PDA

View Full Version : road test carby cleaner

patch
30-05-2005, 09:34 PM
Purchased a can of carby clean from Dean recently, it was fantastic for cleaning inside and out of the carby but the most amazing thing was the way it removed the carbon build up.

I remove the spark pug from my blower and positioned the top of the piston at the exhaust port, (this can be seen by shining a tough in the spark plug hole) spaying a liberal amount of carby cleaner in the spark plug hole and leave over night
( motor must be cold)

The next morning pull the starter cord about 10 times then replace the spark plug and start the blower (is a Little hard to start)

Much to my surprise it cleaned the carbon build up which save me doing a decoke job.
The manufactures would not approve of this method :i dunno:
GOOD ONE DEAN :laughing:

PATCH

administrator
31-05-2005, 09:02 PM
spending 7 dollars is better than 60.00 any day of the week i was surprised by how well it worked when i first tested the product

My1 Management
21-03-2006, 04:25 PM
I have seen how good this stuff is first hand! :clap: It really is great stuff. We have some in the shed and use it

Ebony
My1 Management (http://www.my1.com.au)

bigG
22-03-2006, 01:43 PM
where can i purchase some of the stuff

patch
22-03-2006, 03:26 PM
From Dean or visit www.indmowing.com.au and clik on deans corner

Eastwood
13-12-2007, 07:12 AM
I want to use the carby cleaner on my mower. Just to make sure i'm on the right track do I take the filter off and then spray thru the air intake with the mower running or do I spray and let it sit for awhile then start the mower. The mower seems to be hunting for power.

ian
15-12-2007, 05:44 PM
for the carby you take the airfilter off and spray in short burst with the engine running for carbon build up you remove the sparkplug spray inside and leave overnight then put the plug back in and start it

Wggc
22-12-2007, 09:22 AM
never knew till now that carby cleaner is good for decarbonising !!!! :rolleyes: lol awesome !!! , im pretty good mechanical wise & learnt a good trick for cleanin crap from carbys on cars & other engines by givin them a rev & dumping a clean rag over the carby orifice to create a big vacuum to clear the carby out !!! worked a treat on my old v8 one tonner when it was havin carb troubles from a batch of bad fuel ;frosty;

mongoose
04-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Hi guy's got me some carby cleaner on the week end and cleaned all my mowers, snippers ,blowers , headger and even done the Rodeo v6 . Well after doing work gear i was quite inpressed , but after driving the Rodeo i was mighty happy with the results . Thanks for the great tip guys .