PDA

View Full Version : John Deere

Hustler
26-05-2005, 06:12 PM
IF your thinking of buying a JOHN deere hAVE second thoughts as my jd only did 40 hours and the deck bearings **** themselfs well the dealer would not replace them until i spat the dummy.
then they admitted fault and said they would put greasable spindles in
so they did it .Guess what they forgot to grease them one hour later bang they **** them selfs again much to my disgust but the silly bugers left the key on and up went the hour meter so im not happy best to buy what you know ..... i wont be buying another bloody john deere

Zilly
20-06-2006, 12:29 PM
Hey Nev,

I have the JD L108 (42" cutting deck). What model is yours? Still having problems with it?

Hustler
20-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Burn the ****ing peice off **** it wont last another season it will go on the scrap heap but there not biult for contractors ther for the use of once per month so take the fuker back and tell them to shove it up there ------

bigG
20-06-2006, 08:08 PM
THE LANGUAGE ;dealers;

Hustler
20-06-2006, 08:11 PM
Well when you get a peice of **** you get angry thats the way i am accept it or ignore it.Regards Nifty nev

heggie
17-10-2007, 08:34 AM
have you still got it Nev ? did it last ?

nigelr
18-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Nev, think they are re-badged Murrays.
Went through a few of them (Murrays) before I went to Aussie made, can certainly understand your frustration.
Best of luck with replacing it.

worzel
19-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Hey Nev ,have you replaced it?
I have been looking at Greenfields and Toros.
What is a good reliable ride on for the smaller type property .I am getting tired of walking behind a push or self drive (my feet are wearing out)
There must be a lot of you contractors whom have had satisfaction sitting on their arses all day.I could handle sitting for a third of my lawns
Cheers Worzel :i dunno: :i dunno: :i dunno:

lethal
19-10-2007, 03:35 PM
]]"Nev, think they are re-badged Murrays.
Went through a few of them (Murrays) before I went to Aussie made, can certainly understand your frustration.
Best of luck with replacing it[/COLOR].[/SIZE]"

I bought a Murray 15 mnths ago, "its a great machine, great for contractors, practically a commercial machine" Well thats what the salesman told me and me at that stage not knowing too much about ride ons took his word for it.

15 months later the deck is stuffed, it is in the shop getting work done on the engine for at least the tenth time, I have asked them to replace the engine but no luck...don't buy a murray unless you are using it to do manicured lawns once a fortnight!!!

Hustler
19-10-2007, 04:16 PM
Still got the peice of shut done 800 hrs starting to get very high maintenance but its got to last the rest of this season then we will scrap her worth more for scrap than it will be as a trade in

nigelr
20-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Nev, if you've managed to get 800 commercial hours out of it, IMHO you have done very good indeed!
Worzel, for what you would consider my opinion to be worth, I would suggest either Cox or Greenfield.
I have both a '97 10.5hp Cox cone drive and a 2003 16hp AMC cork drive, prefer to use the AMC for comfort and cutting power but the Cox has the stronger drive by far.
Never used a Greenfield, but would certainly be interested in the opinions of other commercial users.
Lethal, must admit I fell into the trap of cheap comparatively wide-cut twin cutter head domestic ride-ons in my earlier years, now would only buy Aussie made single cutter head units for the work I do with them, mostly comparatively rough kikuyu small acre stuff on the MNC NSW, as opposed to nice, smooth, fine quality US/Euro style lawns.
Cheers.

m287j
20-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Nev, unless you get a super dooper John Deere ride-on then it is not really a commercial ride-on. Furthermore if you have done 800 hours on it doing commercial work and it is still going then it is a damm fine machine sorry to tell you.

Any ride-on with 800 hours is going to be high maintenance at that stage. I have a John Deere myself, it is not a commerical just a LT155 with 180 hours on it and it has been a great machine for me and i cannot speak highly enough of it.

Just my 2cents worth. :)

administrator
26-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Nev hows the blades i sent you for your John deere