PDA

View Full Version : AC-DC Band

Charles
09-06-2004, 12:58 AM
I didn't know AC-DC band was Australian until I read it today in the paper.
I may sue Australia for my hearing loss. HAHAHA
Back in the younger days use to fire one up and crank the stereo with "Back in Black"

Indyanswer
10-06-2004, 10:21 PM
I gotts say acdc and the angels Roooooooooooooooooooock :) :) :russ:

DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP BIT LIKE THE MELBOURNE GANGSTERS I THINK THEY COME FROM WHERE I GREW UP WEST HIEDELBERG :dean:

Ebony
11-06-2004, 09:06 AM
AC/DC were formed by the Young brothers Malcolm and Angus Young. Angus and Malcolm emigrated to Australia from Scotland with their parents at an early age and grew up in the city of Sydney.

It was in the Burwood area of Sydney that Angus went to school at the Ashfield boys school. (a mock school report can be found on the sleeve of the Vinyl version of the UK High Voltage album.)

It was also in the famous Chequers club in Sydney that saw the first ever gig by AC/DC. Numerous gigs around he bars and clubs of Sydney would follow before AC/DC would take their act on to the rest of Australia. The road to the top as the song will tell you was a long and hard slog playing night after night and surviving numerous early line-up changes before finally settling on the first classic line-up of Young,Young,Scott,Evans,Rudd.

(extract from crabsodyinblue.com)

odin
11-06-2004, 09:17 AM
scotsmen hmmmmm no damn wonder lol

Tonyr
11-06-2004, 09:25 AM
C'mon guys, I reckon ya all liked ABBA too! :p

Pat Benatar or however it's spelt was great too.

Sheena Easton was popular when I was a kid to many...

Used to love Joan Jet and the Blackhearts (i think it was) back when I was a teen...

What about Dolly, she has the cutest voice!

gee, now we are going back in the past, wow.

odin
11-06-2004, 10:16 AM
rolling stones lol ..ive seen perform in the 60yties 70ties 80ties and 90ties and i seen em last year on hbo ....looked like they should have been doing the show at the old folks home lol ...ole keith he loves that herorin toothpaste lol