PDA

View Full Version : Tree lopper Pruning from neighbour tree???

starmow
10-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Hi everybody,
I have one customer and he want to pruning and cut everything what coming from him neighbour tree. And from ground I see it will be around 20-25m3 of the green waste for removal.
What you think how much I need to charge him?
:wave-hi: Thanks for help

Andy B
10-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Big tree, what's your plan for the green waste?? tip, private property??

starmow
10-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Big tree, what's your plan for the green waste?? tip, private property??
Hi Andy,
It is few tree for cut, and it is every different tip, and it is private property.
And my trailer is 7x5x5 then I will have maybe around 7-9 trailer for removal. :i dunno:

administrator
10-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Two ways maybe some of you guys have other ideas

Ring a guy with a chipper get him to chip and maybe the customer could use as mulch .

If you load up your trailer with branches that fit fill about half way get on top and cut it up with chainsaw making sure you dont cut the trailer in half this will then let you fit 2-3 times as much into the trailer .

If you are cutting make sure you know what you are doing and you have Public Liability insurance amd accident cover lol

Andy B
10-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Will it work out cheaper to get a skip or two and load it than do that many trips to the tip?

Work out which way you're going to go then give a price that you would like for the amount of time you think it will take you and then add either price of skip or extra time for trips to tip and tip fees which could be about $400 at my local (plus 10%-not sure if other fellas add 10% onto tip fees and supplies but seems fair to me as it's your money your spending and your loss if you don't get paid.)

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
10-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Two ways maybe some of you guys have other ideas

Ring a guy with a chipper get him to chip and maybe the customer could use as mulch .

If you load up your trailer with branches that fit fill about half way get on top and cut it up with chainsaw making sure you dont cut the trailer in half this will then let you fit 2-3 times as much into the trailer .

If you are cutting make sure you know what you are doing and you have Public Liability insurance amd accident cover lol

Sounds like a good tip i will have to remember that?

I use a handi skip if there is lots of waste. they where 120 for what holds 5 trailers. I think there refering to 6x4 but i reckon i can get atleast three times what i get in my trailer into it and i dont have to pay dump fee or drive it away. A trip to the dump takes an hour sometimes a hour and a quater times that by 2 blokes the customer pretty quickly is better off with the skip.

Now we have a new skip company in townsville i havent used them yet but there sinage says skips 60 now that is cheaper than i can take one trailer to the dump.

Shepparton Lawn Care
10-04-2010, 09:58 PM
I would take a deep breath and think about what your client is asking you to do-if you are expecting to remove 20-25m3 from a neighbours tree- i can only assume that you are only removing branches from one side of the tree?. are you qualified to carry out such works? It sounds like removing tht quantity of limbs from one side of the tree would severly comprise the structure of the tree. I would either take responsibility(providing you have current public liability insurance, and that you are insured for the height at which you would be working) sub contract works to a qualified aborist, have him mulch(chip) waste and remove or leave for client to use as mulch at a later date, or inform client of suitably qualified people to carry out works. Whilst your client is within their rights to remove branches on their side of the fence, this 20-25m3 seems a huge amount of green waste to be removing from a tree. Ask yourself and your client-Have they sought permission of owner of tree to remove such a large amount??. My thoughts only!!!

administrator
10-04-2010, 10:19 PM
Good point Shep also depending on what type of tree it is you may need a permit . :who-knows

ian
10-04-2010, 11:41 PM
also remember while you are with in your rights to remove branches that are over hanging the property line legally these branches still belong to the neighbour and if by removing them you damage the tree you can be sued for damaging there property this happened in i think toorak where one neighbour damaged a tree by cutting it's roots to put in a swimming pool can't remember what the result was but do remember it got a bit messy.

simo
11-04-2010, 08:17 AM
I would take a deep breath and think about what your client is asking you to do-if you are expecting to remove 20-25m3 from a neighbours tree- i can only assume that you are only removing branches from one side of the tree?. are you qualified to carry out such works? It sounds like removing tht quantity of limbs from one side of the tree would severly comprise the structure of the tree. I would either take responsibility(providing you have current public liability insurance, and that you are insured for the height at which you would be working) sub contract works to a qualified aborist, have him mulch(chip) waste and remove or leave for client to use as mulch at a later date, or inform client of suitably qualified people to carry out works. Whilst your client is within their rights to remove branches on their side of the fence, this 20-25m3 seems a huge amount of green waste to be removing from a tree. Ask yourself and your client-Have they sought permission of owner of tree to remove such a large amount??. My thoughts only!!!
Totaly agree make sure your covered in all aspects or pass it on..

Andy B
12-04-2010, 12:04 AM
Is the general law that if the neighbour owns it it's got to be thrown back over the fence... :i dunno: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
12-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Is the general law that if the neighbour owns it it's got to be thrown back over the fence... :i dunno: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes this is true and ive even had customers tell me to trim a heap of branches hanging over and have them all thrown over the fence. I do however think the neighbour would be pissed at you and wouldnt look good for your buisness. I did however here of one guy in mission beach who is the neighbour of my mother in law. The people behind his house asked if they could trim his mango tree. he said they could trim it and they got tree loppers in who cut the whole thing down and left all the mulch chips on the ground he was pissed off big time.

Andy B
12-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Yes this is true and ive even had customers tell me to trim a heap of branches hanging over and have them all thrown over the fence. I do however think the neighbour would be pissed at you and wouldnt look good for your buisness. I did however here of one guy in mission beach who is the neighbour of my mother in law. The people behind his house asked if they could trim his mango tree. he said they could trim it and they got tree loppers in who cut the whole thing down and left all the mulch chips on the ground he was pissed off big time.

I'd be spitting too, love mangoes!

starmow
12-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Thanks fellas for help, maybe I can deal with my customer for good pruning, and same is good job. :clap:

administrator
18-04-2010, 10:46 AM
also remember while you are with in your rights to remove branches that are over hanging the property line legally these branches still belong to the neighbour and if by removing them you damage the tree you can be sued for damaging there property this happened in i think toorak where one neighbour damaged a tree by cutting it's roots to put in a swimming pool can't remember what the result was but do remember it got a bit messy.

Tree Row
February 18, 2009: An ongoing fight over the pruning of a neighbour's tree is landing one property owner in court

A current affair vid
http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/tree-row/xpj0yld

administrator
18-04-2010, 10:42 PM
http://www.envirolaw.org.au/resources/trees

There is no legislation dealing directly with trees and neighbour disputes in Victoria. Local Council laws may exist in certain areas, but these tend to be focused on situations where trees cause a danger to public health. For example, council by-laws will generally relate to the height of branches overhanging a footpath.

http://money.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=255363

Last financial year the Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria (DSCV) received just more than 12,000 calls about disputes and most related to neighbours. Fences (47 percent) and trees (22 percent) were the two most common issues people called about. "Often the fence or tree is just one of a number of issues that have built up over the years between two neighbours," says DSCV manager Teresa Zerella.

imoww
02-07-2014, 04:36 PM
As for NSW....
I go this info off a non gov website. cant find anything on the govt website
Legality
If your neighbor's tree is growing down onto your yard, you can legally trim the branches that overhang your property. You cannot trim any of the other branches on the tree nor can you trespass onto the neighbor's property to do so. The cut branches are still considered your neighbor's property in New South Wales, Australia. The law there mandates that you place the branches and clippings in a pile in a mutually-agreed upon place rather than throw them back over the fence.

Civility
Many laws don't specifically address branch disposal, meaning that you could technically throw the branches over the fence and into the yard. However, it's probably not the best course of action since it could cause your neighbor to become angry with you and escalate events, leading to a potential confrontation. The nicest thing to do, if you've trimmed the overhanging branches, is to dispose of them yourself in your yard waste container.

Warning
The law allows you to trim trees that overhang your property, but it prevents you from harming your neighbor's tree. If you throw branches over the fence and injure the tree's trunk or branches, your neighbor could sue you for damages. The costs for damaging a tree add up; according to the Nolo Press website, most states allow the suing party up to three times' the tree's value for compensation if the damage was intentional. Ask yourself if you want to be liable for that much should anything happen then take out the clippings yourself.

Suggestions
Before boundary trees become such a problem that you feel like chucking branches over the fence, talk to your neighbor. Let him know you want to trim the tree's branches that fall onto your property. Discuss branch disposal at this time. It's possible he may allow you to toss branches over if you've pruned them or agree that you can place the branches by his driveway or front yard.

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/info_10009710_can-throw-neighbors-tree-branches-over-fence.html

SunM
02-07-2014, 10:40 PM
Not pruning the tree properly can lead to harmful damage in itself, especially if you're taking off bigger limbs.

IMHO the best way to avoid this sort of situation is to plant smart, don't plant trees next to or near buildings or fences where the canopy will grow across.