PDA

View Full Version : I need more power from Kawasaki KBL26A

starmow
31-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Hi everybody,
I need more power from Kawasaki KBL26A brush cutter, I put tanaka alloy head on it and it don't have power like tanaka tbc262 brush cutter.
:dean:
But I can't find the idle screw? Can you help me please?

simo
31-03-2010, 09:19 PM
The idle screw isn`t going to give more power unless it is stalling..Take the air filter cover off and see if when you squeeze the trigger, that the throttle is opening fully if not you can adjust the cable with the thread at the end of the cable till it is opening fully..

mowjoman
01-04-2010, 07:22 AM
What size cord are you using in your alloy head? I've got the KBL27 I use 3.3mm which is fine normally but if you have too much cord out you revs will drop considerably. keep it shorter when in thick stuff or couch. Could be it :i dunno:

Wattle GC
01-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Hi everybody,
I need more power from Kawasaki KBL26A brush cutter, I put tanaka alloy head on it and it don't have power like tanaka tbc262 brush cutter.
:dean:
But I can't find the idle screw? Can you help me please?

Sounds like you aint getting full throttle..Seems Turbocharging is the only answer :)

Redeye
02-04-2010, 01:44 PM
What size cord are you using in your alloy head? I've got the KBL27 I use 3.3mm which is fine normally but if you have too much cord out you revs will drop considerably. keep it shorter when in thick stuff or couch. Could be it :i dunno:
Same with me, I use 3.3 in the square profile, goes through anything.Lately its getting harder & harder to start,( I owe it some servicing i suppose!) but after 3 years or so, it doesn't owe me anything. Still goes like the clappers once it starts, will definitely replace it with another Kawa when the time comes, won't even consider another brand.

starmow
02-04-2010, 04:07 PM
hi everybody,
Thanks for help and it is throttle problem and I fix it now and I have 2.7mm cord on brush cutter. :wave-hi:

Sandgroper
02-04-2010, 04:35 PM
The throttle handles can move on them if not done up real tight,,depending on which way it slides it can over revv or drop revs on the machine ,glad you got it sorted out anyway.

gcsmow
06-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Take out your spark arrestor and either clean it and put it back in or discard it. Carefull, you don't want to be starting any bushfires but. :frightene