PDA

View Full Version : stihl 4 mix engine problem

jmk256
25-02-2006, 09:55 AM
:wave-hi: I have a new stihl brushcutter with the new 4 mix engine, it is still 2 stroke but is much quieter, problem is that when you use trimmer line instead of blade it revs harder causing the auto rev limiter to miss one fire in four which makes it sound like the plug is misfiring, it is a great machine but you have to keep the line fully extended to stop this problem.

administrator
25-02-2006, 11:24 AM
This might seem like a silly Question what does stihlsay about it (still having problems } i spoke to a mechanic this morning hes says the same thing keep a load on the spool and it will be ok he also mentioned as they do make sure the plugs ok maybe run some conditioner in the fuel .

Im sure Stihl can give u a better story .

But Very interesting :rolleyes:

administrator
25-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Patch may have an answer from the old school text book :russ:

jmk256
27-02-2006, 07:55 PM
[My local stihl agent was unaware of this problem until speaking to a senior technician at stihl, it is something you have to live with as it meant to stop the engine over reving and self destructing.

administrator
27-02-2006, 08:14 PM
well you gotta worry about Stihl Products
1. you can only buy stihl from a stihl shop
2. you can only buy stihl parts from a stihl shop
3. collusion comes into play BECAUSE OF THIS SITUATION as if the stihl shops will discount when you can only buy from selected dealers.
Me personally wouldnt touch one for that reason only
and as for saying you have to put up with the missing sound just sounds ridiculous.

chaplain
28-02-2006, 06:41 PM
Ive got Honda gear found Stihl way to expensive on there products, there specs dont add up. Touch wood had no problems so far.

JGK
27-04-2006, 07:20 AM
Hi guys!

I also have a Stihl FS100 4 mix bruscutter. Two coils in 18 months (replace free of charge by Stihl South Africa) Engine rebuild after 2 years... Recently bought Honda UMK435E. Very nice machine, much cheaper and better specs. Also have Honda HRU 196 Buffalo Classic mowers. Had Alpha chassis (Made in South Africa) with Robin EC10 2 stroke motors. Gave excellent service for past 4 years, only replaced rings and engine seals twice. Will replace all my equipment with Honda in future. Stihl not as good as it was. Thats for sure.

Buy the way, still have 1 Victa Bronco as well. Victa's were the best! New Victa's not as good I believe. Don't get them in SA anymore, but spares no problem.

As far as ride on mowers goes, there is only one. John Deere LT with Kohler engine. Trust me. Had Murray before. Briggs motor (I/C) not durable enough.

Very hot in SA, dry dusty, much like Australia. Thanks for the HRU 196 mowers that you guys build down under! They are good.

administrator
10-05-2008, 12:10 PM
good points

JGK
10-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Hi Guys from a wet :Rain: Vredendal, South Africa :wave-hi:

I don't buy Stihl anymore, only Honda. I use the UMK435E Brushcutters. They are sooo reliable! Stihl just last week increase their prices betwenn 20 to 25%. The are really crazy. That good their products ARE NOT.

Honda is the way to go. My HRU196's have done over 300Hours, NO PROBLEMS at all. I recently had my UMK435E brushcutter services on 320Hours, only the exhaust valve had to be ajusted and I ordered a cluth assembly as there are about 1mm left.

The Honda blower and bend shaft "weeteater" are exspensive though, but for the rest of their products, well done Honda.

Also just traded my John Deere LT150 Ride-on after 618 trouble free hours for a John Deere X320. What a machine. John Deere also tops!

Regards

Jannie Kroese

administrator
11-05-2008, 12:12 AM
Thanks Jannie Kroese could do with sending that rain this way this continent is just about as dry as yours

My mums sister lives in Kenya great spot .

good to hear from you again

JGK
11-05-2008, 07:32 AM
Thank you very much! Yes, Kenia is a bit far from us (South Africa). I have heard it's so nice there but has never been there myself.

We have been very lucky the past 4 years with very good rainfall in our area(Vredendal on the West Coast) But one can never get to much rain, not in our business anyway!

Kind Regards and thank you for your kind words.

Jannie Kroese :wave-hi: