PDA

View Full Version : Shindawa multitool

Fred's mowing
25-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Shidawa multitool, Got spark, pulled out the plug placed it against the cooling fins , pulled the cord.
Got compression , plug out put my finger over the hole & pulled the cord.
Got fuel, took the muffler off & sprayed Aerostart into the combustion chamber.
No go!!!!!!!!!!!! :dean:
Anyone???
Cheers Dean.

administrator
25-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Have you cleaned out the exhaust port and spark arrester

How old is the unit

Fred's mowing
25-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Have you cleaned out the exhaust port and spark arrester

How old is the unit
I took the muffler off & I dont know how old it is , I have heaps of em. Should date them with an engraver I spose :o .
Cheers Dean.

administrator
25-03-2010, 09:21 PM
what about that little petrol tank breather filter thingy im pritty sure they have one on the shindy make sure thats clean and clear .

Fred's mowing
25-03-2010, 09:51 PM
what about that little petrol tank breather filter thingy im pritty sure they have one on the shindy make sure thats clean and clear .
Clean & clear, but that should,nt really matter as I squirted Areostart into the combustion chamber :confused: .
Cheers Dean.

administrator
25-03-2010, 09:55 PM
yes i know i allways spray that stuff in the spark plug entry if the cylinder was down it would block the hole guess thats the same as the spark plug entry 2 lol

administrator
25-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Ask a Small Engine Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

http://www.justanswer.com/tags/Small-Engine/shindaiwa

spark might be too weak/small to ignite fuel; .... The spark doesn't cause ignition, the heat generated by a spark causes the fuel to iginite

DavidS
26-03-2010, 06:21 AM
Dean,

Have you tried replacing the spark plug, I had one that the electrode was loose, when it was out of motor it gave off spark but when the compression of the motor hit it it moved away from the tip, no spark. I actually had one plug where it adjusted it's own gap, the electrode slid up and down within the plug. I still have that plug in my shed and show it to people.

MowerRob
26-03-2010, 07:02 AM
Sounds like your on/off switch is faulty ,earth wire has come off coil ?

Wattle GC
26-03-2010, 07:34 AM
Sounds like kill switch faulty..Could also be a sticky reed valve if its a 2 stroke

mowjoman
26-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Check wires. One could be crimped or insulation damaged and earthing out. Also check cylinder head bolts. My kawasaki did same thing and eventually checked the head bolts and they had vibrated a bit loose. :i dunno:

geoff
26-03-2010, 04:27 PM
very simple ,wait for greasemonkey to come on and he will solvge the problem...horses for courses , we mow and he fixes machines good

Fred's mowing
26-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Thanx guys, will try what David S said,I know I have spark when its not in the hole but cant be sure when it is (said the actress to the vicar :laughing: ) , but the switch , wiring & coil must be fine or I would,nt.
Cheers Dean.

Fred's mowing
05-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Looks like the comprersion is the prob. When I compared it to other machines it pulled through WAY easier. A set of rings should do it , but it,ll proly end up parts :rolleyes: .
Cheers Dean.

MowerRob
05-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Looks like the comprersion is the prob. When I compared it to other machines it pulled through WAY easier. A set of rings should do it , but it,ll proly end up parts :rolleyes: .
Cheers Dean.

How old is the machine

Fred's mowing
05-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Not sure, as I said b4, I really should engrave the purchase date.
Its proly less than 2 years old, why?
Cheers Dean.

MowerRob
05-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Not sure, as I said b4, I really should engrave the purchase date.
Its proly less than 2 years old, why?
Cheers Dean.

Just asking age to see how old machine is, my M230 is 4 years old and still going strong obviously in that time I have had to repair it a few times. Main problems I have had with it is fuel pick up and fuel lines . Overall great machine and will either buy a new one or the 4 stroke husky multitool with the 25cc honda motor. I would buy 2 one for dedicated WS and one to use for pruner and saw then if we need to use pruner and saw at same time we can get both multi tools going.

ian
05-04-2010, 11:31 PM
i have had mine for over 4 years with no problems at all with the engine but then i probably don't use it as much as you do dean in this case i would probably take it to the shop and ask them to give a quote before fixing it maybe something simple you have missed

Fred's mowing
07-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Thanks Ian but Im pretty sure its the rings.
We have about a dozen of these & its the first motor failure :sad: .
Ive got quite a few sitting around with no pull starts though :rolleyes: .
Cheers Dean.