PDA

View Full Version : New Version of MowAbility...

administrator
07-06-2004, 08:39 PM
:wave-hi: Hi Guys

Just got news that Otherwise Solutions is going to release another version of MowAbility, uses Microsoft Access rather then Microsoft Excel.

Tentative release date 21 June, hopefully earlier

More details to come

Tonyr
07-06-2004, 10:09 PM
too coooool....great news! :cool:

patch
09-06-2004, 09:52 PM
Not such a good idea running MowAbility on Access because most hand held or palms are compatible with Excel so you what be able to use it in the field.
PATCH

Ebony
10-06-2004, 09:39 AM
Hi Patch,

Great to hear from you and great point. The excel version will still be on the market, people will just have the option of excel or Access based program. Microsoft Access is designed for databases etc. while excel can at times have weaknesses in comparison.

I love the way you run your books, but then a shiny little hand held would impress anyone hehe

Ebony

Tonyr
13-06-2004, 09:50 PM
Hey Ebony,

with this program can the user change the subjects in the 'items' column?

And "standard details and rate" section, can these details be changed by the user to fit in more with individual businesses?

E.g we may not do gutters and rubbish, gardening etc, but instead do blade edging and line trimming say, so when invoice is printed the client sees printed exactly what he ordered without using "other"

Just wandering...

I'm going to get one anyway...

Ebony
14-06-2004, 10:00 AM
Hi Tony,

The currect version does not allow you change the Items, however when ordering the program can be customised to your needs for an extra $7.00 for what you are wanting.

Infact, there is a facility that Beth from Other Wise Solutions can custom make the software to fit any contractors needs.

There is another version of mowability available it has corporate invoicing add on, this came about at a result of the feedback that was received, and some people needing more.

For Example: If you have a customer that you complete more than one job for per month or If a customer has multiple job addresses, the corporate invoicing option allows you to put all of that customer’s jobs on a single invoice that will be automatically processed and printed at the beginning of each month.

Hope this helps

Ebony

Tonyr
14-06-2004, 10:16 AM
Hey, Cooool, I will need the corporate invoicing option, plus customised I think.

That's great because if any of these tenders work out there is a variety of jobs done each visit but not necessarily the same jobs every visit, and in some cases an invoice will include many seperate visits doing different things and would be invoiced fortnightly or monthly, e.g the prison....parks etc.

This is great, any other features you think I could use?

There was an add on for the old version, what was that?

Tonyr
14-06-2004, 10:18 AM
Love to see a sample invoice with a letter head etc all set up to see how the layout etc looks...

Ebony
14-06-2004, 11:06 AM
I just threw this together now for you. The file is in pdf format, so you will require adobe acrobat reader to view it. It is an actual print out of the excel version of mowability!

If you cannot view this file, adobe acrobat reader can be downloaded free go HERE (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readermain.html)

Tonyr
14-06-2004, 11:13 AM
Now THAT'S what I want!

Thank you soo much, that is what I've been wanting for the last 6 months, whew, finally, something affordable that does the job!

Thanks for making that demo up Eb's, nice work, let me know as soon as the new one is ready I'll get one asap.
I'll think some about customising items and get back to you before then.

The logo, does Beth instal that or can the user put custom biz names /logos on our end?

Tonyr
14-06-2004, 11:48 AM
Crikey, it gets better n better!

Even I can set that up LOL!

Very nice Ebony, thanks!

(waddayouknow 'bout fax software on pc's?)

Tonyr
21-06-2004, 12:53 PM
Hi Ebony,

Heard anymore about this software?
(release date)

Keen to get a copy.

Tonyr
24-06-2004, 07:51 PM
Hello?
Anyone around?
Place gone quiet...
Kinda lonely in here :)
Echo's....

Oh well, hello to anyone who stops in anyway, least traffic ain't a problem lol.

Ebony
25-06-2004, 05:38 PM
lol lol tony, It has been quiet around here. Must be end of financial year. I know I am run off my tootsies, Got some great news on our insurance today. Public liability is remaining at the same price again this year. So that's great news for all of us :)

Not sure about how the new version is going, will inquire tonight for you. Would be nice if the programmer herself made an appearance and let us know *hint hint* lol

Have a safe weekend all

Ebony

Tonyr
25-06-2004, 07:03 PM
Yeah, would be good to know, then I can get organised with the custom settings, and get a program ordered, Got the Bunnings contract after all, this software would be great about now! LOL!

I will get this, all questions are answered and does everthing I want, will price be about same?

Ebony
26-06-2004, 01:20 AM
Expecting to get an update tomorrow Tony, which is now today . I am under the impression it will be ready by end of financial year (which is only a hop skip and a jump away :frightene ) Wow this year has flown, it's frightning really, will be christmas in no time lol and not long after that I will be asking people if they give old age pensioner a discount hehe.

Have a great weekend

Tonyr
30-06-2004, 10:32 PM
30th June...must be getting close now?

Heard anything Ebony?

Ebony
30-06-2004, 10:36 PM
Would you believe it, I do not know any more then you. Last I heard she actually had a response half written out to post here, she was just trying to keep it simple :rolleyes: eeessshh Programmers lol - this was on Friday night.

Now I know she said she was going to be working really hard to get it done and would probably be a wreck by tomorrow. Hopefully this is not the case. I will give her a call tomorrow and suss it all out.

I guess she never got her reply completed

These programmers Tony, they are not as grounded as you lawn mowing contractors lol

Tonyr
30-06-2004, 10:53 PM
LOL!

Tomorrow or Saturday I will email you about the custom settings/changes with work descriptions we spoke about.

Something else I had to do too wasn't there...

oh yeah, Corporate Invoicing feature too.

Will it be a CD or download?

(Did you receive my payment yet for the tyre goo?)

Ebony
30-06-2004, 10:58 PM
Will be on CD Tony, corporate invoicing is pretty much an add on, the program is very similar just has more options. Like with quickbooks or MYOB they have the more basic ones then the Professional versions. You take what you need, otherwise it all might just be to much for you type of thing.

Just checking but you do realise tomorrow is Thursday right Tony :)

Not received payment Tony, but don't worry about it, the mail is very slow at the moment.

Ebony

Tonyr
30-06-2004, 11:02 PM
oH NO, Doing it again....can't get a handle on all of these days we have in our weeks, goollly!
:o :o

Anyway, sent it, should get it this week.

Think I need rest! :laughing:

Ebony
02-07-2004, 03:52 PM
:i dunno:

I hate having to do this... BUT I am having a whole lot of trouble getting hold of her at the moment. I know she was working hard to get it completed, and she was saying that there were going to be a lot of late nights until she got it done.

But I am very very sorry that I cannot give you an update on how it is going.

Does anyone actually care that I have customers to answer to :mad:

And yes, I have had a bad day. If one more supplier lets me down and thinks I care about their excuses, this smilie will need to be renamed after me :dean:

Have a great weekend to all of you

Easycareacres
02-07-2004, 05:08 PM
sORRY Im mr negative tonight, whats all these mowing programes etc and why update etc, love to know and rest of all these customers needs
? wheres a free trial as not paying for so many spread sheets never to be used. Just want ing to know whats new. Alot have crap on hedging cleANING want a ral wage and job sheet love to see one without the drama.

Tonyr
02-07-2004, 05:21 PM
S'OK Ebony...I don't mind placing my life and business on hold for ya, LOL!

I know it ain't you holding it up so don't sweat it, you got my email with custom changes for Beth to configure into my disc?
Just send er up as soon as ya can mate....why don't you come on a road trip and meet ya QLD members?

Ebony
02-07-2004, 05:46 PM
OK, not exactly sure what you are trying to say Russ but lol @ Mr Negative.

Free trial? OK, if you are willing to pay more for the program, I will get her to write up yet another program so you can have a free trial. What's new is that if you want a program to do exactly what you want and not what others want you should send an email to Miss Illusive and ask her for a quote on a tailor made program.

The new version I believe will give you the options to what services you list Russ, so you can list only what you want.

I have not seen the new version so can't give you any inside information I am afraid, just what I have discussed with other wise solutions.

Everyone has their own wish list and pleasing everyone at the same time is virtually impossible so they do what they can and improve as a result of feedback etc.

Ebony

Easycareacres
02-07-2004, 06:24 PM
ha before ya get off ya horse id like a demo on old version. yes dont belive in paying before seeing.lol Most need the ensentails in mowing meaning push mowers etc im simular only seen couple versions back and was so much crap send us all a sample lets see. . come on Sorry if hard but hey we people making bucks need a real progrmame not to silly with all the wings. Most on this site and all over aust are push honda type so a programe for them would be the most answering to all. Seen some say leaf blowing da dad da . We aussies, if dont have it dont show it MOW AND USE NANAS hankie to write on lol
If anyone likes a to mention a progarme well yeehaa show us all no dark ages come on I use a nz programe love to get better but need to hear fro :russ: m you all. Aclaim I use is acounting programe not a mowing programe but is good for me others will find some much better.

Tonyr
02-07-2004, 08:47 PM
I've ordered the new mowability software mate, I have seen the screen shots Ebony posted and the demo account, it looks like it does everything I want, the corporate invoicing feature is a great idea. I'm keen to get it going, once I do learn it etc I'll give ya a report. At a great price too...

probably more complex systems like clip, gator etc from america but this one is in my budget and will do the basics I need.

Not a complete accounting program maybe, but a tool that can save time and make professional invoices plus simple biz running costs etc.

The work categories can be changed when you order too, e.g if you don't remove rubbish but do something not mentioned for example it can be altered...mine is quite different.

Because of the corporate invoicing and custom work descriptions this should suit our business as much as the push mow guys, just get the programmer to set it up for your business.

I'll keep you posted....

Ebony
07-07-2004, 05:38 PM
OK, she has been offline, apparently knuckling down trying to get it all finished and running smoothly. She is hoping to have it done by teh end of the week. But Please do not Hold me to that.

It apparently has a few extra benefits in this new version.

I will let you know as soon as i know more

Ebony

Easycareacres
07-07-2004, 06:11 PM
man I must have been drunk when wrote that lol. What I would like to know are there any programes that can auto reconise 1 -2 and 3 weekly and 4 weelkly jobs automaticaly when they are due ?

Ebony
07-07-2004, 06:14 PM
Hi Russ

Yea MowAbility does :)

You can have it set to a frequency of 9 days if you like, and then you can print a schedule for the day or for the week etc.

Ebony

Tonyr
07-07-2004, 06:15 PM
Great question Russell,

I have a feeling it does, but where is our leader to confirm? Ebony, come here!! pLease LOL!

Eb, you got my email a few days ago stating the custom changes didn't ya?

Anything else I need to give or know before you send one up?

Ebony
07-07-2004, 06:23 PM
Hi Tony, I did get your email, I am really waiting to see the extra add ons with the program. I am not even really going to elaborate (which is so hard for me :laughing: ) because I am not 100% sure what she is going to add as extra benefits.

But as soon as I know I will let you know how yours is going and will post info on the program on here.

Thanks

Ebony

Tonyr
07-07-2004, 06:24 PM
Pay attention Sheep Shagger! LOL!

Told ya, Even I knew that!

He who rides Scags/dags can't be expected to be as knowledgable as The Lone Toro Rider!!!! :laughing:

Tonyr
07-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Thanks Ebony, that would be great.

Tonyr
09-07-2004, 11:26 PM
Hey Ebony, just thought of a great add on...a feature for recording spray jobs, that would be neat, and we are all 'supposed' to keep stupid records these days. just a thought.

Ebony
16-08-2004, 03:46 PM
Hello All, Due to lack of Support from the supplier of MowAbility we are currently no longer selling this Product.

Please note that the copyright on this product is still active and the update is still being looked into (to the best of my knowledge) The program is still active however we are no longer distributors.

The New Version is not available at this point.

Ebony

Tonyr
16-08-2004, 04:10 PM
Slack support ain't good!

They don't answer their email either, and sounds dodgy a legit programmer using hotmail.

Couldn't find their website either....hmmmm.

Thanks for the update indy!

Ebony
16-08-2004, 04:24 PM
Their website is under construction.

They are legit business. hotmail, not sure why the hotmail account, I am thinking there have been some changes with their hosts - not 100% sure though.

Tony otherwise solutions is a small, independent business, they are not a corporate business. You can't expect them to have all the bells and whistles and pay for website design, hosting etc. when they are trying to keep their overheads down so that they can provide fair priced products to the end user. They are trying to build something for all of us really, and not charging a fortune.

I personally think the problem really comes from there not being a frequently asked questions type fo thing provided by otherwise solutions. I know that most questions asked are very common and repetetive, and even more often they are user generated problems. It would have been nice to just have the answers there -they are a relatively new business and I guess they just have to improve, put procedures into place, better themselves and learn from their mistakes.

We have chosen not to be distributors for this product as the suppliers lack of support reflects badly on our company. The program itself and the pricing structure had great potential.

Ebony :aus-flag:

Tonyr
16-08-2004, 05:01 PM
Tony otherwise solutions is a small, independent business, they are not a corporate business. You can't expect them to have all the bells and whistles and pay for website design, hosting etc. when they are trying to keep their overheads down so that they can provide fair priced products to the end user. They are trying to build something for all of us really, and not charging a fortune.

=========

OK, thanks.

I said what I said because I honestly thought any business, big or small in the programming, design etc business would have a website, an online presence I would of thought would be a 'must' in this line of work. I thought programmers would of learn't web design at uni, so designing your own site shouldn't be a problem, and hosting a small site does not cost much, great way to allow people to see your work, whether a programmer or designer, imo.

you said it was under construction, thank you, I didn't know, now I do and that explains why I couldn't find it. lol.

I understand what you say about their overheads reflecting on the low price of their product, while I understand your view, I find it hard to agree in this case. everyone to their opinion though right?

Software for us at a good price, I'm all for that and very appreciative please don't get me wrong.

I figured they were small, good, that's why I expected an email back...I like emails returned under 6 days in which they haven't when I am wanting to buy from someone, sorry if that sounds unreasonable, maybe it's just me being a grump or something. :)

No I'm not trying to start a debate, just clarifying my comments.

I look forward to seeing mowability on the market one day, I wish the programmer all the best. There certainly is a market for their product! :)

Ebony
16-08-2004, 05:15 PM
As I said, lack of support as of recent is why we are no longer supporting this company so no arguments here.

I worked quite a bit with the programmer, sending the program back and forth, she spent a lot of time getting our feedback on what was needed, not needed etc.

Not much mroe I can do on this topic, you know where I stand and my frustrations. Unfortunatly I am not a programmer so have no control over this one.

Rod
16-08-2004, 08:13 PM
It had the makings of a good program, shame they didn't follow through.

I dispatched it about three months ago. I was disappointed but I moved on. Gone back to docket books.

I know a Company that is good at "Designer Software." They are on the Gold Coast.

They provide and create software for McDonald's Australia and International. They owe me a favour or six for work I did for them from another company etc.

iceman73
05-11-2007, 10:14 PM
What is the best program for business use.......quicken or myob?

kakegc
06-11-2007, 05:33 PM
What is the best program for business use.......quicken or myob?

I'd ask my accountant if I were you! :)

NWGL
06-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Mrs NWGL is a CPA and she told me to use MYOB - my version is 7 years old but it still works for me.

Asking around, most people I know use MYOB.

bb1
06-11-2007, 07:08 PM
I use MYOB, my wife is a book keeper and prefers it. I find it easy to use, and I can get a heap of reports out of it

chaplain
07-11-2007, 09:37 PM
yes depends on your wealthy accountant what hes using makes it easier each time he does u books

ian
15-12-2007, 06:01 PM
most small business accountants i have spoken to seem to prefer myob as it fits better with there systems

Lawns Plus
24-12-2007, 12:59 PM
Have used both and they are both good products,
guess it's whatever you are comfortable with? :i dunno:

tony bettess
05-01-2008, 09:51 PM
To All, That had trouble with Mowabilty check your finger's.I have been using it for 6 year's & the only trouble i have had is the fingers go to quick for the brain to register.Then you have trouble with anything when that happen's. The best part of mowabilty if you want you can use it like a dairy for the week. I find that very helpfull when it comes to doing paper work. :cool: :aus-flag:

baz
14-01-2008, 06:48 PM
im just wondering is mowability still available,and if so could you please tell me where i can get a hold of it.

Paul
09-09-2008, 10:04 PM
Where on the site can i find details on ILMCA's "MYMOW"?
please:)

NWGL
09-09-2008, 10:26 PM
Hey Paul.

Easiest way is to just go to www.mymow.com.au

haireyscarie
10-09-2008, 08:06 AM
is there any way to add more then just mowing.as i am into property maintenance(repair work)..
can we get someextra stuff worked into the software. :i dunno:
please let us all no
cheers
scarie

carb
14-09-2008, 10:04 AM
Hi all anyone useding this softwere as yet and if so good or bad .thank.

m287j
14-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Hi all anyone useding this softwere as yet and if so good or bad .thank.

Thw software hasn't been released yet. :i dunno:

Bluey
16-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Has this been released yet?

MY Programmer
21-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Hi Bluey,

There has been a delay in the release of the Professional Version, online illustration/demo of Scheduler is available - further information is available under Lawn Care Pro Software (http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/showthread.php?p=21569#post21569) Thread.

Haireyscarie, Professional version and Scheduler can both incorporate any services you wish to add. Once Professional has been released we will be more then happy to offer customised versions! We will be offering add on modules, which might be just the option you require.

MYMOW Professional is being designed in such a way that "Add on Modules"/"Customised reports" etc. can be installed with ease at a later date.

glassngrass
28-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Okay guys - who's been using this and could make a comment that's useful for assessing the value of this product.

Perhaps this would also be a useful thread for reporting bugs, suggesting improvements for future versions or getting help for using features.

administrator
28-10-2008, 05:58 PM
When you purchase MYMOW YOU WILL HAVE an email given to you soo u can let the programmer know of any bugs or problems not that they have had any so far so all is looking good
Q @ A direct to the programmer great service . :wave-hi: