PDA

View Full Version : Honda 216 height spring

MikeS
21-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Hi Guys,

Any ideas on how to put a new height adjustment spring on top of the Honda 216?

There has got to be an easier way than me swearing and kicking it, I have a broken loop of the old spring jammed in where it connects to the base?

Any help greatly appreciated.

MowerRob
21-12-2009, 05:32 PM
That little metal thing that is sitting on the spring can be remove just be careful pry it off slowly with a flat head screwdriver if u damage it then u will need a new one . As for putting the spring on use a lot of force connect to metal bar first then stretch like buggery. Once on put metal plug back on tap it on with a socket and hammer.
Oh Goodluck

MikeS
08-02-2010, 07:19 AM
Thanks MowerRob that did the trick, had to use a gentile crow bar to wedge it off, the large screwdriver just didn’t have enough lift.

Now my wife can adjust the height without stopping me :o

63impala
10-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Man I just had to change the caple that engages the self propeler on my honda 216 that was the hardest thing I have done on it the caple was only $20 good price I say,,, Just this sping you have to put back on in this tight area she is running like a dream know..I recon I saved 70-80 doing that my self new toy soon for me for saving....

MowerRob
10-02-2010, 03:06 PM
Man I just had to change the caple that engages the self propeler on my honda 216 that was the hardest thing I have done on it the caple was only $20 good price I say,,, Just this sping you have to put back on in this tight area she is running like a dream know..I recon I saved 70-80 doing that my self new toy soon for me for saving....

If it was the spring that connects the cable to the self propelled handle all u do is pull the self propel handle off the mower frame then connect the spring then reattach handle to frame.
If it wasnt then this is how u change the spring if it breaks

63impala
10-02-2010, 03:09 PM
No man it was the whole caple right in ther near the drive shaft if you tur ur mower up side down and follow the line down you will see tock me and hour....