PDA

View Full Version : Auction in Brissy

Countrymile
26-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Hi Guys,

I was just sent this auction at Grays. Maybe one of our Brisbane contractors could use on of these?

Unreserved Tractors Ride ons Machinery (http://www.graysonline.com/Sale.aspx?id=71634&tab=Catalogue&WT.mc_id=graymail%3badhoc%3bsale-71634&DC***t.GrayMailClick=tab-header)

Cheers
Shannon

63impala
26-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Man I hate second hand I like shiney and new plus you have a more resale value on it!!!! The only thing I bought secon hand was my Shindaiwa back pack brush cutter dont use it just sitting under the house my 2 cents worth.

Countrymile
26-10-2009, 05:44 PM
We all love the shiny new ones!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bluey
26-10-2009, 05:56 PM
I would rather have second hand than none at all.

danz
26-10-2009, 08:19 PM
:i dunno: some of the best mowers i've bought have been second hand.. country it was a good idea

63impala
26-10-2009, 08:30 PM
All IAm saying if you are making foe example 1500 week in season and you go bye a second hand whatever, you are eather cheap or not a profenal any dude cane to this game and yes every one has there own tricks but it is the tool that make us who we are.

Fred's mowing
26-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Agreed, it is the tool that make us who we are :laughing: .
Cheers Dean.

Bluey
26-10-2009, 09:16 PM
All IAm saying if you are making foe example 1500 week in season and you go bye a second hand whatever, you are eather cheap or not a profenal any dude cane to this game and yes every one has there own tricks but it is the tool that make us who we are.

The minute you walk a new rig out the shop it is second hand. How many of us have gear that is several years old and we are still using it and it is still going strong. Are we all driving brand new vehicles?

Just because it's second hand doesn't mean it won't work just as well. How many of us have gear that we had before we did this job. A quality brand second hand rig in good nick can often be the best alternative for a bloke particularly if he is just starting out.

Bright shiny new tools don't stay bright and shiny for long and they definitely don't make us professional overnight. It's what you do with them that does. There are many guys out there that can do a better job with a second hand mower than most of could with a brand new one.

Second hand gear has it's place in my book.

ian
26-10-2009, 09:23 PM
i agree bluey but i would like to know something about how it's been looked after as some people don't even seem to realise that you should change the oil and clean the airfilter occasionally

63impala
26-10-2009, 09:25 PM
All Iam saying I see dudes at the tip for years with ****ty traliers no sign writing and all there tools are from bunning cash in hand roug cowbow f@#$ers that dirty up us guys that put sh88 loads of money in to our bussinesss to look the part.

Bluey
26-10-2009, 09:31 PM
i agree bluey but i would like to know something about how it's been looked after as some people don't even seem to realise that you should change the oil and clean the airfilter occasionally

Yes mate. Agree totally on that but you can get some good bargains out there.

Bluey
26-10-2009, 09:38 PM
All Iam saying I see dudes at the tip for years with ****ty traliers no sign writing and all there tools are from bunning cash in hand roug cowbow f@#$ers that dirty up us guys that put sh88 loads of money in to our bussinesss to look the part.

Maybe...maybe not. There's a bloke that goes to my local tip. Has no sign writing on his trailer or vehicle at all. But he is there just about everytime I am so he must be doing alright. Haven't seen all his gear but he uses a 196.

If they are cowboys they are probably doing us a bit of a favour as all the tyre kickers looking for the cheapest cut will gravitate to them and away from us and leave the good jobs for us. To be truth full while you see a few of these rigs the majority seem to be pretty serious operators.

ian
26-10-2009, 09:45 PM
some of these guy's could just be starting or if they have been doing it for a while there not doing much or the cheap stuff would have died by now

danz
26-10-2009, 10:22 PM
i remember buying a genuine honda whipper snipper UMK435 secondhand for like $300 and it had only been used once, i were off to buy a new one at the shop but couldnt go past it and its been gem same as a blower i got that had only been used a few times its been good... the cash i saved i put towards a new 216 selfpropelled.. but yeah it is abit of a lottery on second gear from auctions etc..i must admit i did buy a cubcadet zero turn awhile back 150hrs second hand and did have very minor prob but once i sorted it out its been great...

danz
26-10-2009, 10:27 PM
plus people have to start somewhere impala

Andy B
26-10-2009, 10:37 PM
I'd be looking more at them if I wasn't moving to Victoria soon.

Both my brush cutters are second hand, one hasn't missed a beat and the other is currently crap used it once, then next time, starter wouldn't recoil and I couldn't get to spring because previous owner screwed the thread, but I'll fix it and it'll be good again.

For me it depends what your buying when deciding second hand or not, sometimes new is only a little more, sometimes new is way beyond budget and second hand is easily fixed if broken or replaced again.

Zweedo
26-10-2009, 11:19 PM
Some interesting stuff on Grays.

pole saws (http://www.graysonline.com/Search.aspx?q=pole+saw)

lawn edgers (http://www.graysonline.com/Search.aspx?q=lawn+edger)

Countrymile
27-10-2009, 08:05 PM
I just thought if you were looking......

There is also the difference between commercial machines and domestic machines. I would rather have a second hand commercial machine than a new domestic one. We bought an old 216HRA off one of our customers...geez it should have a zimmer frame and a pair of full face sunglasses, but it starts every time, cuts like a dream and it cost a fraction of a new commercial self propelled. We got to spend the difference on adding other stuff.( ie. add more services, earn more money)

It's all personal, you can really get caught up in it, but at the end of the day, you have a budget, and you want to get the best possible performance from the machine you buy in relation to how much you spend.

If you buy a drill, is a secondhand DeWalt better than a brand new GMC, yep I think so...

For us, it's all about down time and repair costs.

Cheers Shannon

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
27-10-2009, 09:25 PM
I get around in a blue VT stationwagon with 220000 kms on the clock (second hand ) My 7 x 4 trailer,,,I got for free. Gave it a spray paint and spent about 50 bucks getting it road worthy.

And by the way, the only advertising on the trailer is the ILMCOA stickers. I'd rather spend my hard earned on better equipment than how my set up looks. I think the quality of my work speaks for itself.

redbackmowing
27-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Some interesting stuff on Grays.

pole saws (http://www.graysonline.com/Search.aspx?q=pole+saw)

lawn edgers (http://www.graysonline.com/Search.aspx?q=lawn+edger)

hi Zweedo, your doing well still mowing lawns at age 99. lol

63impala
28-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Yah true I just like looking the F@#$ing best and Having the best and dowing the best I thinks its that ineer MARINE in me Iam 6f4 and bullitproof ,My dad has 3 trades under him if he saw me with any thing crap I would never here the end of it. KEVIN YOU BYE THE BEST YOU BYE IT ONCE YOU BYE SECOND BEST YOU BYE IT TWICE. herd that my whole life.Kev you never hire tools you bye them and kev you never sells tools because the day you sell them is the day you need it.

I get around in a blue VT stationwagon with 220000 kms on the clock (second hand ) My 7 x 4 trailer,,,I got for free. Gave it a spray paint and spent about 50 bucks getting it road worthy.

And by the way, the only advertising on the trailer is the ILMCOA stickers. I'd rather spend my hard earned on better equipment than how my set up looks. I think the quality of my work speaks for itself.