your local paper ask if they have a cheaper rates if you agree to advertise X amount of weeks per year.

One of the papers I dealt with gave me a free business profile. The business profile had a photo and a little story about my business.
It all helps

My1 Management
05-03-2006, 01:02 PM
Just curious angela & tony - how much did it cost for the 500 flyers inserted in the local paper?

The easiest way to work out what advertising will work IMO is to ask yourself and your friends if they would take any notice of any given form of advertising.

I personally use the local paper classifieds for contractors, would not take notice of an insert whatsoever, rarely take notice of flyer in my letter box - unless of course it has a good offer or I need it at that exact point in time. Anything that goes in with the paper gets thrown away, I will look at the catalgoue, but I look at them all at once and go through them then always throw them away!