PDA

View Full Version : Anti Vibration

Ebony
07-06-2004, 06:09 PM
There was a discussion on a website forum recently regarding Vibration from machinery and it's effects. It was also a topic of discussion between Dean and a contractor in the office today. So I thought I would mention these anti-vibration gloves that are on offer...

We do sell these products, any feedback on this product or something similar would be great

ANTI-VIB LINERS

These unique glove liners incorporate an NBR anti-vibration pad across the palm, around the side of the hand, and on the front and back of the thumb for impact protection. The low profile design coupled with a spandex back allows for easy fit under work gloves.

Ebony
07-06-2004, 06:21 PM
The use of vibrating tools may contribute to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

What are the Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?

The symptoms of CTS often first appear as painful tingling in one or both hands during the night, frequently painful enough to disturb sleep. Accompanying this is a feeling of uselessness in the fingers, which are sometimes described as feeling swollen, even though little or no swelling is apparent. As symptoms increase, tingling may develop during the day, commonly in the thumb, index, and ring fingers. A decreased ability and power to squeeze things may follow. In advanced cases, the thenar muscle at the base of the thumb atrophies, and strength is lost.

Many patients with CTS are unable to differentiate hot from cold by touch, and experience an apparent loss of strength in their fingers. They appear clumsy in that they have trouble performing simple tasks such as tying their shoes or picking up small objects.

All comments and/or feedback on this are welcome & Encouraged :)

Ebony
07-06-2004, 07:53 PM
DELUXE ANTI-VIB GLOVES

Our Deluxe Anti-Vib Gloves offer unique Nitrile Butyl Rubber (NBR) palm inserts that absorb and dampen shock. They are made of grained cowhide for long wear and include a heavy-duty wrist strap for added wrist protection.

Indyanswer
09-06-2004, 11:03 AM
There is someting you can do with all types of machinery to cut down vibration, especially when it becomes well used .Mowers can increase vibration by loose bolts between engine and chassis handles loose blades unbalanced wheels and axles bent or distorted now may be you will realise its not just about servicing your machines for longer life of your equipment . Equipment that we use actually becomes an extension of our bodies its attached to us up to 12 hours per day so the more your equipment is tuned into u the better you will feel physically and mentally yes maintain your machinery actually causes you well being freaky huh

:aus-flag: ;)

Easycareacres
09-06-2004, 07:56 PM
Yes my guys use the antivibration gloves on whippers and edgers. They say there great. Havent used them my self but to hear them coment they must be ok.