PDA

View Full Version : whats you aussie favorite bands..music ..singers

odin
09-06-2004, 08:34 AM
this transplanted hillbilly scotsman in chicago ..likes all kinds..old fasioned hillbily ..honky tonk ..bluegrass ..real blues ..rock.....about the only thing i detest is..rapp ...that **** stinks lol.

i love cream... jimi hendrix ...and one band creedence clearwater rivial is a spec ial one ...i met my wife when she was listening to bad moon riseing....theres a story behind this song ebony .....ask me about it sometime :D LOL It might be a dumb ass song but creedence clearwater revival's bad moon riseing is our song lol.

i love hank williams senior ..bill monroe ...muddy waters.. howing wolf ....nine inch nails areosmith ..just a few.

now what do you aussie's listen to lol .....im waitng to here the music tastes from down under lol

Tonyr
09-06-2004, 02:06 PM
Don't listen to much misic nowadays...But when I did I liked,

Jimmy Barnes, John Farhnam, Bryan Adams, Slim Dusty, Whitesnake, Bon Jovi, Poison....probably others just can't remember em.
These are my remembered favourites though... :russ:

Tonyr
10-06-2004, 01:07 PM
Where is Ebony, our leaderess???

Share with us little people your music likes please O young one! ;frosty;

Ebony
10-06-2004, 01:13 PM
Oh No No No lol :p

I like all the bands listed by you guys, I am pretty easy going when it comes to music. Usually I prefer to be able to understand the words tho hehe - not much use if you can't sing along

Ebony

Tonyr
10-06-2004, 01:25 PM
CRIKEY! That was a pretty neutral, ''sit on the fence'' kinda reply wasn't it??!! ;frosty; (yes, I like this smiley!)

I agree, I like knowing what is sang....not into heavy stuff for that reason I guess. But hearing the throatey sound of a Mighty 28 Massive Horse Powered, Electronic Feul Injected Power Plant revving it's head off in my ear every day is music to my ears! :russ:

Bet ya can't beat that :frightene

Easycareacres
10-06-2004, 05:14 PM
Hey this is Australian bands we are talking about. heee
DRAGON old favs top aussie stuff.

Easycareacres
10-06-2004, 05:18 PM
Tony scags sound so much better than that garbage

Tonyr
10-06-2004, 08:51 PM
Showin' your age now ol' fella! :p

Tony scags ...? WTF?

Tony Toro ...now that sounds better than old yella scag! ;frosty;

couldn't resist!

mick
10-06-2004, 08:52 PM
Hey guys. What a screwed up week I've had! First the bands....
Odin, All the bands you mentioned are amongst my favourites. I'll also add, :aus-flag: bands....... Sunny Boys, Radio Birdman, Radiators, Cruel Sea, Chain, Uncanny Xmen. hehe "NOT"
Others, Neil Young, CSNY, Led Zepplin, Stranglers, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits. Into blues and classic rock. :russ:

This week, got a filling done in a tooth, 2 days later another chip appeared in another tooth,(wisdom tooth) she drills away and says its too deep, ok, pull it. :sad: Ouch I gotta say. Panadine forte helps alot! I've got a big hole in my gum now and cant eat properly.
Tuesday, the missus is down stairs and theres water coming through the floor. Hot water system is stuffed. Call the plummer. He's here all Wednesday installing a reconditioned one. He's all finished and turns the water on. No water in the bathroom sink. Air locked or something. He stuffs around with it flooding the bathroom. He's off to get some more taps. Comes back and installs. Now theres a drip coming from one of them.

On top of all this, I've got a couple of lawns to do, sort out the kennels for the dog and try to get ready for our 4 week holiday overseas. Have to get up tomorrow morning about 3.30am.(its only an hour and a half later than I usually go to bed)

If I come across a Internet cafe I'll check in but if not, I'll see you lot in about 4 weeks tanned and broke! ;frosty;

Later!

Tonyr
10-06-2004, 08:57 PM
Gee, sorry to hear bout ya week! geesh!
Tooth...year, hurts!

Holiday...where the hell ya goin ya rich Hippy?

Easycareacres
11-06-2004, 06:07 PM
haa Mic are you sure he is a plumber / he might be a gynogoligist lol.
Tony scags dont roar they purr mate lol ;dealers;

Easycareacres
11-06-2004, 06:08 PM
are toros still using the volkswagon engine lol ;frosty;

Tonyr
11-06-2004, 07:32 PM
Ha, Ha Ha, Russ, funny bloke eh? LOL!

Answer is, No.

They are using a F14 Tomcat fighter jet engine now....you know that! :laughing:

Let me know about any great trade shows eh?

Going to that other one I mentioned in Sept?

Where did the Hippy go, anyone know?

Easycareacres
12-06-2004, 12:40 PM
Tony the trade shows I was going to find out this weekend but the guy I had coming up is at family funeral so have to wait a bit before I can ask more on what he knows.
Yeah I d love to look at these shows, just hope its not when we are full on with work though.
:(

cadase
17-03-2006, 11:54 PM
The Living End

bigG
18-03-2006, 03:08 PM
sherbet................and many others

Hustler
18-03-2006, 07:57 PM
My favorite is the only one BOAGS DRAUGHT

Bargain Stickers
18-03-2006, 08:59 PM
Hey Nev, everytime I send you an e-mail it gets bounced back to me saying it couldn't be delivered. What's up with that?

patch
28-03-2006, 07:40 PM
alrosamowing how did you go to day was every one happy

Bargain Stickers
28-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Everything went greeeaaat Patch, Thanks. One of the customers were so happy with the work she asked me to come fortnightly and even asked me to do some gardening and hedge trimming on the off weeks. I'm happy as a fly on you know what today. I broke the ice and it went well. What more could I ask for.

Bargain Stickers
28-03-2006, 07:48 PM
The other one sent me an SMS thanking me for such a fantastic job. She just wanted me to mow and catch with no edging but I gave her the works only because I just put my flyers out in that neighborhood and I didn't want anyone seeing my trailer there and then saying that it was a no good job, so I had fun with it and tried my best to show the neighbourhood the type of service they would pay for. You know, a bit of marketing at the same time.

patch
28-03-2006, 07:56 PM
well done.
but try not to give quotes without doing edgers I did when I first started and it is bad advert because they don't know what the customer whats :)

Bargain Stickers
28-03-2006, 08:02 PM
It's funny you give me that advise because I originally quoted her 32 dollars with edging, blowing and catching. She then asked me to quote her without the edging and blowing, she just wanted me to mow and catch. So I quoted her 30 dollars and explained to her that there's not much of a difference at all. I couldn't believe it when she told me to go ahead and just mow and catch for $30, lol. So I figured I'd do it all anyway that way I wouldn't downgrade my work. She took the bait and it worked out in the end. Thanks Patch.

patch
28-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Mate you have just learnt a good lesson us Aussies will screw you down on price
you are better off saying that you prefer not to do that

Bargain Stickers
28-03-2006, 08:14 PM
Thanks Patch. Gotta love this forum. Where else can we get the advise we need from the ones that know. I feel like I've been mowing lawns for a long time with all the back up support that has been extended to me. I can only hope that the guests on the forum will read and learn what their capabilities will be when they are starting out as well. Thanks Mates.

patch
28-03-2006, 08:25 PM
We are all in this business together and try to help each other out and this is what this forum was started for
We have a bit of fun bagging each other but when you need help we are here for every one that comes on this forum we are never to old or to smart to learn and when we give advice and you don't agree with it then let us know we are not offended it might be something that we had not thought of :wave-hi:

bigG
29-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Thanks Patch. Gotta love this forum. Where else can we get the advise we need from the ones that know. I feel like I've been mowing lawns for a long time with all the back up support that has been extended to me. I can only hope that the guests on the forum will read and learn what their capabilities will be when they are starting out as well. Thanks Mates.

good stuff alrosa sounds like your going great guns and enjoying yourself to boot :)

administrator
17-06-2007, 10:56 PM
abba electric light orchestra the angels

bigG
18-06-2007, 08:54 PM
ok ........no more drinks for you admin :russ: :russ:

administrator
18-06-2007, 09:04 PM
last call u reckon :dean:

cadase
18-06-2007, 09:20 PM
The Living End, The Harold Holt Memorial Swim Team Band, Robert Johnson, Skip James,

Islandhead
18-06-2007, 10:08 PM
AC/DC are my classic fave, but at the moment I am really into The John Butler Trio their newest album, Grand National, is awesome! :russ: :russ:

heggie
23-08-2007, 04:59 PM
will be going to see the chair and the finger next month should be good . :russ:

administrator
23-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Angels AC/DC

heggie
24-08-2007, 07:43 AM
hi Admin ,when we were in Freo last year .

poiuytrewq
25-08-2007, 11:55 AM
Wolfmother Zepplin Doors AC/DC

Hey Heggie can,t view your attachment of bon scott whats up with that.

heggie
27-08-2007, 07:54 AM
can anyone see the photo ?

kakegc
27-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Yup, looks good! :russ:

heggie
11-09-2007, 09:12 AM
went to see silverchair and powderfinger on saturday night in Sydney . bloody good show , if you like their music its worth going to see , great show . cheers Heggie