PDA

View Full Version : Geetars

Pages : [1] 2

Redeye
23-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Any guitar players out there? I'm becoming a bit of a undisciplined collector, bought another last night (number 13 or 14?) its starting to look like a music shop here with them all as well as piano, keyboards, amplifiers, speaker boxes et al......nice to kick back with a cold beer and an acoustic after mowing/weeding etc! :russ:

deregistered
24-11-2009, 08:27 AM
cant agree more,i love playing music,i also play drums which helps with stress,except when you have alot of gigs and you have to play all the time,takes the fun out of it then.

Mrs HMS
24-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Not me but Timmy plays. His love is his left handed 12 string accoustic (Takamine - which he's now had for 22 years).

I am trying to find a left handed 12 string accoustic Maton for him but the one I did find would almost require a second mortgage be taken out. Looks like he'll need to be happy with a 6 string, but even those left-handed are hard to find!

I love it when he comes home and picks up the guitar...it's just nice to listen to while I bustle around the house.

simo
24-11-2009, 02:30 PM
no can`t play guitar but can play the banjo (a bit ) still lots to learn been playing about 2yrs.. the wife has a guitar but it collects dust and its left handed..once i`ve mastered the banjo i might have a go at guitar :rolleyes:

Redeye
24-11-2009, 03:22 PM
cant agree more,i love playing music,i also play drums which helps with stress,except when you have alot of gigs and you have to play all the time,takes the fun out of it then.

I haven't gigged for 20+ years,occasionally in mates bands,used to play in a couple of piano bars.Would probably play bass if I wanted to gig again....always work for bassplayers and drummers.

Mrs HMS, look at Cole Clark 12 stringers, Maton quality is very iffy these days, Cole Clark is run by former Maton luthiers and are very nice guitars for the money.

Shepparton Lawn Care
24-11-2009, 04:41 PM
I also have a Takemine... semi acoustic. Purchased it in Canada 12 Years ago...
Great Sound... also brings back great memories everytime I pull it out!. :russ: :russ:

jpsgardens
24-11-2009, 06:41 PM
so guys whos better:
slash from guns n roses
or
tom morello from rage against the machine/audioslave etc

or who is better than them :P

Fred's mowing
24-11-2009, 07:27 PM
no can`t play guitar but can play the banjo (a bit ) still lots to learn been playing about 2yrs.. the wife has a guitar but it collects dust and its left handed..once i`ve mastered the banjo i might have a go at guitar :rolleyes:
Do u wear overalls when u play the Banjo??????? :frightene
Cheers Dean.

Mrs HMS
24-11-2009, 08:15 PM
so guys whos better:
slash from guns n roses
or
tom morello from rage against the machine/audioslave etc

or who is better than them :P

We had an invitation from Maton to "An Evening with Tommy Emmanuel" a few years back, held at Allens Music in Blackburn. There were only about 20 people there....faaaaar out that man can play. We both just sat there utterly gobsmacked and totally in awe of his playing. He is a CGP (Certified Guitar Player) and OMG does it show!

simo
26-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Do u wear overalls when u play the Banjo??????? :frightene
Cheers Dean.YEEE HARRR i`am a red neck , especially after a days work in the sun.. :laughing:

chatza
26-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Im a bass player just put new machine heads in today and new strings tomorrow should sound good.
Gotta love it

Redeye
26-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Been thinking of getting a bass,maybe a used Ibanez 5 string or a Yammy perhaps. I'm always tweaking my guitars with locking tuners,different pickups etc,its become an obsession :russ:

What brand strings are you using?

chatza
27-11-2009, 04:56 PM
I use ernie ball strings love em get them for $40 off evilbay or $55 at the music shop. just got a bog standard yamaha bass 4 string but would love a ernie ball musicman stingray 5 string. Only problem is there $3600 new and when your only doing church gigs every other week its a bit much.

Redeye
27-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Yeah, Stingrays are pretty outrageous price-wise. My new Les Paul arrived today,yeehah!

ian
27-11-2009, 11:03 PM
talking about guitar players guitar player (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK14Bu3ET-s) personally i think it should be against the law for someone who looks like that to have talent like that

ian
27-11-2009, 11:09 PM
this might be a better example example (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXf8oJq049w)

Redeye
28-11-2009, 09:07 AM
talking about guitar players guitar player (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK14Bu3ET-s) personally i think it should be against the law for someone who looks like that to have talent like that

She's pretty hot isn't she! An Aussie, I think from Adelaide,she was ready to tour with Wacko Jackson as his lead guitarist when he died. Has also toured with Jeff Beck,Santana amongst others.

Redeye
07-10-2010, 02:20 PM
bought another acoustic yesterday, an Ovation Custom Balladeer from the US - go the aussie dollar!!

Shepparton Lawn Care
08-10-2010, 07:42 PM
niiiicce!!. aussie dollar reached .99 u.s cents today!

cadase
08-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Not me but Timmy plays. His love is his left handed 12 string accoustic (Takamine - which he's now had for 22 years).

I am trying to find a left handed 12 string accoustic Maton for him but the one I did find would almost require a second mortgage be taken out. Looks like he'll need to be happy with a 6 string, but even those left-handed are hard to find!

I love it when he comes home and picks up the guitar...it's just nice to listen to while I bustle around the house.
being a left hander myself, we do find it hard to find good guitars, it's basically youll play what we make and you'll have this colour. I have a strat, and a les paul, and a vantage (japanese manufacturer from the 80's). The vantage is my mule, that's where i try new pickups, pots, capasitors, etc
i figure being left handed its better buying a cheaper guitar with a better range, then mod them to your liking, also the aussie dollar being so good check out some of these www.rondomusic.com
The agiles have a good rep

Redeye
08-10-2010, 10:17 PM
niiiicce!!. aussie dollar reached .99 u.s cents today!
not according to Paypal, dollar was 97 point something when I bought it, paypal exchange rate was 93 point something - thieving bastards:dean:

Shepparton Lawn Care
08-10-2010, 10:29 PM
thats not very "pally" of them Redeye is it?-agree with your sentiments!.Nearly bought a White Yamaha while i was living in Canada, at a huge music store in Calgary. It was a "Paul Simon" signature-although i think Yamaha just paid him bucket loads to put his name to it!-it did have a nice sound though!-Settled on a Takamene instead-olve its sound

Shepparton Lawn Care
08-10-2010, 10:30 PM
thats not very "pally" of them Redeye is it?-agree with your sentiments!.Nearly bought a White Yamaha while i was living in Canada, at a huge music store in Calgary. It was a "Paul Simon" signature-although i think Yamaha just paid him bucket loads to put his name to it!-it did have a nice sound though!-Settled on a Takamene instead-love its sound

Mick
09-10-2010, 07:47 AM
I have a newish Maton (cheapest solid top forget number) and a approx 1999 Martin OOOM.
http://i56.tinypic.com/eu2frm.jpg

I played in a "party band" for a while but it sucked all the fun out of playing. Put it down for about a year and then we got new neighbours (2 sides) who are into playing as well. That motivated me again and we get together and jam/get-on-it every so often. One of them just bought a little Yammy PA thats pretty cool.

We are no where near pro, just a few drinks and knock out some tunes! Great fun until you realise its 5am!

Bluey
09-10-2010, 07:56 AM
That great mate. I don't have a musical bone in my body and often wish I did. I love straight guitar music aka the shadows

Mick
09-10-2010, 08:12 AM
One of my neighbours has a modified Fender Strat (I think it was Phil Manning's from Chain.) I had a go of it a couple weeks ago. You could get that Shadows sound on it! Thing had 5 or 6 different pick up settings. Best sounding Strat Ive heard without any effect pedals.
Like I said, Im no pro but can put a few chords together. Im a big Neil Young fan. "Live Rust" was the reason I learnt guitar int eh first place.

courty
09-10-2010, 08:21 AM
Mick
you have as many remotes as us :)

I love guitars as well but can't play for ****,Ihave a cheap Epiphone acoustic. My 10yr old daughter is starting to show an interest in learning,so it might be time for some lessons together.

Mick
09-10-2010, 08:31 AM
Mick
you have as many remotes as us :)

I knew that would get a comment! Life would suck without remotes!

I been trying to get my kid to learn but I have to push her, which I dont really like or want to do. I dont want to put her off it all together. She'd much rather Facebook or Skyp her delinquent friends!

Redeye
09-10-2010, 10:01 AM
I'll bet that Martin OOO sounds sweet! I've got a hand-made S Yairi OOO, probably my fave acoustic of 6 currently owned. Not a real strat fan, got a cheap copy but have a fender tele which I love.

Mrs HMS
09-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Settled on a Takamene instead-love its sound

Timmy has a Takamine 12 string accoustic (left handed). I love the sound of it.

Mick
09-10-2010, 02:02 PM
I'll bet that Martin OOO sounds sweet! I've got a hand-made S Yairi OOO, probably my fave acoustic of 6 currently owned. Not a real strat fan, got a cheap copy but have a fender tele which I love.

Ive had pros have a go of that OOOM and they loved it. It dosnt have a big bottom end but pretty good with new med strings. It is my favourite out of the 2. The action is great and very easy to play.
Sounds awesome through a Pre Amp (only has a piezo pick up) and PA.

I dont have a Strat but I wouldnt mind getting one, one day. I like the versatility of them, ya know? Has 'that" sound but can also be dirtied up as needed.
I do love Les Paul but kinda monotoned if you know what I mean. Great sound, but much different to a Strat. I'd love both! haa But funds need to go elsewhere!

cadase
09-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Ive had pros have a go of that OOOM and they loved it. It dosnt have a big bottom end but pretty good with new med strings. It is my favourite out of the 2. The action is great and very easy to play.
Sounds awesome through a Pre Amp (only has a piezo pick up) and PA.

I dont have a Strat but I wouldnt mind getting one, one day. I like the versatility of them, ya know? Has 'that" sound but can also be dirtied up as needed.
I do love Les Paul but kinda monotoned if you know what I mean. Great sound, but much different to a Strat. I'd love both! haa But funds need to go elsewhere!

you can purchase a cheaper les paul (epiphone, agile etc) and put in a couple of seymour duncan 59's, a good wiring harness, pots, capacitors, from www.stewmac.com and you'll get that gibson
tone, It's pretty hard to tell the difference, I've heard gibson les pauls that don't even sound like gibson les pauls (if you know what i mean). Players like srv, van halen, ian moss often use guitars that have been cannibalized from other guitars. Jimmy page uses a $200 danelectro for his slide work :i dunno:

Redeye
09-10-2010, 08:58 PM
better still, get a jap LP. I've got a Tokai that runs rings around most Gibbo's(the most over-rated maker in the world) & put aussie made Brierley pick-ups in it!!
Japanese made guitars are the most consistent in quality of all the makers pretty well - better made than most US brands
Check out "ishibashi" on google while the aussie dollar is so strong

Mick
09-10-2010, 10:30 PM
Ive also heard good things about Jap guitars. Not in the market for anything though!

courty
09-10-2010, 10:46 PM
I had a Tokai Tele back in the early 90's,picked it up for a few bucks as it looked like hell. I cleaned up the body but left the electrics alone. A couple of guys I knew who played pretty well commented at how nice it played.I ended up giving it to my wife's nephew as it was sitting around gathering dust and he was a kid with no dough but was starting to play really well,must find out if he still has it.

cadase
10-10-2010, 11:18 AM
I had a Tokai Tele back in the early 90's,picked it up for a few bucks as it looked like hell. I cleaned up the body but left the electrics alone. A couple of guys I knew who played pretty well commented at how nice it played.I ended up giving it to my wife's nephew as it was sitting around gathering dust and he was a kid with no dough but was starting to play really well,must find out if he still has it.

Tokai were a great brand, I think Gibson took them to court with the les paul copies. in the 80's
The truth was, Gibson were pizzed that tokai were making a better product than them

Redeye
10-10-2010, 06:35 PM
Too true. Tokai are a true quality build. Gibson are pretty much the laughing stock amongst the big name builders these days, culminating in their Jimi Hendrix tribute guitar which lasted about 5 minutes(Jimi played Fender strats almost exclusively). The original law-suit with Les Pauls was with Ibanez, their first runs were exact copies and known as "law suit" LPs - a great guitar if you can get your hands on a good one

danz
12-10-2010, 11:16 PM
I have a Gun metal blue MIJ Fender Jag with the humbuckers it's a nice guitar to play i have another jap guitar which i were suprised with.. i bought a Cole Clarke fatlady 2 when they first came out the guy in the shop didn't know the difference between the 1 and the 2 and had they same price on them so i couldn't go passed it it is a ripper im not real flash but dont mind abit of a strum its a good way to relax

Redeye
26-01-2011, 07:33 PM
I'm selling my Ovation Custom Balladeer if anyone's interested, USA made, 21 year old
original hard shell case. $800 + postage; PM if interested

greasemonkey
03-05-2011, 04:42 PM
I've been playing since I was 8 years old. I've got a Gibson SG special made in 1993, a Marshall JCM900 100W head and Marshall 4x12 cab.

Check out my band www.facebook.com/battleaxetheband

Redeye
03-05-2011, 07:32 PM
sounds brootal gm

Mick
03-05-2011, 07:34 PM
I've been playing since I was 8 years old. I've got a Gibson SG special made in 1993, a Marshall JCM900 100W head and Marshall 4x12 cab.

Check out my band www.facebook.com/battleaxetheband

Any youtube vids?

greasemonkey
05-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Nah not yet unforuntately. Our first show is on Saturday night! Keen!

Mick
05-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Nah mate, not keen on glam hear rock! haaaaa

cadase
05-05-2011, 05:16 PM
you sound a bit like Deep Purple
keen :)

Bluey
05-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Not that much into hard rock but you guys sounded pretty good if your into it. Which one is you Grease Monkey. Photos had me reaching for a pair of scissors though...;frosty;;frosty;

greasemonkey
07-05-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm James. (The one with the longest hair haha!)

First show tonight. KEEN!

Redeye
08-06-2011, 07:15 PM
words can't describe......
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=yE7waNi5dc0

Bluey
08-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Simply brilliant. Imagine what they will be like when they grow up.

cadase
08-06-2011, 08:19 PM
you have to wonder, yeah very well rehearsed, i bet their parents are very happy, not one mistake, wonder what happens when one does make a mistake

cadase
08-06-2011, 09:07 PM
But better than my effort
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7q-qyhVxac :)

Redeye
08-06-2011, 09:54 PM
bloody southpaws lol...doing my head in trying to work out what tuning & key you're in...
sounds good! recorded with the guit's pickup?

cadase
08-06-2011, 10:25 PM
bloody southpaws lol...doing my head in trying to work out what tuning & key you're in...
sounds good! recorded with the guit's pickup?

It's in open D
just a blue yeti condenser mic that i picked up on ebay

Redeye
09-06-2011, 09:03 PM
ahah, haven't played around with open tunings much only open G - I've got a reso but use it for finger-picking even though I got it with the plan of getting into slide

Mick
09-06-2011, 10:16 PM
But better than my effort
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7q-qyhVxac :)

Good stuff mate!

fairdinkum
28-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Been lookin at gettin back into playin again. Lookin for a nice little low cost amp. Like the look of the vox vt40+ or the line 6 spider IV range. Anyone ever used either? I vaguely remember someone here mentioning the vox and am leaning towards that. Can get the amp + footswitch for just under $400 delivered. Looks like a good price i think.

Mick
28-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Been lookin at gettin back into playin again. Lookin for a nice little low cost amp. Like the look of the vox vt40+ or the line 6 spider IV range. Anyone ever used either? I vaguely remember someone here mentioning the vox and am leaning towards that. Can get the amp + footswitch for just under $400 delivered. Looks like a good price i think.

I got the 20watt Vox and foot switch for less than $200. It was off the floor (still has warranty) but still, price was great. Ive found the 20watts ample for messing around in the lounge room. In fact, I barely get past 2 on the dial! haa You can send more power to the speaker for that "push amp to limit sound" but keep volume down. I bet its loud enough to jam with a drummer or band in a jam room. You would have to mic it to play a large room or outside beer garden or what ever.

I love the pre set amp mods and really just use them instead of messing with it. You can assign 8 presets into the foot switch. One bank I have clean, bluesy, heavy and metal. On other bank I have another clean, auto wah, and 2 heavy presets.
You can adjust any preset like volume and save it. Say you want low volume clean but also a louder clean for lead or what ever, you can save then separately. It would be nice to have a volume level meter or something but still, not the end of the world. It does have an onboard tuner which seems accurate and easy to use.

Only potential problem is the head phone jack. Once you remove the plug, it seems to stick like its still in there. Ive read its a common issue and some type of lube can sort it.

I love this amp, but I really love having the foot switch.

Get on youtube and check out a few demos!

cadase
28-06-2011, 08:07 PM

Yeah the vox sounds good and a few good reviews on you tube as well. My setup at the moment is,
guitar
line6 x3 live
into the pc
then into recording software, which also has amplitube and pod farm running if i want it
then out of the x3
into either headphones or line6 spider3 (which is a crappy amp)
so i go into the clean channel or mp3 line in

Redeye
28-06-2011, 10:12 PM
these are the ducks guts, hand-made in Oz, and cheapish, the secret weapon of many pro's and studios http://valvetone.com.au/ you can get them here http://rivermusic.com.au/index.php

fairdinkum
29-06-2011, 05:48 AM
One nice little feature on the line 6 spider IV that impressed me is the looper thingy that lets you record say a 15 secon chord progression then play it back in a loop so you can solo over it. Does anyone know if the vox has that feature?

Mick
29-06-2011, 07:36 AM
Yeah, that Line 6 looks pretty nice but you have to get into the 75 to get the looping, muso pre sets etc. How much is the you bute foot switch? That loop feature is pretty awesome though!
Im sure you'd be happy with either. Get out there and try a few out! Stairway to Heaven is a great tune to audition stuff in music shops! haaaa

Let us know what you get!

Mick
30-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Correction... I paid $285 for the amp and foot switch.

AJD Mowing
30-06-2011, 04:16 PM
I played guitar when I was a teenager and in to my 20s but then got maried and had some kids and my old yamaha got put in the cupboard. 20 years later my wife and I made friends with one of our kids parents and we were asked to their house for a party. later in the night a few guys brought out guitars and it was on they were jamming. As soon as I got home I got my old guitar out put new strings on adjusted the tension rod and I was off. 3 years on and I am loving it I play every day. I am in to Pink Floyd at the moment have learnt in the last year Shine on You Crazy Diamond,Wish You were here,The Wall part 2 and comfortably Numb although the lead in comfortably Numb has me stumped when it starts to get hectic.. Another favorite is Neil Young he was a big influance when I was young..

Cheers Dean
ps the more I look at this site the more I like it...

Mick
30-06-2011, 04:35 PM
I played guitar when I was a teenager and in to my 20s but then got maried and had some kids and my old yamaha got put in the cupboard. 20 years later my wife and I made friends with one of our kids parents and we were asked to their house for a party. later in the night a few guys brought out guitars and it was on they were jamming. As soon as I got home I got my old guitar out put new strings on adjusted the tension rod and I was off. 3 years on and I am loving it I play every day. I am in to Pink Floyd at the moment have learnt in the last year Shine on You Crazy Diamond,Wish You were here,The Wall part 2 and comfortably Numb although the lead in comfortably Numb has me stumped when it starts to get hectic.. Another favorite is Neil Young he was a big influance when I was young..

Cheers Dean

Neil Young was the reason I picked up the guit in the first place. Live Rust was the album I wanted to play. The acoustic sounded sooo good on Im a Child and Sugar Mountain but Cortez, Cinnamon Girl, The Loners etc got me hooked on electric as well. Fun doing electric stuff on a cheap, high actioned acoustic plugged into an overdriven amp! Ouch! Ended up leaning most of that album though, enough to play along anyway!
Decade is a great "best of" compilation. Zuma, Tonights the Night and On the Beach are probably my fav true albums though. Ive owned most of the earlier albums at some stage. Many a drunkin (etc) night listening/playing to Neil!

I also love Pink Floyd. Shine On does my head in, but love the song! Dark side of the Moon is a good album to play along with too, for the most part!

Almost bought tickets to see The Wall Live this morning but the price's for decent seats are out of my reach. Bugger, but would of been good to see.

courty
30-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Mick
You may have already seen it but this is a great cover of Cortez.
I love Grace Potter and not just for her talent either:laughing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paeNnR33i5Q

fairdinkum
30-06-2011, 05:50 PM

Cheers Dean

My situation is similar. Played guitar heaps from 16 to my mid 20's. Mainly played vintage metal like sabbath, early maiden, judas priest, early metallica, slayer etc. Had a metal cover band and played a few parties but couldn't keep regular members for long enough....Didn't play for about 5 years so i sold my guitar, amp and quad box for cash :(. Got the bug again about 10 years ago, bought a nice new ibanez and a crappy amp. A few months later broke my left hand index finger wicket keeping at cricket. Was so bad the middle knuckle had to be permanently fused in place. Then marriage, kids etc. Basically I haven't played in 15 years give or take and realised, now that I don't get much chance to play sport or go out on the piss I need some kind of escape. I remember back in the day how I'd be out in our little jammin room all night playin around. Bloody miss that **** hey!

cadase
30-06-2011, 06:10 PM
My situation is similar. Played guitar heaps from 16 to my mid 20's. Mainly played vintage metal like sabbath, early maiden, judas priest, early metallica, slayer etc. Had a metal cover band and played a few parties but couldn't keep regular members for long enough....Didn't play for about 5 years so i sold my guitar, amp and quad box for cash :(. Got the bug again about 10 years ago, bought a nice new ibanez and a crappy amp. A few months later broke my left hand index finger wicket keeping at cricket. Was so bad the middle knuckle had to be permanently fused in place. Then marriage, kids etc. Basically I haven't played in 15 years give or take and realised, now that I don't get much chance to play sport or go out on the piss I need some kind of escape. I remember back in the day how I'd be out in our little jammin room all night playin around. Bloody miss that **** hey!
Yeah same here,
Used to do the cover band thing
Led Zepp, Angels, choirboys, AcDc, etc, biggest claim to fame was jamming with status quo's/party boys bass player Alan Lancaster when he was playing with the party boys, top bloke, craziness going on all around him and he'd 'just rather a good cuppa tea'

Mick
30-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Bloody miss that **** hey!

Should get into slide mate! One of my customers makes his own lap steels, dedicated slide and 4string guitars. Good stuff!

cadase
30-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Gotta Love the Rev
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx6kib_hjcA

AJD Mowing
30-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Neil Young was the reason I picked up the guit in the first place. Live Rust was the album I wanted to play. The acoustic sounded sooo good on Im a Child and Sugar Mountain but Cortez, Cinnamon Girl, The Loners etc got me hooked on electric as well. Fun doing electric stuff on a cheap, high actioned acoustic plugged into an overdriven amp! Ouch! Ended up leaning most of that album though, enough to play along anyway!
Decade is a great "best of" compilation. Zuma, Tonights the Night and On the Beach are probably my fav true albums though. Ive owned most of the earlier albums at some stage. Many a drunkin (etc) night listening/playing to Neil!

I also love Pink Floyd. Shine On does my head in, but love the song! Dark side of the Moon is a good album to play along with too, for the most part!

Almost bought tickets to see The Wall Live this morning but the price's for decent seats are out of my reach. Bugger, but would of been good to see.

Hi Mick,
Have you ever listened to Neil Young Live at Massey Hall (1972)?? It is my favorite album. a lot of the songs on Harvest were heard for the first time on this album as harvest came out the following year as he was writing them as he was travelling. he talks about how he came about writing a lot of the songs its awsome...
Yes I was gunna get tickets to The Wall but without Gilmour there its not the same and I like Waters voice but I like Gilmour's more.. Think I will go see Stevie Nicks instead..

AJD Mowing
30-06-2011, 07:12 PM

Mate pick it up and play... I found I got boored when I stoped learning and just kept playing what I already knew so I keep motivated by always trying to work stuff out..

Cheers
Dean

Classic Cut
30-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Courty it's good to put a trailer to a name today. Saw you coming in the tip today just after 12:30pm as I was leaving. Thanks for the, mutual wave too, even though I am a Jimmy.

Mick
30-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Hi Mick,
Have you ever listened to Neil Young Live at Massey Hall (1972)?? It is my favorite album. a lot of the songs on Harvest were heard for the first time on this album as harvest came out the following year as he was writing them as he was travelling. he talks about how he came about writing a lot of the songs its awsome...
Yes I was gunna get tickets to The Wall but without Gilmour there its not the same and I like Waters voice but I like Gilmour's more.. Think I will go see Stevie Nicks instead..

I have heard it ages ago when it came out. Great album and Im tempted to buy it. Trouble is, I have probably 20 NY albums. I do like his old stuff though so like I said, Im tempted! hehe

fairdinkum
15-07-2011, 04:30 AM
Just an update. I ended up going with the digitech rp355 multi effects unit and keeping the amp I have. It's only a crappy made in china amp that I picked up off grays online a few years back for $50. BUt with the amp/cabinet modelling of the digitech it sounds awesome. Got the digitech off ebay for $192 + $30 for an aussie power supply. Great buy I reckon. All I will ever need.....well maybe some nice pickups for me guitar too :)

cadase
15-07-2011, 08:22 AM
Just an update. I ended up going with the digitech rp355 multi effects unit and keeping the amp I have. It's only a crappy made in china amp that I picked up off grays online a few years back for $50. BUt with the amp/cabinet modelling of the digitech it sounds awesome. Got the digitech off ebay for $192 + $30 for an aussie power supply. Great buy I reckon. All I will ever need.....well maybe some nice pickups for me guitar too :)
Sounds good, can you download patches for the digitech ?
I'm using line6 modelling at the moment through amplitube fender, beautiful :)
Just put a set of seymour duncan 59's in my Vantage vp820, it was my first guitar and still my favourite, the japanese sure made some nice guitars in the 80's

cadase
15-07-2011, 08:25 AM
haven't posted a pic, so this probably won't work
yeah it didn't :)

cadase
01-08-2011, 08:38 PM
I've lashed out, and in a moment of insanity bought a guitar off of tradetang :)
better still, it's from a guy called 'dave' at tradetang :)
2010 11 Left harded SSU Setzer Nashville 6120 electric guitar
That's right it is left harded :)
with a right harded bigsby :)
It is a risk, but, if i can get a descent one, i can do the mods myself and end up with a good guitar
i've given up trying to get a left handed hollow body from anywhere reputable, most are made in China anyway
So i'll keep my fingers crossed and hopefully in 3 weeks......
Here's a guy from NZ who has one

http://www.youtube.com/user/blumaxnz#p/u/8/nuR3grHfsR0

Redeye
02-08-2011, 08:07 PM
put in some Brierley p/ups and decent pots and tuners & you're miles in front - pics when u get it!!

Mrs HMS
02-08-2011, 08:23 PM
That's right it is left harded :)

You and Tim should compare lefty stories. His are all lefties - love the sound of the 12 string accoustic but he's has that nearly 25 years. Just has it's first professional "service" and he says it plays and sounds so much better than before.

cadase
02-08-2011, 09:01 PM
You and Tim should compare lefty stories. His are all lefties - love the sound of the 12 string accoustic but he's has that nearly 25 years. Just has it's first professional "service" and he says it plays and sounds so much better than before.
"we" leftys are discriminated against badly, the main Guitar/music store in Adelaide must have over 200 guitars on their walls, not one lefty
Chinese guitars are improving rapidly, they are known for quality control issues though :) There is a site that goes in depth about how to spot a chinese replica, which is pretty funny because China is where all the manufacturers are heading

fairdinkum
04-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Above is a pic of my first love. Has been sitting in the garage at my parents place for about 18years in it's current state. Finally decided to pull her out and begin the restoration project. Stage one is tracking down a tremolo system that fits in the hole. I have no Idea where i put the original broken one or even if I kept it. But from the research I have done so far it seems that it was a kahler which is gonna be pretty hard to find as it is not like the current systems that they make. I can see some big $$ being thrown at this one hehe. Better start mowin a few more lawns.

cadase
04-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Above is a pic of my first love. Has been sitting in the garage at my parents place for about 18years in it's current state. Finally decided to pull her out and begin the restoration project. Stage one is tracking down a tremolo system that fits in the hole. I have no Idea where i put the original broken one or even if I kept it. But from the research I have done so far it seems that it was a kahler which is gonna be pretty hard to find as it is not like the current systems that they make. I can see some big $$ being thrown at this one hehe. Better start mowin a few more lawns.
good luck the closest thing i could find to it was the epiphone s600 but that's not it

cadase
04-09-2011, 02:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGDL5CdpI_I

Quick look at my Chinese Gretsch

Redeye
28-09-2011, 09:19 PM
put new pickups in my Potbelly today, Seymour Duncan P-Rails with Triple Shot mounting rings- wow!! Each pup is a humbucker, single-coil and P-90, all switchable from 2 micro switches on each mounting ring

fairdinkum
30-09-2011, 06:19 AM
Just an update on my guitar. Managed to track down a brand new kahler tremolo identical to what was in it when I bought it. Got meself a set of emg active pickups (sa/sa/85). Still waiting for the locking nut to arrive and have to extend the pickup wires because they are too short. Other than that just needs some cosmetic work. In total cost me $330 including postage from US.

Redeye
01-01-2012, 08:19 AM
I've had a pair of P-90s sitting here waiting for a body to go in; got this cheap on ebay, $220 new, posted - mahogany body, maple neck - I'll gut it replace all the hardware with decent stuff

while wating for the bidding to end, I saw this on US ebay and couldn't help myself

its an Ibanez JS 700, A Satriani signature model from 1997. It's special in that its a P-90, wrap around bridge model and pretty rare, only 1000 were made! Merry Chrissy redeye!!

fairdinkum
01-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Above is a pic of my first love. Has been sitting in the garage at my parents place for about 18years in it's current state. Finally decided to pull her out and begin the restoration project. Stage one is tracking down a tremolo system that fits in the hole. I have no Idea where i put the original broken one or even if I kept it. But from the research I have done so far it seems that it was a kahler which is gonna be pretty hard to find as it is not like the current systems that they make. I can see some big $$ being thrown at this one hehe. Better start mowin a few more lawns.Here it is "almost" complete. Had to modify it a bit to put in the 5 way switch so looks a bit strange. But sounds awesome. Think I might need to get the fret filed or replaced at some stage.

Redeye
01-01-2012, 01:41 PM
maybe consider getting it plek'd http://www.sydneyguitarsetups.com/acatalog/Plek_setups.html

Dazz1
03-01-2012, 10:04 AM
Here's one of my Epiphones, this is a Nick Valensi signiture Riviera. Its a genuine Elitist custom shop job not the mass produced model, and i've got the paper work and registered the S/N with Gibson to prove it! I got it at BingLee in Hong Kong its got to be the best guitar shop in the world! you can pick up and try any combo of guitar and amp you can think of and I don't think you can find so many custom fenders in one place anywhere! My other Epipi is an acoustic, i swaped my old 1985 USA Kramer Striker for it about 20 years ago.

NLALM
14-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Ok here is what this thread has done to me and I just wanted to say thanks to all you guys and for the pictures and vid it has been a real inspiration. My young bloke whos six years old wanted an electric guitar for christmas, so I went in and got him a 3/4 size ashton with a little amp comes in a kit with all the gear, well I couldn't put it down.

I have always wanted to play and years ago got into it but could never really play anything there was no internet then and I didnt get lessons so the intrest faded and I sold my guitar, and never really had much intrest until now, well the small guitar is no good for me, so with the money I got for christmas I went into the music shop and purchased a nice cort acoustic model no is AD880CE if you want to check it out I like the feel and the sound. I can't believe how much stuff there is on the net and u tube it's great . I found this site justinguitar.com and have been studying the lessons hard , I am picking it up slowly I think the brain is not as quick or maybe its the fingers. Anyway I'm having fun and it's something that has nothing to do with lawnmowers. I have picked up the start of wish you were here, how cool.
So sitting on the lounge of a night strumming away on the acoustic became a bit uncomfortable I thought it would be good to have an electric guitar so I could just lay back and practice cords so I bought a nice fender squier pack which I just love. I have been watching slash and myles kennedy on you tube playing sweet child of mine awesome I always liked the gunners but this just blows my mind.
So all this has come about because of you guys it's cost a few bucks but I think I will be right for a while now and I am having heaps of fun. Any tips or advice from aanyone would be great

Redeye
14-01-2012, 09:22 PM
the Cort acoustics are great guitars for the price, really well made!

My 2 new electrics arrived the other day, the Satriani model is brilliant, a keeper - the other will become a project to rebuild with better electronics when the urge takes me

everyone should have a P-90 gat!

cadase
12-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Got to stop buying guitars, ordered this today
G&L asat classic

Redeye
17-03-2012, 10:57 AM
love the asat's, would swap my fender tele for one any day.Bought a tenor uke last week, there a hoot!

AJD Mowing
17-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Nice looking Ukulele Bet it sounds good Redeye?
Hey Redeye I gota friend who lives at Currarong a Brickie by the name of Neil he drives a big blue camper bus do you know him?

Redeye
17-03-2012, 04:23 PM
I have a beer with Nicey pretty well every day - small world!

Redeye
17-03-2012, 08:38 PM
p.s. AJD, your mailbox is full!

AJD Mowing
17-03-2012, 10:16 PM
p.s. AJD, your mailbox is full!
Empty now Redeye.. Yep small world alright.. Hey ask Nicey to tell you the story about his $1,000,000 Stratavarias violin he has that he brought to Canbera to show me and left in the back of his ute for the world to see..

cadase
17-03-2012, 10:52 PM
looks like a good quality Uke, love the cut away

Redeye
06-07-2012, 08:39 PM
like to start a covers band with this guy...
http://exp.lore.com/post/26356983141/a-history-of-rocknroll-in-100-riffs-in-a-single

done in one take!!

cadase
06-07-2012, 11:07 PM
100 song set list
12 minute set, way to go
Speaking of cover bands, or bands that do some covers.
Check out these guys, great stuff, makes me feel like smoking again though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBth4antoRo

Mick
06-07-2012, 11:12 PM
That band is funkin great Cadase. I checked a few of there covers... WOW! Guys voice and guitar.... WOW!!!!

For an acoustic edge, you lot might like this guy. Check his other covers.... he's got a couple! haaa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE_Cd1yKhDg&list=FLYm5GRZ-YHkqgRFLbcdGSgQ&index=4&feature=plpp_video

AJD Mowing
06-07-2012, 11:38 PM
like to start a covers band with this guy...
http://exp.lore.com/post/26356983141/a-history-of-rocknroll-in-100-riffs-in-a-single

done in one take!!

Thats unreal!! Hows the way he changes tuning from E to D then back again at the speed of light... Love it

Mick
06-07-2012, 11:42 PM
Thats unreal!! Hows the way he changes tuning from E to D then back again at the speed of light... Love it

I meant to comment on that guy as well! Guy rips!

Redeye
07-07-2012, 10:55 AM
killer tone there cadase, just bought their album on the strength of that - they're Croation!

I've got the exact same acoustic as that in my collection mick, yammy apx-10
edit - just had another look, I think mine's a higher spec model

AJD Mowing
07-07-2012, 11:07 AM
I am going to have to get down there this summer so I can see your colection Redeye.. Maybe you can play some Bob Segar on that guitar,, I like Ship of fools.. Neil can sleep in the bus I'l have his bed :D

Redeye
07-07-2012, 11:57 AM
I'll warn Di lol

Mick
07-07-2012, 12:48 PM
killer tone there cadase, just bought their album on the strength of that - they're Croation!

I just bought there album too! Good mix of tunes!

I love these guys, Gov't Mule. Warren Haynes shreds and also plays with Allman Brothers Band with Derek Trucks. Hes worth looking into as well. Awesome slide guit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_kkbdBln0A&feature=share

AJD Mowing
07-07-2012, 02:08 PM
I personaly judge music these days by the "Bump Method" if it doesnt give me goose bumps its gone... Cadase and Mick both those bands are in my Goose Bump list :D
Hey maybe we can start a band?? We could call ourselves "The Indies"!!! I can be the manager :rolleyes:

Mick
07-07-2012, 03:02 PM
If we call ourselves "the indies" we'll have to wear paisley shirts and grow long hair.
Sorry mate, been there, done that! Haaa. Don't judge me!!!!
I'll be roadie or collect the $1.00 cover charge though!

There was an Aussie band called "Free Beer." Just a bit misleading I reckon!

Just listening to that album now, with a beer. Gonna be on high rotation for a while I think!

AJD Mowing
07-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Oh dont be like that Mick, You dont have to grow your hair you can wear a wig and besides being as I am the manager I have you as lead singer,, come on we can be the next big thing :i dunno:
We gotta be better than this band http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVFxh996Tk0 :laughing:

Redeye
07-07-2012, 10:22 PM
we could start the "not Jims Band band"

Blaktop
08-07-2012, 04:33 PM
My small guitar collection. The Strat is a '75 and the V is a custom I built myself using an Ibanez Blazer maple neck, a large slab of Tasmanian Blackwood....it has Gibson PAF reissue pickups and Schaller bridge. Used to play them through a '59 bassman reissue and a couple of original TS9 Tubescreamers. It's all floating around the house/shed somewhere.....lol.

A few vids of my band days on my Facebook page......we were never very good.....but we gave good party and had a lot of fun.

https://www.facebook.com/paul.christensen.969/photos

Mick
12-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Dunno if you guys have heard of it or not but cheap tunes here...http://www.mp3va.com
Another one is http://www.legalsounds.com but I havent used it.

AJD Mowing
12-07-2012, 07:55 PM
These are free
http://isohunt.com/

Mick
12-07-2012, 08:36 PM
My links legal!!!!! .................... Care factor??????????????????;frosty;

On another note...This was one of my fav tunes back in the day, resurrected!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOoxMCrjeiU

Redeye
12-07-2012, 08:39 PM
love it, got this album somewhere.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-BOVWQpwAo&feature=related

cadase
12-07-2012, 09:06 PM
That brings back memories :)
I used to have a Hound dog album too, can't remember what one, but it had wild about you baby on it. Good stuff Mick.

cadase
12-07-2012, 09:19 PM
I've been using this site a lot http://www.karaoke-version.com/custombackingtrack/led-zeppelin/since-i-ve-been-loving-you.html
They do butcher a few tracks but are pretty good for practicing with backing, i've bought a few of them, i download all the instruments seperatley, then load them into Reaper, then mute the tracks i don't want to hear.. You can guess what song i've been working on :)

AJD Mowing
13-07-2012, 09:23 AM
My links legal!!!!! .................... Care factor??????????????????;frosty;

On another note...This was one of my fav tunes back in the day, resurrected!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOoxMCrjeiU

Love that stuff Mick.. This album was one of my favorites back in the day.. Probably go to jail for lack of (care factor) after some F@cker broke in and stole all my music 10 years ago :coppa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF00j4gLdvU

Mick
13-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Cadase, Ive made a few (rough) backing tracks in the past, for the fun of it but I usually just go and put on CD and play along. I do have a few full backing tracks though.
If your working on Since I been loving you, you are way better than I. I usually just try and find a couple of riffs to a song and improvise the rest. I suck but after a dozen beers Im a guitar hero. Just ask my neighbours! haa

Redeye, HD Taylor is the man! That dirty sound he has is insane!

ADJ, I hear ya. I had a heap of CD's and tapes (along with other stuff) stolen back in the early 90's. Takes soooooo long to replace them and some where irreplaceable, well, until now I guess with the inter web.
In fact, Im still working on it. Got 2 Police albums yesterday (off mp3va) that I had. Still trying to find an Eric Burdon album that was more 70's with more lead guitar. Ive found the occasional song off it but not the ones I really want, 'Dont let me be misunderstood' and 'Its my life', are the tracks. I think it was recorded when he was in War but not sure.

AJD Mowing
13-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Is the album your after a double album caled "the black mans burdon"? my favorite version of dont let me be missunderstood is by Santa Esmarelda.

I saw Icehouse on tv this morning, they still got it.. I saw them for the first time on the Gold Coast at the Play Room then later at the Surfair Hotel Maroochydore had some good nights in both those venues :)

NLALM
13-07-2012, 06:28 PM
The play room now that brings back some great memories A few big sessions with the NSW surf team awesome that was training back then

Mick
14-07-2012, 10:56 AM
Is the album your after a double album caled "the black mans burdon"? my favorite version of dont let me be missunderstood is by Santa Esmarelda.

I saw Icehouse on tv this morning, they still got it.. I saw them for the first time on the Gold Coast at the Play Room then later at the Surfair Hotel Maroochydore had some good nights in both those venues :)

I really dont know what the album was called. It may of even been a Best Of or something. I'll keep looking!

Miss the ol' Playroom. MANY big nights there. Met my miss's there, unfortunately! hehe
Cant forget about The Patch either. I saw Eric Burdon there with The Party Boys as his backing band. Was awesome but only about 100 people in there. Had the dance floor for my own drunken behaviour!

AJD Mowing
14-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Mick I have War with Eric Burdon The Black mans burden double album. But it doesnt have dont let me be misunderstood on it. I thought it was Eric Burdon and the animals that sang that? anyway if you want it I can burn to cd and send it to you if you want? or email the files.

Cheers
Dean

Blaktop
14-07-2012, 02:40 PM
There have been a number of versions of Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

"Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" is a song written by Bennie Benjamin, Gloria Caldwell and Sol Marcus for the singer/pianist Nina Simone, who first recorded it in 1964. "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" has been recorded or performed by many artists, and is widely known by the 1965 blues rock hit recording from The Animals. A 1977 disco/Latin rendition by Santa Esmeralda was also a hit.

Mick
15-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Mick I have War with Eric Burdon The Black mans burden double album. But it doesnt have dont let me be misunderstood on it. I thought it was Eric Burdon and the animals that sang that? anyway if you want it I can burn to cd and send it to you if you want? or email the files.

Cheers
Dean

Thanks mate but that wont be necessary. I'll find it one day. The version Im after is more rock than but that twanggy 60's sound.

cadase
03-11-2012, 06:28 PM
The New Baby (2nd hand)
Vox AC-30 Top Boost
Custom Classic

Redeye
03-11-2012, 08:41 PM
bewdiful!! v jealous -year?
gotta love a g&l asat!

PaulG
03-11-2012, 10:05 PM
For the guys in the know...

I was looking at an Epiphone similar to this yesterday but it didn't have the Les Paul logo at the top of the neck.

http://www.epiphone.com/Products/Les-Paul/Les-Paul-Standard-Plus-Top.aspx

The guy was asking $350.

Thoughts?

Blaktop
03-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Depends if you want a genuine Gibson Les Paul or an Epiphone version......if it plays well, sounds good.....the price is ok.

Been thinking about putting my guitars and amp on the market. Haven't played for over 10 years now.....my left wrist is stuffed (not because of that....:)) and I struggle to play for more than 10 minutes at a time. If anyone is interested, I have a '75 US Strat, a custom Flying V with a strat style (6 a side tuners) maple neck and three colour sunburst (Schaller bridge, Gibson '57 PAF reissue pickups) plus a Fender '59 Bassman reissue......the 4x10 tweed.

Redeye
03-11-2012, 10:42 PM
look for a s/h jap made Tokai, Greco, Burny..... I've got a tokai love rock, better made than US gibsons these days

alternatively, heaps on the bay http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=epiphone+les+paul&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Blaktop
04-11-2012, 12:29 PM
Sheesh, I had no idea Epiphones were so cheap these days......they always used to be considered a reasonable quality guitar......from memory an Epiphone Les Paul used to go for $600-$800 new about 20 years back.....then again, maybe I'm having a senior moment or two. Was never really into Gibson/Epiphones.....more of a Fender man.

Redeye
04-11-2012, 12:35 PM
its a real shame the Gibson name has fallen so far the last 10 or so years, some of their guitars now are truly awful quality wise

Blaktop
04-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Seriously??? I've been pretty much out of touch in the past 12 years (since I stopped the band thing). I always though Gibson had the quality thing together pretty well. I know the Fender quality control has gone up and down over the years.....the latter part of the CBS years being one. But even 70's Strats are gaining value these days with the rash of "offshore" Strats being made. Even the Japanese Squires look quite good.....lol....I remember when they were considered seriously inferior.

Redeye
04-11-2012, 07:43 PM
PM sent......................

Dazz1
05-11-2012, 07:18 AM
Sheesh, I had no idea Epiphones were so cheap these days......they always used to be considered a reasonable quality guitar......from memory an Epiphone Les Paul used to go for $600-$800 new about 20 years back.....then again, maybe I'm having a senior moment or two. Was never really into Gibson/Epiphones.....more of a Fender man.

I think the current list price is $699 au, so used its seems a good price depending on the condition

Redeye
24-11-2012, 12:31 PM
just ordered a bigsby b7 & vibramate to go on my tokai les paul, spur of the moment buy but looking forward to trying it - never liked the modern strat/floyd style trems
going on this one

cadase
24-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Good luck :)
should look good. Vibromate is non drilling ?
you don't want to drill into the Tokai
I've never seen a valve tone
had to check the website to see what they were

Redeye
24-11-2012, 08:00 PM
no drilling. if I don't like it, I'll put it on an old jazz box I've got here

Redeye
25-11-2012, 05:55 PM
bought a new graph tech saddle set and nut following advice off a forum - may have to get locking tuners too apparently - :) love it!! i haven't modded a guitar for too long... was looking at getting a PRS, this is much cheaper and much more fun

cadase
25-11-2012, 07:03 PM
I you get a chance to download or buy Led Zepp's Celebration day, check out Page's black Les Paul with a Bigsby during For Your Life.... nice :)
He used to have a Black Beauty custom wired. But someone knicked it on their first tour of the States. My Chinese Gretch has a right handed Bigsby (Chigsby :) )
I was going to replace it with a lefty, but i prefer it upside down, i rest my forearm on it, i can get some unusual sounds from it.
*Never tried locking tuners, luckily my guitar was in tune when i bought it :)

*Danny Gatton

Redeye
25-11-2012, 07:14 PM
my first real electric was a mid/late 70's black beauty, bought for a song off someone who didnt know what he had - I was just as ignorant and pawned it 6 months later.....will NEVER forgive myself, but at the time didn't like it (aah to be 19 and "knowledgeable" again)

edit - thinking back, it would have been an early/mid 70's which just makes it that much worse :(

Redeye
08-12-2012, 03:23 PM
bit of a project this morning, bought a bigsby/vibramate unit for my tokai les paul, installed along with a graphite nut and saddles, really happy with the result
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k604/redeye1964/Bigsby/001.jpg
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k604/redeye1964/Bigsby/007.jpg

cadase
08-12-2012, 04:00 PM
how nice is that. found myself staring at it for 5 mins :)
always love a burst Les Paul, The bigsby tops it off nicely.
Still planning to go for the locking tuners ?

Blaktop
08-12-2012, 04:35 PM
That looks really nice Redeye.....how does it play? Does it come back in tune after a whammy? My Strat used to come back with a sharp G string requiring a quick yank or bend to drop it to pitch. I put a graphtec nut on and that fixed it up pretty well.

AJD Mowing
08-12-2012, 07:59 PM
Looks good Redeye... Does it stay in tune?

courty
08-12-2012, 08:03 PM
bit of a project this morning, bought a bigsby/vibramate unit for my tokai les paul, installed along with a graphite nut and saddles, really happy with the result
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k604/redeye1964/Bigsby/001.jpg
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k604/redeye1964/Bigsby/007.jpg

I can't play for **** but love Bigsby's,awesome rig Redeye.
Have liked this Gold top for a while

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhsryMt3TP0

Redeye
08-12-2012, 08:18 PM
a sharp G string requiring a quick yank
too much information!! sorry Paul :) some family arrived so haven't plugged it in yet....grrr
I've got a set of grover locking tuners enroute - everything came from the US, so much cheaper.....unfortunately aussie retailers have no idea - and then ***** about dollars going o/s

PaulG
08-12-2012, 08:41 PM
how nice is that. found myself staring at it for 5 mins :)

Same here. I really need to start learning to play again.

Redeye
24-12-2012, 09:48 PM
had a word with santa....bought a Taylor 312ce Ltd Spring acoustic, englemann spruce top, koa sides, coming from New York

cadase
28-12-2012, 10:15 PM
looks nice, sounds very rich from the youtube clip i found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQCREkUpC7w
his playing annoyed me though :)

Redeye
29-12-2012, 07:58 AM
yea, see what you mean

I bought it to play fingerstyle, that body shape wasn't really designed for hard strumming with a pick

cadase
29-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Redeye (clear your inbox)
I love this site, these days it's hard to find the time to sit down and work songs out. It's the best laid out site i've come across for lessons etc... Great for the new Taylor :)
http://www.mlr-guitar.com

Cheers

Redeye
29-12-2012, 11:25 AM
not a bad site mate!

inbox is empty

NLALM
29-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Can you guys check out the maton m225 and tell me what you think. Im not a guitar players arsehole but would like to upgrade from the cort, I like the maton or cole clark

Redeye
29-12-2012, 01:13 PM
there's lots of mixed reviews of maton the last 10 years, quality is not what it was in the 70/80's, the c/clarks are well made but a different sound to the matons.
Lots of options in that price range e.g. takamine http://www.haworthguitars.com.au/products/guitars/acoustic/takamine-eg50th-acoustic-electric-gtr-50th-anniversary/ ; yamaha http://www.haworthguitars.com.au/products/guitars/acoustic/yamaha-ll6-dreadnought-size-gtr-s-spr-t-eby-fb-nat/ (these are a great guitar for the money); epiphone http://www.haworthguitars.com.au/products/guitars/acoustic/epiphone-aj-500re-acoustic-electric-gtr-jumbo-nat/ this seems a great guitar too - solid rosewood back & sides at that price is hard to beat......I'm not affiliated with that shop btw, its just in my bookmarks as its fairly local to me. The c/clark fatlady 1 gets good reviews, I'd personally go for one over the maton; find a friend who knows his way around a guitar and go play/listen to them in your local shops. One other thing is that cort guitars are about the best made guitars out there for a set price and make a LOT of other brands guitars for them with their own logo put on - what model cort is it?

AJD Mowing
29-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Looks like a good site cadase and its FREE :) Ive saved it to my favorites thanks..
Just one thing I looked at the songs at the start and saw Heart of Gold and looked at it, I think he left a bit out? At the end he goes G C G and should be G Bm Am G pretty sure thats how Big Neil plays it..

NLALM
29-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the reply redeye The cort is an ad880ce I just don't like the feel of it compared to the maton and the pickup is a bit dodgey . Musos corner is just near my place I can get the maton in a hard case for $800. The cole clark is dearer but probably overkill for me I have had a play of one and liked it. I like the idea of an Australian made guitar.I also like the look of the ones you have pointed out. They would all be ten times better than the cort

NLALM
31-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Help what do you guys think of cole clark guitars a mate has put me onto a guy with an fl1 he has had it for 12 months hardly been played wants $500 I am going to have a look on Wednesday morning. I was on my way to buy the maton when I got the call about this guitar

Redeye
31-12-2012, 07:48 PM
great price- have a play first, but a great price if its in good nick

my Taylor was released for delivery today!!! hurry up!

cadase
31-12-2012, 11:00 PM
my Taylor was released for delivery today!!! hurry up!

It's a bugger getting the white powder out from the sound hole :)

AJD Mowing
01-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Just out of curiosity how many Geetars do you you guys have?? Gotta say Im feeling verry jealous with my 1 and only 30 year old Yammy..
"When I get big I'l get an electric guitar,, when I get real big!!" (Who said that??) :russ:

Redeye
01-01-2013, 10:55 AM
16 guitars, 1 uke, 1 banjo, 1 mandolin,3 amps, 1 keyboard and my ol' piano

AJD Mowing
01-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Wow redeye that is impresive!! I will get down there at some stage and kill 2 birds, visit Nicey and have a jam with you.. Hope I am good enough. I can play the chords while you rip, it will be fun.. Hey can you play all those? Piano Guitar Banjo uke and mandolin??

Zweedo
01-01-2013, 07:49 PM
16 guitars, 1 uke, 1 banjo, 1 mandolin,3 amps, 1 keyboard and my ol' piano

Sounds like someone has G.A.S. (http://www.guitaracquisitionsyndrome.com/Page_1.php) (Guitar Acquisition Syndrome). :)

Lawn Mowing Professionals
01-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Sounds like someone has G.A.S. (http://www.guitaracquisitionsyndrome.com/Page_1.php) (Guitar Acquisition Syndrome). :)

:laughing:

Simmo.

AJD Mowing
02-01-2013, 06:26 AM
How often do you change the strings Redeye? must cost you a fortune ?
If I had that many guitars I would need a sound proof room.. as it is I am always being told to shut up by my wife LOL testiment to my musical ability I guess LOL
If I were you I would be like a kid in a lolly shop :madnoel

cadase
02-01-2013, 08:29 AM
I only have 6 Guitars and 2 amps
Epi -Les Paul Custom ( changed the pickups semour duncan 57's i think)
Fender Strat - standard
G&L Tele
Washburn acoustic
Chinese Gretch (project guitar)
Vantage vp820 (my first)
+ various bits and pieces enough to build a frankenstein

Vox ac-30
Line 6 (piece of crap)
Focusrite scarlett 2i2 audio interface ( into amplitube 3 (they have great orange amp sims) )

Redeye
03-01-2013, 08:50 AM
the Taylor arrived this morning Yay!!!
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k604/redeye1964/Taylor%20312ce%20Spring%20Ltd%202012/010.jpg

more shots here http://s1118.photobucket.com/albums/k604/redeye1964/Taylor%20312ce%20Spring%20Ltd%202012/

AJD Mowing
03-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Awsome!! I imagine you sitting on the balcony watching the whales playing the new Taylor..
Now I am jelous :mad:

NLALM
05-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Redeye that looks very nice, and the picture is also great what sort of camera do you have? I boght the cole clark it was to good a deal to let go I will post a picture if I can work out how to do it. There"s just something about looking at a nice guitar

Redeye
05-01-2013, 12:38 PM
yes, I think I'm in love....the camera is nothing flash (excuse the pun), a Fuji Finepix s2500hd - its alright for a roughnut like me but pretty poor spec these days

fairdinkum
05-01-2013, 04:57 PM
This bloke is about my favourite guitarist on the planet at the moment. Awesome skill and lovely sounding guitars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrvTNBHlS_o

He has heaps of vids. Well worth checkin him out.

AJD Mowing
23-01-2013, 06:51 PM
How is the Taylor going Redeye? I bet the Eagles music is getting a good work out? Its a nice looking guitar mate...

I have a theory on acoustic guitars,, I have noticed that the darker the wood the darker more bassy the sound and the lighter the wood the brighter the sound.
Is this right or is it just me??

Redeye
23-01-2013, 08:17 PM
Jason, you want to check out this guy, basically the best guitarist alive at the moment, leaving Vai, Satriani etc behind http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi5W_Bs3VbM&playnext=1&list=PL402CC0A91FB488BF&feature=results_video he also does heaps of pure mind-blowing blues, his band is the aristocrats.
Guessing you know Robben Ford http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkoA3O3oLCU
going nicely Dean, have to get your bum down here and try her out! My theory is that I need lessons how to play the buggers

AJD Mowing
24-01-2013, 05:41 AM
Whats that thing that looks like a hair togle on the neck of Guthrie's guitar? Couldnt be a capo it wouldn't be tight enough?
I do want to get down there Redeye but to busy at the moment maybe around Easter time.. Why dont you come to Sydney for the get together? The Brass Monkey has Peter Northcoat playing that night he is a verry good guitarest http://brassmonkey.com.au/events/peter-northcotes-drive-with-brydon-stace-virginia-lillye/

AJD Mowing
24-01-2013, 05:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoailwuU9Lw

cadase
24-01-2013, 09:17 AM
one of my favourite players
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3r573S1gQw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJx-rLa6Vqw

Redeye
02-03-2013, 09:33 PM
selling 2 gats if anyone is interested - fender tele 1994 MIJ, as new, less than 10 hours play in Greco hard case, its immaculate...$750; and an Ibanez Joe Satriani JS700, this came from New York, pretty rare with stock P-90 p/ups, mahogany body & neck, new Ibanez hard case...$800
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k604/redeye1964/Tele/DSCF0114.jpg
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k604/redeye1964/Tele/DSCF0111.jpg
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k604/redeye1964/P90%20gats/DSCF0120.jpg
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k604/redeye1964/IMG007.jpg

PM if interested / more photos etc

cadase
15-03-2013, 11:13 PM
Love Phil X.......No A.D.D Medication when he was a kid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiHHQHowjCU

AJD Mowing
16-03-2013, 05:22 AM
selling 2 gats if anyone is interested - fender tele 1994 MIJ, as new, less than 10 hours play in Greco hard case, its immaculate...$750; and an Ibanez Joe Satriani JS700, this came from New York, pretty rare with stock P-90 p/ups, mahogany body & neck, new Ibanez hard case...$800
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k604/redeye1964/Tele/DSCF0114.jpg
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k604/redeye1964/Tele/DSCF0111.jpg
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k604/redeye1964/P90%20gats/DSCF0120.jpg
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k604/redeye1964/IMG007.jpg

PM if interested / more photos etc

How did you go redeye did you sell them?

Redeye
16-03-2013, 07:09 AM
I won some money on keno, so they're still here :) will keep them unless someone asks - need an elecric dean?lol

AJD Mowing
16-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Mate I would love an electric I havnt had much to do with them just acoustic but my mate is like you with lots of guitars and we get together with a few others and have jams and I feel like David Guilmour when I have a go on the electric.
My problem is I get told to shut up with the acoustic so you can imagine what will hapen with an electric LOL I need a sound proof room my wife is not musical at all...

cadase
16-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Mate I would love an electric I havnt had much to do with them just acoustic but my mate is like you with lots of guitars and we get together with a few others and have jams and I feel like David Guilmour when I have a go on the electric.
My problem is I get told to shut up with the acoustic so you can imagine what will hapen with an electric LOL I need a sound proof room my wife is not musical at all...

You need Amplitube or Podfarm, descent soundcard and you're ready to go..(oh and an electric) A party in your head.
My wife has threatened a few times to wrap the acoustic across my scone, especially when i was learning Chet Atkins style, 6 solid weeks of boom,chick, boom,chick between the 6-4-5-4 strings. :)

AJD Mowing
16-03-2013, 06:12 PM
What you talking about Willous?? Whats a Amplitude and Podfarm Cadase? Does that make it quiet?

cadase
16-03-2013, 06:42 PM
What you talking about Willous?? Whats a Amplitude and Podfarm Cadase? Does that make it quiet?

Amplitube and Podfarm are software programs that replicate guitar amps
I think amplitube 3 is free these days, but if you want specialty amps you pay for that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaaP0cAFo5k

AJD Mowing
16-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Cadase that looks like a lot of fun.. Do you plug the guitar into the computer and play with the software to get diferent efects?

sterlo
04-04-2013, 07:28 PM
dunno what hes playing but i wish i was as good ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiC__IjCa2s

Sterlo

BSD
04-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Wow, i'm into harmonica, not a toy but blues harp is tricky to get it right, mostly, i get it right, off topic or what?

BSD
04-04-2013, 07:50 PM
dunno what hes playing but i wish i was as good ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiC__IjCa2s

SterloKick ass for sure!!

Redeye
04-04-2013, 08:04 PM
lee oscar or hohner?

cadase
04-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Wow, i'm into harmonica, not a toy but blues harp is tricky to get it right, mostly, i get it right, off topic or what?
"Where i come from, you don't blow no harp, you get no pussy " :)

BSD
04-04-2013, 08:56 PM
Ahh yes, the pussy thing, play well get paid..or laid, @redeye, i luv my hohner special 20's......tried many, but sp20's kick ass.......but cant mow grass.

cadase
04-04-2013, 09:07 PM
Yeah i was just quoting that 80's movie Crossroads, Where the harp player and Karate Kid kicked Steve Vai's ass :)

ian
04-04-2013, 09:09 PM
i think they're called Gitars

BSD
04-04-2013, 09:19 PM
Onya's.........:dance

Redeye
05-04-2013, 09:32 AM
love the hohners too, used to have a full set of chromaticas and marine boys but they were stolen back in the '80s, got this set a few years ago

AJD Mowing
05-04-2013, 09:55 AM
You got everything Redey your a one man band.. Love it!!
You have to know your sh$t to play the chromaticas dont you? not like a blues harp, get the right key and it will sound good no matter what lol
What other hidden secrets do you have??

Redeye
05-04-2013, 10:06 AM
banjo, mandolin, upright grand piano.....shame I can't play any of 'em lol

imoww
05-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Just thought I'd add Greenies pic of his guitar...

BSD
05-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Just thought I'd add Greenies pic of his guitar...

Bwhaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!:pop worm

AJD Mowing
05-04-2013, 06:02 PM
Brings back my Tassie memories building houses at the back of Ouse was a bit like being in the deliverance movie

AJD Mowing
05-04-2013, 06:03 PM
banjo, mandolin, upright grand piano.....shame I can't play any of 'em lol

You seen Neils Stradvarius?

Redeye
05-04-2013, 06:39 PM
asked a while back, keep forgetting - they're out bussing around :)

BSD
05-04-2013, 09:09 PM
@Redeye,....being curious here, my usual mancave is in a harmonica boogie forum, like this one but all music and harmonica talk, can you actually "bend holes 2-3 all the way and back to get that blues tone?...i gave up O'suzanna and row row yur boat about 6 years ago. (muscle memory thing)

Redeye
06-04-2013, 11:53 AM
still haven't worked out how to bend notes, to be honest I haven't blown a harp for years and then it was only Neil Young kinda stuff with a neck strap while strumming a gat

AJD Mowing
06-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Yep that was me,had all neil young stuff down and a few Bob Dylan.. My dog used to howel everytime I played it,, dont know if he was saying he liked it or telling me to shut up like everyone else lol

cadase
13-04-2013, 11:41 AM
Been havin' fun with my new toy Boss RC-3 Looper
.................................................. .........................

I setup a drum track first
.................................................. .........................

Then i add a bass line
.................................................. ..........................

Then i add a bass line
Add a bit of Rhythm
.................................................. ..........................

Then i add a bass line
Add a bit of Rhythm
Also some fills
.................................................. .............................

Then i add a bass line
Add a bit of Rhythm
Also some fills
Then a solo on top
.................................................. ...................

Then i add a bass line
Add a bit of Rhythm
Also some fills
Then a solo on top
Put it in the oven and bake for an hour... :)

AJD Mowing
13-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Sounds like you been having fun Cadase?

:thinking Wouldnt it be good if there was a live jamming site where people could join in at different levels "beginner - intermediate - pretty good - Sh%t hot" people all round the world could find each other and form bands... Its probably already out there???

Redeye
13-04-2013, 12:47 PM
I've had an RC-2 for a couple of years, barely used it -too bloody complicated, been tempted to get a Ditto looper http://www.tcelectronic.com/ditto-looper/ but it would only collect dust with the rest of my pedals, amps, multis'......

cadase
13-04-2013, 12:53 PM
Na they're easy rc-3 has 3 hours of memory, i know what you mean about gadgets/effects/multis/ handy door stoppers

BSD
13-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Sounds like you been having fun Cadase?

:thinking Wouldnt it be good if there was a live jamming site where people could join in at different levels "beginner - intermediate - pretty good - Sh%t hot" people all round the world could find each other and form bands... Its probably already out there???

There is, "Harmonica Boogie.com"...make a guitar track, upload for the harpers, we record to it and upload our attempts at something worthwhile. Fun pl:cheer:ce to be.

ian
13-04-2013, 03:22 PM
I've had an RC-2 for a couple of years, barely used it -too bloody complicated, been tempted to get a Ditto looper http://www.tcelectronic.com/ditto-looper/ but it would only collect dust with the rest of my pedals, amps, multis'......

is that anything like an R2D2 :)

Redeye
07-06-2013, 08:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoeuXk1j01c

AJD Mowing
07-06-2013, 08:38 PM
What brand is that guitar Paul? Its been around the block,, sounds great...

Mrs HMS
07-06-2013, 08:43 PM
What brand is that guitar Paul? Its been around the block,, sounds great...

That's a Maton AJD

We went as saw Tommy play at an invitation only demo at a local music store to show off the latest Maton. There were only 20 people there. The man is amazing. It's like he is one with the guitar

AJD Mowing
07-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Yes I thought it looked like a Maton but the writing on the nut does not look like it.. He has had that for ever.. He is amazing

cadase
25-06-2013, 07:53 PM
A new edition to the family, not the actual one i bought, mine is secondhand. :)
wanted a parlor size for my Robert Johnson impersonation, :)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/taylor-gs-mini-mahogany-left-handed-acoustic-guitar

Redeye
25-06-2013, 07:59 PM
nice mate, love Taylors, so easy to play....bought one of these last friday http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/guitars-basses/amps/thr/thr5a/ going broke with all this rain....bloody GAS

AJD Mowing
25-06-2013, 09:00 PM
You blokes have to much money I think you should give me some..
Thats a nice color Taylor cadase I bet it has a nice woody sound? Are you a lefty?

cadase
26-06-2013, 08:50 AM
nice mate, love Taylors, so easy to play....bought one of these last friday http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/guitars-basses/amps/thr/thr5a/ going broke with all this rain....bloody GAS
Don't show me stuff like that Redeye, i'll convince myself that i need one :)
Mahogany top ADJ, and yes left handed

PaulG
26-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Love this medley. Maybe one day, if I keep practising and teaching myself I might be able to play the first 30 seconds :-) In the middle of restringing and fixing new tuning pegs to my old clanger at the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IonPZKz_vy8

AJD Mowing
26-06-2013, 09:18 PM
There is that guitar again.
All the Matons I have seen have had the name at the top of the head above the tuning pegs

PaulG
27-06-2013, 12:57 AM
Definitely Matons he's using.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/video-tommy-emmanuel-talks-about-his-maton-signature-series-guitar-555368

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3YsGBkchrI&feature=player_embedded#at=121

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jFjYHq3p4w

Blaktop
28-06-2013, 07:35 AM
A little collectors story. A mate of my brother's in NZ is a guitar collector, he has over 300 guitars. A couple of years back he was at a lawn sale and there was a tatty 3/4 size Gibson acoustic for $90.....he bought it. Then he thought he'd do some checking as to it's age etc.......very early 1900s. Word got around and within two weeks of checking the age he got a phone call from Gibson in the US offering $50k for it.....he said no, they offered $100k, he said it's not for sale. He asked why they wanted it and they said they had a complete range of that guitar in their "musuem".....except that year and if he ever decided to sell it, they would meet his price. He went back to the old lady at lawn sale and told her and asked what she wanted to do......she said you bought it, a sale is a sale.

On another note.....I am gearless......sold the 75 Strat, custom Flying V and the 59 bassman (and my pedal rack with some vintage TS9 Tubescreamers) a couple of weeks back. They've been sitting gathering dust for nearly 15 years waiting for the urge to return.....it hasn't, I have a stuffed left wrist and can't play for more than 10 minutes without serious pain......so it's all gone. It was a very sad moment but it all went to an active gigging muso so at least it all will be played.....guitars are for playing.

cadase
28-06-2013, 09:32 AM
Love this medley. Maybe one day, if I keep practising and teaching myself I might be able to play the first 30 seconds :-) In the middle of restringing and fixing new tuning pegs to my old clanger at the moment.

I'd say Tommy Emmanuel has made more people put the guitar down, rather than pick one up :)
I gave up long ago trying to immitate freaks of nature like Tommy C.G.P.
GIVE ME SOME LIGHTNIN' :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtXD4wZobnA

cadase
28-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Also, thanks to Jester State Prison Farm for giving the harp player day release to film this :)

BSD
28-06-2013, 09:59 AM
Nice piece of harpin for sure, not all over the wall playing, just fit in when your s'posed to fit in, (just be be a smartie its a "A" harp big river played in second position, guitar in key of E, )...I'M left handed and have no idea how to play guitar, this is good blues.
Also, thanks to Jester State Prison Farm for giving the harp player day release to film this :)

Redeye
28-06-2013, 11:05 AM
reminded me of this one, was on a Lightning album I had about 30 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH9NyVvBQms

AJD Mowing
28-06-2013, 12:31 PM
I wonder how many blues songs have been written with E A B progression :russ:

Redeye
28-06-2013, 12:42 PM
they could only afford 3 chords back them

AJD Mowing
28-06-2013, 01:02 PM

Yes but how rich are they.. Them Nigas have soul. I never heard a dying man say "I wish I had another house"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX3KOaJvly4

Redeye
28-06-2013, 02:41 PM
saw brownie play at the kiama jazz festival years ago....a legend!

cadase
28-06-2013, 03:51 PM
.................................................. .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CdVTCDdEwI

cadase
10-07-2013, 09:39 PM
Sometimes i think i live in a vacuum, why haven't i heard of this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN-wHU2f_jg&list=PLB8F6D72E5E0CBBA3

AJD Mowing
10-07-2013, 09:57 PM
My daughter likes this guy she showed me him on youtube a few months back.. Neil Fin looks like he is enjoying it..

BSD
10-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Oozes with feeling and dedication, he'll go places no doubt, Chris Izzacks sounds like?...good one.
My daughter likes this guy she showed me him on youtube a few months back.. Neil Fin looks like he is enjoying it..

AJD Mowing
11-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Should be in the eBay section ah well.. An old nylon string bet it sounds nice..
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MATON-ACOUSTIC-GUITAR-1958-/281131751006?pt=AU_Musical_Instruments_Instruments&hash=item4174c2165e&_uhb=1

Redeye
31-07-2013, 10:49 AM
new uke, bought last night - all solid koa wood, hand made in vietnam, $110 posted, this is the second one of his I've bought....unbeatable quality at an unbelievable price :D
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k604/redeye1964/new%20uke/T2eC16JHJH0FG1sTCqvBR8sFikzNw60_57_zps4b54b82e.jpg (http://s1118.photobucket.com/user/redeye1964/media/new%20uke/T2eC16JHJH0FG1sTCqvBR8sFikzNw60_57_zps4b54b82e.jpg .html)
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k604/redeye1964/new%20uke/T2eC16RHJH0FG0wsTgTnBR8sFWdUeQ60_57_zps6923e999.jp g (http://s1118.photobucket.com/user/redeye1964/media/new%20uke/T2eC16RHJH0FG0wsTgTnBR8sFWdUeQ60_57_zps6923e999.jp g.html)

Redeye
31-07-2013, 10:54 AM
this is the 1st one, had it for about a year...again, beautifully made, lovely inlay work, all solid mahogany
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k604/redeye1964/Bruce%20Wei%20ukulele/DSCF0133.jpg (http://s1118.photobucket.com/user/redeye1964/media/Bruce%20Wei%20ukulele/DSCF0133.jpg.html)
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k604/redeye1964/Bruce%20Wei%20ukulele/DSCF0135.jpg (http://s1118.photobucket.com/user/redeye1964/media/Bruce%20Wei%20ukulele/DSCF0135.jpg.html)

this is his page http://stores.ebay.com.au/Bruceweiart-Musical-Instrument-Shop/Ukulele-Ukulele-Parts-/_i.html?_fsub=12&_sid=106008313&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322 I'll probably get a guitarlele off him before long - bloody GAS

NLALM
31-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Now that is craftsmanship at its finest, that inlay is bloody awesome

cadase
31-07-2013, 07:24 PM
That's a great body design, and the timber 'wow'
I might enquire about a parlor sized 6 string version, when you receive it, let us know about the f hole tone

Redeye
05-08-2013, 01:09 PM
bought a 6 string version in maple - I think I might require therapy

cadase
05-08-2013, 02:35 PM
You'll have to get a double neck next, :)
Nice guitarlele,
Nice Hanna Montana aloha case :)

cadase
05-08-2013, 02:38 PM
daddystovepipe on youtube plays a mean uke

Redeye
05-08-2013, 03:18 PM
this!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kyI2WO0Cj4

AJD Mowing
06-08-2013, 07:57 PM
bought a 6 string version in maple - I think I might require therapy

That is a piece of art Paul.. Love it...

cadase
15-09-2013, 11:06 AM
Some of the best vibrato in the business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkBvmv8kt4U

NLALM
15-09-2013, 12:19 PM
nice, was she playing a guitar I didn't notice

Redeye
15-09-2013, 01:48 PM
her phrasing was a bit wobbly...