PDA

View Full Version : Stockman 12.5hp mower help.

moa man
23-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Hi everyone. firstly wishing you all a very merry xmas christmas and the best for 2010.

We have just been given a STOCKMAN 12.5HP ride on mower.

We cannot get it to drive.???? Starts, decks goes up and down but it just wont go forward. Are we missing something??

Looked on the net for a manual but can't find one.

Model 286707 Type 015802 Code 9505174L

cheers
Moaman. :aus-flag:

Andy B
23-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Saw one of them in a clients over grown yard awhile ago, I asked about it, they gave same story, and they said it was an electrical problem and from memory a circuit needed replacing???

geoff
23-12-2009, 07:52 PM
mowman that would be a cox stockman ? if so the drive plates need adjusting make sure they are pushed up together with a bees dick clearance :)

Redeye
24-12-2009, 11:35 AM
You could try ringing Cox in Qld. I rang a few times when I first got mine (used) and they sent me a manual, and later sent some springs for the deck - no charge!! Ask for the service dept. & explain the problem.

greasemonkey
24-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Check the drive belt is on and tensioned. The tensioner for the drive belt is loosening the four engine bolts and sliding the engine forward. Apart from that, the disks could need adjusting in under the seat. Check the drive chain, sometimes the keyway on the small top sprocket can shear and cause lack of drive. Also check the key ways are in the wheels! See how you go. They are a very simple drive system with not a lot of things to go wrong.