PDA

View Full Version : Council Letters. (Require less than 10cm)

Andy B
02-12-2009, 09:39 AM
I was just onto the local council (City of Monash) to discuss the requirements to pass an inspection after receiving a long grass/clean up/rubbish letter.

The answer I was given was that it has to be less than 10cm. I asked about piles of grass etc and they advised like rubbish it must be taken away.

Hopefully this is helpfull to those who quote this kind of work, and I'd guess most councils would be the same or similar.

administrator
02-12-2009, 03:03 PM
INTERESTING ..

SPEAKING OF COUNCILS .

I have heard alot of councils are not paying their bills to contractors .

If anybody has had this problem recently add a post

I have heard a big company has just pulled the pin on their contracts as the monies owed to them are on a drip feed and they have had enough .

This is in Victoria

Bluey
02-12-2009, 05:53 PM
I was just onto the local council (City of Monash) to discuss the requirements to pass an inspection after receiving a long grass/clean up/rubbish letter.

The answer I was given was that it has to be less than 10cm. I asked about piles of grass etc and they advised like rubbish it must be taken away.

Hopefully this is helpfull to those who quote this kind of work, and I'd guess most councils would be the same or similar.

I do a fair bit of this work at this time of the year. Some councils will stipulate the waste has to be taken away and some don't. If you can get in with the Council it is good as they often do compulsory cuts if the person who gets the order doesn't do it on time. They then get a contractor in to do the job and they don't really care about how much it costs. We do a lot of regular yearly jobs for customers who we have on our list to keep the Council off their backs. Good money.

Bluey
02-12-2009, 05:56 PM
INTERESTING ..

SPEAKING OF COUNCILS .

I have heard alot of councils are not paying their bills to contractors .

If anybody has had this problem recently add a post

I have heard a big company has just pulled the pin on their contracts as the monies owed to them are on a drip feed and they have had enough .

This is in Victoria

Can't say I have seen this. I do work for a couple of Councils and they pay pretty regularly. Takes a bit to get set up with them though and you are probably going to need $20 million PL insurance. They used to ask for $10 million but most have now gone to $20 million. Same as shopping centres.