PDA

View Full Version : Lawn mowing How to Teach Your Child to Mow the Lawn

DavidS
19-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Hi all,

Anyone had a problem teaching someone to mow who wears glasses, I am trying to teach my 14yr old grandson to mow, he tells me he cant see where he has cut, especially in the sun. Do any of you people have this problem. I think I may have to get him some transisions lens for his glasses, maybe the glare is the reason he can't see where he has mowed.

administrator
19-03-2010, 12:59 PM
I guess hes only doing it at home so shouldnt be a great problem .

Wattle GC
19-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Hi all,

Anyone had a problem teaching someone to mow who wears glasses, I am trying to teach my 14yr old grandson to mow, he tells me he cant see where he has cut, especially in the sun. Do any of you people have this problem. I think I may have to get him some transisions lens for his glasses, maybe the glare is the reason he can't see where he has mowed.

How did you get a 14yr old to mow the lawn in the first place.??

Try and colour the lawn with yellow food dye in a squirter bottle ..Spray it around and he will see where he has mowed .If he misses a bit you can hose it off easily and will not harm the lawn.

Bluey
19-03-2010, 05:52 PM
How did you get a 14yr old to mow the lawn in the first place.??

Try and colour the lawn with yellow food dye in a squirter bottle ..Spray it around and he will see where he has mowed .If he misses a bit you can hose it off easily and will not harm the lawn.

Lol...now aint that the truth. Not many 14 yr olds would want to mow a lawn let alone get up early enough to do it. Get him to try polariods. We used these all the time at sea to allow us to make out the reef under the water when working near reefs. Worth a try.

DavidS
19-03-2010, 06:05 PM
I was hoping that if I taught him well enough he could be my backup if I needed help mowing. I will try the polaroids thanks Bluey.
He is a pretty good kid, will at least try to learn or help, you have to ask him tho, no volunteering, so I volunteer him LOL

Sandgroper
19-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Sounds like he needs new glasses :i dunno:

DavidS
19-03-2010, 06:14 PM
LOL could be a good start to, but I have seen the same problem with other people who have to wear glass all the time. The old bloke next door has the same problem, his other half is for ever telling him he has missed bits when he mows, he really gets the ****s with her.

Mrs HMS
19-03-2010, 06:24 PM
yeah I wear glasses and sometimes the glare really does make that sort of thing difficult. I was forever lifting the glasses up to see if I'd missed spots and then had the problem of not being able to see anyway cos it was all just a blur :laughing:

Bluey
19-03-2010, 06:41 PM
That's where the polariods come through they cut through the glare and let you see what is really there. I never used to go to sea without a set and when you are skippering larger vessels it is a must.

administrator
19-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Hope you find a remedy b4 he starts driving :who-knows

Fred's mowing
19-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Let the grass grow a bit first :russ: .
Cheers Dean.